Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2017 8:56 PM
Aug 2016
I just marathoned the entire season this night and it was one hell of a ride.
10/10 anime of the year hands down.
Jun 17, 2017 9:07 PM

Jun 2016
Did Mikasa tried to kiss Eren, but Eren turned towards the Titan?
How did Eren get the control of the titans, did that female titan transferred it on purpose?
Why was COM Erwin smiling at the end ? i dont get it, i dont get it at alllllllllllllllllllllll.

Yes, but the good thing is that season 3 will be released next year. Still 1 year - nooo cant wait that long..
Jun 17, 2017 9:14 PM

Feb 2016
So many meme worthy moments in this episode
Jun 17, 2017 9:29 PM

Jun 2013
Did anyone else almost tear up on this episode or am I just a whimp
Jun 17, 2017 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
Season 3 2018? More Krista/Historia? YES! I wonder in what season we will see who marries her. I want to marry her.

Jokes aside, yes this season was not as flashy as the first, but it was still highly enjoyable, and kept up the mystery which I enjoyed.
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Jun 17, 2017 9:38 PM
Nov 2016
That was sooooo EPIC. Can't wait for season 3! ;)
Jun 17, 2017 9:41 PM
Jul 2014
Kitsu-nee said:
So many questions, why Eren can't turn into Titan anymore, why did he suddenly gain new power, why was Erwin smiling in such a creepy way, I don't even @_@

Same reason he couldn't change last episode -- his arms were still healing. It looks like the new power manifested the moment the healing finished. But he'll probably still be able to transform as well.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this series overall (there's too many unknowns, and shows like Lost have soured me on that) but this was a good episode and a good finale, and it looks like the next season might be more interesting.
Jun 17, 2017 9:42 PM

Oct 2014
Stark700 said:
I almost thought they would kiss

Mikasa slowly pushing her lips to eren, blushing like a cute girl, yet Eren doesn't give a fuck. Oh well, Mikasa did have a lot of hug from the back during the horse ride.

Great anime as expected. So much hype for the next season.

A solid 9/10 for me.
Jun 17, 2017 9:53 PM

Jun 2016
YASSSSSSSS... SEASON 3.....2018...

Jun 17, 2017 9:55 PM

Mar 2015
plot twist ;
Eren need power of love to unleash his coordinate power ...
Jun 17, 2017 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
Poor mikasa being scarfzoned by Eren~
So, being normal makes you happy?
Does being normal guarantee happiness?
- Ritsuro (I Shall Never Return) -
Jun 17, 2017 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Intense final episode.

Though some scenes were skip, this season did well on improvement of animation , as well as the sounds, that added better atmosphere for every scenes presented. Also, to the voice actors they did a great job on their respective characters for bringing out the right emotion , kudos! VAs.

so who's hype for 3rd season, well me and almost everyone on this thread >_< will probably wait...
Jun 17, 2017 10:04 PM

Aug 2007
A fine end to the season, despite the low enthusiasm I had for much of it. Enjoyed the whole Historia/Ymir plot that played out, although I don't quite understand why Ymir would return to Reiner and Bertholdt in the end. Haven't read the manga though so I'm sure there's more details and motives to be learned. Eren's new power certainly is interesting. So did he insta-heal and command titans through the ~power of love~ or was that from the emotional distress prior? Hopefully not the latter if they plan on using it again, clearly.
JG_WezzJun 17, 2017 10:16 PM
Jun 17, 2017 10:05 PM

Apr 2014
so is that guy like the titan king or what?

i'm probably the only one excited to see the internal battles and politics within the walls. i hope that means we get more of erwin (also means that he'll probably be murdered ;(

can we talk about erwin's sexy beard though?
beanie.
Jun 17, 2017 10:47 PM
Jan 2014
Can't wait for a year. Guess I'll start reading the manga.
Jun 17, 2017 11:20 PM

Feb 2017
Pretty good finale, although I hated the scene with Mikasa and Eren. They made Mikasa appear like some moe, submissive damsel in distress. Also, Eremika is a detestable ship.
Other than that, pretty decent. I'm glad we don't have to wait another four years for season 3.
Overall, I thought this season was better than the first. It conveyed more of the complex-relationships side of the story than the action side, which I appreciate as a writer.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Jun 17, 2017 11:20 PM

Feb 2017
ttcchen said:
this is eren's fucking dad isn't it!??

