Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2017 11:57 AM
Apr 2013
She could use her matter manipulation to imitate a lot of people's abilities. Or she could make actual handguns and military grade weapons, poison grenades, biochoemical weapons.

She's dangerous as hell if she wants to be.
Jul 29, 2017 12:11 PM
Jul 2012
One thing about those weapons you named are they are extremely deadly and would likely kill which isn't what a hero would want to do.
Jul 29, 2017 12:58 PM

Jan 2012
Lol if she was a villian the show would just end.
Jul 29, 2017 1:05 PM

Sep 2013
She would be too overpowered if she used it correctly so it's nerfed on purpose.
Jul 29, 2017 1:21 PM

Oct 2015
Which is why Horikoshi said he decided to give this crazy ability to a novice rather than an experienced Hero or Villain. Also, bear in mind this series is called My HERO Academia, not My Villain Academia. She's not exactly studying to kill.
Jul 29, 2017 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
she's a hero not a killer.
Jul 29, 2017 1:40 PM
Sep 2016
Absolutely the key word here is 'student' she has potential to be absolute op but is still in learning this is something that the mangaka kohei horikoshi mentions, basically what he said was that he wanted a super powerful quirk at the hands of someone inexperienced who can improve and learn aka momo.

Another clear example of why she is not as strong is the sheer amount of options she has which again for someone who is not clear and confident in themselves will have trouble dealing with in a battle situation which happens to her against tokoyami at end I would just say wait for the season to end you will like it.
Jul 29, 2017 4:11 PM
Apr 2013
She's not as powerful as Firestorm, but if she could create grenades out of her body, this means she could create energy and electrical storage from her body.

Then she just need to learn to instantly equip a hazmat suit like a transformation type of move, and she's all set.

1st she produces a can of weaponized gas
then she creates dispersal tools like fans or sprays
then she instantly equips hazmat suit so she won't get caught up in the blast

and she's all set.
Jul 29, 2017 4:23 PM
Jan 2015
We can't forget that she got into the school based on recommendations alone(same as Todoroki), so she is highly skilled and valued., but unfortunately she's dealing with some confidence issues right now after her performance at the festival. The next arc will help her over come this and we'll get a glimpse of her real value as hero.
My Queens

Jul 29, 2017 4:27 PM

Jan 2009
she can only create mechanical things at most since her quirk requires her to know technical details and every blueprint of how something works/created before she can able to create it, so she needs a lot of time to prepare in order to create something complex and that maybe is the reason why she cannot create life or biological things

but who cares she is still best girl in this show lol she looks like Mai Shiranui so instant win
Jul 29, 2017 11:31 PM
Oct 2014
Horikoshi himself said that he initially wanted to give this kind of power to pro hero, but he thought that this kind of power would be more interesting in the hand of a beginner, so yeah probably there's a lot more to come for Momo

I believe each classmate will get some mini arc for their own to grow as a hero, so far we got Todoroko and Iida
Jul 30, 2017 12:17 AM
Apr 2013
j0x said:
she can only create mechanical things at most since her quirk requires her to know technical details and every blueprint of how something works/created before she can able to create it, so she needs a lot of time to prepare in order to create something complex and that maybe is the reason why she cannot create life or biological things

She knows enough about the chemical composition of flash grenade, surely she can handle other chemicals as well. If she can't create complex gases, at least she could throw white phosphorus at people.
Jul 30, 2017 1:33 AM

Jan 2009
Deathsaurus said:
j0x said:

She knows enough about the chemical composition of flash grenade, surely she can handle other chemicals as well. If she can't create complex gases, at least she could throw white phosphorus at people.

maybe she does not know what white phosphorus is? remember her quirk requires her to be fully knowledgeable of something before she creates it, its not like she is a living encyclopedia (at least not yet)
Aug 18, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2010
That's why I think Momo is best girl (aside his appearance and personality)

I picture her as a very formidable hero in the future.
Jul 16, 2021 8:51 AM
May 2019
All the characters of MHA should have their quirks listed in their biography. This is one time MAL dropped the ball.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jul 28, 2021 12:28 PM
May 2019
deg said:
Deathsaurus said:

maybe she does not know what white phosphorus is? remember her quirk requires her to be fully knowledgeable of something before she creates it, its not like she is a living encyclopedia (at least not yet)

I know, I'm double posting.

