Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 2017 2:39 AM
Sep 2016
RealCW said:
Danielle said:
A-1 doesn't really tend to have consistent staff so who knows, but I'm kinda worried since Day Breakers wasn't great and their P4G anime was just awful. I REALLY hope they don't attempt to squeeze P5 into 12 episodes.

To be fair Persona has never had a good anime adaption, so I'm going into this expecting nothing.

I really don't even see the desire to see so many become anime, actually.

Video game stories done well really ONLY work as video games. And fans can always replay them, so what's the desire to see it butchered?

It's a novelty at best. Even the BEST adaptation it could get would still "not be as good as the game".

Most game adaptations are shit, which is why I was pleasantly surprised when Tales Of Zesteria actually turned out pretty well. It was beautifully directed and the animations were on Garden of Sinners level amazing. Ufotable doing P5 might actually work, considering their level of attention to detail and story.
Aug 14, 2017 10:08 PM

Mar 2015
So much flak for a show we haven't even seen ANYTHING about yet!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 15, 2017 3:15 PM

Mar 2016
chekrdnickrs said:
So much flak for a show we haven't even seen ANYTHING about yet!

"A-1" usually does that. Especially when it's a hot franchise.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Aug 15, 2017 7:20 PM

Sep 2014
It'll likely suck. I haven't seen Persona Trinity Soul so I can't say anything about it, but A1 Pictures has done a lot of Persona anime from the Persona 3 movies, the Persona 5 OVA, and Persona 4: The Golden Animation. Discounting the series I didn't see out of all those production the best A1 Pictures did was Persona 3 The Movie: #3 Falling Down which was just above average, and even than it issues were glaring. Everything else was awful. It has a chance if Tomohisa Taguchi who directed the 2nd, and 4rth Persona 3 movies, and Persona 4: The Golden Animated stays away from it because that 4th Persona 3 movie was easily the worse followed the 2nd movie he also directed. Other than that the list of good video game adaptation is very low.
Aug 16, 2017 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
I am terrified about the anime adaptation in all honesty. I hope they will make two seasons and both being 2 core which I doubt in all honesty. I know for a fact it will be entertaining or it will be very jarring T.T Just can't wait for Makoto and Futaba to be animated.

P.S: Still confused why Production I.G. has no role with the anime yet it is responsible with the cut scenes in the video game. At least it is better than J.C Staff or SilverLink lmao
Aug 17, 2017 4:18 PM

Mar 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
At least it is better than J.C Staff or SilverLink lmao

Two top notch companies get this reaction from you?
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Aug 18, 2017 12:06 AM

Apr 2015
RealCW said:
Mohammadalmannai said:
At least it is better than J.C Staff or SilverLink lmao

Silver Link mostly (in my opinion) makes crappy anime exception to Baka and Test and Kokoro Connect. On the other hand, J.C staff isn't bad, it usually rushes when adapting. No hate on J.C, it is probably the same case with A1 picture tho.
Aug 19, 2017 11:28 AM

Mar 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
RealCW said:

Silver Link mostly (in my opinion) makes crappy anime exception to Baka and Test and Kokoro Connect. On the other hand, J.C staff isn't bad, it usually rushes when adapting. No hate on J.C, it is probably the same case with A1 picture tho.

I still think Silver Link puts a lot more care into their properties than with A-1.

To me, that's one of the biggest signs of an anime's quality, whether the people behind them actually cared about them, regardless of budget. That kind of effort always shows.

I do not believe A-1 cares about anything but rushing out hot properties. They aren't invested in making it good at all. This anime is doomed. I'd rather see it in CG but adapted right than with A-1.

Aug 19, 2017 11:52 AM

Aug 2017
It's going to suck. Why even bother watching? The game is good enough. If it's going to be animated then have madhouse do it.

Aug 31, 2017 12:28 PM
Mar 2017
TBH,if it's just half as good as the Day Breakers,it's gonna rock.
Sep 13, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2014
MartyBruceViet said:
I mean ... here is the thing with adaptation from a game into an anime. You have to consider the anime as a standalone show for new and old comers alike. Persona in general is much more experienced with playing it rather than watching it. For fk sake you spend like 60 hours on P4G and around 100 P5 depending on difficulty while you get a dumped version adaptation expecting only persona fans/players to watch it. As i said... if you really want a nice persona adaptation, just play the goddamn game, but i know some people don't have the cash therefore newcomers are watching the anime to know "everything" about persona plot. The P4 Animation was a decent adaptation, but the part with Nanako being the detective was NOT IN THE GAME (it's completely made up) and its generally leaving out the "Social Bonds" between the protag and the people around him and you ARE NOT the protag as compared to the actual game (which is not a big deal for me, but i do know some people who like it to keep it in game's fashion). This problem will leave newcomers tend to forget about the characters in the series due to bland and rushed character development compared to the game and to the persona universe in general. Therefore what i am really worried about is the A1P better sense in directions to the story and character progression/bonds rather than the animation itself and hope they DO NOT make crap out like put the protag/hero to end up WITH someone(srsly kill me if that happens). Its hard to keep an anime to be true to its original content: ESPECIALLY P5, therefore i highly suggest you guys to rather play it than watch it because i guarantee you, even if the anime is a masterpiece it will never beat the game's atmosphere and originality! I will be watching the "P5 Animation" and hoping for a great adaptation considering with all the original voice actors playing their roles, but i might be as well just play the game in my 5th play through.

