Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 24, 2017 4:10 PM
Aug 2015
Will it be 24 episodes or 12?????

thanks
Jun 24, 2017 4:11 PM

May 2015
The amount of manga volumes shown in the trailer indicates that it'll be 24 but it might've just been an advertisement for the original source...
Jun 24, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Jun 24, 2017 11:08 PM

Aug 2012
It's hinted to be 2-cour from the teaser
Jun 25, 2017 4:24 PM
May 2016
Without spoiling anything, how crazy is the secret in the basement?
Jun 25, 2017 4:39 PM

Dec 2016
Majespecter said:

not what you will expect but much much crazier and mindblowing
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
Jun 25, 2017 5:42 PM
Sep 2009
Seems like a longer season is incoming. Can kinda see why the decided to make a previous one a 12 episode.

End of season 3 should make a good temporary stopping point.
Jun 25, 2017 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
Majespecter said:
It's pretty dam crazy with all the info we got
Jun 25, 2017 10:46 PM
May 2017
Season 3 can't wait
Jun 26, 2017 6:20 PM

Mar 2009
OMG! OMG! OMG! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! =)))))))
Jun 30, 2017 8:12 PM

Jun 2016
There's a PV that showed the manga chapters until the Return to Shiganshina arc, so it looks like it'll be 2-cour, so expect a 25 episodes.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 30, 2017 8:13 PM

Jun 2016
Daliesk said:
Majespecter said:

imagine snk is having sex

all chapters where the basement secrets are revealed is orgasm

Hahahahaha! Good one! Good one!

The secrets are so crazy, that all the predictions and theories about SNK got shoved away. Hahaha!

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 1, 2017 5:28 AM

Nov 2015
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:
Daliesk said:

The secrets are so crazy, that all the predictions and theories about SNK got shoved away. Hahaha!

I never thought we'd be able to see it animated so soon. I'm dying to see it.
Jul 1, 2017 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
Metal_Ice786 said:
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:

I never thought we'd be able to see it animated so soon. I'm dying to see it.

SAAAAAME! I'm so stoked. So many gems in the manga I really want to see animated. Kyaaa!

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 1, 2017 6:12 PM

Jul 2015
According to the Funimation panel, it's going to be Spring 2018, but we'll see
Sup...
Jul 1, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2017
Its in 2018 probably

Sep 23, 2017 7:14 AM
Nov 2015
Majestyes said:

It's really underwhelming, a lot of the fans got upset when they knew that the secret wasn't really that big
moaml_salmSep 23, 2017 2:03 PM
Sep 23, 2017 7:35 PM

Aug 2012
moaml_salm said:
Majestyes said:

It's really underwhelming, a lot of the fans got upset when they knew that the secret wasn't really that big
Actually it lived up to the hype for most people.
Sep 23, 2017 7:38 PM

Oct 2013
moaml_salm said:
Majestyes said:

The manga rating should have dropped if that was the case, but it actually gotten a bit higher, it was at 8.49 and after the basement reveal it went up to 8.52. I'm sure there were people that were disappointed, but to say "most" is a bit of a exaggeration.
Sep 23, 2017 7:44 PM

Aug 2017
Majestyes said:

Sep 23, 2017 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
Spike-senpai said:
Majestyes said:

Sep 23, 2017 10:13 PM
Sep 2017
It is coming in 2018 and the hype train is on...

surely we will get another suprise especially the poster of eren n friend standing beside a frickin sea. mannnnn cannot wait to see more of Titan...
Sep 23, 2017 10:13 PM
Mar 2016
Majestyes said:

At the moment of the revelation: Hype! Shock! WTF! I didn't expect that!

After details: What the actual fuck! Man, the story is well made from the beginning! Where are you taking us, Isayama Hajime?!

Well to be honest, the anime once again became something new more amazing after the basement.
Sep 23, 2017 10:46 PM
Nov 2015
keragamming said:
moaml_salm said:

The manga rating should have dropped if that was the case, but it actually gotten a bit higher, it was at 8.49 and after the basement reveal it went up to 8.52. I'm sure there were people that were disappointed, but to say "most" is a bit of a exaggeration.

