Forum Settings
Forums

Does spoilers affect how you enjoy the show?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2017 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
Yup it does, it ruins the surprize for the moment, so I don't enjoy the moment before the spoiler and during it.
Sep 6, 2017 6:48 AM

Jan 2016
Of course yes. cause when some like unexpected scene or surprising scene we know it from spoilers. We don't get the 'feel', cause we know it will happens.
Sep 6, 2017 6:54 AM

Jun 2013
I have mixed feelings on spoilers. When something is spoiled, I usually look forward to see how it will happen, and if that is weakly done compared to the excitement it might have brought were I not spoiled, then a spoiler ruined that excitement for me. However, I have more than once kept watching an anime because I was spoiled just right, giving me an incentive to keep watching to see that spoiler to its fruition.

So all in all, it depends on what kind of spoiler and what kind of show we're talking about.
Sep 6, 2017 6:59 AM

Jun 2013
I think it definitely cheats you out of the payoff. They can also linger in your mind and distract you throughout the series, making you ask questions like "Oh, is this where x dies?"

Akin to a silenced gun, the shot is still fired but with less of a bang.
Sep 6, 2017 7:15 AM

Jun 2014
I don't really mind spoilers, but I don't actively look for them either. Occasionally, I'll come across one by accident, and as long as it isn't a huge spoiler to a series I really love, I don't mind.
Sep 10, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2015
Samune said:
I think it definitely cheats you out of the payoff. They can also linger in your mind and distract you throughout the series, making you ask questions like "Oh, is this where x dies?"

Akin to a silenced gun, the shot is still fired but with less of a bang.

If you're busy asking yourself when someone will day, it might mean that whatever else that's going on in the anime isn't very interesting.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you guys pretend to hate anime? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Yesterday

56 by APolygons2 »»
16 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …?

Yonahim_Zz - 2 hours ago

15 by Yonahim_Zz »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - 5 hours ago

11 by ST63LTH »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Current MAL Top Favorited Anime

LittleStar - May 4

33 by Karinara »»
34 minutes ago

» Anime sequels that fell off

ST63LTH - Yesterday

24 by Xenofight »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.