Forum Settings
Forums

Don't add Neo Yokio, it's clearly not Anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2017 5:56 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
The thing is, Furuhashi IS the main director, Nishimoto was the episode director.Totalling 6 episodes.

By your definition, no one in the world of TV series is a director, all of them are episode directors. Considering that the main director almost never directs all episodes considering TV shows contain plenty of episode directors.
Somebody doesn't seem to know the definition of words. Episode directors are directors, just not the main director. Furuhashi wasn't involved in one episode, thus he is not the director of the whole series.
No matter how hard you try to twist the definition, Jones IS not the main director, he's the creative director. Maybe look up what they actually did instead of just opening fucking imdb?
I did open IMDB, and I saw he was the creative director for all six episodes, unlike Furuhashi.
News Flash buddy :

Section I: Anime Additions

1. The following entries are allowed in the anime database:
Professionally produced, animated works created:
in Japan for the Japanese market;
in Korea/China for the Korean/Chinese market;
as a joint production between Japan/Korea/China and another country.
Note: This does not include productions where only the animation is outsourced.

Neo Yokio is a joint production between the US and Japan. It wasn't outsourced to Japan but to Korea for the animation.. The storyboard, the direction and the entire pre-production are made by Japanese,
You can keep on beating this dead and debunked horse all you want, as long as none of the crew that matters is Japanese, Neo Yuckio will not be allowed into the database.
and people big in the anime industry nontheless. Furuhashi is the director of goddamn Rurouni Kenshin.
The bigness or lack thereof of certain people involved in a project is of complete irrelevancy.
Maybe get fucking educated before you put your self on a pedestal.
Maybe you should learn how to argue before you try to argue with me.

You can't form a single cohesive argument.
You only keep repeating that the japanese crew doesn't matter in Neo Yokio but they're the driving force behind the whole project. You KNOW I am right at this point but are too prideful to even admit it, that's why you stopped arguing and use vague shit like this sentence ''Japanese staff that actually matters''.
So storyboarding the entire thing doesn't matter?
Directing the entire thing doesn't matter?
The entire pre-production doesn't matter?
MAL's lack of a ''pre-production producer'' category doesn't matter, not one bit. They have tons of pre-production producers here put simply in the category of ''producer'' without any of the prefixes.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Dec 16, 2017 5:59 AM

Apr 2016
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
The thing is, Furuhashi IS the main director, Nishimoto was the episode director.Totalling 6 episodes.

By your definition, no one in the world of TV series is a director, all of them are episode directors. Considering that the main director almost never directs all episodes considering TV shows contain plenty of episode directors.
Somebody doesn't seem to know the definition of words. Episode directors are directors, just not the main director. Furuhashi wasn't involved in one episode, thus he is not the director of the whole series.
No matter how hard you try to twist the definition, Jones IS not the main director, he's the creative director. Maybe look up what they actually did instead of just opening fucking imdb?
I did open IMDB, and I saw he was the creative director for all six episodes, unlike Furuhashi.
News Flash buddy :

Section I: Anime Additions

1. The following entries are allowed in the anime database:
as a joint production between Japan/Korea/China and another country.
Note: This does not include productions where only the animation is outsourced.

Neo Yokio is a joint production between the US and Japan. It wasn't outsourced to Japan but to Korea for the animation.. The storyboard, the direction and the entire pre-production are made by Japanese,
You can keep on beating this dead and debunked horse all you want, as long as none of the crew that matters is Japanese, Neo Yuckio will not be allowed into the database.
and people big in the anime industry nontheless. Furuhashi is the director of goddamn Rurouni Kenshin.
The bigness or lack thereof of certain people involved in a project is of complete irrelevancy.
Maybe get fucking educated before you put your self on a pedestal.
Maybe you should learn how to argue before you try to argue with me.

He actually gave info this time, you're really just putting yourself on a piedestal and nothing as been debunked.
Your argument so far have only been "no, that's not true" type of arguments.
Also, it's not that hard to do some research. Neo Yokio does fall under the guidelines and it has every right to be on MAL, even more so than the likes of Eon Kid and Oban Star Racers.
And actually, the crew members that matter are the japanese.

I actually agreed with you at the start when because his posts were pretty off, but now that I did some research and it seems he's done some too.
Sigmatic Doc is pretty much right and you're wrong.
Dec 16, 2017 6:02 AM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
You only keep repeating that the japanese crew doesn't matter in Neo Yokio but they're the driving force behind the whole project.
No, they aren't, as none of the producers that matter are Japanese while the producers, the executive producers, the creator, the writers and the target audience all are American.
You KNOW I am right at this point but are too prideful to even admit it,
Why would I admit being wrong when the person who's in the wrong here is you? I can't admit I am wrong if I am right.
that's why you stopped arguing and use vague shit like this sentence ''Japanese staff that actually matters''.
No, as I have already demonstrated with my One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest example, they don't.
xDaril said:
He actually gave info this time, you're really just putting yourself on a piedestal and nothing as been debunked.
Also, it's not that hard to do some research. Neo Yokio does fall under the guidelines and it has every right to be on MAL, even more so than the likes of Eon Kid and Oban Star Racers.

