Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 20, 2017 4:18 AM

May 2012
As of right now 74.55% of people have voted 1 out 5 for this chapter, and I have to fucking agree. Boy was this a hot mess, it was just bad. I know people will shit on Mashima for what just happened (and deservedly so) but I'm not going to join on that.

One positive (and there are so few) with this chapter is that Jellal isn't going die. Predictable I know, but his one of my favorite characters in the series and I'm glad he'll survive (and without the fakedeath bs as a bonus). I also thought Ichiya's words to Jellal were quite touching actually, there's a BROTP I didn't know I wanted XD

Finally, I predict that Acno will return (b/c Mashima isn't so retarded as to have the main villain defeated by some randos and a piece of wood) but by the time he does Mavis will have used talk-no-jutsu on Zeref to turn him good again. And if we're lucky we could get the 7 dragon slayers (+Zeref) vs Acno to end the series (which is how i think it should've ended ever since it was anounced this was the final arc).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2017 4:46 AM

Sep 2007

My reaction for this chapter.
I could defend but ... no ...
No no and no.
And aobut One Piece, i'm sorry, i don't found it "better", it's too slow ... Really too slow.
May 20, 2017 5:13 AM
Jan 2017
come on ! Is he Fucking With us !?!!! it is the worst chapter i ever read !! I don't believe a trash like that has been published !
May 20, 2017 5:19 AM

May 2015
I think that Fairy Tail reach another level of absurd. Too bad I really like first season of anime.

My score is go -1 again.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 20, 2017 5:42 AM
Jan 2017
ShiroiRyu said:

And aobut One Piece, i'm sorry, i don't found it "better", it's too slow ... Really too slow.

Elaborate. Building up a world, story, villains and conflicts is very important in a (long-running) series. It's something that Mashima doesn't even know exists, so can you specify? What did you find slow? And where did you stop? And was it the horrible anime adaption or the manga? Because the anime is not worth anyones time but the manga is one of the best shonens you can find.
MorayneMay 20, 2017 5:46 AM
May 20, 2017 6:07 AM
Mar 2016
Worst mangga ever i think fairy tail after tenroujima arc is bad power of nakama too biggg wtf erza can defeat eileen wtf august death because just look mavis springgan 12 just bullshit maybey hapoy can defeat all the member springgan and now zeref and acno :v maybey hiro want make hentai comic
May 20, 2017 6:08 AM
Mar 2016
Worst mangga ever i think fairy tail after tenroujima arc is bad power of nakama too biggg wtf erza can defeat eileen wtf august death because just look mavis springgan 12 just bullshit maybey macao can defeat all the member springgan and now zeref and acno :v maybey hiro want make hentai comic
Jun 2009
I could be wrong, but with 9 chapters still to go, I find it difficult to believe that both antagonists are done. A chapter or 2 to wrap things up sure, but 9? that seems like much...
Apr 2011
Not sure what happened but.... okay.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
May 20, 2017 6:10 AM
Mar 2016
0ni_Link said:
Can someone recommend me a manga that doesnt suck, please? No joke, I'm that desperate for something good after this abomination.
watch anime drifters overlord if mangga tate no yuusha dungeon sekker
May 20, 2017 6:11 AM
Mar 2016
PirateKingJJ said:
Three words: WORST CHAPTER EVER!!! Only if I could give this -100000000/10. FFS. This is utter rubbish. Worst way to defeat a villain. I mean the strongest villain in the series. Screw it, both villains got taken out in a stupid manner in a single chapter. Worst writing I've ever seen in my life. The Room and some random Hentai has better plot than this shitty final arc of Fairy Tail.
agree very agreee
May 20, 2017 6:26 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, 10 chapters to go. I understand why the Natsu vs Zeref fight is short, but I already knew that Natsu would win anyway, so...

Now for one of my otps in the show, Zeref and Mavis. As much as I love them, I'm not sure if Zeref gets a happy ending..
May 20, 2017 7:14 AM

Sep 2007
Morayne said:

Elaborate. Building up a world, story, villains and conflicts is very important in a (long-running) series. It's something that Mashima doesn't even know exists, so can you specify? What did you find slow? And where did you stop? And was it the horrible anime adaption or the manga? Because the anime is not worth anyones time but the manga is one of the best shonens you can find.

