Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
May 21, 2018 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:
Yes with Answer being the culmination of this characterization.

The culmination is a bunch of bullshit if you don't understand where he and Archer are coming from, though.

It boils down to being stubborn if you can't realize that this is Shirou finally finding a value for his empty self. You don't really see this empty self much throughout the show. He just says that he want to be a hero and nobody can say he can't if he believes in it hard enough, when it's actually him pushing that idea (that he knows it describes him perfectly) away from his head because if he can't be that thing Kiritsugu showed him to be "happiness" he may as well have died in that fire right then and there.

It never came out like his actual self and life's worth was hanging in the balance in the Archer fight. It came out as "You're an idiot, stahp" and "no u imma do it anyway cause i like it, U DUNNO ME MAN!".
I disagree as you know very well.
May 21, 2018 2:52 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:

I do and I respect that.
May 21, 2018 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

I do and I respect that.
char limit bulshit
May 22, 2018 1:14 PM

Mar 2015
Apocalypse-Ash said:
MightyM16 said:

I know what they think and I'm saying that they're wrong. It's stupid to think in that way to begin with considering Zero is a prequel for the three routes as a whole. I disagree with UBW having the least to do with Zero, it's the only route to fully answer Kiritsugu's dilemma which was by far more relevant to Zero's storyline compared to Kariya's subplot.

UBW still has the least to do with Zero though. HF also deals with Kiritsigu's ideals (in a completely different way) along with it being the only route in which Shirou learns exactly what kind of man Kiritsigu used to be (I may be wrong here). HF also finally resolves the details of the Holy Grail itself and it's past history in previous wars, which is by far the biggest plotpoint and question raised from Zero (in my opinion) and possibly the 2nd most important plotpoint in FSN, after the focus on Shirou's ideals (again in my opinion).

Regardless, there's no use being annoyed at what other's think. It's just their opinion. There is afterall no truly right or wrong opinion. If they think HF is Zero's "true sequel" and see it that way, then so be it. People will be people and they'll always have differing opinions. That's just the way it is.

And I have all the right to shit on them for thinking that way too since as I already explained: it's wrong.

F/Z isn't even a story about the grail, it's a story about Kiritsugu and his ideals. HF revealing the truth about the grail is not something that F/Z hinted.

And I already said above the reason why UBW deals with Kiritsugu's ideals more than HF, please read that post of mine again.
May 22, 2018 1:15 PM

Mar 2015
lustinNthrustin said:
MightyM16 said:

Did at least watch at least UBW before watching this? If you felt lost in the movie, it makes sense why you'd find it boring.

I saw that years ago, and enjoyed it.

Wait for the other movies then, things heat up in the second part of any F/SN route.
May 22, 2018 1:24 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
Botato said:
And like... Why are we still saying this even. It should be clear by now from the past 4 years that anyone mildly interested in the franchise or had their curiousity poked even a tiny bit by all these claims would have attempted to read the VN by now. Just let it go and be zen, it'll lower your blood pressure.

I tested it myself ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Reading a VN is a hurdle for a lot of people, even for those who are very interested in Fate. I blame the adaptations for not exploring the characters as they're meant to.

For example, Kirei's character arc in Zero is written to mirror Shirou's in F/SN. They're both mentally ill individuals with no concept of a moral compass and get no gratification from doing what normal people do. They start their journey lost, searching to find and understand themselves and end it with the a newly found belief, motivation and way of life, albeit being a mirror reflection of each other.

You'll never get that feeling from UBW. This is why it's a failure on the anime's part, as I see it.

Seriously, between Kirei and Shirou, Kiritsugu is very flat in comparison, but that's the difference competent direction makes between Zero and UBW.

I think UBW did relatively good job with Shirou, especially with showing how broken he was. You shouldn't use people's bias and incapacity of using their brain to understand why a character acts the way he does to blame an anime series,
May 22, 2018 1:37 PM

Aug 2010
MightyM16 said:
I think UBW did relatively good job with Shirou, especially with showing how broken he was. You shouldn't use people's bias and incapacity of using their brain to understand why a character acts the way he does to blame an anime series,

That's my own opinion, and it's not based on anyone else's. Shirou in ufoUBW never felt like the Shirou from the VN to me.
May 22, 2018 1:51 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
MightyM16 said:

That's my own opinion, and it's not based on anyone else's. Shirou in ufoUBW never felt like the Shirou from the VN to me.