I actually agreed with you at the start when because his posts were pretty off, but now that I did some research and it seems he's done some too.
Did you seriously think I wasn't going to notice the fact that you're using an alt account?
Comic_SansDec 16, 2017 6:05 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 16, 2017 6:07 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
You only keep repeating that the japanese crew doesn't matter in Neo Yokio but they're the driving force behind the whole project.
No, they aren't, as none of the producers that matter are Japanese while the producers, the executive producers, the creator, the writers and the target audience all are American.
Why would I admit being wrong when the person who's in the wrong here is you? I can't admit I am wrong if I am right.
that's why you stopped arguing and use vague shit like this sentence ''Japanese staff that actually matters''.
No, as I have already demonstrated with my One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest example, they don't.
xDaril said:

Did you seriously think I wasn't going to notice the fact that you're using an alt account?

That's my brother fuckface.
Even the admins know it, we spoke to them once they banned us once to make sure and once we told them, they unbanned us.
Oh yea, detective Comic_Sans, with the deductive fuckin prowess.
Dec 16, 2017 6:14 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
xDaril said:

OOOh, but they do matter. Or you completely ignored the sentence that tells you that pre-production producers ARE on the site. Except not labelled as that.

Learn how production works before you even say who's intergral to the whole thing and who isn't.
Writing isn't a valid argument, since Oban and Eon kid are both not written by Japanese (or Korean in Eon Kid's case).

The creator doesn't matter either, as Oban was created by a French guy.

The actual staff working on the production matters.
As I said, the most important producer, the storyboard, the directing. ETC.
It's funny how you mention executive producers only because they sound important to you, but in fact, pre-production producers are much more integral. Executive Producers only handle budget issues and copyright.

The target audience was never stated by the creators, but judging how both countries are the country of origin and that Neo Yokio had a lot of promotion in Japan, it's clear that it was targeted at both audiences.

And yet again... FURUHASHI IS THE MAIN DIRECTOR, Jones is the creative director, do you make the difference? Don't you even know what a creative director is? He's in charge of the overall visuals of the thing, in other words, the production designer. He is NOT the main director. Furuhashi is, and the only reason why Furuhashi has not directed all 6 episodes is because there is 1 episode director.
Maybe some fucking common sense would be helpful to you.
Dec 16, 2017 6:17 AM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
Even the admins know it, we spoke to them once they banned us once to make sure and once we told them, they unbanned us.
Even if it is true (which I don't think it is), what makes you think using an obviously biased third party is going to help your argument? If anything it sets it back five miles.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 16, 2017 6:20 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
Even if it is true (which I don't think it is), what makes you think using an obviously biased third party is going to help your argument? If anything it sets it back five miles.

It doesn't do anything for me, neither positively nor negatively I didn't even ask him to join in the argument. But still, did you read my actual post? I suggest refreshing the page to see what's actually written on it, since I edited it.
Dec 16, 2017 6:24 AM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
OOOh, but they do matter. Or you completely ignored the sentence that tells you that pre-production producers ARE on the site. Except not labelled as that.
No, MAL clearly doesn't think it matters, otherwise Neo Yuckio would've been added a long time ago.
Learn how production works before you even say who's intergral to the whole thing and who isn't.
Writing isn't a valid argument, since Oban and Eon kid are both not written by Japanese (or Korean in Eon Kid's case).

You tried to argue that the Japanese staff was super involved in the Neo Yuckio project, I showed that no, it wasn't.
It's funny how you mention executive producers only because they sound important to you, but in fact, pre-production producers are much more integral. Executive Producers only handle budget issues and copyright.
The only thing that's funny here is how you keep on beating an already dead and debunked horse. Do you want me to bring up One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a seventh time or explain the meaning of the prefix "pre"?
The target audience was never stated by the creators, but judging how both countries are the country of origin and that Neo Yokio had a lot of promotion in Japan, it's clear that it was targeted at both audiences.
No, it isn't, as it's 100 % American try hard meme humor.
And yet again... FURUHASHI IS THE MAIN DIRECTOR, Jones is the creative director, do you make the difference? Don't you even know what a creative director is? He's in charge of the overall visuals of the thing, in other words, the production designer. He is NOT the main director. Furuhashi is, and the only reason why Furuhashi has not directed all 6 episodes is because there is 1 episode director.
Yes... that means that Furuhashi also has to be an episode director, as he didn't direct all of the episodes. Definitions clearly aren't your strongest suit.
Maybe learning how to argue and not using an alt or an obviously biased third party would be helpful to you.
SigmaticDoc said:
It doesn't do anything for me, neither positively nor negatively I didn't even ask him to join in the argument. But still, did you read my actual post? I suggest refreshing the page to see what's actually written on it, since I edited it.
Of course it does, he/your alt took your side because he is your brother/"he" is your alt.
Comic_SansDec 16, 2017 6:29 AM
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 6:25 AM

