Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 25, 2017 8:20 PM
Sep 2017
Yesterday, I reviewed an comics which is my favorite in my childhood----- Cardcaptor Sakura. But I thought many teenagers may be ignorant of it.
Cardcaptor Sakura abbreviated as CCS and also known as Cardcaptors, is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by the manga group Clamp.
The story focuses on Sakura Kinomoto, an elementary school student who discovers that she possesses magical powers after accidentally freeing a set of magical cards from the book they had been sealed in for years. She is then tasked with retrieving those cards in order to avoid an unknown catastrophe from befalling the world.
I have watched the anime several times, and never tired...lol......
Sep 25, 2017 8:23 PM
Sep 2017
yying0303 said:
Yesterday, I reviewed an comics which is my favorite in my childhood----- Cardcaptor Sakura. But I thought many teenagers may be ignorant of it.
Cardcaptor Sakura abbreviated as CCS and also known as Cardcaptors, is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by the manga group Clamp.
The story focuses on Sakura Kinomoto, an elementary school student who discovers that she possesses magical powers after accidentally freeing a set of magical cards from the book they had been sealed in for years. She is then tasked with retrieving those cards in order to avoid an unknown catastrophe from befalling the world.
I have watched the anime several times, and never tired...lol......

I've heard of the series
I'll probably never watch it

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 25, 2017 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
there's also a sequel released recently, called
カ-ドキャプタ-さくら~クリアカ-ド編
or Sakura Card Captors: Clear Card

edit: only in manga...for now.
DreamingBeatsSep 25, 2017 8:30 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 25, 2017 8:45 PM

Mar 2015
ahh... uhh... CCS was mainly targetted towards teen...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 25, 2017 8:48 PM

Jul 2016
I love it. One of my older sisters showed me it when I was 5. It was then that I knew what anime was.

And I sang the theme song.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1IyNW6lvXMJ
Sep 25, 2017 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Well I am watching it currently, well "watching" it is mostly on hold and I watch an episode or two every now and then. So... what are we supposed to discuss here?
Sep 25, 2017 10:09 PM

Apr 2015
This show has been at the top of my PTW for so long but it's seventy goddamn episodes.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 26, 2017 5:57 PM
Sep 2017
DreamingBeats said:
there's also a sequel released recently, called
カ-ドキャプタ-さくら~クリアカ-ド編
or Sakura Card Captors: Clear Card

edit: only in manga...for now.

Yes, I have seen the sequel already, I don't know why I'm attracted to this anime, but I really like it very much.
Sep 26, 2017 6:02 PM
Sep 2017
pgmhecateii said:
Yeah, watched it. Another little girl mahou shoujo series. Kinomoto Sakura isn't really anything special. A little bit of yuri and yaoi is shown, lol. Shoujo/shounen ai, whatever you wanna call it.

CLAMP has made things way better than CCS. Still gave it an 8 anyway.

It was partly her fault for letting the Clow Cards loose. You can blame Kero, too.

lol... This is a interesting point of view...
Sep 26, 2017 7:09 PM

Oct 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
I love it. One of my older sisters showed me it when I was 5. It was then that I knew what anime was.

dude your voice is sexy af legit

OT:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/232/Cardcaptor_Sakura?q=card the anime has over 100,000 user rate
and the manga https://myanimelist.net/manga/106/Cardcaptor_Sakura tho only 19 k is top 120

totally no one has heard of it OT *rofl*
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 26, 2017 7:13 PM

Feb 2010
I don't think I'm ever gonna watch a mahou shoujo series again after I was talked into Heartcatch Precure and I'm finding it very hard to even finish that and it's supposed to be one of the more newcomer friendly mahou shoujo series too.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 26, 2017 8:29 PM

Oct 2014
I love Cardcaptor Sakura. I saw it when I was 18. I'm looking forward to the new one coming out.

IpreferEcchi said:

I also sang the theme song, but I used the original background music and it sounds cringy.

Sep 26, 2017 11:49 PM

Nov 2009
Cardcaptor Sakura was the show that got me hooked on anime. I tried re-watching it on a few occasions, but never finished re-watching it - it's quite long, and my interest in re-watching doesn't last long enough.

Pullman said:
I don't think I'm ever gonna watch a mahou shoujo series again after I was talked into Heartcatch Precure and I'm finding it very hard to even finish that and it's supposed to be one of the more newcomer friendly mahou shoujo series too.

First, CCS doesn't belong to "magical girl warrior" tradition of magical girls that began with Sailor Moon. I think Precure franchise belongs to that tradition, so your experience is likely to be different.
Second, if you like CGDCT anime (especially ones with little girls) you are likely to enjoy CCS because slice-of-life sequences take up a lot of screentime in CCS.
Third, CCS might be too liberal with romantic relationships for some tastes. Especially when it comes to involving elementary school kids with older people. (this might be the reason Sakura is so popular with lolicons) I remember being surprised by same-sex romance as a teenager, but taking different-age relationships in stride. If you have problems with that, you might want to avoid CCS.
Sep 29, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Sep 29, 2017 1:24 PM

Sep 2017
I still remember the story and has all episode in my external disk. Good for nostalgia.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Dec 3, 2021 9:21 PM
Dec 2017
I remember seeing it when i was really little and its one of my all time favorite magical girl series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.