Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2017 1:02 AM

Jun 2012
A lot of old characters are the limelight of this round, Lu Niang and Aika's also get a piece of it, even Olivia Highland is about to return too, is this a sign that it's close to the climax? I wonder if his 'Trap' classmate have some hidden role too, haha.

Nov 2, 2017 12:51 AM
Apr 2016
I am new to forums so I hope spoilers are allowed in these kinds of discussions, but I am putting a tag nonetheless.

I didn't quite get the part where

If that's the case then she is now one of the characters I despise the most in this series, plus that plot twist is still making no sense, people nearly died looking for that information and in the end it got resolved as simply as that? That was a big letdown for me. Maybe I am missing something?
Nov 2, 2017 2:10 AM

Jun 2012
LemonOrigins said:
I am new to forums so I hope spoilers are allowed in these kinds of discussions, but I am putting a tag nonetheless.

I didn't quite get the part where

If that's the case then she is now one of the characters I despise the most in this series, plus that plot twist is still making no sense, people nearly died looking for that information and in the end it got resolved as simply as that? That was a big letdown for me. Maybe I am missing something?
In the beginning, ain't the national book is what Kyouske initially looking for? And it's lost pages were then later on figured to be hidden in the founder's gallery to which I assumed Aika never knew about those pages were there until a few more chapters.......I'm basing it in this question Kyouske asked to Aika: “When did you realize the truth and what weren’t you telling us?

Still, Aika's background aren't told in full details yet, might as well take the fact at face value that her despair and sorrow have lead her to take the secrecy of the apartment for her revenge(to protect all the possible/next "happiest summoner girl" with the use of the treasures in that "room"). Even if it will lead her acquaintance to tragedy.

Were they close friends in the first place???
Nov 2, 2017 7:38 AM
Apr 2016
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
And it's lost pages were then later on figured to be hidden in the founder's gallery to which I assumed Aika never knew about those pages were there until a few more chapters.......I'm basing it in this question Kyouske asked to Aika: “When did you realize the truth and what weren’t you telling us?

The encyclopedia was already available to the public I think, just that it had few entries missing, and there were rumors that those would be found in the Founder's Gallery, and to find that gallery Kyousuke needed the 3 items - Key, Box, Map, which is kind of what this entire volume is about.

Here's the extract that says that from volume 6 :

And this convo happens early on in the volume, so to me it seems like Kyousuke was after the gallery right from the beginning. And Aika made it clear that she knew where the gallery was all along (since that's the reason she shifted into that apartment), although I am not sure when she found out that Kyousuke was looking for the gallery. But given her lack of surprise at Kyousuke's question that you have mentioned, it looked like she knew all along but didn't want to release the info?

That's what bugs me the most, since if that's the case I am surprised why the MC or the others weren't mad at her. I also find her excuse very silly, I think the author had made it pretty clear from the beginning of the series that Aika trusts the MC, so why hide such crucial info from him? Renge was kidnapped because Azalea wanted the key/map from Kyousuke and Kyousuke had those only because he wanted to find the gallery, Renge got dissected and put back together, Lu was almost completely broken mentally by the Thousand Eater who wanted the same info for building a better doll, those "nun offerings" nearly died, and so on.

So the way the volume ended conveniently makes no sense. The only reason I can think of for now is that author wanted to resolve some plot points, like Claude getting back with Azalea to bring back her sanity, Lu getting rid of her past horror, MC finally getting beaten (twice!), etc. But then why make it such that Aika knew about it all along?

Argh I wish the author had explained her behavior in detail in the "Afterword" section.
LemonOriginsNov 2, 2017 7:55 AM
Nov 2, 2017 7:43 AM
Apr 2016
But you have a point, we don't know much about her background, I don't even know if she can be trusted anymore since I have yet to read volume 7

More topics from this board

Poll: » Any chances of an anime adaptation of the novel?

GoldenCrimson20 - Mar 7, 2018

5 by tragicK »»
Oct 1, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Chapter 9 Discussion

Cleesus - Dec 6, 2018

2 by Cleesus »»
Jun 27, 2019 6:28 AM

Poll: » Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

18 by Cleesus »»
Dec 2, 2018 7:14 PM

Poll: » Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 8 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Mar 11, 2018

2 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 27, 2018 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2016

1 by Destined_One »»
Jan 23, 2018 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.