Apr 2016
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:

I wouldn't consider myself biased, since I have gone against my brother's opinion on arguments he has invited me to come over and give my two cents in.
Now, he didn't ask me to join this one but the facts are displayed right in front of you.
You're just being stubborn at this point.
And it is true, when I initially started reading this whole thing. I was agreeing with you at start, it's just that he did some research (proper research, not looking at imdb kind of research). And it got me intrested too, so I did some research myself. What he says turns out to be true and you're just wrong in this.
I don't see a point to arguing anymore as both parties have nothing to add, youvé already been proven wrong and nothing else will happen besides both of you repeating the same points over and over.
Dec 16, 2017 6:27 AM

Mar 2014
xDaril said:
I wouldn't consider myself biased, since I have gone against my brother's opinion on arguments he has invited me to come over and give my two cents in.
Now, he didn't ask me to join this one but the facts are displayed right in front of you.
And it is true, when I initially started reading this whole thing. I was agreeing with you at start, it's just that he did some research (proper research, not looking at imdb kind of research). And it got me intrested too, so I did some research myself. What he says turns out to be true and you're just wrong in this.
I don't see a point to arguing anymore as both parties have nothing to add, youvé already been proven wrong and nothing else will happen besides both of you repeating the same points over and over.
I don't care about what some alt or biased third party has to say.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 6:29 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
No, MAL clearly doesn't think it matters, otherwise Neo Yuckio would've been added a long time ago.

You tried to argue that the Japanese staff was super involved in the Neo Yuckio project, I showed that no, it wasn't.
The only thing that's funny here is how you keep on beating an already dead and debunked horse. Do you want me to bring up One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a seventh time?
Yes... that means that Furuhashi also has to be an episode director, as he didn't direct all of the episodes. Definitions clearly aren't your strongest suit.
Maybe learning how to argue and not using an alt or an obviously biased third party would be helpful to you.
SigmaticDoc said:
Of course it does, he/your alt took your side because he is your brother/"he" is your alt.

Nor are definitions your strongest suit, are you baiting at this point?
Of course if there is one episode director, he can't direct all 6 episodes.
Anno didn't direct all Evangelion episodes, a good 6-7 of the episodes were not directed by him at all. That would in turn make him an episode director by your definition, no?

You didn't show anything about how the japanese staff wasn't involved in Neo Yokio. You kept repeating that ''they don't matter''. I am the one who actually brought up the arguments and statements of why they actually matter.

At this point I will start thinking of you as bait and will stop replying, you clearly have nothing better to say judging from your last few posts of vaguely repeating yourself with no actual substance.
Dec 16, 2017 6:30 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
xDaril said:
I don't care about what some alt or biased third party has to say.

Ignorance is bliss.
Dec 16, 2017 6:34 AM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
Why would I be baiting? I am always serious except for when I'm not.
Anno didn't direct all Evangelion episodes, a good 6-7 of the episodes were not directed by him at all. That would in turn make him an episode director by your definition, no?
Anno had significantly more involvement in the project than Fukusomething. But no, he is not a director in the same way as e.g. Cary Joji Fukunaga (who directed all episodes of the first season of True Detective).
You didn't show anything about how the japanese staff wasn't involved in Neo Yokio. You kept repeating that ''they don't matter''. I am the one who actually brought up the arguments and statements of why they actually matter.
I have shown multiple times that their involvement wasn't sufficient enough for MAL to consider Neo Yuckio an anime, it's just that you can't stand the truth.
At this point I will start thinking of you as bait and will stop replying, you clearly have nothing better to say judging from your last few posts of vaguely repeating yourself with no actual substance.
Cool story bro
SigmaticDoc said:
Ignorance is bliss.
It's good to see that you're slowly becoming self aware.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 6:34 AM

Apr 2016
SigmaticDoc said:
Comic_Sans said:
The only thing that's funny here is how you keep on beating an already dead and debunked horse. Do you want me to bring up One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a seventh time?

Keep in mind that this is a forum and anyone can join in this convo.
Whether you care or not is irrelevant as I will give my two cents either way.

There is no argument to make anymore, what Sigmatic Doc said about the staff is absolutely correct and it's not even up for debate. You've lost this from every possible side. You've got nothing to grab on to as well.

Also to the guy that sent the Hello Kitty song and said it's J-pop in a mocking manner seems to be uneducated on the matter.
His memes won't do anything besides make him look like total fodder.
Dec 16, 2017 6:36 AM

Mar 2014
xDaril said:

There is no argument to make anymore, what Sigmatic Doc said about the staff is absolutely correct and it's not even up for debate. You've lost this from every possible side. You've got nothing to grab on to as well.