No, it's not Eren's father.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
AlfyanJun 18, 2017 4:54 AM

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Jun 17, 2017 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
loved this episode,loved this season,can't wait for season 3

10/10
Jun 17, 2017 11:50 PM

Dec 2015
I hate that scene of Mikasa trying to kiss Eren.
Wtf? Mikasa is like a sister for Eren, not a girlfriend or another girl.
Jun 18, 2017 12:18 AM

Apr 2012
Omigosh, Eren's seiyuu .... I was in tears! That was an incredible performance.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
Jun 18, 2017 12:29 AM

Sep 2011
Welp, that finally ended. 6/10

Now we wait and see how many delays season 3 gets before anime onlies get to see the absolute shitshow that is the next arc.
Jun 18, 2017 12:30 AM
Oct 2007
CCCCOOOOOOOOLLL!!! That's some epic finale!!! Eren being able to control titans was a surprise despite the hints before. Makes me very very curious who is that one guy that Reiner didn't want Eren to end up with..

I am not sure if it's because this season is shorter and for us anime-watchers only, it took 4 whole freaking years to get another peek at the story. I enjoyed this season just so slightly more. Both seasons are off the chart personally for me though so...

NUUUUUUUUUUU!!! One more year... Nonetheless season 3!!! I guess I still can restrain myself from reading the manga with that announcement..

20/10. I am ready for season 3!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2017 12:37 AM
Oct 2007
Talcon said:
I noticed in the credits that ufotable's name popped up, but I don't see them accredited on the MAL page? What is the nature of them being mentioned in the credits?

It might be because WIT outsource to Ufotable just a few frames enough to only credit one animator from the studio.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2017 1:27 AM

Jan 2017
The music was super cringe in this episode. Had enough of Historia and Ymir. MAL should change the cover page for this season, one with only Ymir and Historia french kissing, because thats what the entire season felt like. 5/10
Jun 18, 2017 1:34 AM
Jan 2009
And thus the season comes to a close. That episode really flew by...

We finally found out what the hell the "Coordinate" is - and who it is. Also: RIP Hannes, you magnificent bastard. If only Eren figured out his power sooner... And that ending was certainly intriguing.

The season as a whole was... pretty good. It wasn't as constantly action-packed as season 1, but season 2 also seemed to have much more of a direction to the plot. Pacing was a bit slow, but it did allow viewers to think a bit more about what was happening and what would happen next. It was cool to kind of get to know the different factions and their motivations, especially the Titan Shifters besides Eren.

I'm curious to see what season 3 brings. Hopefully it's good, especially since it'll likely be 2-cour!
Pie is delicious.

Jun 18, 2017 1:37 AM

Mar 2016
Great ending to a great season! Sad to see Hannes die but that was expected still very sad. Eren learns he can control the titans and Levi and everyone else discovers the secret connection between the titans and humans which shocked Levi more than I was expecting. It was the perfect conclusion to the season while also being the perfect cliffhanger and hype for season 3! And now we play the waiting game...hopefully with no delays
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 18, 2017 1:42 AM

May 2013
NUUUUUUUUUUU, RIP Best Uncle Hannes TT__________TT

Dammit, so my hunch might be right that humans turned into titans D; after seeing the Conny's mama titan look alike, I couldn't help but think how twisted it would be if the titans were humans eating humans yet also getting killed by humans. Wtfffff Dx

Ymir fails lol. She can't ever be the type who lives only for herself. In her words, she's an idiot. She has too much compassion that she will never get rid of. Not that that's a bad thing ;3

Peep Eren's father on top of the ape titan?!?! >:O

9/10 for SnK S2-- docked a star bc that back and forth thing with the flashback and present time shit annoyed the fuck outta me.
Kokoro_KotashimaJun 18, 2017 1:45 AM
Jun 18, 2017 2:02 AM

Jun 2008
Harambe lives.

