Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2017 1:43 PM

Mar 2013
I don't mind the constant shouting given that it's part of the character. It's just the voice quality and how the Asta's seiyuu unnecessarily prolongs the last syllable of every word that's grating to hear.

Hypothetically, if there were another seiyuu that can take Asta's role, who do you think would be the most fitting who also wouldn't be as annoying?

LiaNFOct 6, 2017 7:32 PM
Oct 6, 2017 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
Let us not forget that this anime is just another generic battle shounen, and that's first is the problem here.

Not some damn voice.
Oct 6, 2017 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
Swagernator said:
Let us not forget that this anime is just another generic battle shounen, and that's first is the problem here.

Not some damn voice.

Whatever you or I think about the anime is irrelevant in this thread since that's not what the topic is about.
LiaNFOct 6, 2017 7:32 PM
Oct 6, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2015
Yeah, I thought Murase would have been perfect for the role. I think anyone would have been better than that train wreck. But I do feel kinda bad it's the seiyuu's first role, gotta start somewhere right? Village person B would've made more sense than the lead role though!

Edit: What I find funny is that no one complains about those high-pitched moe voices like that nazi loli. To me that's even more grating on the ears than Asta's voice.
CtrlZEDOct 6, 2017 2:03 PM
Oct 6, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2016
his voice is godawfully generic in OVA. his voice is pretty unique now, that's good thing in a generic battle shonen anime.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 6, 2017 6:45 PM

Jan 2012
CtrlZED said:
Yeah, I thought Murase would have been perfect for the role. I think anyone would have been better than that train wreck. But I do feel kinda bad it's the seiyuu's first role, gotta start somewhere right? Village person B would've made more sense than the lead role though!

Edit: What I find funny is that no one complains about those high-pitched moe voices like that nazi loli. To me that's even more grating on the ears than Asta's voice.

Even before checking this thread I also thought of Murase. His style resembles Murase's, and Murase's voice+technique are better...
I've read so many people comment on his voice around FB and Twitter, but I didn't imagine it was THAT BAD? Then I had to come here to check if other people felt the same
His voice timbre is not bad IMO but how he prolongs every goddamn vowel specially at the end of the sentence and his voice gets hoarse/shaky Idfk how to define that I GET SO ANGRY OMG GO CLEAN YOUR THROAT??

And THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING HIGH-PITCHED MORE VOICE
I feel exactly the same and that is one of the reasons I avoid watching some anime like, seriously... I have to turn the volume down every single time someone appears and """"talks""""
Oct 6, 2017 7:22 PM

Feb 2008
I'd replace him with Shiraishi Ryoko because I will watch anything with her in it. In all honesty, I can't blame the voice actor as he was actively told to yell 90% of his lines. I will however place most of the blame on the director and the writer for the most generic shonen of the past 5 years.
Oct 8, 2017 1:58 AM

Jun 2016
Definitely Ayumu Murase, Aoi Yuuki, Yuki Kaji, or Hiroshi Kamiya. Tee-hee.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 8, 2017 2:29 AM
Apr 2016
I think the sound director accidentaly switched the VAs of Voltia Luck and Asta.....what a fvckin disaster
Oct 8, 2017 6:13 AM
Oct 2015
Swagernator said:

Not some damn voice.

You are stupid motherfucker who lacks intelligence enough to read English. What people discuss in here is how bad is seiyuu of Asta is. Not how much you are opposing the shounen genre shows. And you incapable moron thrash ... im so fkng sure you rather watch gay stupid "cute life of cute shitty girls" shows rather than likes of Black Clover. İf you dont like the show get the fuck out of here and go to forums of ones you like. İ have no regret using inappropriate language against people like you, hell who gives a damn fuck about getting banned in forum of a website that is filled with pedophile fags like you.
Oct 8, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2017
https://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano
https://myanimelist.net/people/270/Nobuhiko_Okamoto

Well I think the voice is fine seriously. AT LEAST YOU DONT GET A FRIGGING GIRL AS A VOICE. It is just episode 1. Seeing how this will progress. Feels like naruto and fairy tail without the ecchi.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 8, 2017 8:53 AM
Jun 2015
I don't know if it's a problem with the voice actor, but more the director telling him literally to fucking scream endlessly. It's just so awful.

It's like a natsu but on steroids my lord
Oct 8, 2017 8:55 AM

Feb 2014
A monkey could give a better performance than the abomination that's voice acting Asta. At least monkey screams don't make my ears bleed.
Oct 9, 2017 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
Ayumu Murase, because I like his voice so even if he yelled all the damn time I wouldn't find it annoying. Too bad he's already voicing Luck (I'm sure he'll make a great Luck, though).