Also to the guy that sent the Hello Kitty song and said it's J-pop in a mocking manner seems to be uneducated on the matter.
Try to change your writing style a little the next time you want to fool me, Alt-chan
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 6:45 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
Why would I be baiting? I am always serious except for when I'm not.
Anno had significantly more involvement in the project than Fukusomething. But no, he is not a director in the same way as e.g. Cary Joji Fukunaga (who directed all episodes of the first season of True Detective).
I have shown multiple times that their involvement wasn't sufficient enough for MAL to consider Neo Yuckio an anime, it's just that you can't stand the truth.
Cool story bro
SigmaticDoc said:
Ignorance is bliss.
It's good to see that you're slowly becoming self aware.

You've never once said why the japanese staff doesn't matter though.
Unless you tell me why, that point of yours is invalid.

Second, Furuhashi falls in the same line of directors as Anno, so he is NOT an episode director.
Since he directed 90% of the show.

In the grand scheme, Anno has directed a smaller % of episodes of NGE than Furuhashi has directed of Neo Yokio. So if you're gonna latch on to that, good luck buddo.

Glad to see you're still in denial.

Dec 16, 2017 6:51 AM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
Ask the people who decided the rules, not me. I am just stating the facts.
Second, Furuhashi falls in the same line of directors as Anno, so he is NOT an episode director.

In the grand scheme, Anno has directed a smaller % of episodes of NGE than Furuhashi has directed of Neo Yokio. So if you're gonna latch on to that, good luck buddo.
I stated in the very post that you just replied to that Anno wasn't a director in the same way as Cary Joji Fukunaga because unlike Fukunaga, he didn't direct all of the episodes in the show, thus placing him in the same category as Furuhashi. Do you have trouble understanding words?
Glad to see that you're still trying to argue with me, despite the fact that you said you weren't going to reply anymore.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 7:11 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
Ask the people who decided the rules, not me. I am just stating the facts.

I stated in the very post that you just replied to that Anno wasn't a director in the same way as Cary Joji Fukunaga because unlike Fukunaga, he didn't direct all of the episodes in the show, thus placing him in the same category as Furuhashi. Do you have trouble understanding words?
Glad to see that you're still trying to argue with me, despite the fact that you said you weren't going to reply anymore.

I understood you just fine, and that doesn't make Anno an episode director, he's still the main director, just the same way Furuhashi is Neo Yokio's main director.

The people who decided the rules?
I've re-read the guidelines just now and Neo Shitio has absolutely right to be on MAL.
And I will make sure it is here, ping the fuck out of the mods, doesn't matter if they feel pestered, they're the db moderators and shouldn't ignore anime like that just because of their initial assumption.

Hell, according to the guidelines (which still haven't changed by the way, nice lying of you in the beginning of the argument when you said that the demographic no longer matters in the guidelines) Space Dandy is LESS deserving to be on this site than Neo Yokio.

Section 1 clearly states the following -
as a joint production between Japan/Korea/China and another country

Space Dandy was NOT made for the Japanese market, it aired first in the US and it was dubbed first.
The same thing with Afro Samurai's official publication. The manga was first released in the west and it's main target audience was America. Yet it's on MAL.

And this concludes the whole argument.
You have nothing else to say and I know it.
I really only replied again just to drain you out of answers completely.
Dec 16, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2016
Comic_Sans said:
xDaril said:

Try to change your writing style a little the next time you want to fool me, Alt-chan

Me not being an alt actually makes you look even worse by assuming this.
Even if I wasn't his brother, I'd still be agreeing with him.
Cause he did research and most of the things he said are backed up by the guidelines too.
Dec 16, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
I understood you just fine, and that doesn't make Anno an episode director, he's still the main director, just the same way Furuhashi is Neo Yokio's main director.
No, because they didn't direct all of the episodes, unlike Fukunaga.
I've re-read the guidelines just now and Neo Shitio has absolutely right to be on MAL.
And I will make sure it is here, ping the fuck out of the mods, doesn't matter if they feel pestered, they're the db moderators and shouldn't ignore anime like that just because of their initial assumption.
You can keep on pestering them all you want. That won't make this dead and debunked horse you keep on beating anything more than a dead and debunked horse.
Hell, according to the guidelines (which still haven't changed by the way, nice lying of you in the beginning of the argument when you said that the demographic no longer matters in the guidelines) Space Dandy is LESS deserving to be on this site than Neo Yokio.

Space Dandy was NOT made for the Japanese market, it aired first in the US and it was dubbed first.
The same thing with Afro Samurai's official publication. The manga was first released in the west and it's main target audience was America. Yet it's on MAL.
Clearly the guidelines have changed, otherwise they wouldn't have struck through the "target audience" paragraph.
What conclusion? I could continue this argument into the next year if you wanted me to. It's not my problem if you don't want to keep this up.
xDaril said:
Cause he did research and most of the things he said are backed up by the guidelines too.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 7:44 AM

Apr 2016
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
No, because they didn't direct all of the episodes, unlike Fukunaga.
You can keep on pestering them all you want. That won't make this dead and debunked horse you keep on beating anything more than a dead and debunked horse.