It's more about me ...
Sometimes, i found some arcs really glorious ... but others are ... so slow paced ...
Like the Enel one (with the clouds and stuff).
Sometimes, i just hope that could be faster.
Anyways, for manga i really love, it's more about Kingdom. ^^
May 20, 2017 7:17 AM

Aug 2016
The power of friendship won! Bye Zeref </3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 20, 2017 7:34 AM

Nov 2014
Flames of wild emotion?... Are u kidding me?

FLAMES OF WILD EMOTION!? R U FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!

Okay...I thought that there could possibly be no way that any chapter of FT after the sting bitching out of the fight due to the power of FT nakama being worse, but boooyyy was i wrong

So in conclusion, flames of wild emotion

EDIT: Fuck!!! I accidentally voted 2 out of 5...Anyone know how to edit that so I can vote this horseshit as 1 out of 5?
MichaelMyers100May 20, 2017 7:45 AM
May 20, 2017 7:34 AM
May 2017
This chapter was sooooooo disappointing, I love Fairy tail but lately it's underwhelming knowing every time natsu comes in an steals the lime light from other characters in the manga. BUT we still cant forget that Lucy is still possibly cursed and could be the new villain since Zeref was defeated in one punch and I really hope lucy gets so more spot light since the manga really started with her.
May 20, 2017 7:55 AM
May 2017
0ni_Link said:
Can someone recommend me a manga that doesnt suck, please? No joke, I'm that desperate for something good after this abomination.
0ni_Link said:

veryy surprised no one has mentioned Tokyo Ghoul yet.... By far the best series I've ever started.. character depth and plot development is far beyond that of OP's
May 20, 2017 8:49 AM

Apr 2015
dantyzz said:
0ni_Link said:

veryy surprised no one has mentioned Tokyo Ghoul yet.... By far the best series I've ever started.. character depth and plot development is far beyond that of OP's

Depth yes, plot development no. Weirdly paced. Starting very slowly, middle too fast, ending slow again.

0ni_Link said:

One Piece is good. Has some mediocre arcs but the adventurous feel is very enjoyable throughout.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
If Zeref and Acnologia are really done for, then the FT ending is worse than the Bleach ending.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
May 20, 2017 10:10 AM

Oct 2015
I think the manga really is fucked when I enjoy reading all the hate-comments here a lot more than the manga itself.

Basically all the villains got defeated in the worst ways possible. 2 of them died of suicide, one died of a flying piece of wood piloted by an annoying side-character and a completely useless woman who was supposed to be important somehow. and then zeref gets 1-hit by the "flames of wild emotions" while Zeref was supposed to be a god-like being. LOL..

I know, I know, there are 9 chapters to go, but I can hardly ever imagine anything fixing this.

By the way, yes, ONE PIECE is a very good manga, I can recommend it as well. The anime is okayish too, but the manga is the real deal. Since I caught up with the manga, I've been watching anime episodes with 2x or 4x speed on, so I don't waste my time, but I still watch it.
May 20, 2017 10:25 AM

Oct 2016
That was it? That can't be it! Seriously my expectations were at rock bottom but this ? They just pushed him and he's gone ? The most humiliating villain ending in anime history at least he took king ugly with him. Also zeref should be ashamed he lost to "the flame of his wild emotion" was it? I think i threw up a bit.
May 20, 2017 10:32 AM
Dec 2012
I take back all the good things I've said about FT, LMAO! This shit is MUCH worse than anything that ever happened in Naruto or Bleach ROFL!
May 20, 2017 10:52 AM

Mar 2009
Flames of wild emotion? Is natsu barbarian emo dragon slayer now?
May 20, 2017 11:35 AM
Jan 2017
CG-Silver said:

One Piece is good. Has some mediocre arcs but the adventurous feel is very enjoyable throughout.

The older arcs actually get better the longer the series goes as the later events were foreshadowed in the previous arcs and make connections to them. Everything feels interconnected. Only Oda is able to pull this off. And One Piece has maybe the greatest foreshadowing in the entire manga genre, your respect will grow a lot as soon as you find it out. Sadly, too many people only "read" the manga to get from one page to another and will miss the majority of greatly built foreshadowing in OP. While character development isn't a focus on it, it's still there, the strength of One Piece lies in world building, myster creation and unpredictability.
May 20, 2017 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
Morayne said:
CG-Silver said:

The older arcs actually get better the longer the series goes as the later events were foreshadowed in the previous arcs and make connections to them. Everything feels interconnected. Only Oda is able to pull this off. And One Piece has maybe the greatest foreshadowing in the entire manga genre, your respect will grow a lot as soon as you find it out. Sadly, too many people only "read" the manga to get from one page to another and will miss the majority of greatly built foreshadowing in OP. While character development isn't a focus on it, it's still there, the strength of One Piece lies in world building, myster creation and unpredictability.