Well I am currently playing the game (I am at Nijima's palace with 3 completed arcanas including 1 romance).

And after seeing p4. I know for certain that there won't be a romance in the adaptation.

And in order for the anime to work, it needs at least like 3 seasons.

You think that p5 has a good story?
Sep 14, 2017 4:55 PM
Aug 2013
A-1 pictures is good and not that bad . . . :D
Blaming that studio here is also useless . . . :)
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Sep 16, 2017 5:02 AM

Jul 2012
With as many concerns for it to fail as it can be completely forgot that Satou Rina will take the leading role (for me =/). Was so happy to hear her voice as Makoto and that made me a little bit hyped.
Sep 24, 2017 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
ShinnYukiko said:

Yh plus adapting a Video game is quite harder than all the others to.

Plus Persona 4 was pretty funny at least, so we can at least expect that P5 will be funny to.
Sep 25, 2017 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
Bourmegar said:
ShinnYukiko said:

Plus Persona 4 was pretty funny at least, so we can at least expect that P5 will be funny to.

The thing is A-1 Pictures cares a lot about money over quality.

Plus, if they at least do not screw up the Confidants then it will be decent at least.
Sep 25, 2017 11:08 AM

Oct 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:
Bourmegar said:

Plus, if they at least do not screw up the Confidants then it will be decent at least.

That means that has to do like 17 confidants... so if it will be 25 eps then it will be rashed just like Persona 4..............
Sep 25, 2017 11:11 AM

Apr 2015

Plus, if they at least do not screw up the Confidants then it will be decent at least. [/quote]
That means that has to do like 17 confidants... so if it will be 25 eps then it will be rashed just like Persona 4..............[/quote]

At least the main and some side routes eg Hifumi and ignoring the guy running for prime minister. In the end it is gonna be rushed just not as bad as Golden. I am too embarrassed to even put it in my database I am ashamed lol.
Sep 25, 2017 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:

That means that has to do like 17 confidants... so if it will be 25 eps then it will be rashed just like Persona 4..............[/quote]

At least the main and some side routes eg Hifumi and ignoring the guy running for prime minister. In the end it is gonna be rushed just not as bad as Golden. I am too embarrassed to even put it in my database I am ashamed lol.[/quote]
Persona 4 Gold was such a mess that I stopped watching it, I mean seriouslt the pacing there was all over the place!
Oct 7, 2017 6:40 PM
Apr 2016
I just hope a scene, where the mc gonna want go outside and morgana is going to said nope just like in the fucking game
Oct 13, 2017 12:42 PM
Jan 2017
Well A1 didnt so the original P4 anime. They only did P4G
Nov 20, 2017 9:57 PM

Jul 2015
A-1, huh? Yeah, it's DoA
Dec 10, 2017 9:28 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
We gonna get more details about the anime december 24, we might know then if they keep the same staff as the day breaker special and when it will air

http://moetron.news/post/168385484980/new-details-regarding-persona-5-the-animation
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 18, 2017 8:43 AM

May 2017
A1 can make good anime.

Your Lie, Erased, From the New World, etc.

So yeah I think it's in good hands.

At the very least it's going to be visually pleasing...
Dec 20, 2017 4:33 AM
Nov 2017
I've already got everything I need story wise from the game, I'm hoping if it get's a dub they use most of the game cast since it was pretty good compared to other dubs.

I won't really mind if all it does is look nice, though I would love it to be more, as I'm desperate for any new P5 content at this point. Also I need a way to get my non-gamer friends into it somehow.
Go watch March comes in like a lion. It made me cry a lot.

Dec 26, 2017 3:47 PM
Jan 2014
Eh. It all really depends on the people who will be working on it. Don't focus on just the studio itself.
Dec 27, 2017 12:55 PM
Oct 2013
They may have done some pretty bad shows but they don't usually have that bad of animation it may not turn out that bad.
Jan 3, 2018 3:38 AM

Aug 2015
PenX said:
Eh. It all really depends on the people who will be working on it. Don't focus on just the studio itself.

That's true, but usually the studio will go to people they've worked with before, and as far as I've seen from A1 previous releases, i see it as that they aim to make their anime to appeal to the masses, so u can kind of imagine what direction and where the anime will go after it starts airing. Appealing to the masses could lead to something entertaining, but they're restricted to do certain things by boundaries, but those certain things could lead to making the anime better. Though in the end I'm not keeping my expectations high so i can at least try to enjoy the anime since i loved the game
Feb 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
It doesn't really matter which studio is responsible for the anime adaptation, since it will be inferior either way.

And in case of Persona 3, the main problem was, that they decided to cram the story into a few movies.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 13, 2018 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
I still can't believe people only look at the studios that do anime rather than the staff behind it. You know, the people that actually matter rather than just who's doing the animation.
Mar 14, 2018 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
I still can't believe people only look at the studios that do anime rather than the staff behind it. You know, the people that actually matter rather than just who's doing the animation.