How so? Can you elaborate on that?

Anyway I'm just saying that I met a lot of anime onlies that understood Shirou just fine. It's completely possible to "get" Shirou's character with UfoUBW.
May 22, 2018 3:26 PM

Aug 2010
MightyM16 said:
astroprogs said:

Anyway I'm just saying that I met a lot of anime onlies that understood Shirou just fine. It's completely possible to "get" Shirou's character with UfoUBW.

The ufoUBW subforums are full to the brim with Shirou's anime characterization discussions and arguments that I don't feel very eager to retread. Sorry for cutting this short, but this is barely a topic I want to spend pages on again, especially when everything to be said was already said... like hundreds of times.
May 22, 2018 5:59 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah... Probably best for everyone to not repeat that.
May 22, 2018 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
MightyM16 said:

The ufoUBW subforums are full to the brim with Shirou's anime characterization discussions and arguments that I don't feel very eager to retread. Sorry for cutting this short, but this is barely a topic I want to spend pages on again, especially when everything to be said was already said... like hundreds of times.
people are failing to understand kirei, kiritsugu, Gilgamesh AND Saber even tho FZ had "good" directing.
May 23, 2018 8:42 AM

Nov 2013
Once again I'm gonna go ahead and blame gigguk for his awful """"review""" of FZ.
May 23, 2018 4:34 PM
Nov 2014
Wow, this movie did not dissapoint one bit. So much happend, and it's only the first movie!!! Also that mabo tofu scene, kirei is gloroius as always. Really looking forward to the 2nd movie.
May 23, 2018 5:57 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
MightyM16 said:

That subforum was a mess mainly due to the nitpicking of a lot of VN purists. Fandoms within MAL are a mess in general.
May 23, 2018 8:14 PM

Mar 2016
MightyM16 said:
astroprogs said:

That subforum was a mess mainly due to the nitpicking of a lot of VN purists. Fandoms within MAL are a mess in general.
from what i remember certain scenes didn't really show what shirou was thinking and left it up to interpretation, some concluded that he was an idiot from those scenes
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
May 23, 2018 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
Aure0lin said:
MightyM16 said:

from what i remember certain scenes didn't really show what shirou was thinking and left it up to interpretation, some concluded that he was an idiot from those scenes
The only scene that was really ruined was him being rescued in the temple by Archer.

People come to the conclusion that he is an idiot simply for believing in saving people. On the other hand you have Vash, who doesnt kilL EVER he is one of the best characters ever.
May 23, 2018 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
Aure0lin said:
MightyM16 said:

HF has almost zero Shirou monologues yet it is apparently okay for some of the guys who constantly critcized UBW for "muh monologues"
May 23, 2018 9:27 PM

Aug 2009
MightyM16 said:
Aure0lin said:

HF has almost zero Shirou monologues yet it is apparently okay for some of the guys who constantly critcized UBW for "muh monologues"
The default hate for Miura also helps. It is "the worst KnK" vs mirai Fukuin.
May 24, 2018 10:27 PM

Mar 2016
MightyM16 said:
Aure0lin said:

notice how i didnt say anything about monologues. you can convey what a character is thinking based on actions or facial expressions but i didnt see much of that in ubw tv besides making him look stoic or charge screaming into a fight. thats from memory tho it's been three years so there might have been more
and the current hf movie as far as shirou's character is concerned covers only a retread of what we already know about shirou in the prologue, his development ramps up after he finds out about sakura so it's a bit early to make any conclusion about how ufo is handling hf shirou right now
Aure0linMay 24, 2018 11:37 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
May 25, 2018 9:18 AM

Feb 2010
Suprisingly enjoyed this movie eventho im not a fan of Sakura. Glad Rider has spotlight, she was a fodder in Fate/UBW route but not a fan of Shirou/Sakura pair... i don't feel anything romantic, chemistry or anything... feels forced even in this route Shirou seems to have interest for Rin far more than Sakura.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 26, 2018 6:30 AM

Sep 2013
roppuri said:
Suprisingly enjoyed this movie eventho im not a fan of Sakura. Glad Rider has spotlight, she was a fodder in Fate/UBW route but not a fan of Shirou/Sakura pair... i don't feel anything romantic, chemistry or anything... feels forced even in this route Shirou seems to have interest for Rin far more than Sakura.

