Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2017 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
He had that altana crystal that had her planets altana in it and supposedly if he implanted it in her she would have been supplied with altana and lived...

he tried to show it to kamui but kamui cut his arm off, however, the crystal only fell on the ground a few feet away from him, and he obviously picked it up and kept it when kamui left because he still had it to try to kill utsuro with...

im confused why after kamui left and he had his arm patched up, why didnt he put the crystal in his wife and save her then? its like he just put the crystal in his pocket and said screw it.

his wife obviously died later on after umibozu had left on another trip why would he go on another trip and leave his sick wife and daughter in that situation after kamui left when he had the crystal he had been looking for for so long? and only come back when she dies?

seems like a plot hole or am i missing something?

i mean it was obviously the same crystal as after he stuck it in utsuro he called it the final gift he wasnt able to give to his wife? but why the hell couldnt he put it in her? there was nothing stopping him after kamui left and he fixed his arm up right? i mean he coulda wrapped his arm up with a bandage right there and done it no? (as gin says one or two lopped off arms wont stop that monster)

even if he was depressed over kamui leaving, i dont see that stopping him and him letting his wife die ,so i just cant comprehend this logic..
removed-userMar 27, 2017 8:41 PM
Mar 27, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2015
Well I think he did try to save her with the crystals, he had hunted multiple crystals and extended her life span a little but the last one didn't saved her because she was dying. He then kept that last crystal as a memory of her and was used to Utsuro

the altana crystal would only saved her life temporarily.

atlst thats how I understood it.
QueenSapphireMar 27, 2017 9:21 PM
Mar 27, 2017 9:11 PM

Mar 2017
Altana crystal just gave her live a little longer not cured her. So Umibozu tried to find another crystal. Anime cut some important conversations so better read the manga.
FeministSenpaiMar 27, 2017 9:15 PM
Mar 27, 2017 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
QueenSapphire said:
Well that part was also slightly confusing, but I think he did try to save her with the crystal, he had hunted multiple crystals and quite extended her life span but the last one didn't save her because she was dying.

that altana crystal would only saved her life temporarily. Kouka's dying and He had no time to look for another crystal, Imagine how long he had looked for that one crystal.

atlst thats how I understood it.

hmm when watching it seemed to me from when kamui said she was immortal and would never have died if she stayed on that planet, and utsuro saying he couldnt believe there was another being like him in this universe that someone actually saw die, that she was just like utsuro, as long as she had altana she would constantly regenerate.

in other words, he could have done the same thing he did to utsuro shove it in her chest and since it was from her own planets altana not another planet it would save her and she would regenerate.... however im sure he would have been more gentle with his wife ;)

or even bring a doctor over and have a doctor put her to sleep and implant it in her body....

she would have at least lived longer than a year it seems (she died when kagura looked the same age as when kamui left)

so i just dont understand the way the show displays it it seems like he just puts the crystal in his pocket, forgets about it, and goes on adventures and leaves his sick wife with his baby daughter then comes back when she dies, no?
Mar 27, 2017 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
danangafnan said:
Altana crystal just gave her live a little longer not cured her. So Umibozu tried to find another crystal. Anime cut some important conversations so better read the manga.

okay that makes sense, seems like an important aspect to cut out , they could have easily fit a line like that in and just had the anime play over the first couple seconds of the ending credits or something..

kinda like them cutting out abutos dialogue commenting on umibozu vs utsuro... or so ive heard..

i guess i do need to read the manga then..
removed-userMar 27, 2017 9:26 PM
Mar 27, 2017 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
another question...

if utsuro wants to die... and all he needs is to run out of altana to die... why does he not just go to some far off planet and wait to die?

he told umibozu - if i could die that easily, i wouldnt have such a hard time...

however , the only reason he lived is because he regenerated from his lopped off right arm...and after he did that he ran out of altana and had to leave..

so it seems to me that if he REALLY wanted to , he could die...
just go to some far off isolated planet with different altana and constantly commit suicide no?

in fact, he could have just stayed on rakuyo then and gin or kamui could have killed him when they showed up as, ... he was out of altana?

does he REALLY want to die or is he just being emo?
Mar 27, 2017 9:35 PM

Mar 2017
GarudaAiacos said:
another question...

if utsuro wants to die... and all he needs is to run out of altana to die... why does he not just go to some far off planet and wait to die?

he told umibozu - if i could die that easily, i wouldnt have such a hard time...

however , the only reason he lived is because he regenerated from his lopped off right arm...and after he did that he ran out of altana and had to leave..

just go to some far off isolated planet with different altana and constantly commit suicide no?

in fact, he could have just stayed on rakuyo then and gin or kamui could have killed him when they showed up as, ... he was out of altana?