Clearly the guidelines have changed, otherwise they wouldn't have struck through the "target audience" paragraph.
What conclusion? I could continue this argument into the next year if you wanted me to. It's not my problem if you don't want to keep this up.
xDaril said:

2 profiles, older than an year with more than 300 anime each. Many of the anime are not even the same.
Both have customised the profile page and etc. Totally different favourites and etc.
With a simple click on the profile you'd know that there are no alts here.
And what you'd be continuing is no longer an argument, since Sigmatic Doc is right about the things he said.
Dec 16, 2017 7:52 AM

Mar 2014
xDaril said:
2 profiles, older than an year with more than 300 anime each. Many of the anime are not even the same.
Both have customised the profile page and etc. Totally different favourites and etc.
You mean like AllenVonStein and all of his confirmed alts, whose profiles were even more different than yours?
And what you'd be continuing is no longer an argument, since Sigmatic Doc is right about the things he said.
Until the moment you have managed to prove that you are right, no, you won't be right.
Comic_SansDec 16, 2017 8:00 AM
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 7:55 AM

Feb 2016
xDaril said:
SigmaticDoc said:

Oh no I'm fodder, just wait till my big brother comes around and calls you names, that'll teach you.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=2600#post2645 and you're known to have fake accounts so I can't blame comic-sans for assuming you've got alts. And you'd be twins who are both artists. Which would be an unfortunate truth for the sake of this argument ;]
SnufkinDec 16, 2017 8:15 AM
Dec 16, 2017 8:11 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
xDaril said:
You mean like AllenVonStein and all of his confirmed alts, whose profiles were even more different than yours?
Until the moment you have managed to prove that you are right, no, you won't be right.

Although Allen Von Stein or whatever that guy is probably didn't actually fuckin speak to MAL administrators at the exact same time with his two accounts being both logged in and chatting simultaneously?
Dec 16, 2017 8:21 AM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
Although Allen Von Stein or whatever that guy is probably didn't actually fuckin speak to MAL administrators at the exact same time with his two accounts being both logged in and chatting simultaneously?
Back in the day when I was still playing online games I sometimes used two accounts simultaneously by using different browsers at the same time. So there's no use acting as if it's an impossibility.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 10:00 AM

Feb 2016
avory said:
xDaril said:

Oh no I'm fodder, just wait till my big brother comes around and calls you names, that'll teach you.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=2600#post2645 and you're known to have fake accounts so I can't blame comic-sans for assuming you've got alts. And you'd be twins who are both artists. Which would be an unfortunate truth for the sake of this argument ;]
That and there's 87% affinity and 318 out of a possible 350 anime (xDaril's total anime) shared between the two of you.
The biggest difference in how you scored a show is 3, which only happens about 10-15 times (out of over 300), the rest is all between 2-0 difference.
SnufkinDec 16, 2017 10:08 AM
Dec 16, 2017 12:07 PM

Feb 2015
avory said:
avory said:

That and there's 87% affinity and 318 out of a possible 350 anime (xDaril's total anime) shared between the two of you.
The biggest difference in how you scored a show is 3, which only happens about 10-15 times (out of over 300), the rest is all between 2-0 difference.

We are twins who are both artists, yes. We watched 70% of the anime on our list together growing up and it wasn't until recently that we started watching separately. Hell, we're both in the same art school.
Growing up in the same environment leads to the same interests. Art is not a talent, it's practice. So yeah, the ''so both of you can draw?!'' shit doesn't apply.

@Comic_Sans you used 2 browser at the same time, but did you chat at the exact same time, like only split seconds apart, and form full cohesive sentences simultaneously on both PCs with only like 1 second apart from each other?

You both are going on a pointless deductive game considering the admins KNOW that we are brothers.
Hell, I'd go as far as to post a pic of me and my bro somewhere on forums if your butthole gets that thight about it.

It is completely impossible to chat at the exact same time simultaneously from different PCs, especially in an active chat and not posts on forums. So yeah. lel

I don't think any of you know what having a twin is like. So don't go with the detective game to make yourselves look pathetic.

The fake accounts Daril made were mostly as an inside joke in a discord server we're in where he salted a friend that likes Grand Blue by giving it low scores, so it really doesn't prove anything.
Dec 16, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2016
SigmaticDoc said:
avory said:

We are twins who are both artists, yes. We watched 70% of the anime on our list together growing up and it wasn't until recently that we started watching separately. Hell, we're both in the same art school.
Growing up in the same environment leads to the same interests. Art is not a talent, it's practice. So yeah, the ''so both of you can draw?!'' shit doesn't apply.

@Comic_Sans you used 2 browser at the same time, but did you chat at the exact same time, like only split seconds apart, and form full cohesive sentences simultaneously on both PCs with only like 1 second apart from each other?