Are you sure that isn't just because you prefer Rin over Sakura? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm actually serious. I also prefer Rin as a romantic interest, and after watching UBW where those two had real chemistry, it's hard to move on from that mind set and see Shirou develop a love interest with someone you don't really like.
It's the same experience I had when reading the VN - but my attachment was to Saber and Shirou. After reading the first route where they were paired, I didn't feel like Rin and Sakura had any chemistry with him either because I didn't want there to be any chemistry.

But if you take your personal taste out of the equation, it is not difficult to see how Shirou would develop feelings for Sakura. He only care for helping people who need it, and no one needs support more than Sakura. Given how much they showed of them living together and bonding, Someone like Shirou would develop feelings over time for someone like Sakura.... regardless of who we prefer
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2018 6:48 AM

Dec 2014
MightyM16 said:
Aure0lin said:

That's because as much as the most devoted VN fans might object, it is all about execution - NOT about following the VN.
They have it in their heads that the only way to do the story justice is to follow the VN, so when they feel like ubw hasn't been done right, the first place they go to for answers is the VN. And what was something missing in the anime that the VN had? Hours and hours and hours of Shirou navel-gazing and rationalizing his stupid actions through monologues. So that becomes the reason why "ubw anime is shit and muira is a hack yo".

So you see, their reaction has everything to do with how they feel, not what reality is. The reality says that the execution of a story or a character can be done well in a very different way than the VN - and yes, that can mean chopping out their precious monologues. This movie is the perfect example, as you pointed out.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
May 26, 2018 8:42 AM

Nov 2013
I am actually curious who these people are, now. I haven't seen anyone praise Shirou except anime only people (and I wouldn't even call that praise they just hate his guts less, mostly because you see less of him in a condensed movie).

The problems in UBW almost all carry over to HF. There is far more subtlety and attention to detail in HF, I'll give it that, but this isn't praising Shirou at all unless you use some haxxx dimensional twisting powers.

Edit: I mean, maybe something happened earlier in this thread idk. Point me to it if there was, please. I only started lurking here after BDs were out.
May 26, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2015
Botato said:
I am actually curious who these people are, now. I haven't seen anyone praise Shirou except anime only people (and I wouldn't even call that praise they just hate his guts less, mostly because you see less of him in a condensed movie).

The problems in UBW almost all carry over to HF. There is far more subtlety and attention to detail in HF, I'll give it that, but this isn't praising Shirou at all unless you use some haxxx dimensional twisting powers.

Edit: I mean, maybe something happened earlier in this thread idk. Point me to it if there was, please. I only started lurking here after BDs were out.

Not exactly in this thread but both on Reddit and 4chan, I've seen people praise Shirou in HF because he was true to the VN while dissing on his UBW characterization because it lacked monologues.

Aure0lin said:
MightyM16 said:

notice how i didnt say anything about monologues. you can convey what a character is thinking based on actions or facial expressions but i didnt see much of that in ubw tv besides making him look stoic or charge screaming into a fight. thats from memory tho it's been three years so there might have been more
and the current hf movie as far as shirou's character is concerned covers only a retread of what we already know about shirou in the prologue, his development ramps up after he finds out about sakura so it's a bit early to make any conclusion about how ufo is handling hf shirou right now

As @ssjokg said, the only scene that felt badly adapted to me was Archer's rescue of Shirou in the temple. Otherwise, I think UfoUBW nailed the "show don't tell"part of his character. The people who still don't have even a minor grasp of his character after UBW only did a surface watch of the series.
May 26, 2018 2:55 PM

Feb 2010
Mickdrew said:

Are you sure that isn't just because you prefer Rin over Sakura? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm actually serious. I also prefer Rin as a romantic interest, and after watching UBW where those two had real chemistry, it's hard to move on from that mind set and see Shirou develop a love interest with someone you don't really like.
It's the same experience I had when reading the VN - but my attachment was to Saber and Shirou. After reading the first route where they were paired, I didn't feel like Rin and Sakura had any chemistry with him either because I didn't want there to be any chemistry.