Iam not sure maybe Utsuro wants everyone die with him.
Mar 27, 2017 9:39 PM

Dec 2015
GarudaAiacos said:

so i just dont understand the way the show displays it it seems like he just puts the crystal in his pocket, forgets about it, and goes on adventures and leaves his sick wife with his baby daughter then comes back when she dies, no?

He always leaves because he was hunting/looking for altana crytals, I guess everytime he leaves and returns he always brought the altana crystal to his wife, so that one crystal we saw when Kamui chopped of his arm is not the only crystal. but just like what I said the crystal could only extend her life a little until she couldn't live anymore therefore the last crystal he brought was left unused and he kept it and used it to utsuro instead.

The anime didn't quite explain that so it's slightly confusing.
Mar 27, 2017 9:41 PM

Mar 2017
GarudaAiacos said:
danangafnan said:

okay that makes sense, seems like an important aspect to cut out , they could have easily fit a line like that in and just had the anime play over the first couple seconds of the ending credits or something..

kinda like them cutting out abutos dialogue commenting on umibozu vs utsuro... or so ive heard..

i guess i do need to read the manga then..

The manga started from 552. Anime version was too fast. Maybe it was supposed to be 15 episodes.
Mar 27, 2017 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
danangafnan said:
GarudaAiacos said:
another question...

lol true .. he did say that he got to experience the fear of death but that was just an opening act for whats to come... so i guess he just doesnt want to die until he completes whatever his master plan is and thats why he regenerated himself and left? or maybe he only wants to be killed by someone truly worthy that can kill him...

he said it was a shame that not even umibozu could kill him...

it could also have something to do with him telling gin that he cannot be killed by a demon or monsters sword, only the sword of a human?

so maybe he wants gin to kill him or someone with a good heart?
Mar 27, 2017 9:57 PM

Mar 2017
GarudaAiacos said:
danangafnan said:

lol true .. he did say that he got to experience the fear of death but that was just an opening act for whats to come... so i guess he just doesnt want to die until he completes whatever his master plan is and thats why he regenerated himself and left? or maybe he only wants to be killed by someone truly worthy that can kill him...

he said it was a shame that not even umibozu could kill him...

it could also have something to do with him telling gin that he cannot be killed by a demon or monsters sword, only the sword of a human?

so maybe he wants gin to kill him or someone with a good heart?

About human swords, Iam not sure but maybe has the same meaning with freeing someone from guilty like in Shinigami arc. Shouyo thanked to Gintoki because finally he could be executed by human and die as human. Based on that, maybe you are right that Utsuro can be killed by someone that at least still has human heart.
FeministSenpaiMar 27, 2017 10:01 PM
Mar 28, 2017 3:08 AM

Feb 2016
Another question

Why didn't utsoro destroy altana on earth like he did to other planets instead of starting a galactic war on earth to destroy it
Does he want to get revenge from the whole world ????
Mar 28, 2017 3:52 AM

Oct 2016
Kja95 said:
Another question

Why didn't utsoro destroy altana on earth like he did to other planets instead of starting a galactic war on earth to destroy it

Exploding altana can destroy the population but not necessarily the entire planet itself. (Remember the scenes the episode flashes to when Utsuro made his speech, there are people standing in a relative distance from the explosion who survived) Recall the situation is not entirely unlike Kouan, where the altana went berserk in a different manner, except it manifests in a living creature called the Orochi. The new planet simply cannot sustain human beings and other animals that originally lives there, but it is highly likely, given natural selection and evolution, that new creatures arise, and it is almost certain that Utsuro will still survive. Then who knows how many years more it would take for the altana supply to finally deplete as it had with Kouan?
Mar 28, 2017 3:53 AM

Sep 2016
why isn't kagura mom immortal like utsuro lol.
kagura mom is dying while utsuro is too healthy.
inconsistency?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 28, 2017 3:54 AM

Oct 2016
GangsterCat said:
inconsistency?

She left the planet her source of altana for too long. Recall Utsuro, too, couldn't fully regenerate after his fight with Umibouzu. This means Utsuro can die if that's all he wants, but he also happens to want to destroy humanity to end suffering.
Mar 28, 2017 4:16 AM

Sep 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
GangsterCat said:
inconsistency?

She left the planet her source of altana for too long. Recall Utsuro, too, couldn't fully regenerate after his fight with Umibouzu. This means Utsuro can die if that's all he wants, but he also happens to want to destroy humanity to end suffering.
doesn't make any sense. if he can die whenever he wants he should just die alone. there is no reason to destroy earth besides revenge to earthling and i don't see utsuro showing revenge motivation at all.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 28, 2017 4:38 AM

Oct 2016
GangsterCat said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

doesn't make any sense. if he can die whenever he wants he should just die alone. there is no reason to destroy earth besides revenge to earthling and i don't see utsuro showing revenge motivation at all.