Good enough 4 me.

9/10 season, anxiously awaiting season 3.
Jun 18, 2017 2:08 AM

Sep 2008
A pretty good ending to a decent season.

Overall 7/10

Hopefuly next season is as good or better than this one.
Jun 18, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2014
Great finale, with lots of interesting revelations (just how and why can Eren seemingly control Titans now?), a nice moment between him and Mikasa, and that weird guy with the Beast Titan at the end. One way or another, even if this season just about fell short of the first, it still had its moments and things look very promising for next year's third season.

9/10
Jun 18, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
JG_Wezz said:
Enjoyed the whole Historia/Ymir plot that played out, although I don't quite understand why Ymir would return to Reiner and Bertholdt in the end

Ymir says it when she's talking with them on top of the wall, but essentially she saved them because she knows what they're going/have gone through and the situation they're in.
Aka-himeJun 18, 2017 2:40 AM
Jun 18, 2017 2:40 AM

Sep 2016
cant wait for next season with all the revelations
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 18, 2017 2:48 AM

Aug 2015
What an amazing finale! The soundtrack was amazing, really fit AOT like usual! I can't wait for Season 3, hopefully it isn't delayed this time.
Jun 18, 2017 2:53 AM
Jan 2012
Amazing Ending to finish up this second season!

Mikasa's confession was quite sweet, and never would have guessed that Eren had the power to control titans. That definitely gives them the upper hand now. It was sad to see Conny finding out what happened to his family and village though.

Can't wait for season 3 next year to find out more about Eren's dad's intentions!
Jun 18, 2017 3:11 AM

Feb 2011
Yeah this is a solid 10/10 for me. About time to edit my top 50 animes.
Jun 18, 2017 3:15 AM

Jun 2015
Ok I was gonna make a full post on how this episode was good and how good the season was but.. THAT LAST SCENE MADE ME DROP MY FREAKING JAW. I know what's up with the guy and all but oh my gosh. Anime-only people might just be 10x more shocked, and they'll be a million times more shocked once we actually get to him and who he is.
Besides that, RIP Hannes. Didn't love the guy but it's sad seeing the guy go, especially seeing Eren cry like that. Huge props to Yuki Kaji on that, that was solid voice acting. I love how even seeing Mikasa blush and cry like a cute girl, Eren freaking just went "yeah I mean I can wrap a scarf around you sure" and took nothing of it.
I'm so happy Historia and Ymir got a lot of screen time and their gaynes animated. Everyone seems so sick and tired of it, but if I'm honest, I was WAITING for this to be animated for years. I love both their characters and them together as a couple, and I'm glad my favorite girls have had their time and will have more time.
This was a great season. Of course I'm excited for the announced season 3, but the future seasons even after that I will 100% love. At some times, this season had some weird pacing and they did reveal Ymir's story early but otherwise I was fine with it.

9/10

SenpieX said:
I haven't read manga but who was this guy at the end??

Same glasses as eren's father O.O

Revealing that guy would be a HUGE HUGE spoiler basically. You'll find out soon, basically.

Artharion said:
Now I can't decide if I should wait for the 3rd season or start reading the manga...

If you want to have animated shock value, wait for season 3. If you wanna freak the hell out from just black and white photos, read the manga. Season 3 is the political arc so basically it's the best time now to read the manga if you need the entertainment.

JG_Wezz said:
Enjoyed the whole Historia/Ymir plot that played out, although I don't quite understand why Ymir would return to Reiner and Bertholdt in the end

Yeah Ymir says it while talking to them. It's because she ate their comrade and took his power, so she felt like she was repaying them for what she did. If she handed herself in they'd be able to live, and she understood their situation.
Jun 18, 2017 3:29 AM

Jul 2016
Come here just to say this is an amazing anime.
Jun 18, 2017 3:31 AM
Aug 2015
the1337fleet said:
Kirie-san said:

I meant shi*** ending song (which I really dislike and skipped each time), not the final episode!! Otherwise I wouldn't give a 9 or a 8.

