Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2017 5:19 AM
Sep 2017
This is not some naive anime cartoon for children. It is admitted by the creator himself, Masaki Tsuzuki that it is a lesbian theme anime.

Here is the interview conversation with Masaki admitting to that Nanoha and Fate are secretly married with Fate being the prince/husband of the house.In 10 years time, Nanoha will become a housewife while Fate will become the breadwinner of the family??

Nanoha and Fate are both married couples who adopted Vivio as a child under the same roof.

In Japan, WOWOW actually aired Nanoha Movie series in the early hours of the morning from 1am(Japan time) to 6am.

Parents should take precaution recommending this anime series to your child. It is not that kind of movie that even Japanese society would approve for their kids/teenage children.

Singapore has given this movie a rating of PG13 which is sooo wrong. Better re-evaluate this because Japanese parents disapproves of this anime for their young children. There are also many lesbian movement groups heavily promoting this anime as if it's safe for children.
Oct 15, 2017 5:35 AM

Sep 2017
Why give them R or NC17? Do they fuck? If not then the rating is fine. It is really simple as that. We should probably rate yaoi and yuri the same way if thats the case.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 15, 2017 5:54 AM
Sep 2017
nymi said:
Why give them R or NC17? Do they fuck? If not then the rating is fine. It is really simple as that. We should probably rate yaoi and yuri the same way if thats the case.

R at least. Contains softcore nudity scenes and lesbian theme as confirmed by the creator himself.

Fuck? That's NC17 at least.
Oct 16, 2017 3:06 AM

Jul 2016
So a movie where it's 3/4 minutes of fan-service/naked screens, 20 minutes of slice of life story, 15+ minutes of conversations and 50+ minutes of Shounen battle screens is a R18 anime I see.......

nymi said:

Because Hentai44 is a Nanoha hater who dislike everything about this franchise and hope this franchise gonna die soon.
MahiaErebeaNegiOct 16, 2017 3:54 AM
Dec 28, 2017 11:04 PM

May 2014
Nice try
Fellow SGrean
Try harder next time
Jan 16, 2018 10:20 PM
Jul 2015
I still rate this for 15 or older
Simply because of the theme, level of violence (visible blood) & unnecessary nudity

I know some PG-13 movie has nudity, but it isn't graphic enough to trigger my "pedophile alert" this anime does
Jan 21, 2018 8:34 PM

Jun 2017
Haha, well if this isn't just an overreaction...

I mean - yes, I DO agree - it's not for children - but in truth most Anime is not really something most children (At least in western nations) should be watching, because almost all of it has questionable themes at ABSOLUTE BEST - and most take a couple steps further.

That's one of the biggest misconceptions I encounter when I have to let on to someone who doesn't know me well, that I watch anime. Far too many people just assume it's meant for little kids or that it should be child-friendly... and... damn, I can't think of that many anime that I would allow my kids to watch prior to maybe age 10 - some even later.

Nanoha - all the lesbian/yuri inference aside, is already not really child-friendly plot-wise. I mean, Fate's abusive mother in the original series / Movie 1 is certifiably twisted and not something you should want your kids thinking about - pretty heavy / tragic stuff - all the human experimentation themes that come up throughout - rather mature topics in the first place, never mind the non-stop fighting or the fact that lives are at risk during all of them (aside from Vivid, of course..., nothing remotely serious happening in that world...)
Alpha-MethylJan 21, 2018 8:38 PM
Jan 22, 2018 2:44 AM

Jul 2016
VeggyZ said:
Haha, well if this isn't just an overreaction...

I mean - yes, I DO agree - it's not for children - but in truth most Anime is not really something most children (At least in western nations) should be watching, because almost all of it has questionable themes at ABSOLUTE BEST - and most take a couple steps further.

That's one of the biggest misconceptions I encounter when I have to let on to someone who doesn't know me well, that I watch anime. Far too many people just assume it's meant for little kids or that it should be child-friendly... and... damn, I can't think of that many anime that I would allow my kids to watch prior to maybe age 10 - some even later.