Yeah, Oda is very skilled at foreshadowing. But IMO while Sorachi doesn't do it as much, his foreshadowing are Oda's level, if not better.
May 20, 2017 11:52 AM

Jan 2017
Morayne said:
CG-Silver said:

Unpredictability? Did we read the same thing? One Piece and unpredictability in the same sentence is just wrong. From what manga do you think Fairy Tail has inherited its flaws (one of them being predictable)?
90% of flaws you find in One Piece, you will also find them in Fairy Tail, because it tried so much to be like One Piece. The problem is that Mashima forgot about the qualities of One Piece and ignored it and added Fanservice instead. So basically Fairy Tail is One Piece without the good world building but with more shitty writing instead.
May 20, 2017 12:11 PM
Jul 2014
The series has 9 chapters left after this one I believe, so I'm going to assume the fights aren't over, but you never know with Mashima.

Still, it's whatever to me at this point. I haven't been able to care about this series since the time skip, and apart from being able to see a few of the characters that I still like do something, I can't say I ever felt satisfied after finishing a Fairy Tail chapter. I'm just beyond the point of being mad or disappointed at anything Mashima does with Fairy Tail.

May 20, 2017 12:51 PM

Mar 2016
Well that was shit lmao. And everyone thought Mashima couldn't make something worse than August & Irene's defeats. Myself included.

All played like a piano. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 20, 2017 2:00 PM

Apr 2017
ichii_1 said:
To be fair Lucy did rewrite Natsu's soul book thing so him beating zeref is not out of nowhere.
Hope ichiya and anna are alive.

Yeah she did rewrite natsu's book, so we honestly dont know what she put on natsu, she could have gaven him a strength booster. I do hope anna and Ichiyha survived i really wanted to see a reunion between Lucy AND anna
May 20, 2017 2:46 PM
Jan 2017
zumac said:
Morayne said:

Unpredictability? Did we read the same thing? One Piece and unpredictability in the same sentence is just wrong. From what manga do you think Fairy Tail has inherited its flaws (one of them being predictable)?
90% of flaws you find in One Piece, you will also find them in Fairy Tail, because it tried so much to be like One Piece. The problem is that Mashima forgot about the qualities of One Piece and ignored it and added Fanservice instead. So basically Fairy Tail is One Piece without the good world building but with more shitty writing instead.

Yes, unpredictability. Of course, right now as you've certainly read a good amount of the series as myself and already know what happens it can't be compared correctly. But when you read a new chapter and try to foresee what is going to happen it's very hard to predict what will happen. Oda plays a lot with villains, characters, sudden allies and introduces characters at parts that he will re-use for the future or even brings past villains as new allies in. While the arc scheme is often similar, it always plays out very differently. No one could predict things like Ace dying back then, strawhats completely losing on Shabody, Shanks appearing on Marine Ford and such or Raftel being in the centre of an X where the lines of the 4 islands match as in a "X marks the spot kind of way". I've been reading since 2005 and followed some forums too. When you didn't have the ability of reading all chapters in a row, stuff was very unpredictable. Many chapters are unpredictable in what's happening because Oda has a good overview of what will happen in it and loves to spread out multiple arc strings for various characters to (kind of) mislead the readers. He does this a lot and very well too. While twists and deus ex machinas in FT feel not only forced and pulled out of the ass, Oda's twists and deus ex machinas make sense when you think about them or will make a lot of sense in a later chapter. Have you ever stopped at a chapter and tried to predict what will happen, instead of immediately reading it? FT is so predictable because Mashima never tried to risk anything. Every time he pulled a big cliffhanger he never pulled it through, while Oda takes risks in his series like killing Ace or letting the whole crew getting beaten by Aokiji back then. Foreshadowing also plays a big part in the unpredictability and my respect always grows a bit bigger for Oda when he is able to make connection to something long in the past, like Ace's tattoo with the S and Sabos pirate flag as a tribute to him.
MorayneMay 20, 2017 2:53 PM
May 20, 2017 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
Ah ah ah ah !

Can't stop lauging at this crap, sorry !