>The manga ratings should have dropped

Not really, look at berserk for example, berserk is a medicore-level serious but it's still #1 and it's ratings still increase even tho the manga lost its magic
Sep 23, 2017 10:49 PM
Nov 2015
keragamming said:
Spike-senpai said:

That's it? After all this build up from the first chapter it really was underwhelming
Sep 23, 2017 10:52 PM

Apr 2014
2 cour. But a split cour with 6 months delay. (just guessing)
Anyway the next arc is the shittiest, so I hope it's just 1 cour so I'll just skip that trash.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 23, 2017 10:52 PM
Nov 2015
AnimeNoSensei said:
Majestyes said:

After details: What the actual fuck! Man, the story is well made from the beginning! Where are you taking us, Isayama Hajime?!

Well to be honest, the anime once again became something new more amazing after the basement.

I'm expecting a lot of people to drop SNK like flies because there isn't much action in the first half of season 3 and it's all about politics, you remember what was the ppl reaction after the lack of action in season 2, right?
Sep 23, 2017 10:56 PM

Oct 2014
Idc how many eps if its 13 or up to 26. I just care about S3 coming out and if its good. I cant wait honestly
Sep 23, 2017 11:01 PM

Oct 2013
moaml_salm said:
keragamming said:

That's it? After all this build up from the first chapter it really was underwhelming

Not arguing with you on whether you think it was great or underwhelming, all I'm saying is that you were exaggerating there.

The reason why you guys were disappointed is because you all thought Jesus was in the basement, any level headed person would have a idea on what to expect in the basement, so we weren't disappointed. Like really,

With the expectation you guys had, this reveal was bound to fail no matter what was in it.

The thing is, a lot of person thought the basement would be the end game thing for the series, if the series had ended after the basement reveal, then the reveal would've been disappointing for me, but instead the basement is actually a set up to the true finale.
Sep 23, 2017 11:18 PM
Nov 2015
keragamming said:
moaml_salm said:

Not arguing with you on whether you think it was great or underwhelming, all I'm saying is that you were exaggerating there.

The reason why you guys were disappointed is because you all thought Jesus was in the basement, any level headed person would have a idea on what to expect in the basement, so we weren't disappointed. Like really,

With the expectation you guys had, this reveal was bound to fail no matter what was in it.

The thing is, a lot of person thought the basement would be the end game thing for the series, if the series had ended after the basement reveal, then the reveal would've been disappointing for me, but instead the basement is actually a set up to the true finale.

I don't know whah you where expecting from the basement but I (and a lot) expected something bigger than a photo and a little information about the outside world after all that 80+ build up, I mean come on it's a six years waiting for a damn picture
Sep 23, 2017 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
moaml_salm said:
keragamming said:

I don't know whah you where expecting from the basement but I (and a lot) expected something bigger than a photo and a little information about the outside world after all that 80+ build up, I mean come on it's a six years waiting for a damn picture

Ok, answer me this, what were you expecting?
Sep 23, 2017 11:27 PM
Nov 2015
keragamming said:
moaml_salm said:

Nothing in particular, I just thought it should be bigger than just a photo
Sep 23, 2017 11:41 PM

Oct 2013
moaml_salm said:
keragamming said:

The basement is not the end game, it is the set up for the finale. Anyways that is the past, I'm more exciting for what is to come in the upcoming chapter.

I thought the basement would be the end game at first, I'm glad I was wrong, because imo that would have probably been disappointing.
Sep 23, 2017 11:46 PM
Nov 2015
keragamming said:
moaml_salm said:

The basement is not the end game, it is the set up for the finale. Anyways that is the past, I'm more exciting for what is to come in the upcoming chapter.

I thought the basement would be the end game at first, I'm glad I was wrong, because imo that would have probably been disappointing.

Still not enough of a reveal after 6 years of waiting.