Have you seen Persona 4 Golden the animation? Lmao it is a joke.
Mar 14, 2018 9:18 AM

Apr 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:
Hongu said:

Thank you for proving my point. The staff on Persona 4 Golden are completely different than the people working on this. The director, script writer, series composition, etc., they're all different.
The animation studio has very little to do with the quality of the anime itself, only the animation.
Mar 14, 2018 10:05 AM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Thank you for proving my point. The staff on Persona 4 Golden are completely different than the people working on this. The director, script writer, series composition, etc., they're all different.
The animation studio has very little to do with the quality of the anime itself, only the animation.

To be fair, a lot of the people here mostly complained about it before the anime announced the staff, it calmed down after the staff was announced and it seems to be pretty good.

Other than that, studios are also important because studios with big names such as Madhouse, Kyoto, Bones can hire better staff to work on anime in comparison to Diomedea, Xebec and Silver Link are most likely to hire weaker staff.

A1 is a hit or miss, it either has good or bad staff that are on board, no inbetweens.
Mar 14, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2016
I know it's going to make many fans mad, but I want them to pick a girl (any girl from the main party) and stick to that route. One of the greatness of P5 was to choose a waifu. Without that, I feel that something's missing!

Mar 15, 2018 10:56 AM

Feb 2018
The problem of A1-Pictures wasn't art/animation. But direction or storyboard especially adaptation from original source.

From the latest PV. I still have hope with art/animation and OST because Shoji Meguro maybe will compose OST of this anime (OST on PV has similar theme and beat with OST from game)

But, the problem is, Adaptation from game i think more difficult than adaption from Manga or Light Novel because game like Persona 5 has more freedom story pace and routes.
1. Will we have 13 episodes? 26? 52? for 100 hours game like Persona 5. If A1 rushed a gameplay or cutscenes from game especially important moments with wrong direction. this anime will be down
2. Character screentime. we have alot person with "important relationship" (for no spoiler). How long their screen time? Who will be with protag? Because every gamers have different direction so this case will be make this anime down if A1 choose wrong direction.
3. Gameplay adaption storyboard. honestly i don't truly enjoy Persona battle at P4A or P4GA. Maybe it's just my opinion. But i hope A1 Pictures can make good direction for Turn-based battel to anime battle.

FYi, Director of this anime is same with Direction of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased). I didn't watch Erased but from i hear, Ending of Erased was not good from original source fans perspective. But, we will see
Mar 15, 2018 11:06 AM

Jul 2017
A-1 pictures is never the problem, they make good anime if there is budget.
But to make a 100 hours game into 9 hours anime, no matter who is making the anime, a lot of contents and appeals would be sacrificed and compromised, so don't expect it to be as good as the game.
Pretend the game never exist when watching it.
Mar 15, 2018 4:49 PM

Jul 2016
Obviously, they are going to have to sacrifice confidant to some extend. I don't expect them to dwell too much with the fortune telling girl, the boy at the arcade and such.

Confidant (outside of main characters from your party) that may see a lot more development:
-Naturally, coffee dad...
-Igor
-Journalist (just enough for Palace 2-3, then she can go away)
-Twin lolis because...
-Phan-site boy (actually, they can cut him...)
-The prosecutor
-The teacher (but I doubt that they will dwell in her... "hobby")

I know I will hurt some feelings, but the other confidants' aren't necessary to the story.

Mar 24, 2018 12:47 PM

Aug 2015
FrozenSheep said:
Obviously, they are going to have to sacrifice confidant to some extend. I don't expect them to dwell too much with the fortune telling girl, the boy at the arcade and such.

Confidant (outside of main characters from your party) that may see a lot more development:
-Naturally, coffee dad...
-Igor
-Journalist (just enough for Palace 2-3, then she can go away)
-Twin lolis because...
-Phan-site boy (actually, they can cut him...)
-The prosecutor
-The teacher (but I doubt that they will dwell in her... "hobby")

I know I will hurt some feelings, but the other confidants' aren't necessary to the story.

I think they're better off not adding any unnecessary confidants, since adding too many is obviously not realistic and will just crowd up the time, leaving each of them to be very shallow characters, or even SAO syndrome. I'd say the best solution is just giving unnecessary confidants a few seconds of backdrop screentime, without any voicing to satisfy fans of the game.
Mar 24, 2018 10:06 PM
Mar 24, 2018 10:13 PM

Oct 2015
They better make Ann right or I'll steal their hearts.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Mar 25, 2018 3:41 AM

Apr 2015
The op is very catchy.

I like the Rise Kujikawa reference in the PV
Mar 25, 2018 4:08 AM

Jan 2010
Any news about episode number?
Mar 27, 2018 5:38 AM
Jan 2018
As long they do Kamoshida character justice I dont really care what they do.
Apr 6, 2018 7:35 PM

Feb 2018
Unmasked89 said:
Any news about episode number?

Persona 4 will have 24 episodes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.