Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 23, 2017 10:50 PM

Nov 2013
Lucifer stole Maria's heart (literally) and made her her immortal minion. Savage as hell!

Clairvoyance by nipplesucking was interesting.

Next episode, off to Miami! I guess, Lucifer wants to get rid of that curse.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 25, 2017 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
MoonStar9 said:
How did Lucifer, the most powerful Angel get her ass beat by demons?

It was clearly explained that Belial cursed her.

MoonStar9 said:
Why are Satan and Lucifer two different characters?

This is not something to ask the writes of the anime. All demons in the series are named after the patron demons of the 7 deadly sins. Lucifer is the patron demon of Pride while Satan is the patron demon of Wrath. Why are they listed as different demons when they are canonically one and the same? No idea, but that's how the list goes. If there is someone that could answer your question, it's not the staff of this anime, but the writers from centuries ago that created the concept of patron demons.

MoonStar9 said:
Why is this boring human girl so important?

She is clearly not a normal human, as normal humans can't see angels and demons. I think it's pretty obvious that's the reason Lucifer made a contract with her. But I'm not sure on whether the powers Maria displayed at the end of this episode are naturally hers or were given to her by Lucifer's contract.
Apr 26, 2017 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
The op was a bit disappointing, the ed is kind of meh, I'm not impressed with the music in this show. This episode wasn't nearly as entertaining as the first, I'd like to see more episodes of the sins working together or at least interacting, since it's more interesting than seeing them one at a time. Then again, they sort of feel like the same template character with different features, Gluttony's eating, Sloth is probably on a screen or something, oh look Greed is counting money. Maybe having separate episodes would be more helpful in seeing how different they are.

Levi is...envious of Lucifer's treatment of Maria. Ok. That's pretty on the nose, I guess I wasn't expecting much else. I did glean a little bit from the ending of the elevator scene. To go with the seven sins, there's also seven virtues which you can practice to avoid succumbing to these sins:

Lust-Chastity
Temperance-Gluttony
Greed-Charity
Sloth-Diligence
Wrath-Patience
Envy-Kindness
Pride-Humility

Maria defeated Levi by admitting her feelings of worthlessness and expressing compassion to her: Maria talks about feeling like there's no one who she cares for and it's nice how Levi has someone who she loves. In Maria's eyes, instead of Levi craving attention and taking her anger out on Maria, it's like she has a person she cares about other than herself. In a way that Levi might not be familiar with. It's too early to credit the studio or the creators with any smart or interesting writing, since this episode left me mostly disappointed; however, I could sort of see Maria being challenged by each sin and somehow overcoming them, which would be a useful way for Lucifer to figure out how to beat them.

Another thought I had was, what if each episode was focused on a different sin, targeting a different random human? You could really emphasize how scary these characters are, I mean, they're DEMONS. Their whole goal is to torment humans and collect souls and stuff. Sort of like Hell Girl, where each episode featured a different person's plight which leads them to seeking help from hell to solve their problems. Like this episode could be about someone driven into ruin by their envy towards another person. But I guess that's not the direction they're aiming for.

Oh and Maria? She's just had her heart ripped out, and it's being held by a demon who seems pretty apathetic about whether she lives or dies. She's being dragged along like an accessory; she's forced into sexual situations which she wants no part in, and she's probably like 14 or 15. And she even manages to smile at the demons who was trying to kill her? If you're annoyed by her character, complain about the people who wrote her, not the character herself. She's handling all of this shit far better than any of us could, that's a fact. Like I know more about her than any of the other characters in this show.

I'm 99% I'll be following this one until the end, unless something so absolutely stupid or terrible happens that I can't stand to finish it. But like, I just finished Maken-Ki, so I don't know how this show could get any worse than that one.
Apr 26, 2017 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
Sigh... they're not even trying to make this one fun.
Apr 27, 2017 12:12 AM
Jan 2014
This is easily the best anime airing right now. It has top-tier quality in everything, the art, sound, story, characterization, animation.
We're only two episodes in and it already has one of the deepest plots in anime history. Hopefully they'll keep up the good work for the next 10 episodes.

Honestly, it's been years since an anime this good has aired.
Apr 28, 2017 1:54 AM
Aug 2014
I watch ecchi over any otaku pandering trap in another world shit any day. This show and Keijo are better than the spam of SAO clones.
Apr 30, 2017 10:40 AM

Feb 2013
The elevator scene was the only decent part of the episode. The rest was just stupid. Needs action to be watchable.
May 7, 2017 4:10 AM

Jul 2009
What a cheap OP, they just got the scenes of episode 1 to do it...I am just watching this for the yuri...
Jun 24, 2017 1:42 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah Lucifer is too much of an awful character for me. Nothings been explained and there isn't even much reason to enjoy the ecchi. May as well drop it early on.
Aug 12, 2017 1:05 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was ecchi :p quite nice "development" if you ask me :p

Once in a while I quite enjoy watching pure fan service anime like this ;p
Oct 20, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2011
The lewdness is strong in this episode, but I can't help feeling bad for Maria amidst the lewdness.

Also, I was right about this becoming borderline hentai, even including tentacles.
Hellbender87Oct 20, 2017 8:36 AM
Dec 4, 2017 11:55 PM

Mar 2015
Wut, why was the OP's footage basically episode 1 recap? Damn
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 4, 2019 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
Leviathan's obsession with Lucifer feels so damn forced, like she has no reason at all. Pretty boring episode.
May 8, 2021 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Gator said:
Leviathan's obsession with Lucifer feels so damn forced, like she has no reason at all. Pretty boring episode.

her reason is that she was Lucifer's fan way before she ended up in hell it was clear from EP1 beginning so its not forced
Jul 6, 2021 7:10 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent OP. The full version of the song is even better.

The lewdness level of this anime is pretty awesome.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

61 by marwanlol13 »»
Mar 18, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2017

171 by MyAssSmellsWeird »»
Dec 5, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2017

49 by Muow »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:40 AM

Poll: » Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2017

59 by AnimeBeefs »»
Oct 2, 2022 8:25 AM

» Does this anime have sex scenes in it?

Dinorexy007 - Mar 21, 2022

4 by Heavenly47 »»
Mar 21, 2022 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.