Yuki Kaji would have been good too, but he already voices too many MCs and important characters...
Oct 9, 2017 12:36 PM

Jan 2017
Yes! Ayumu Murase or Yuki Kaji. they've perfected the yell/talk and scream thing. This poor guy they have now has his work cut out for him. hopefully he'll get better.
Oct 9, 2017 5:02 PM

Jan 2008
No offense intended to the author of this thread, as it's a topic worth discussing.
But I've read a lot of comments from people that are disappointed with his voice acting, and I've also read a lot of comments from over zealous fans who keep making excuses for how the series will get better, so I wanted to set a few things straight.

First off, his voice acting.
Kajiwara Gakuto is making that irritating banshee screech, because the director and or creator instructed him to do that, the director is also one of the people that has to approve of each line of dialogue before finalizing the episode.
Even if they replaced his actor, the directing staff will remain the same, and they will give the same instructions to his replacement, because once the first episode has aired, it's pretty much set in stone, and you don't typically see studios re-dub while the series is airing, as it reflects badly on them and interferes with the working schedule.
People have a bad habit of blaming who they see and hear, rather than the ones that are responsible for the decisions that are made. My concern is that this will have a negative consequence on Kajiwara Gakuto's future career, seeing as he doesn't have any other roles to compare it to.
I've also read comments from people claiming that the guy should retire from voice acting, do they even understand just what they're talking about, as well as how incredibly insensitive and childish a statement like that is? I think that some of these people should try watching shows like Girlish Number and Shirobako, and have a better understanding of the lives of the people they hold such a strong negative view towards. Yes, there are bad actors, but it's the experienced people who approve of and instruct the bad acting that should be blamed first and foremost, not the upstart whose just doing what he's told to do.
Overall, I do not see his voice changing at any point in the future, unless the character suddenly loses his ability to talk, that banshee cry is not going anywhere.

Second, the story.
In response to the constant over support from the manga's fans.
1. This is not the only series this season, there are many other shows that we have prior commitments to, as well as newer shows that we're planing to watch.
Don't knock other people for not sharing the same interests or attachments as you do, we have our own, and I'm sure that the circumstances have been reversed for all of us, and on many occasions.
2. As of now, I see nothing original about the series to hold my interest, it seems to follow the same generic playbook as virtually all other shonens.
We have the spiky haired mischievous boy, who no one treats with respect, he has a dark haired rival who looks down on him, all the girls hate him at first, but will suddenly see him in a more positive light do to his 'never give up' charisma. Oh, and while he seems weak in some areas, he actually has a mysterious power hidden inside of him.
3. Comparing the shortcomings of Asta to main characters from other shonen series as a justification, is rather dumb, we all notice how generic the other shows are, and how the main characters more often than they should, tend to have the same annoying traits.
The difference is that these characters are not repulsively annoying, all of the time, if I do not have the means to like anything about a character, because he is constantly irritating, then I will not sympathize with him, instead I will grow to loath him.
In fact, his personality is not what people are complaining about to begin with, so anyone trying to use this point should stop wasting their time.
4. No, the animation is not amazing, and does not give me a reason to place this show above all others.
5. While the manga might have been good, that doesn't mean that the anime will be the same, I've seen many shows that out preform the original work, and I've also seen shows that under preform them.
Another point of concern is that the success of one can often mean the failure of the other, do to the fact that people hold a strong biased for their personal preferences, and I can assure you that the anime will most likely make a number of changes that will upset the fans before it's over.
Just take the anime of Sword Art Online for an example, some love it, some hate it.
6. As stated earlier, I have no attachment to this series, while it may get better as it progresses, I have no reason to watch this show, and do not believe for one moment that I would be missing anything, if I were to I decide not to watch it.

Having said all of that, I still intend to give this series a chance, at least as far as the third episode is concerned, and that also includes the dubbed version, assuming that Funimation produces one.
If you still do not like how his voice sounds in the original Japanese version, then I suggest trying out the dub before officially dropping the anime series, but that's your call.