You both are going on a pointless deductive game considering the admins KNOW that we are brothers.
Hell, I'd go as far as to post a pic of me and my bro somewhere on forums if your butthole gets that thight about it.

It is completely impossible to chat at the exact same time simultaneously from different PCs, especially in an active chat and not posts on forums. So yeah. lel

I don't think any of you know what having a twin is like. So don't go with the detective game to make yourselves look pathetic.

The fake accounts Daril made were mostly as an inside joke in a discord server we're in where he salted a friend that likes Grand Blue by giving it low scores, so it really doesn't prove anything.
I was just saying it's not wierd for him to assume that you two are alts, and if you are twin brothers (which I'm not saying is true or false) it'd still be easy to log in to his account and post with it since he isn't into forums all that much and probably wouldn't care (16 posts in over a year).

And chatting in two chats at the exact same time to prove I'm different people would be easily achieved by having a friend take one of those accounts and use them while I use the other.
Even posting a pic of your birth certificates would not actually PROOF you weren't using the accounts as alts.

Like I said, an unfortunate truth for the sake of this argument.

I like you better tho Doc, you could take a joke and didn't call me fodder, I honestly don't really care about the whole Neo Yokio/RWBY debate, I just like bad jokes.
Honest 2 cents; people define anime in a bunch of different ways and I'm fine with that, if MAL happens to not define something as anime and not put it on their site for that reason that's fine, if people disagree that's fine too.

Now I don't know too much about this whole mess but when 3 out of 21 names on IMDB sound japanese (excluding animation) I wouldn't call it a very japanese production, Comic says these 3/21 people aren't that major/important, you say these 3/21 are the most important, xDaril agrees with you, and all I've got to say is "the odds are against you.".
SnufkinDec 16, 2017 1:17 PM
Dec 16, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
@SigmaticDoc I was going to type a reply but @Avory more or less said what I wanted to say. Anyway, it doesn't really matter whether or not the other account is an alt or your totally not unbiased brother. What matters is that the American cartoon Neo Yuckio won't ever be allowed into the database, and you're just going to have to deal with it.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
avory said:
SigmaticDoc said:

I was just saying it's not wierd for him to assume that you two are alts, and if you are twin brothers (which I'm not saying is true or false) it'd still be easy to log in to his account and post with it since he isn't into forums all that much and probably wouldn't care (16 posts in over a year).

And chatting in two chats at the exact same time to prove I'm different people would be easily achieved by having a friend take one of those accounts and use them while I use the other.
Even posting a pic of your birth certificates would not actually PROOF you weren't using the accounts as alts.

I like you better tho Doc, you could take a joke and didn't call me fodder, I honestly don't really care about the whole Neo Yokio/RWBY debate, I just like bad jokes.
Honest 2 cents; people define anime in a bunch of different ways and I'm fine with that, if MAL happens to not define something as anime and not put it on their site for that reason that's fine, if people disagree that's fine too.

Now I don't know too much about this whole mess but when 3 out of 21 names on IMDB sound japanese (excluding animation) I wouldn't call it a very japanese production, Comic says these 3/21 people aren't that major/important, you say these 3/21 are the most important, xDaril agrees with you, and all I've got to say is "the odds are against you.".

Not birth certificates, ACTUAL PHOTO OF ME AND MY BROTHER. We are twins so of course it'd be one hell of a coincidence if I got a fucking guy that looks like me randomly, right?

You can't really claim anything, especially since I'm not even trying to sleaze out of it and CAN post a pic of me and my bro for proof that it's me and my bro, hell I will post us next to our 2 laptops if you want to.

Don't stray away from the truth with other scenarios to grasp at straws when you know what I mean.

And to clarify, Comic barely did any research, he didn't even know the different types of producers' roles. He lost this a while ago which is why I stopped replying to him when it comes to the argument.

And what's with this '' 3 out of 21''.

The main staff is small.
2 guys wrote it and they're american, 2 guys directed it and they're japanese, 4 guys produced it, 1 is Japanese but handled the most integral part which is pre-production. Pre-production as I said, is the most integral part of a production and actually focuses on human resources, financing and the rest of that stuff.
Only when production begins, thanks to the pre-production producer, do the other producers come into play, and most of what they do is stuff like making sure the work stays under budget and avoiding legal issues and copyright. Sometimes making the schedules of the actual staff.

Of course the Directors, storyboard and pre-production are the most integral part, the odds are not against me, that's the basics of filmography.
It's a fact that Comic constructed a more cohesive argument at the start, but that's mostly because I didn't expect some weird ass meme to start an argument with me out of nowhere.
But it is also a fact that I am right about the roles of the producers, and in the grand scheme, about their importance to the production. And I pick up my argument properly, which led to comic only vaguely repeating his previous points and saying that the japanese staff ''doesn't matter'' without any explanation whatsoever.
AzurealXDec 16, 2017 1:30 PM
Dec 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
And to clarify, Comic barely did any research, he didn't even know the different types of producers' roles. He lost this a while ago which is why I stopped replying to him when it comes to the argument.
I am not a he and I haven't lost anything as you have yet to demonstrate where and how I am wrong.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 1:29 PM

Feb 2016
SigmaticDoc said:
avory said:

Not birth certificates, ACTUAL PHOTO OF ME AND MY BROTHER. We are twins so of course it'd be one hell of a coincidence if I got a fucking guy that looks like me randomly, right?