But if you take your personal taste out of the equation, it is not difficult to see how Shirou would develop feelings for Sakura. He only care for helping people who need it, and no one needs support more than Sakura. Given how much they showed of them living together and bonding, Someone like Shirou would develop feelings over time for someone like Sakura.... regardless of who we prefer

Maybe it's because i already influenced by UBW (i love the development of Shirou/Rin in there) so i didn't like Shirou/Sakura as much as them and that wet dream of Shirou tho, he is thinking of Rin first than Sakura.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 26, 2018 6:04 PM

Sep 2013
MightyM16 said:

As @ssjokg said, the only scene that felt badly adapted to me was Archer's rescue of Shirou in the temple.

What about the scene with Caster using rule breaker on Saber? I remember massive piles of salt from people who hated how stupid shirou looked compared to the VN
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2018 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Mickdrew said:
MightyM16 said:

As @ssjokg said, the only scene that felt badly adapted to me was Archer's rescue of Shirou in the temple.

What about the scene with Caster using rule breaker on Saber? I remember massive piles of salt from people who hated how stupid shirou looked compared to the VN
That's less monologues and more the melee b/w Medea/Saber and then the strings around Taiga's neck loosening.
May 26, 2018 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
This is so different than the previous animes.
Rather have added scenes; its more like a new remake completely.
It is great!!
May 26, 2018 11:44 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Mickdrew said:

That's less monologues and more the melee b/w Medea/Saber and then the strings around Taiga's neck loosening.

First of all, if you go frame by frame Caster melee attacks her once or twice the rest being aerial attacks, the whole thing was bait.

And you dont need monologues to figure out someone like Shirou would choose to save his sister.

And the threads loosening or not means nothing when Taiga is still meters above ground still in Caster's control.

It is the same with the temple scene.The rest of the characters have other plans so Shirou is clearly wrong.
May 27, 2018 3:08 AM

Oct 2013
I have a few complaints regarding how this was adapted, and I maintain HF should've had 4 (preferably 5) movies to adapt the entire route, but... honestly, the complaints are relatively minor and this was an absolute blast.

I do wish the novel's characterization was a bit more in tact. Shirou's character is decimated without monologues, and there wasn't much emphasis on the fire and events of 10 years prior, not as much as there should be considering how deeply it impacts Shirou's character and development.

I was considering having my Fate/noob friend watch this with me as an entry to Fate/shit; hoooo boy I'm glad I didn't do that. This is the least newcomer friendly entry in the franchise by far. Characters like Sasaki and Lancer are introduced and axed as if we already know who they are, and the first 3 days are essentially stuffed into a glorified montage.

Has anyone tried watching the UBW Prologue prior to this to see if it is equally serviceable as a prologue to HF? I haven't seen it since it came out, so my recollection is hazy.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 27, 2018 4:12 AM

Aug 2009
Zadion said:
I have a few complaints regarding how this was adapted, and I maintain HF should've had 4 (preferably 5) movies to adapt the entire route, but... honestly, the complaints are relatively minor and this was an absolute blast.

I do wish the novel's characterization was a bit more in tact. Shirou's character is decimated without monologues, and there wasn't much emphasis on the fire and events of 10 years prior, not as much as there should be considering how deeply it impacts Shirou's character and development.

I was considering having my Fate/noob friend watch this with me as an entry to Fate/shit; hoooo boy I'm glad I didn't do that. This is the least newcomer friendly entry in the franchise by far. Characters like Sasaki and Lancer are introduced and axed as if we already know who they are, and the first 3 days are essentially stuffed into a glorified montage.

Has anyone tried watching the UBW Prologue prior to this to see if it is equally serviceable as a prologue to HF? I haven't seen it since it came out, so my recollection is hazy.
watching this without all of ubw is a bad idea.
May 27, 2018 6:47 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Botato said:

First of all, if you go frame by frame Caster melee attacks her once or twice the rest being aerial attacks, the whole thing was bait.

And you dont need monologues to figure out someone like Shirou would choose to save his sister.

And the threads loosening or not means nothing when Taiga is still meters above ground still in Caster's control.

