Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2017 7:01 PM
Jul 2017
So, the other day I thinking about the film "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and was wondering if a similar concept of combining live action and anime could work. Is there anyone else who has thought about this?

Also, I'd be curious to know if anyone has any ideas for a show concept that might actually work with a live action/anime mix. It doesn't have to necessarily be flat 2D animation, it could be something along the lines of Hatsune Miku.
Aug 28, 2017 8:28 PM

Nov 2016
It's not really the main focus (and I'm not even sure if it counts), but there are certain scenes in Kizumonogatari that feature 2D characters in photorealistic CG backgrounds
Aug 28, 2017 8:33 PM

Oct 2015
ssimon4991 said:
So, the other day I thinking about the film "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and was wondering if a similar concept of combining live action and anime could work. Is there anyone else who has thought about this?

Also, I'd be curious to know if anyone has any ideas for a show concept that might actually work with a live action/anime mix. It doesn't have to necessarily be flat 2D animation, it could be something along the lines of Hatsune Miku.

you'll get this

in all seriousness, shaft animes have quite a few live action moments in them
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 28, 2017 8:44 PM

Mar 2017
You get one of the best cartoon anime animated story ever. Obviously.

You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Aug 28, 2017 8:54 PM

Jan 2015
Something like kuchuu bunrako i guess

la critique de l'intention pure
Aug 29, 2017 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
The closest I can think of is that there was a couple of live-action clips in End of Evangelion. Other than that, none in the way you're suggesting.

I did have an idea for a live-action/anime movie a while ago. It had a similar concept as something like Monkeybone or what Cool World originally was, where it's about an animator or mangaka who, unhappy with his current life, wants to live out his ideal high school fantasy, and gets trapped in his own anime world, where he wrote himself as the main protagonist with his own harem of cute anime girls. Everything seemed to be going just as he dreamed, but then he begins to get "burnt out" and bored with the world, and tries to leave, which does not bode well with his harem and they quickly turn on him. Eventually, he breaks out and returns to his normal life, but the anime girls follow him out, and start causing havoc and mischief in the real world. It would be a dark, satirical comedy with some horror elements.
Aug 30, 2017 3:44 AM

Jan 2016
I would prefer animes made to a Live action Movie as Ghost in the shell
Aug 30, 2017 10:12 AM

Oct 2015
Lucky Star - not so much mixing it into the same picture, but like you get 2-D character Kogami Akira singing a song, the show then ends with the song not being fully sung, so for ED you get the live-action voice-actress - in full gear - ending the song. (episode 16)

Quite some of Lucky Star's EDs are live-action footage (2nd half of the show). Mostly it is Shiraishi Minoru's voice-actor doing songs and performances.
---------------

and yes, Kuuchuu Buranko mixes two live-action characters into the picture sometimes.
Hence the "sexiest nurse in anime ever".
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Aug 30, 2017 10:31 AM

Feb 2013
something like Twilight of the Cockroaches maybe? i havent seen it

also the Hi no Tori Reimei-hen movie, that one i watched but its kinda shitty
Aug 30, 2017 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
Inferno Cop uses photographs as backdrops while having "animated" characters. Double J has something similar. There are also some good anime that use IRL pictures, but I think most of them that do use them because it's cheaper than paying someone to draw.
Aug 30, 2017 11:11 AM

May 2009
Suddenly I am curious to see an anime version of Mary Poppins.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 30, 2017 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
Basically, you're asking for one of the shittiest existence to ever exist in this planet?

Good job OP!

More topics from this board

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - 10 hours ago

32 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» why is myanimelist aka mal not popular in china?

deg - 11 hours ago

21 by traed »»
12 minutes ago

» What is your first anime and when did you start it? ( 1 2 3 )

Pinoffin - Mar 26

108 by BatoKusanagi »»
24 minutes ago

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 48 minutes ago

3 by Rhae »»
25 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

99 by Otakupervert890 »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.