Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 20, 2022 9:39 PM

Feb 2021
don't get how ppl think this is good, I was close to falling asleep. the nice visuals barely kept me awake
Apr 20, 2022 10:49 AM
Nov 2020
People said this anime made them cry hopefully ill see the sad parts soon
Nov 17, 2022 1:16 AM

Oct 2022
Absolutely loving the show. I like how instead of spoonfeeding questions, it is providing the hints for you to start asking them on your own.

It's fun and relaxing watching the girls explore the world completely cluelessly, salvaging stuff and trying to survive, and it's curious as they keep encountering things from the world before, be it a fish or a downed plane full of rations...
And it's visually very pleasing too.

Nov 25, 2022 11:01 PM

Jan 2010

I love this opening shot. It clearly establishes the bleak, expansive emptiness of the world the characters are in. It's as if the world were bleached white, and existence itself were at the brink of annihilation.

Casually, they mentioned this was the fourth bath they've taken since they began their journey. It kind of speaks to how long they've been traveling, which isn't really specific. In fact, the world's time frame is also unspecific, where it's uncertain as to how long the world has come along, much less for how long the girls have been traveling. At least contextually, they're speaking Japanese, but they can't read Japanese. Books are rare now, meaning human history has all but disappeared sans what few fragments are still lying around. Commonplace knowledge like human habitation, the ocean, and even the existence of fish are in danger of being forgotten. A lot of today's world is being spoken in past tense, of which are also spoken like hearsay and rumors.

One thing I find fascinating about shows that explore the ruins of today's civilizations is the mysteriousness of the present day. At the current moment, humanity has comfortably explored most of the Earth, or at least enough so that we can feign understanding the world we live in well enough. However, Girls' Last Tour and other similar shows have to re-explore the Earth, where the known of today become the unknowns of Chito's and Yuu's time. In other words, while today exploration is more faced towards the stars, potential post-apocalyptic futures turns exploration back to the Earth. With enough knowledge lost, the Earth becomes a mysterious place again, allowing for beautifully stark set pieces seen throughout this show. Though I must say, Girls' Last Tour really goes out of its way to talk about how far off their future is, where war had completely destroyed everything. At the same time, the show is still whimsical and care free, as if even after the end, there's still a way to appreciate what is left.

Simple acts like washing your clothes require safety precautions, but they're accompanied by moments of wonder where the world seems so large and expansive. The far extents of the girls' location is obscured by fog and mist, making every edge seem like the ends of the world. They're apparently on some floating or elevated continent, presumedly built after humanity exhausted and destroyed everything below. Seems like all animals seemingly went extinct except for humans, and even then they apparently bombed themselves to near-extinction by this point. So much of this series is left unsaid, and because of that, it allows for a lot of imagination and guesswork on the viewer's part. I really appreciate that.

Oh, also, as someone who likes Serial Experiments Lain, I really like the usage of electrical wires and cables in the episode's beginning. The initial wired connections show the remnants of civilization, as well as the connectiveness between people and places, but seeing them completely devastated later on visually demonstrates how increasingly isolated the girls had become, mirroring their conversation about potentially being the last two humans.
Dec 25, 2022 8:53 AM

Aug 2022
Did they seriously just dab? Lmao.

Jan 18, 2023 4:25 PM

Mar 2010
There is just something cozy about being in a pipe bath.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 22, 2023 10:28 PM
Mar 2023
silly dawsfefwsthtqajsrjtsrhszert
Mar 21, 11:08 PM
Oct 2019
Quite a catchy OP and ED.

Baka! Kuzu! Gomi!
LMAO
Apr 9, 8:43 PM
Oct 2021
Great heartwarming eps 2, good job!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

236 by ReganDesu »»
Yesterday, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2017

132 by CerisGyan »»
May 11, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

125 by Archean-Return »»
May 9, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

168 by Archean-Return »»
May 9, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

129 by Archean-Return »»
May 9, 5:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.