Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2017 11:17 AM

Mar 2012
Recently finished reading Kimi no suizou wo tabetai and I'm looking for some more short manga with a sad story/tragic ending.

Preferences:
  • Something platonic or with no to bare minimum romance
  • Tragedy need not involve death of a character, something like memory loss, going crazy due to some trauma, etc. would be fine too.
  • No love triangles
  • The more realistic the setting the better
  • I don't want to see an ending where the MC moves on to another person and marries them or something.

Extra: Not all that important but would be helpful if it has furigana.

Don't recommend anything other than manga, not looking for chinese or korean comics.
Sep 1, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
what do you call short exactly ?
Sep 1, 2017 11:28 AM

Mar 2012
shiranui51 said:
what do you call short exactly ?
Sorry, forgot to mention, maybe around 1 or 2 volumes, max to max maybe 5 volumes.
Sep 1, 2017 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is pretty short and has a sad ending.

forum set by: bunnyama
Sep 1, 2017 2:10 PM

Jul 2014
Rainbow said:

^ THIS. This had me depressed for like a week.
I would also suggest reading the oneshot Toumei na Sekai (A Transparent World). It doesn't have an entry on here, but it's pretty sad.
Another one you could check out is Annarasumanara.
Sep 1, 2017 2:38 PM

Dec 2015
Watching TV all the time makes you stupid !

@Maou_heika Hope you like it then. ^^

Kare no Satsujin Keikaku. (by Naru taru's author, you might want to check it by the way)
Rei_IIISep 2, 2017 4:34 AM
Sep 2, 2017 3:34 AM

Mar 2012
Rainbow said:
This one seems interesting, thanks :)
BlameSaiki said:
I would also suggest reading the oneshot Toumei na Sekai (A Transparent World). It doesn't have an entry on here, but it's pretty sad.
Another one you could check out is Annarasumanara.
I've read toumei na seikai, it's the one shot included in one of the volumes of Kaichou wa Maid-sama right? As for the other one, I can't read Korean and I don't want to turn to any fan-translations, that's why I mentioned I only want manga in the OP.
Sep 2, 2017 5:39 AM

Mar 2012
siktirgit said:
Maou_heika said:
all the others involve, boyfriend, sex, prostitute or something similar all of which I'd rather avoid so no thanks.

You should have stated that in your op if you are going to be that picky.
Read the first point in preferences. A person who is not looking for anything heavy on romance is obviously not looking for series which involve prostitutes or sex.
Maou_heikaSep 2, 2017 5:42 AM
Sep 2, 2017 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
siktirgit said:
Maou_heika said:
Read the first point in preferences. A person who is not looking for anything heavy on romance is obviously not looking for series which involve prostitutes or sex.

Yeah because romance equals to prostitutes and sex, your perception never ceases to amaze me, keep it up girl.
You don't seem to get the point here, I'm saying that those things are worse than romance, if I'm saying that I don't want romance which may involve those things then I obviously don't want to see such content in general.
Sep 2, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2014
Maou_heika said:
I can't read Korean and I don't want to turn to any fan-translations, that's why I mentioned I only want manga in the OP.

There's quite a bit of manga out there that hasn't been officially released in English, so those are fan-translations, too...
Sep 3, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2012
BlameSaiki said:
Maou_heika said:
I can't read Korean and I don't want to turn to any fan-translations, that's why I mentioned I only want manga in the OP.

There's quite a bit of manga out there that hasn't been officially released in English, so those are fan-translations, too...
Well yes, can't deny that I used to read from fan-translation up till about a year ago, but now I either read it raw or don't read it at all if fan-translation is my only option. Just don't want to go to fan-translators ever again ^^;

dryrose said:
Anything by Asano, Inio. Nijigahara Holograph is short (14 chapters) and tragic
Thanks, will try it out :)
Sep 22, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2015
I recommend one of my favorite manga Inochi.
Inochi have 5 volume and 20 chapters, I hope that is not too long.

More topics from this board

» Best horror anime?

Matteye - 10 hours ago

4 by H_Castaigne »»
44 minutes ago

» Stylish detective and crime anime

RobertBobert - Yesterday

5 by JoeChip »»
59 minutes ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

15 by JoeChip »»
1 hour ago

» Lolicon Hentai anime recommendations

HentaiHasFallen - Jun 13, 2014

6 by Luminoir69 »»
4 hours ago

» ใ€Œ ๐œ—โ„˜ ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ž/๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ—โ„˜ ใ€(โ€โ› ึŠ โ›โ€ž)โ™ก

RabbitS- - Apr 10

21 by selinayess000 »»
4 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.