May 20, 2017 4:09 PM
Dec 2012
Morayne said:
zumac said:

Yes, unpredictability. Of course, right now as you've certainly read a good amount of the series as myself and already know what happens it can't be compared correctly. But when you read a new chapter and try to foresee what is going to happen it's very hard to predict what will happen. Oda plays a lot with villains, characters, sudden allies and introduces characters at parts that he will re-use for the future or even brings past villains as new allies in. While the arc scheme is often similar, it always plays out very differently. No one could predict things like Ace dying back then, strawhats completely losing on Shabody, Shanks appearing on Marine Ford and such or Raftel being in the centre of an X where the lines of the 4 islands match as in a "X marks the spot kind of way". I've been reading since 2005 and followed some forums too. When you didn't have the ability of reading all chapters in a row, stuff was very unpredictable. Many chapters are unpredictable in what's happening because Oda has a good overview of what will happen in it and loves to spread out multiple arc strings for various characters to (kind of) mislead the readers. He does this a lot and very well too. While twists and deus ex machinas in FT feel not only forced and pulled out of the ass, Oda's twists and deus ex machinas make sense when you think about them or will make a lot of sense in a later chapter. Have you ever stopped at a chapter and tried to predict what will happen, instead of immediately reading it? FT is so predictable because Mashima never tried to risk anything. Every time he pulled a big cliffhanger he never pulled it through, while Oda takes risks in his series like killing Ace or letting the whole crew getting beaten by Aokiji back then. Foreshadowing also plays a big part in the unpredictability and my respect always grows a bit bigger for Oda when he is able to make connection to something long in the past, like Ace's tattoo with the S and Sabos pirate flag as a tribute to him.
No, OP is not unpredictable. It's nowhere near it unlike HxH, which has no similar arcs and plays with the readers expectations. Antagonists like Hisoka, Meruem, Pariston, Illumi and Chrollo are also leagues above anything One Piece has to offer. So I would rather point to watching HxH instead of OP.
Also mostly bad series don't foreshadow.
May 20, 2017 4:18 PM

May 2015
tkrisz2 said:
I think the manga really is fucked when I enjoy reading all the hate-comments here a lot more than the manga itself.

Basically all the villains got defeated in the worst ways possible. 2 of them died of suicide, one died of a flying piece of wood piloted by an annoying side-character and a completely useless woman who was supposed to be important somehow. and then zeref gets 1-hit by the "flames of wild emotions" while Zeref was supposed to be a god-like being. LOL..

I know, I know, there are 9 chapters to go, but I can hardly ever imagine anything fixing this.

I totally agree with your opinion. FLAMES OF WILD EMOTIONSSSSSSS is now my personal number 1 in category "WTF IS THIS SHIT". It has even beaten "BROKEN ERZA VS. METEOR" event.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 20, 2017 5:03 PM

Feb 2017
Jellal >>> Acno confirmed.

Acno just isn't powerful enough to be considered ship tier.

Meanwhile Jellal oneshotted a ship in his fight against Neinhart, so obviously Jellal is way beyond ship tier.

He just went easy on Acno this time to make things more exciting.

And to think that people were saying that Zeref > August, hah.
Busti-chanMay 20, 2017 5:08 PM
May 20, 2017 6:27 PM

Jul 2014
Oh my God.... the fucking poll....
May 20, 2017 6:38 PM

Dec 2015
THAT WAS IT???
well... I'm speechless.
I mean the Tenrou arc has a better nakama power than that.
May 20, 2017 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
I can't believe I bought volumes to this shit.
May 20, 2017 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
Dumb ending - Natsu didn't really powerup that much. It's a long stretch to say he'd win with 1 punch like that, not to mention Achnologia being pushed in so easily. If Lucy hasn't died from rewriting the book my score will drop even more >.<

May 21, 2017 12:27 AM

Oct 2011
So.. Ichiya defeats Acnologia with a flying ship.

I'm done
May 21, 2017 2:59 AM

Feb 2017
I just can't get over it, the fact that I called it 2 months ago (chapter 528) that Acno is gonna get rekt by a boat.
It's like Mashima read my post back then and decided to make it the climax.

I have been laughing for an hour now, oh the sweet tears of the Zeref and Acno fanboys.
Thinking that they would save the ending.
Hilarious.

August was the only real threat after all, just as I predicted.
Busti-chanMay 21, 2017 3:06 AM
May 21, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah, this ending is anti climactic and I don't like it. However I knew zeref would be defeated like this. It was predictable hundreds of chapters ago.