You can't really claim anything, especially since I'm not even trying to sleaze out of it and CAN post a pic of me and my bro for proof that it's me and my bro, hell I will post us next to our 2 laptops if you want to.

Don't stray away from the truth with other scenarios to grasp at straws when you know what I mean.

Birth certificates would also proof you are twins tho? And twins don't have to look the same, and I didn't wanna assume you did, so I went with birth certificates.
Dec 16, 2017 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
avory said:
SigmaticDoc said:

Birth certificates would also proof you are twins tho? And twins don't have to look the same, and I didn't wanna assume you did, so I went with birth certificates.

Posting my birth certificates is risky af tho, dunno what someone might do with the information.
Dec 16, 2017 1:36 PM

Feb 2016
Series Directed by
Ben Jones ... (6 episodes, 2017)
Kazuhiro Furuhashi ... (5 episodes, 2017)
Junji Nishimura ... (1 episode, 2017)

Series Writing Credits
Ezra Koenig ... (creator) (6 episodes, 2017)
Nick Weidenfeld ... (2 episodes, 2017)
Alexander Benaim ... (1 episode, 2017)

Series Produced by
Hend Baghdady ... executive producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Matthew Chadwick ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Andrew Chittenden ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)
(again)Ezra Koenig ... executive producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Angela Petrella ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Maki Terashima-Furuta ... pre-production producer (6 episodes, 2017)
(again)Nick Weidenfeld ... executive producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Kris Wood ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Music by
Jesse Novak ... (2 episodes, 2017)
Tobias Edward Higginbottom ... (1 episode, 2017)
Blood Orange ... (1 episode, 2017)
Will Wiesenfeld ... (1 episode, 2017)

Series Film Editing by
Al LeVine ... (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Sound Department
John Nathans ... Assistant Sound Recordist (6 episodes, 2017)
Crystal Place ... producer: post production sound (6 episodes, 2017)
Joseph E. Colmenero ... sound recordist (1 episode, 2017)
Ally Hustings ... adr mixer (uncredited) (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Editorial Department
Jeff Hammer ... assistant editor (6 episodes, 2017)
Scott Ivers ... colorist / on-line editor (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Music Department
Will Wiesenfeld ... composer: one additional cue (1 episode, 2017)

3/21
Dec 16, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2016
SigmaticDoc said:
avory said:

Posting my birth certificates is risky af tho, dunno what someone might do with the information.
I wasn't seriously implying you do that, it was more of a "even this ridiculous thing won't work" thing.
Dec 16, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SigmaticDoc said:
I am not a he and I haven't lost anything as you have yet to demonstrate where and how I am wrong.

You are wrong in almost every aspect.
From the fact that you're trying to argue with me about production when you don't know production to you dropping your argument entirely and repeating that the ''Japanese staff'' doesn't matter without any explanation.

I went in-depth about the types of producers and what they do, and why it's integral to the production. I also mentioned that the main director, who is Japanese and the episode director are also the ones the ones responsible for storyboarding the series.
You tried to tell me Ben Jones is the main director without even knowing what a creative director is, which immediately debunked your whole argument.

You tried to use the writing as an argument, but you completely forgot that the other show you defended was not written by Japanese people either.

It is a clear fact that Neo Yokio is a co-production between Japan and the United States and it deserves every right to be on MAL, both in general and according to the guidelines of MAL whether you like it or not.

I hate the very fact that I'm even replying to you after I've said I won't.
Dec 16, 2017 1:39 PM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
And what's with this '' 3 out of 21''.
So now you're trying to get away with the argument by addressing the other guy instead? Sorry, that shit doesn't work with me.
The main staff is small.
2 guys wrote it and they're american, 2 guys directed it and they're japanese, 4 guys produced it, 1 is Japanese but handled the most integral part which is pre-production. Pre-production as I said, is the most integral part of a production and actually focuses on human resources, financing and the rest of that stuff.
Only when production begins, thanks to the pre-production producer, do the other producers come into play, and most of what they do is stuff like making sure the work stays under budget and avoiding legal issues and copyright. Sometimes making the schedules of the actual staff.
We've already been over this. The pre producer isn't important enough by MAL standards, hence the reason Neo Yuckio hasn't (and will never) be added to the database. The "pre" in "pre production" means "before", as in "before the production starts". Your arbitrary definitions are of complete irrelevancy.
Of course the Directors, storyboard and pre-production are the most integral part, the odds are not against me, that's the basics of filmography.
As I have already demonstrated seven times before with my One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest example, it's the nationality of the important producers that matter. That's why One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is an American movie and not a Czechoslovakian-American movie despite the fact that the director is from the Czech Republic/Czechoslovakia. The odds are very much against you, which is why Neo Yuckio will never be allowed into the database.
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2015
avory said:
Series Directed by
Ben Jones ... (6 episodes, 2017)
Kazuhiro Furuhashi ... (5 episodes, 2017)
Junji Nishimura ... (1 episode, 2017)