Honestly a lot of the fans including me are now just reading it for nostalgia and nothing else after the timeskip where it turn full Mecha but expect Mecha we have Titans. They should have end it when the had the time but it's a Money cow so they just decided to milk it
Sep 24, 2017 12:02 AM

Oct 2013
moaml_salm said:
keragamming said:

Honestly a lot of the fans including me are now just reading it for nostalgia and nothing else after the timeskip where it turn full Mecha but expect Mecha we have Titans. They should have end it when the had the time but it's a Money cow so they just decided to milk it

I think you need to research and know a bit more of the author of this series, I assure you this was always in his intention, the guy is really into politics and history, if you really look at the big picture snk is literally the mirror of our real world, but with titans and other supernatural stuff added into it. The author has apologize to his fans for taking longer than he has expected to end the series and in his recent interview, he assure us that the series will be ending soon, he himself wants to hurry up and end it, because of all the pressure. Really, before assuming, sometimes you should research and analyze first.

The story hasn't been extended, but instead what extended the story is the author wanted to give the characters more depth.

If you think the series should have ended already, then that means we would be getting a lot of un answered question/plot hole if that is the case.

If you re read or rewatch the series from season 1 up to season 2, you can make connection and see the foreshadowing from those episodes/chapters, and those early chapters were before snk got extremely popular.

The very first title, "to you in 2000 years" that still hasn't been explain yet, but base off what I have seen from the basement reveal, I have a idea how that title will make sense eventually.

seriously, there is no milking going on.
keragammingSep 24, 2017 12:06 AM
Sep 24, 2017 12:06 AM
Nov 2015
keragamming said:
moaml_salm said:

I think you need to research and know a bit more of the author of this series, I assure you this was always in his intention, the guy is really into politics and history, if you really look at the big picture snk is literally the mirror of our real world, but with titans and other supernatural stuff added into it.

The story hasn't been extended, but instead what extended the story is the author wanted to give the characters more depth.

If you think the series should have ended already, then that means we would be getting a lot of un answered question/plot hole if that is the case.

If you re read or rewatch the series from season 1 up to season 2, you can make connection and see the foreshadowing from those episodes/chapters, and those early chapters were before snk got extremely popular.

The very first title, "to you in 2000 years" that still hasn't been explain yet, but base off what I have seen from the real in the basement, I have a idea how that title will make sense eventually.

The author wanted to kill all the characters at the end and the decided to change then course of the story, what are you even on about?
Now it's all filled with asspulls like how Armin survived the fall and the whole thunder spears thing
Sep 24, 2017 12:19 AM

Oct 2013
moaml_salm said:
keragamming said:

I think you need to research and know a bit more of the author of this series, I assure you this was always in his intention, the guy is really into politics and history, if you really look at the big picture snk is literally the mirror of our real world, but with titans and other supernatural stuff added into it.

The very first title, "to you in 2000 years" that still hasn't been explain yet, but base off what I have seen from the real in the basement, I have a idea how that title will make sense eventually.

The author wanted to kill all the characters at the end and the decided to change then course of the story, what are you even on about?
Now it's all filled with asspulls like how Armin survived the fall and the whole thunder spears thing

I will admit those two were asspull, but has the manga ended yet? It seems people forgot that was going to be the ending, aka after everything was resolve, it was going to be like the mist ending.

Which means him changing the ended does not mean those two asspull would not have happen, because it seems to me, those character would survive until the end.

And his latest interview in 2017 he said he is going back to his original ending. Honestly, imo he should seriously shut the fuck up, because ever author can change their mind, and a lot of author has change their mind on how they wanted to end their series, but they didn't foolishly announce it to the whole world. To me, it seems like he isn't sure how he will end it, but from how he is talking, it wont be a happy ending, so my bet is on a bittersweet ending, which would fit this series perfectly.

Isayama was young at that time, and keep in mind, he had that ended when he was 19/20 years old, in that time it seems like a cool ending, but the older you get, the wiser you become, and he may have realise this decision wasn't the best with his series becoming a mega popular series, he has the pressure to have a fitting story and create a fitting ending.

imo I am happy he wont go with that ending, because that seem like a stupid edgy ending to me.

Honestly, people don't look deep into all those factors, and this is why authors should keep their mouth shut and do what they have to do without anyone knowing.
Sep 24, 2017 12:23 AM
Sep 2017
Brobi said:

thanks

I'm pretty sure that's there only 12 episodes in season 3
Sep 24, 2017 5:18 AM

Aug 2012
katlevi99 said:
Brobi said:

thanks

I'm pretty sure that's there only 12 episodes in season 3
Pretty sure it's hinted heavily for 25 episodes with the teaser
Sep 24, 2017 12:54 PM
Mar 2016
moaml_salm said:
AnimeNoSensei said:

I'm expecting a lot of people to drop SNK like flies because there isn't much action in the first half of season 3 and it's all about politics, you remember what was the ppl reaction after the lack of action in season 2, right?