Zeref is cursed with the curse of contradictions, making his entire existence a contradiction. He should be mortal, but he's immortal. The more he loves life, the more he takes it away. He wants his little brother to kill him, yet he wants to kill him.
Even his mind is contradicting itself.

So then how would he be killed? I didn't know exactly what shape it would take, but as soon as he took fairy heart it became obvious. When natsu attacked him he regenerated, showing that he has become immortal. However at the same time that was the first time in the entire series he was shown to have taken damage.
Before when natsu used igneel's power it did pretty much nothing to zeref, this time it obliterated his entire body.
He had actually become immortal. So with the curse of contradictions, he who should be immortal, is mortal.

At least that's how I would try and explain this ending... doesn't make it any less anti-climactic though. Especially for acnologia ^^
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 21, 2017 4:30 AM

Nov 2016
Flames of wild emotions lmao
May 21, 2017 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
And the bullshit continues...

10 chapters remaining to celebrate the end.
May 21, 2017 7:25 AM

Dec 2014
well that was awesome Zeref got owned and acknologia got defeated...
May 21, 2017 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
Whoa... this is ending soon. Is Mashima rushing it? Cos one punch and White God Zeref becomes nothing
May 21, 2017 1:27 PM
Oct 2013
Kuma said:
this is sooo anticlimatic, i dont even.... wow...

0ni_Link said:

wanna try black clover? they said it similar to fairy tail, but more well deliver...

Black Clover is fairly new. Fairy Tail used to be good around chapter 100 too.
IsterioMay 21, 2017 1:35 PM
May 21, 2017 1:59 PM

Apr 2017
Isterio said:
Kuma said:
this is sooo anticlimatic, i dont even.... wow...

wanna try black clover? they said it similar to fairy tail, but more well deliver...

Black Clover is fairly new. Fairy Tail used to be good around chapter 100 too.

I'm not trying to defend FT by saying this, but Black Clover is the most generic shonen ever, the amount of cringe in every chapter is ridiculous. I'm not expecting originality when it comes to battle shonen manga, but Black Clover is just like a compilation of different shonen tropes, pasted on a paper. But maybe it'll change for the better later on? If not it will end up as FT with this garbage writing.
May 21, 2017 2:12 PM

Sep 2014
Ain't nobody messing with Nakama Power. Guess that's it for Zeref. Now for Mavis to make him a good guy again, maybe.
I don't think this is the end of Acnologia but if it is that's really lame.

Only 10 chapters left huh, Hiro better make those ships nice at least. Not expecting anything good from the fights with how it's been for a while.
Saddens me to see FT in this state.
May 21, 2017 2:41 PM
Oct 2013
lvl21 said:

I'm not trying to defend FT by saying this, but Black Clover is the most generic shonen ever, the amount of cringe in every chapter is ridiculous. I'm not expecting originality when it comes to battle shonen manga, but Black Clover is just like a compilation of different shonen tropes, pasted on a paper. But maybe it'll change for the better later on? If not it will end up as FT with this garbage writing.

I understand your assesment. I have not read anything Black clover related yet, nor do I have any interest in it. Following solely the information I already have regarding it´s premise.

But, would you mind, elaborating on your definition, of the term generic in the context of Shounen Manga? I consider it to be in a similar predicament as the word "pretentious", regarding discussion over the internet. It has become to overused to retain it´s original meaning.

The word generic, signifies that the content of the contextual entity it is affiliated with, is universally accepted as common among it´s competition.
As far as I know, Black Clover is an underdog story, taking place in a fantastical setting. With a hero aiming for the highest position within his society. Who attains superpowers, after being introduced with none. In a world where superpowers are commonplace.

To me it sounds, exactly like the premise of MHA, whose praises are sung far and wide by it´s fans. What makes Black clover inferior in quality and more akin to it´s peers my comparision? Shounen Manga have a wide range and appeal. You have One Piece your favorites list. A series that shares five out of six commonalities with Black clover.

Don´t get me wrong One Piece is also one of my favorite series, but that´s highly because I was introduced to it 16 years ago.

If analyzed One Piece is too.

1. An underdog story,
2. With a main character that wants to be at the top of society.
3. With superpowers.
4. In a world where superpowers are common place
5. Taking place in a fantastical setting.

IsterioMay 21, 2017 8:41 PM
May 21, 2017 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
0ni_Link said:

Judging by what you read I'd say go for One Piece. It's just better in every way than this crap

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.