Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 7, 2017 2:47 AM

Jun 2015
I am reading the official release form Yen Press and I have read volume 4+5 and I don't really get what's happening. It's so confusing, it might be because English isn't my first language but I'm sure that I can read and understand enough to read a book (I read a lot of English books). Am I the only one having this problem?
I think that the translation itself is flawed.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 11, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2015
why do you think the novel is so terrible? I admit is hard to read because it has a different style than a normal book (short paragraphs, too many dashes... ) but it makes sense. English is not my first language either and I understood what was going on :/

You also need to consider the fact that the author was originally a mangaka so his writing skills are not superb....
Apr 11, 2017 7:48 AM

Mar 2017
-have you watched the anime? pretty easy to understand unlike the manga

Apr 11, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2015
RoyalKuuro said:
-have you watched the anime? pretty easy to understand unlike the manga

I did and I loved it. That is what made me interested in the novel.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 11, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2015
Ruu said:
why do you think the novel is so terrible? I admit is hard to read because it has a different style than a normal book (short paragraphs, too many dashes... ) but it makes sense. English is not my first language either and I understood what was going on :/

You also need to consider the fact that the author was originally a mangaka so his writing skills are not superb....

I don't get what's going on tbh It feels like I'm just reading text.
I understand every word but still it feels like I don't get it.
Apr 11, 2017 10:02 AM

May 2015
Takamura-sama said:
Ruu said:

I don't get what's going on tbh It feels like I'm just reading text.
I understand every word but still it feels like I don't get it.

mmm what's the part that you don't get? volume 5? Some explanations can be a little messy but if you reread it it should be fine..
Apr 11, 2017 10:09 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe you can't concentrate? I personally forget what I read when I'm not focused.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 11, 2017 10:14 AM

May 2010
Are you not used to reading LN? All LN has almost 0 narrative. I was like that when I first started reading LN too. They don't give much to entice imagination, so most of them look like empty dialogues.

They have some illustrations right? Go back to it once in awhile to make sense of the situation in the novel sometimes.
Apr 11, 2017 11:19 AM

Sep 2016
Just try either other translation or getting it in your language.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Apr 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2015
petalshreds said:
Are you not used to reading LN? All LN has almost 0 narrative. I was like that when I first started reading LN too. They don't give much to entice imagination, so most of them look like empty dialogues.

They have some illustrations right? Go back to it once in awhile to make sense of the situation in the novel sometimes.

I read SAO up to volume 9 , Monogatari series up to Bakemonogatari second volume, Dungeon, log horizon so I'm not THAT inexpierenced. it's just this novel
Apr 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2015
petalshreds said:

I read SAO up to volume 9 , Monogatari series up to Bakemonogatari second volume, Dungeon, log horizon so I'm not THAT inexpierenced. it's just this novel
Apr 11, 2017 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, that is the problem with Light Novels. The style is not only different, the writing itself is just plain bad. It's almost like halfway between a playwright and a novel; it doesn't sit well with me.

Some novels are straightforward, I'm guessing that was the case for the Monogatari Series and SAO. No Game No Life is written in such as way that the author is trying to make the text seem clever, but the writing itself is just plain dumb. I don't think you should worry about it.
Dec 7, 2018 7:03 PM

Sep 2017
Nah it’s not just you
Jan 9, 2019 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, it's fine imo.
Jul 20, 2019 7:04 AM
Jun 2019
I don't think it was that bad....rather I would say it was good....hoping for a Season2.....
Jul 20, 2019 7:33 AM

Jun 2016
Yes it's not that good. The anime is much better
Sep 27, 2021 7:56 AM
Mar 2009
Takamura-sama said:
I am reading the official release form Yen Press and I have read volume 4+5 and I don't really get what's happening. It's so confusing, it might be because English isn't my first language but I'm sure that I can read and understand enough to read a book (I read a lot of English books). Am I the only one having this problem?
I think that the translation itself is flawed.

Not just you. I feel the same way.
I'm exaxtly in the same shoes.
Oct 3, 2021 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
not really any problem
Feb 26, 2023 8:58 AM
Jan 2020
It's different but i am loving it! Sometimes I too have hard time reading few lines but I won't say the author's writing is bad, infact, for me, his writing is great!

U should start from vol 1 imo, instead of starting at vol 4 as u already watched the anime.

More topics from this board

» State of the Light Novel / Manga

ateks - Jul 6, 2022

5 by Azani »»
Apr 12, 1:52 AM

» any news?

monke_guy - Feb 28

11 by monke_guy »»
Mar 1, 12:37 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Chapter 14 Discussion

y2k890 - Mar 27, 2016

2 by Rezete_01 »»
Jan 4, 4:38 PM

» Season 2 for anime?

KillerMammoth - Jul 9, 2014

1 by yssfbrrd »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:22 PM

» No Game No Life Volume 12 Discussion

HaXXspetten - Dec 17, 2023

11 by Masshiroi »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.