Now, sorry for the wall of text rant, and in getting back on topic. ^_^;
I don't really have an issue with his voice actor, if you pay close attention to when Asta talks normally, his voice doesn't sound all that bad, it's actually kind of like Kakihara Tetsuya, who voices characters like Natsu from Fairy Tail.
So to be honest, I'm fine with Kajiwara Gakuto continuing the part, as long as the directing changes.
PalsaOct 9, 2017 5:19 PM
Oct 9, 2017 10:06 PM

Mar 2015
as fans, i'll respond.. of course opinion welcomed, so does my opinion on your opinion rights? hence why we are here... to discuss...

Palsa-San said:
Second, the story.
In response to the constant over support from the manga's fans.
1. This is not the only series this season, there are many other shows that we have prior commitments to, as well as newer shows that we're planing to watch.
Don't knock other people for not sharing the same interests or attachments as you do, we have our own, and I'm sure that the circumstances have been reversed for all of us, and on many occasions.

agreed, and the reason why BC fans acts overly devensive also becaus exact same reason... , and this is nothing new... i still remember how some BnHA fans flooding BC thread in 4ch or /r because they blaming BC for their short anime adaptation...

Palsa-San said:
2. As of now, I see nothing original about the series to hold my interest, it seems to follow the same generic playbook as virtually all other shonens.
We have the spiky haired mischievous boy, who no one treats with respect, he has a dark haired rival who looks down on him, all the girls hate him at first, but will suddenly see him in a more positive light do to his 'never give up' charisma. Oh, and while he seems weak in some areas, he actually has a mysterious power hidden inside of him.

if nobody respect asta, then asta would be bullied.. remember asta is not lonely, he life in orphanage with otheres... they look asta as siblings that easy to tease at if anything... they play together, live togeteher, sleep togeteher, which even asta enjoy it alot... hance why that's what motivated him to free their orphanage from proverty... even yuno is same... he even also respect asta a lot...

girl hate him directly? not really... he even goes to blind date an get a girl, tho he is clueless about it...

and asta never has hidden mysterious power inside him...

Palsa-San said:
3. Comparing the shortcomings of Asta to main characters from other shonen series as a justification, is rather dumb, we all notice how generic the other shows are, and how the main characters more often than they should, tend to have the same annoying traits.
The difference is that these characters are not repulsively annoying, all of the time, if I do not have the means to like anything about a character, because he is constantly irritating, then I will not sympathize with him, instead I will grow to loath him.
In fact, his personality is not what people are complaining about to begin with, so anyone trying to use this point should stop wasting their time.

agreed

Palsa-San said:
4. No, the animation is not amazing, and does not give me a reason to place this show above all others.

it' does not amazing if you compare it to such as OPM, Mob psycho, BnHA, Haikyu, ETC, but definitely much better than other long run like FT, WT, current OP, or even previous Sousei no Onmyouji... new gintama also kinda suffer, but not much since they are really good at save budgeting (cough cough, sunrise)

Palsa-San said:
5. While the manga might have been good, that doesn't mean that the anime will be the same, I've seen many shows that out preform the original work, and I've also seen shows that under preform them.
Another point of concern is that the success of one can often mean the failure of the other, do to the fact that people hold a strong biased for their personal preferences, and I can assure you that the anime will most likely make a number of changes that will upset the fans before it's over.
Just take the anime of Sword Art Online for an example, some love it, some hate it.

sowrd art online adaptation problem is that they are rushed... maybe you are get better comparison with others long run... Sousei no onmyouji get anime anouncement when they still has 7 vol, WT is 8 Vol, while BC is 10 vol + 1 LN Vol when anounced (currently 13)... but yeah since it's still first episode and we don't know how many episode it is (but pretty sure it's long run because time slot), it still too soon to predict it... however, it's need to be noted that BC has no lack of original source problem which where usually where battle shounen suffer...

Palsa-San said:
6. As stated earlier, I have no attachment to this series, while it may get better as it progresses, I have no reason to watch this show, and do not believe for one moment that I would be missing anything, if I were to I decide not to watch it.

agreed....

Palsa-San said:
Having said all of that, I still intend to give this series a chance, at least as far as the third episode is concerned, and that also includes the dubbed version, assuming that Funimation produces one.
If you still do not like how his voice sounds in the original Japanese version, then I suggest trying out the dub before officially dropping the anime series, but that's your call.
good luck, but i have to express my opinion about 3 episode rule...

3 episode rule is kinda stupid especially for long run series... it's usually still about bild up and character introduction especially if you build a big story... gintama doesn't get warmly welcomed until 50 episode or so... WT doesn't get fired up until 15-20 episode... one piece git gud starting from arlong or even alabasta arc (ehich even near 100 episode)...

if you are not that impatient, maybe you are not a long run shounen viewer to begin with...

