Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 21, 2017 7:38 AM

May 2012
I'm just wondering if it's missing or there simply isn't romance involved in the show. I already ship the main characters of course, but is it really only me who has noticed the signs of a starting romance going on? So how come no tag? Will there really be nothing going on? What do you guys think?
Best boys <3

Nov 24, 2017 2:57 PM
Sep 2010
Looking at episode 8 i would not give this a romance tag, to me something that ends halfway through with no confession is no romance, and this is how this anime will end. Either this or the ending will be so rushed that it will be pointless anywya to tag it as romance.
Nov 24, 2017 3:05 PM
Nov 2016
Shineek said:
Looking at episode 8 i would not give this a romance tag, to me something that ends halfway through with no confession is no romance, and this is how this anime will end. Either this or the ending will be so rushed that it will be pointless anywya to tag it as romance.

There is a metric ton of anime on this site with the romance tag and no confession.
Nov 24, 2017 4:23 PM

May 2014
Agreed, this needs a romance tag.
Nov 25, 2017 5:25 AM
Nov 2015
yeah i think the romance tag is surely missing.
Nov 25, 2017 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Shineek said:

Um, maybe we've watched different versions of episode 8? It seemed like a textbook romance to me.
あなたは誰?
Nov 25, 2017 10:18 AM
Dec 2013
Shineek said:

I don't know how you can say that considering the focal point of this show is the main character's relationship with Sakurai which is clearly progressing romantically.
Nov 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
It's the way it's marketed. There's some shoujo anime on this website that are literally hentai, but they don't have the hentai tag.

Another example would be Yuri on Ice; it's obviously a shounen-ai, but it's not marketed that way.

For Net-juu no Susume, the original work doesn't even have a romance tag.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 25, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
Probably a DB Error
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
I have also noticed a few shows wth missing tags, cant remember one in specific atm but I have certainly seen this happen.
Nov 25, 2017 1:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Zelev said:
It's the way it's marketed. There's some shoujo anime on this website that are literally hentai, but they don't have the hentai tag.

Another example would be Yuri on Ice; it's obviously a shounen-ai, but it's not marketed that way.

Unlike the ambiguous relationship in Yuri on Ice, this series is pretty obvious. They even went out for a date. So it's a bit strange it doesn't have romance tag. It's clear Sakurai is pursuing Morioka romantically.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 25, 2017 3:47 PM

Jan 2014
wakka9ca said:
Zelev said:

Unlike the ambiguous relationship in Yuri on Ice, this series is pretty obvious. They even went out for a date. So it's a bit strange it doesn't have romance tag. It's clear Sakurai is pursuing Morioka romantically.

I could use that same argument for literally any series. Sometimes relationships are just sub plots. Sub plots aren't really a good indicator of what a show is really about.

I could also argue that Net-juu is a Slice of Life or a Drama because it has some of those elements. That doesn't mean that's what the show is about.

Nov 25, 2017 8:07 PM

Sep 2016
Maybe because the anime isn't marketed as a romance show
Nov 28, 2017 5:17 AM

Nov 2007
Shineek said:
to me something that ends halfway through with no confession is no romance, and this is how this anime will end. Either this or the ending will be so rushed that it will be pointless anywya to tag it as romance.

If you were joking then I hand it to you because I had a good laugh reading your comment. By your definition MAL will have to remove romance tag from more than half of the 1560 anime those are tagged with romance in its database.

Zelev said:

Tag in the original work? Link please or you probably think MAL's database is absolute. I have added over a hundred Anime/Manga in MAL's database so I know its credibility. Also, I really want to know a shoujo hentai if there's one. Please give me a link in MAL. Btw, don't mention NANA or Kaikan Phrase. Because if you do, you obviously don't know what is hentai and what is not.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2017 7:18 AM

Jan 2014
@shanimebib

Tag in the original work? Link please or you probably think MAL's database is absolute.

Are you really that lazy to click on Net-juu's adaptation?

I have added over a hundred Anime/Manga in MAL's database so I know its credibility.

Okay, and?

Also, I really want to know a shoujo hentai if there's one. Please give me a link in MAL. Btw, don't mention NANA or Kaikan Phrase. Because if you do, you obviously don't know what is hentai and what is not.

They're actually Josei, not Shoujo. They still have sex scenes either way.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34823/Souryo_to_Majiwaru_Shikiyoku_no_Yoru_ni
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36198/Omiai_Aite_wa_Oshiego_Tsuyoki_na_Mondaiji

Nov 28, 2017 12:34 PM
Nov 2012
It's blowing my mind that this anime still has an average rating of 7's . I had no intention of watching it based on the tags but when my friend pushed me to watch it and kept saying that I'll like it, I gave it a try and now it's my favorite anime in a long time. I read several random articles that came up in my feed about how surprising Net-juu was this season , how refreshing and how good it is.
I think the rating should be much higher and Romance should definitely be added to the genre tags.
Nov 28, 2017 3:28 PM
Nov 2017
I don't really think that their is that much romance in it to earn the romance tag.
Nov 29, 2017 5:41 PM

Nov 2007
Zelev said:
Are you really that lazy to click on Net-juu's adaptation?

Let me correct myself:
YOU probably DO think MAL's database is ABSOLUTE.

Zelev said:
Also, I really want to know a shoujo hentai if there's one. Please give me a link in MAL. Btw, don't mention NANA or Kaikan Phrase. Because if you do, you obviously don't know what is hentai and what is not.

They're actually Josei, not Shoujo. They still have sex scenes either way.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34823/Souryo_to_Majiwaru_Shikiyoku_no_Yoru_ni
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36198/Omiai_Aite_wa_Oshiego_Tsuyoki_na_Mondaiji

I am not here to educate anyone but you probably never heard of what these anime (or the source, for that matter) are actually called either. Yes, they are NOT JOSEI. Go figure out what they are called yourself. You think these are Josei since MAL says so. Let me tell you again:

YOU DO think MAL's database is ABSOLUTE.

To put you at ease, I have read many shoujo (yes, shoujo)/josei manga that have sex scenes. Just be my guest and consider them to be Hentai as I am not here to educate anyone.
Coronavirus.
Nov 30, 2017 12:49 PM
May 2007
Dec 1, 2017 12:57 PM
Jul 2016
yes its missing the romance tag for sure after ep 9
Dec 1, 2017 2:53 PM
Mar 2015
Indeed the romance is undeniable after episode 9
Dec 1, 2017 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
People, Shoujo and Josei are just demography of where the manga was published. These two manga were published in a josei magazine so they are josei.

People pick where it's published and they go and put this as a genre in anime for some reason but it's just a manga magazine demography.
Dec 1, 2017 3:13 PM

Jun 2012
lol she's taking a shower at the dude's house.
Dec 1, 2017 10:18 PM

Nov 2007

BUT... BUT MAL SAYS IT IS NOT ROMANCE!

Edit:

caio_ken said:
People, Shoujo and Josei are just demography of where the manga was published. These two manga were published in a josei magazine so they are josei.

Sorry dear. They were not published in ANY Josei magazine. I know the difference between genre and demography. If that is the case all Hentai would needed to be tagged as Seinen. MAL just doesn't have it listed in the options so they just got labelled under Josei because that's the closest they could think of.
Coronavirus.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.