Nanoha - all the lesbian/yuri inference aside, is already not really child-friendly plot-wise. I mean, Fate's abusive mother in the original series / Movie 1 is certifiably twisted and not something you should want your kids thinking about - pretty heavy / tragic stuff - all the human experimentation themes that come up throughout - rather mature topics in the first place, never mind the non-stop fighting or the fact that lives are at risk during all of them (aside from Vivid, of course..., nothing remotely serious happening in that world...)

Actually you don't have to replying this guy as he is obviously a troll who tried too hard to bashing this franchise without even do a proper research (He only do after people pointed his argument is wrong) and call us a "Gay fanboi" for defending this franchise. His comments in this topic is way more ridiculous: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1572876&show=50
Jan 22, 2018 7:25 AM

Jun 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Actually you don't have to replying this guy as he is obviously a troll who tried too hard to bashing this franchise without even do a proper research (He only do after people pointed his argument is wrong) and call us a "Gay fanboi" for defending this franchise. His comments in this topic is way more ridiculous: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1572876&show=50

Lol, let him try to suggest I'm a gay fanboy. I more or less assumed what he was doing but I felt the need to comment anyway because this stuff is everywhere you go. And yeah - it's ridiculous alright. The nudity for instance? It's barbie doll level! Can that even be considered nudity? I was seeing that when I was 6 or 7, when my sister would play with her dolls. I definitely detect the mature undertones (in plenty of anime) but this is definitely blowing most of 'em WAY out of proportion. If he's got such a reaction to that level of content, I think he's got no place calling anyone else... well, anything. I wouldn't call Nanoha's plot the most serious or dark of any anime, certainly, but still, that alone definitely makes it something that isn't "for children".

Hell, here in America you can't take 2 steps without running into some anime-hating pleb who thinks something along the lines of "all cartoons are for kids!" and such, who has most likely never actually watched one in earnest. Obviously not true even outside of Japanese animation - but anime? Maybe Japanese kids can handle more mature topics and content - but even there it's teenage and older audiences for almost all of them. When I was a pre-teen my parents would probably not have let me watch a lot of them for plenty of reasons.

Never understood why people so often suggest that they should be child-friendly when in practice only a small handful are at all.
Oct 9, 2019 9:39 AM

Jun 2017
A young teen or maybe even a little earlier rating would be more than enough. There are overtones, though in these movies, any of them, the overtones are VERY mild. Not to mention, NONE of that is actually focused on in the anime / movies in any detail whatsoever. The only "risque" parts in my opinion are the transformation scenes, and really - they're barbie-doll esq. and last a minute tops.

Who were those made for again? Kids... I find them to be a little tasteless and it isn't because I don't find little girls to be cute, it's just awkward the attention to detail they put into the character's bodies during the transformation - as if the viewer were not already aware of their age.

But... those ratings for THIS? for ANY of these? You've got to be kidding, haha...

(I actually forgot I commented on this once before, but what I said is the truth, so it stays unless someone feels some uneccessary need to moderate - moderate to your heart's content)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: Reflection Episode 1 Discussion

aznk93 - Jul 23, 2017

46 by Noodle070 »»
Sep 10, 2022 12:49 AM

» On the idea that the girls seem "weak" in this movie...

Alpha-Methyl - Oct 9, 2019

0 by Alpha-Methyl »»
Oct 9, 2019 9:55 AM

» Movie 3rd Infomation ( 1 2 )

MahiaErebeaNegi - Nov 28, 2016

84 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
May 22, 2018 12:50 AM

» Apparently 7Arcs is too lazy to fix the bad art

MahiaErebeaNegi - Apr 11, 2018

8 by Wedm »»
May 12, 2018 6:15 PM

» almost july 2018 1 full year since this movies been out still no blueray or dvd

GrimAtrament - Mar 8, 2018

1 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 9, 2018 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.