I find it a bit unnerving that in the first two seasons she just transmuted her lipids to whatever she imagines. This was fine in the beginning when she was making simple items (spears, tarps, Petrushka dolls with flash grenades). Then in season 3, she created a GPS trackers. This means she would have to know about creating electronic components (surface mounts), soldering, circuit boards, including copper/silver board tracings, LED screens and even the knowledge of integrated chips and the GPS frequency to read. She would also need to know how to program the IC. I find it difficult to learn that in such a very short time. Somehow the author just assumed that something that is small it's simple. Even as mech. engineer with some electrical engineering, that even difficult for me. This is definitely a reach at this time.
sbyrstall2Jul 29, 2021 10:49 AM
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jul 28, 2021 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
sbyrstall2 said:
deg said:

I find it a bit unnerving that in the first two seasons she just transmuted her lipids to whatever she imagines. This was fine in the beginning when she was making simple items (spears, tarps, Petrushka dolls with flash grenades). Then in season 3, she created a GPS trackers. This means she would have to know about creating electronic components (surface mounts), soldering, circuit boards, including copper/silver board tracings, LED screens and even the knowledge of integrated chips and the GPS frequency to read. She would also need to know how to program the IC. I find it difficult to learn that in such a very short time. Somehow the author just assumed that something that's small is simple. Even as mech. engineer with some electrical engineering, that even difficult for me. This is definitely a reach at this time.

all i can say is that just activate thy suspension of disbelief in this case lol
Jul 29, 2021 10:38 AM
May 2019
deg said:
sbyrstall2 said:

I find it a bit unnerving that in the first two seasons she just transmuted her lipids to whatever she imagines. This was fine in the beginning when she was making simple items (spears, tarps, Petrushka dolls with flash grenades). Then in season 3, she created a GPS trackers. This means she would have to know about creating electronic components (surface mounts), soldering, circuit boards, including copper/silver board tracings, LED screens and even the knowledge of integrated chips and the GPS frequency to read. She would also need to know how to program the IC. I find it difficult to learn that in such a very short time. Somehow the author just assumed that something that's small is simple. Even as mech. engineer with some electrical engineering, that even difficult for me. This is definitely a reach at this time.

all i can say is that just activate thy suspension of disbelief in this case lol

Pretty much. But then most superpowered based series (Marvel, DC, etc.) breaks a lot of laws of physics and beliefs must be totally suspended.
Feb 6, 2023 9:54 AM

Apr 2008
I would loved to see more of what she can do, especially at the final exam with Shoto in her team against Aizawa. I think that her power is much more interesting than meets the eye.
Can wait to see more of her in the next seasons.
Jul 3, 3:54 PM
Dec 2023
She’s one of my favourite characters. She’s OP. She can literally beat anyone in my opinion bc she can create anything. Like very strong quirk
Jul 3, 3:55 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to CrimsonMidnight
That's why I think Momo is best girl (aside his appearance and personality)

I picture her as a very formidable hero in the future.
@CrimsonMidnight same
Jul 3, 3:56 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to bik4eto
Lol if she was a villian the show would just end.
@bik4eto fr😭😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

241 by HoLoVN1608 »»
Jul 4, 7:12 AM

Poll: » best girl poll

SolidWoIf - Apr 27, 2017

43 by SarahxLevi »»
Jul 3, 3:57 PM

» About Todoroki's Mom/Dad

SoulessAnime - Mar 20, 2021

10 by SarahxLevi »»
Jul 3, 3:50 PM

» shoto to icy hot

AOTizgood - Aug 10, 2021

10 by SarahxLevi »»
Jul 3, 3:48 PM

» Who is best boy and best girl in My Hero Academia?

Genette400 - Sep 27, 2017

28 by SarahxLevi »»
Jul 3, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.