Yeah maybe you're right, but I think it's about time until they understand that each single chapter of Attack on Titan is an important part of the story.

Besides, the first arc of season 3 contains some damn good action and fight of a different kind as well as some heavy revelations. I really loved it the first time I read it, it wasn't boring or something.

Not to forget the time factor as well, I mean manga readers were waiting around a month to read the new chapter, however anime only fans will be able to watch the whole arc in around 2.5 months!

Furthermore, people who made it until season 3 must be true fans of AoT which means they will stick with it until they understand what's going on.
ShaDanDanSep 24, 2017 2:29 PM
Sep 24, 2017 1:05 PM
Nov 2015
AnimeNoSensei said:
moaml_salm said:

Yeah maybe you're right, but I think it's about time until they understand that each single chapter of Attack on Titan is an important part of the story.

Besides, the first arc of season 3 contains some damn good action and fight of a different kind as well as some heavy revelations. I really loved it the first time I read it, it wasn't boring or something.

Not to forget the time factor as well, I mean manga readers was waiting around a month to read the new chapter, however anime only fans will be able to watch the whole arc in around 2.5 months!

Furthermore, people who made it until season 3 must be true fans of AoT which means they will stick with it until they understand what's going on.

The titans won't even appear in the first half, the only fights are between humens which is pretty boring and it's not that much fighting to begin with.

I can see the memes that will come out when season 3 starts like "this show is called attack on Titan, but there aren't any Titans !!!!" Or something like that until the later second half.

Even tho S2 had balanced fights and conversation between the characters yet ppl called it boring because the lack of fights.
How do you expect the ppl will react to S3 which have a huge lack of action? Even tho season 2 aired weekly but they still complained, S3 gonna be even worse
Sep 24, 2017 2:19 PM
Mar 2016
moaml_salm said:
AnimeNoSensei said:

Not to forget the time factor as well, I mean manga readers was waiting around a month to read the new chapter, however anime only fans will be able to watch the whole arc in around 2.5 months!

The titans won't even appear in the first half, the only fights are between humens which is pretty boring and it's not that much fighting to begin with.

I can see the memes that will come out when season 3 starts like "this show is called attack on Titan, but there aren't any Titans !!!!" Or something like that until the later second half.

Even tho S2 had balanced fights and conversation between the characters yet ppl called it boring because the lack of fights.
How do you expect the ppl will react to S3 which have a huge lack of action? Even tho season 2 aired weekly but they still complained, S3 gonna be even worse

Well it's true there are no titans during the first arc, but the humans fight is what I meant. It might be my own taste, but it's really amazing to see humans fighting each other in AoT because it's something new and it's something brutal.

Well, I can't say you're wrong either. I've read negative reviews on AoT 2 just after 4 episodes!
But we will have to wait and see :)
ShaDanDanSep 24, 2017 2:32 PM
Dec 7, 2017 5:01 PM

Nov 2009
Audiomancer said:
Majespecter said:

I can attest to that.
Dec 10, 2018 12:22 PM
Apr 2018
I won't say that I didn't like this season but I didn't like it as much as the previous ones.... although I was so excited to watch it but unfortunately I was a litlle disappointed because I expected more new facts, more info about Rainer, Ymir,Bertolt and Annie (like how could they live outside the walls?!) and also the truth of the beast titan...ect. Besides I didn't like the drawing that much especially Levi's and Mikasa's.... But there were three unforgettable scenes that I really did like :

My first best scene was of that Levi x Kenny fighting . It was soooo hell good !!! The second one was Eren x the huge colossal titan and what I liked about it most is that when Eren run (as a titan) above the wall then threw the explosives into his mouth. The run was legendary. And the final one was the last episode's ending. I was shocked like what hapepned ?! And thanks to it I'm really excited for season 3 part 2 more than ever!!
Akarin_rinDec 10, 2018 12:26 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.