Palsa-San said:
Now, sorry for the wall of text rant, and in getting back on topic. ^_^;
I don't really have an issue with his voice actor, if you pay close attention to when Asta talks normally, his voice doesn't sound all that bad, it's actually kind of like Kakihara Tetsuya, who voices characters like Natsu from Fairy Tail.
So to be honest, I'm fine with Kajiwara Gakuto continuing the part, as long as the directing changes.

agreed, the problem is not his voice it self, but how he is scream like every damn time... even manga doesn't go that far... but he will be tsukkomi character later on (if you still unfamiliar with boke-tsukkomi style, boke is the one make comedy scane, tsukkomi is the one that make comment) so get used to his scream might really help...
KumaOct 9, 2017 10:18 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 10, 2017 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
Well, the 3 episode rule kinda varies depending on the person, in my case I have an overwhelming number of shows to pick through already (not just the simulcast), so if I'm not at least halfway interested in a show by the 3rd episode, then I'll probably drop that one and move onto another show. :D
Oct 10, 2017 5:41 AM

Mar 2015
Kajiwara suits him perfectly so don't blame the him, blame the directer for the annoying dragged out yelling. Voice actors have no say in the way they do their acting, if they want a job or to keep their job they have to act how they're told to and if they can't get it right then their career is going to take a tumble. Besides, this seems to be Kajiwara's first ever show so give him a break.
Oct 10, 2017 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
people who don't know that manga should seriously know that Asta is supposed to be this loud annoying character. The current seiyu suits him fine because of this.

Or is it just because he is a new seiyu. in which case people seriously need to get over it. the guy got his first break as a lead character because the producers and the original author found his voice suited the role.
Oct 10, 2017 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
Asta's voice is the only thing I like about that show, so I wouldn't change it at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 10:24 AM
Jul 2014
It's the first time that i look at an anime but would rather continue it in my native language, since Asta's voice is so annoying!! i was waiting for this show as i read the manga and liked the story, but here it's really too much. Even if Asta has such a character (a little like Natsu in fairy tail) it just brings stress to hear him scream all the time
Oct 10, 2017 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Absolutely Murase. Their voices are actually pretty similiar except for just one thing: Murase's better in EVERY way. Not saying his current VA is horrible, it's really just that disgusting screaming of his. Too bad he screams more than he talks.
Oct 10, 2017 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
Nakata Jouji. XD
Any character sounds perfect if it's voiced by Nakata Jouji. lol
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Oct 10, 2017 12:08 PM

Aug 2016
Without reading the rest of this discussion, a new voice for Asta wouldn't fix the problems with the story.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Oct 24, 2017 12:27 PM
Jun 2016
I'd go for Hinata from Haikyuu's Voice Actor. Mainly because that Asta reminds me of Hinata.
Oct 24, 2017 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
I wouldn't change it because I like his voice.
Oct 24, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2007
_Poochyena_ said:
Asta's voice is the only thing I like about that show, so I wouldn't change it at all.

Same. Its what keeping me to this series. Prolonging endings make it really comical and fitting to his frustration of fruitless attempts at magic; gives me a chuckle.
Oct 24, 2017 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
If you're annoyed at his current VA, then his VA is doing a good job. Asta is suppose to be annoying, it's his character.
Oct 24, 2017 3:04 PM
Mar 2013
LiaNF said:
I don't mind the constant shouting given that it's part of the character. It's just the voice quality and how the Asta's seiyuu unnecessarily prolongs the last syllable of every word that's grating to hear.

Hypothetically, if there were another seiyuu that can take Asta's role, who do you think would be the most fitting who also wouldn't be as annoying?

probably with anyone else :)
Oct 24, 2017 3:07 PM

Jul 2013
KRKodama said:
Nakata Jouji. XD
Any character sounds perfect if it's voiced by Nakata Jouji. lol
I suddently want this now.
Oct 24, 2017 5:42 PM
Jul 2016
komic said:
people who don't know that manga should seriously know that Asta is supposed to be this loud annoying character. The current seiyu suits him fine because of this.

Or is it just because he is a new seiyu. in which case people seriously need to get over it. the guy got his first break as a lead character because the producers and the original author found his voice suited the role.
thank you. i don't think it's that annoying tbh, it strengthens his more dignified dialogue.
Oct 25, 2017 4:05 PM

Mar 2014
Rather keep it the same....Its nice to see people get mad over his loud voice ;)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Apr 24, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.