Series Writing Credits
Ezra Koenig ... (creator) (6 episodes, 2017)
Nick Weidenfeld ... (2 episodes, 2017)
Alexander Benaim ... (1 episode, 2017)

Series Produced by
Hend Baghdady ... executive producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Matthew Chadwick ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Andrew Chittenden ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)
(again)Ezra Koenig ... executive producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Angela Petrella ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Maki Terashima-Furuta ... pre-production producer (6 episodes, 2017)
(again)Nick Weidenfeld ... executive producer (6 episodes, 2017)
Kris Wood ... producer (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Music by
Jesse Novak ... (2 episodes, 2017)
Tobias Edward Higginbottom ... (1 episode, 2017)
Blood Orange ... (1 episode, 2017)
Will Wiesenfeld ... (1 episode, 2017)

Series Film Editing by
Al LeVine ... (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Sound Department
John Nathans ... Assistant Sound Recordist (6 episodes, 2017)
Crystal Place ... producer: post production sound (6 episodes, 2017)
Joseph E. Colmenero ... sound recordist (1 episode, 2017)
Ally Hustings ... adr mixer (uncredited) (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Editorial Department
Jeff Hammer ... assistant editor (6 episodes, 2017)
Scott Ivers ... colorist / on-line editor (6 episodes, 2017)

Series Music Department
Will Wiesenfeld ... composer: one additional cue (1 episode, 2017)

3/21

Oh, so you're counting the sound department?
Because a good half of those are the sound department.

And as I said, Furuhashi is the main director and one of the only 2 people behind the storyboard, both of which are japanese.

Jones is the creative director (product designer), he isn't involved in the content of the episodes, only for the overall visuals.

And as I said, the only japanese producer is the Pre-Production producer, the main piece.
Getting the whole thing together, human resources, assigning each producer for a different job, making sure the script is completed before heading into full production, etc.
90% of the work is done in pre-production.
Then the rest is the outsourced animator's job, with the help of the directors.
The rest's work gets separated in chunks and they're mostly responsible for financing and making sure it stays underbudget, or making the staff's schedule.

So yeah, these 3 people are much more integral than the vast majority of the rest.
Considering from those people, 9 of them are only responsible for the music.
And the rest of the producers play lesser role than pre-production producer combined.
Dec 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Oct 2007
Thank you for this absolutely stellar example of why this dumbass show shouldn't be allowed in the database.
Dec 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
SigmaticDoc said:
You are wrong in almost every aspect.
From the fact that you're trying to argue with me about production when you don't know production to you dropping your argument entirely and repeating that the ''Japanese staff'' doesn't matter without any explanation.
I have already explained why the pre producer is irrelevant and demonstrated how the nationality of the director and the animators really aren't all that important. You just refuse to admit it.
I went in-depth about the types of producers and what they do, and why it's integral to the production.
I also explained the meaning of the prefix "pre" to you and why it's important to understand the meaning of it. "Pre production" means "before the production", not "during the production".
I also mentioned that the main director, who is Japanese and the episode director are also the ones the ones responsible for storyboarding the series.
I have already demonstrated that the nationality of the director isn't that relevant, so that was of complete irrelevancy.
You tried to tell me Ben Jones is the main director without even knowing what a creative director is, which immediately debunked your whole argument.
I know what a creative director is, and I also know that Ben Jones directed more episodes than any of those Japanese guys.
You tried to use the writing as an argument, but you completely forgot that the other show you defended was not written by Japanese people either.
Yes, when I explained to you that the other show had more Japanese staff in more departments. Don't see what's so hard to understand.
It is a clear fact that Neo Yokio is a co-production between Japan and the United States and it deserves every right to be on MAL, both in general and according to the guidelines of MAL whether you like it or not.
No, what is a clear fact is that you're trying to put an American cartoon whose important producers are American, whose creator is American, whose writers are American and whose target audience is American (as it was originally intended to run as part of Fox's Animation Domination High-Def late night block), solemnly because of the fact that you think your arbitrary definitions are what matter.
I hate the very fact that I'm even replying to you after I've said I won't.
You must be suffering
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2017 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
Thread derailed
Neo Yokio is not in the database at the moment, so this should not be an issue, and this thread has run its course with the derailment. Locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8688 by Kai_JackBox »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

682 by eblf2013 »»
5 hours ago

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.