It is the same with the temple scene.The rest of the characters have other plans so Shirou is clearly wrong.
I said nothing about monologues.

But yes I do think the salt over that scene was over the top.

ssjokg said:
Zadion said:

And yes this so much. I am surprised people are even considering not watching UBW, what is wrong with you o.o
BotatoMay 27, 2018 6:51 AM
May 27, 2018 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
Botato said:
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:
And yes this so much. I am surprised people are even considering not watching UBW, what is wrong with you o.o

I have watched UBW and I've read the VN, but I'm not watching them back to back, you know? It's been 4 years since I've watched UBW or read the VN and I'd like HF to be an experience of its own.

RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 27, 2018 8:20 AM

Aug 2010
Zadion said:

I have watched UBW and I've read the VN, but I'm not watching them back to back, you know? It's been 4 years since I've watched UBW or read the VN and I'd like HF to be an experience of its own.

You've read the VN and you think that HF can ever be made into a standalone?
May 27, 2018 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
Zadion said:
Botato said:

Well that was impossible even in the VN.
May 27, 2018 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
I havent finished the movie but shirou is already making me mad, im about to drop ffs man. Shinji beats sakura right in front of you, how can u just let him go ? Just how ? this is the second time he hits sakura and shirou just lets him go because sakura decided to do whatever his shitty brother will say to her.He tried to kill Shirous friend right in front of him.Before that while Saber and Berserker are fighting, this autist tries to save a servant, gets stabbed and suddenly fight ends ( i know why it ended) and his stupid move doesnt get punished.I was told that Shirou is different in this route LMAO
I really like Rin,saber, gilgamesh, the holy grail war,animation,fights but I just cant stand shirou`s decisions and stupidity.
May 27, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2013
Zadion said:
Botato said:

I mean at least you read it/watched it. I still don't understand what made you think it would be a good idea as an entry point. Even if it did have a prologue of its own (which, why would they do that the movies are short enough as it is not to mention it's already covered in UBW) it will still be missing 2 thirds of build up and content.
May 27, 2018 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
4WARE said:
I havent finished the movie but shirou is already making me mad, im about to drop ffs man. Shinji beats sakura right in front of you, how can u just let him go ? Just how ? this is the second time he hits sakura and shirou just lets him go because sakura decided to do whatever his shitty brother will say to her.He tried to kill Shirous friend right in front of him.Before that while Saber and Berserker are fighting, this autist tries to save a servant, gets stabbed and suddenly fight ends ( i know why it ended) and his stupid move doesnt get punished.I was told that Shirou is different in this route LMAO
I really like Rin,saber, gilgamesh, the holy grail war,animation,fights but I just cant stand shirou`s decisions and stupidity.
Anime changed it, in the VN Shirou punches Shinji iirc. Here they just made Shinji get more points and headbutt Shirou possibly to make up for reducing him to a gag character in UBW.
May 27, 2018 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
Botato said:
Zadion said:

I mean at least you read it/watched it. I still don't understand what made you think it would be a good idea as an entry point. Even if it did have a prologue of its own (which, why would they do that the movies are short enough as it is not to mention it's already covered in UBW) it will still be missing 2 thirds of build up and content.

It's an adaptation, so I'd like to to be serviceable as standlone rather than requiring experience with everything released before it. Heaven's Feel in the VN is framed in context of the entire VN; this movie is released standalone. And anyway, couldn't people make the same argument about the UBW anime? It's missing a lot of build up established in the Fate route, of which we have no decent anime adaptation.

RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 27, 2018 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
@Botato

Thanks for the answer,i should finish the movie, i liked this more than the UBW anime so far
May 27, 2018 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
Zadion said:
Botato said:

It's an adaptation, so I'd like to to be serviceable as standlone rather than requiring experience with everything released before it. Heaven's Feel in the VN is framed in context of the entire VN; this movie is released standalone. And anyway, couldn't people make the same argument about the UBW anime? It's missing a lot of build up established in the Fate route, of which we have no decent anime adaptation.
I agree that Fate doesn't have a decent adaptation but when they first announced the UBW and HF adaptations they mentioned that Fate has DEEN anime. They think it is good enough. Whether we agree or not is a different matter.