I see, lol. I liked the ending song, but to each their own.

Yeah of course, everybody doesn't have the same taste =)
Jun 18, 2017 3:38 AM

Nov 2016
srafayms said:
Did Mikasa tried to kiss Eren, but Eren turned towards the Titan?
How did Eren get the control of the titans, did that female titan transferred it on purpose?
Why was COM Erwin smiling at the end ? i dont get it, i dont get it at alllllllllllllllllllllll.

Yes, but the good thing is that season 3 will be released next year. Still 1 year - nooo cant wait that long..

Whenever a Titan screams he call titans to attack him. That's what the Female titan once did. Even Eren did that as well out of rage in season one and titans attacked him in a result. But it's too different this time, Eren controlled titans and they obeyed his motives. So It was his power from the beginning but he didn't knew.
Jun 18, 2017 3:41 AM
Jan 2016
Amazing season 10/10
The soundtrack in this episode was PHENOMENAL
A beautiful way to end this season the revelation about Eren was crazy He can control titans So I guess humanity has a chance to win now
Mikasa was so cute during her conversation with Eren
That episode was so intense
I had a feeling that Hannes will die and I'm so sad now :( I cried so much at his death scene
Finally we saw Levi I missed him <3
SEASON 3 ANNOUNCED OHHHHHHH YEEEEEESSSSSS I'M SO READY FOR NEXT YEAR
Jun 18, 2017 3:53 AM

Apr 2015
Quite entertaining, Erwin Smith is such a badass. 8/10
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jun 18, 2017 4:08 AM

Jan 2015
Overrated season. Good episode. 7/10.
Jun 18, 2017 4:35 AM

Feb 2014
For one thing, I'm glad that they've announced season 3 for next year. Even if it's another one cour show or two, at least us fans only have to wait a year for it this time, unlike the four year gap between season one and two.

As for the final episode, I'm sad that Hannes was killed, in front of the injured Mikasa and Eren, who just couldn't transform into his titan form to back Hannes up. RIP to a very enjoyable character. D=

His death did spark Eren into losing his rag though, but I didn't expect him to be able to control all of titans themselves. Thanks to that ability, the smiley titan is FINALLY dead, at long last!

The whole scene was epic on all fronts, from the animation, voice acting and also the excellent use of the soundtrack. It was the best part of the episode. =)

It did end with a cliffhanger though, as we see the beat titan on the wall, looking rather smug, but alongside him, was a blonde shirtless man. Whoever he is, I'm sure he has a very important role in the story to play.

9/10 for season two. =)
Jun 18, 2017 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
Botato said:
Antearion said:
The ape titan is Eren's dad bruh! I'm sticking to that theory! I swear its him!
Why would Eren's father kill people though.

Eren's dad wasn't blond
Jun 18, 2017 5:06 AM

Nov 2013
Schopenhauer1 said:
Botato said:
Why would Eren's father kill people though.

Eren's dad wasn't blond
Yeah, I'm aware xD
Jun 18, 2017 5:09 AM

Sep 2011
Does anyone know the song that started playing when historia and ymir was charging in?
Jun 18, 2017 5:28 AM

Jun 2016
elbowpham said:
Does anyone know the song that started playing when historia and ymir was charging in?

https://youtu.be/pP3lMg0cIg4
Jun 18, 2017 5:30 AM

Sep 2011
Schopenhauer1 said:
elbowpham said:

https://youtu.be/pP3lMg0cIg4

thank you so much. I got super hype when she did the flip ;3.
Jun 18, 2017 5:35 AM

Feb 2009
I had goosebumps all over during this episode and changed from 9/10 to 10/10. Very awesome season finale. I'm very excited to see what Eren will do in the future.
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.