Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2017 2:49 PM

Oct 2014
I sent out a request for this to be added a while ago, but I haven't gotten a response. It's a professionally produced ONA series, but because of the intentionally secrecy of the project I don't know what studio was involved (they're using motion capture and Miku Miku Dance to animate it so it might not even have an official anime studio). I'm fairly certain it fits in with the rules of MAL, but if there's a reason why it doesn't I'd like to hear it.
Apr 12, 2017 1:22 AM

Jan 2011
How do you know it's a professionally produced series if you don't know what studio was involved? Or who the industry creators are?
Apr 12, 2017 1:52 AM

Oct 2014
lanblade said:
How do you know it's a professionally produced series if you don't know what studio was involved? Or who the industry creators are?
Well, I really heard it as more of an insult to it that it was made professionally rather than being made by an AI like the name would imply. Not sure if it's another "same thing" thing, but there's someone in MAL's database with the same name as the character designer who has done art for some light novels and his art style does look fairly similar to her design. We've seen anime with a single professional working on them added to the database before so that should be enough for it to count. https://myanimelist.net/people/28337
Apr 12, 2017 3:43 AM
Nov 2016
I know it's being made professionally because I saw an image of her voice actress in a recording studio.

Apr 12, 2017 12:00 PM

Jan 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
lanblade said:
Well, I really heard it as more of an insult to it that it was made professionally rather than being made by an AI like the name would imply. Not sure if it's another "same thing" thing, but there's someone in MAL's database with the same name as the character designer who has done art for some light novels and his art style does look fairly similar to her design. We've seen anime with a single professional working on them added to the database before so that should be enough for it to count. https://myanimelist.net/people/28337

The professional working on it has to be of high level. Like a director, producer, etc. Not just anybody who has worked in the industry. B/c then the database would be flooded with thousands and thousands of shitty animations made by in-between animator's portfolios. And the same for every key animator, and every storyboarder, every background artist, etc as there are lots of job positions and its easy to be hired by a studio doing low level work regardless of skill.

This is is the same reasoning that anime which have won awards are accepted only if it's a well known recognized award, so animation from some region prefecture festival that won 2nd place wouldn't be allowed in the database.

But this would be the first time I'm seeing a mangaka involvement as the basis for the 'professional' part of the rules. So IDK if the guidelines still consider that clause valid like the award part or if it has underlying context like the "professionally produced" part of the normal anime clause. [Because this person is credited for doing artwork for light novels. That's like 10 pictures a volume....so they've like drawn 55 pictures. Way less work than some no-name mangaka who drew an entire volume which is ~200 pages.]

haha said:
I know it's being made professionally because I saw an image of her voice actress in a recording studio.

Anyone can rent time at recording studios. Popular utaite do this quite often. As do indie bands who want to release an independent CD (and hopefully get heard by a big wig so they can be signed up for a label).
lanbladeApr 12, 2017 8:46 PM
Apr 26, 2017 8:44 AM

Jan 2017
her videos are great the third is the most funny and cute

Aug 11, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2014
https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%25E7%25B5%2586%25E6%2584%259B&prev=search

It has a Wikipedia page now. The character designer also now has a role in an anime, which could be a better case for him being a professional. That anime is also from a very new studio with no other works which could be the studio it's from (can't be certain, though).

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8686 by Psychomorphosis »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Apr 24, 7:33 AM

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.