Also if they are to adapt HF as a standalone they would have to rewrite some scenes/add more stuff because it just doesn't work the way it is. I'd be fine with that, except 3 movies aren't enough to cover what's already there to begin with.
May 27, 2018 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
4WARE said:
first of all he is someone that cant just let people die for him as the ubw anime did show and second if he didnt try that Saber would die so...
May 27, 2018 9:38 AM

Aug 2009
Zadion said:
Botato said:

Why do people get the idea that adaptations shouldnt depend on other anime series?

With that logic the MCU would never work since they would have to include origin stores inside the Avengers movies.
May 27, 2018 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:
4WARE said:
first of all he is someone that cant just let people die for him as the ubw anime did show and second if he didnt try that Saber would die so...

Yeah i guess u are right im sorry, i was angry because of some irl stuff while i was typing that but Saber could defend herself imo, isnt she one of the stronger servants?
May 27, 2018 9:50 AM

Aug 2009
4WARE said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah i guess u are right im sorry, i was angry because of some irl stuff while i was typing that but Saber could defend herself imo, isnt she one of the stronger servants?
short answer no she isnt.
Long answer she was already hurt from Lancer and as we saw, without Archer, Herc was destroying her.
May 27, 2018 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:
4WARE said:

short answer no she isnt.
Long answer she was already hurt from Lancer and as we saw, without Archer, Herc was destroying her.

Thank you for your explanation
removed-userMay 27, 2018 10:00 AM
May 27, 2018 11:55 PM

Mar 2016
Botato said:
4WARE said:
Anime changed it, in the VN Shirou punches Shinji iirc. Here they just made Shinji get more points and headbutt Shirou possibly to make up for reducing him to a gag character in UBW.
you get the option to punch him but sakura cries out to stop if that happens so shirou doesn't go through with it
after that shinji just leaves
Aug 16, 2018 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
Great movie, I've heard lot of hype about the HF route and being someone who's only watched the anime I can see why people hype this route. It's easily the darkest and most brutal route of FSN at least based on the anime of the previous routes.

I certainly didn't expect to see this amount of gore. blood and stabbing but damn. True Assassin and Zouken mean business. Sasaki and Medea were taken out so fast. I enjoyed the glimpse of Medea in casual clothes though. xD
Shirou's dream was pretty good too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There are some unexplained plot points that I assume will get answered later, How exactly was Zouken able to summon Assassin using Sasaki's body as a sacrifice? What exactly is this Shadow thing and why is it only appearing in the HF route?

Saber vs Rider was short but awesome especially that final hit plus Shinji's reaction, pure gold. XD

Cu vs True Assassin was pretty awesome, it's a shame that Lancers's always get the short end of the stick. It was clever of Hassan to use that Shadow thing to his advantage but I feel bad for Cu always getting killed. Which also brings me to another question, why does the Shadow not attack Hassan? The shadow doesn't seem to be affiliated to anyone so why is it avoiding Hassan? Presence Concealment?

So Saber got sucked in by the shadow before Shirou could use his command seal. Rider vs Hassan was awesome, she absolutely destroyed Hassan at the end.
Nice little glimpse of Saber Alter at the end there.

Animation was great, direction for the fight scenes were great and the artwork was very nice. It also looked like they made the color palette darker to reflect the darker tone of the story. The use of CGI was pretty noticeable especially during the fight scene on the truck but it wasn't bad. A lot of nice work put into the lighting as well.
8/10
Aug 19, 2018 10:10 PM

Feb 2014
lol wtf that assassin? Caster, then Lancer, then Saber... wow really?!

then Rider after dying so many times by Type Moon / Ufotable after always having 1 min of screen time, had enough, resurrected, and then kicked assassin ass? =O
(or perhaps I was fooled thinking that Rider had died?!)

what the hell is going on? hehe
TechOtakuAug 20, 2018 7:48 AM
Sep 9, 2018 5:55 PM

Dec 2014
Vi- said:
what the hell is going on? hehe

Yuetsu, my child. Yuetsu.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

33 by Bolona07 »»
Apr 29, 10:22 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM

» So confused

_txhsin__ - Apr 10, 2022

19 by Stacias »»
May 11, 2022 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.