Well, he was killed over and over a little bit by the humans when he was younger, if that's enough motivation for you. As for why he provoked the other planets rather than simply blowing up earth, refer to my previous comment in response to @Kja95
Mar 28, 2017 4:39 AM

Sep 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
GangsterCat said:

Well, he was killed over and over a little bit by the humans when he was younger, if that's enough motivation for you.
he seems super calm and not care at all
CrossAnge

Mar 28, 2017 4:41 AM

Oct 2016
GangsterCat said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

Well, he was killed over and over a little bit by the humans when he was younger, if that's enough motivation for you.

A single reason for existing and a single unchanging personality, his personas were artificially created with the purpose of coping with his emotions, if he's NOT calm then he'd simply switch to another persona.
Mar 28, 2017 4:44 AM

Aug 2014
GangsterCat said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

As you see in the final episode, he was killed and reborn so many times, to the point he just didn't care anylonger, and only lived for the sake of it. By the end of it all, he has killed and been killed, but never got to experience death, so he just goes around killing people left and right, because Umibozu is the only one who actually made him feel death, and even he failed to completely kill him. He likely continues his killing spree, hoping there might be someone who can eventually put an end to his existance, but having lived for such a long ass time as him, he don't have much hopes.
Mar 28, 2017 4:48 AM

Feb 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
Kja95 said:
Another question

Exploding altana can destroy the population but not necessarily the entire planet itself. (Remember the scenes the episode flashes to when Utsuro made his speech, there are people standing in a relative distance from the explosion who survived) Recall the situation is not entirely unlike Kouan, where the altana went berserk in a different manner, except it manifests in a living creature called the Orochi. The new planet simply cannot sustain human beings and other animals that originally lives there, but it is highly likely, given natural selection and evolution, that new creatures arise, and it is almost certain that Utsuro will still survive. Then who knows how many years more it would take for the altana supply to finally deplete as it had with Kouan?

quite get what you mean but in the end utsoro won't die until he makes the tondoshou and earth suffer the same he did right ???

Another question

As we saw with kagura's mum only the altana of the same planet can make her alive

So the reason of utsoro destroy altana of other planets not because it will help him die but because to start a massive war on earth to destroy the whole planet so that he can finally die beside the reason of revenge I suppose

Right ???
Mar 28, 2017 4:50 AM

Oct 2016
Kja95 said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

quite get what you mean but in the end utsoro won't die until he makes the tondoshou and earth suffer the same he did right ???

Another question

As we saw with kagura's mum only the altana of the same planet can make her alive

So the reason of utsoro destroy altana of other planets not because it will help him die but because to start a massive war on earth to destroy the whole planet so that he can finally die beside the reason of revenge I suppose

Right ???

Yes, that's the explanation we are given.
Mar 28, 2017 5:13 AM

Feb 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
Kja95 said:

Another question

Right ???

Well it makes sense the story is now completely clear to me

Thanks toooo much for this and also for the explanation of why didn't unibozo put the altana crystal inside kagura's mum when She was about to die and why he was traveling so many times when his wife was severely ill

I think the anime should have explained things a bit more
I know they have cut alot of dialogues from the manga

Anyway another great season ends and again will miss gintama...
Mar 28, 2017 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
Germs_N_Spices said:
Kja95 said:

Another question

Right ???

Yes I agree with above poster thanks alot for all the help.
I had never found plot holes in gintama before and its one of my favorite shows so its good to know they either didnt translate right or just left a few lines out of the manga...

i always meant to read the manga anyway..

anyways, thanks for all the help.
Mar 28, 2017 6:46 AM

Jul 2015
GangsterCat said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

Like I fucking said before, he wants ALSO wants to fuck over the Tendoshou for everything that they done to him, so his Final plan is killing two birds with one Stone since he gets to destroy everything the Tendoshou's built and themselves....while getting to die in the process
Sup...
Mar 29, 2017 9:59 AM

Jun 2012
GarudaAiacos said:
another question...

Dying a "normal" death and suicide are different things. It's the samurai era, so suicide ain't an option. To boot the anime goes philosophical many times, he said numerous times that dying and living has become meaningless to him, the consequence making him "empty", so suicide would be even more a useless option for dying.
He wants to have a meaningful death, from what I speculate he is grooming his disciples so that they can kill him permanently(have seen this in other animes too). Don't worry, the reason must be in the manga since it's ending, so they will adapt it sooner or later.
You are right, the thingy about the crystals! What a big stupid mistake leaving that out of the anime. Here was I thinking that Kouka was never given a crystal...
SnaitaMar 29, 2017 10:03 AM
Mar 30, 2017 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Snaita said:
GarudaAiacos said:
another question...

Dying a "normal" death and suicide are different things. It's the samurai era, so suicide ain't an option. To boot the anime goes philosophical many times, he said numerous times that dying and living has become meaningless to him, the consequence making him "empty", so suicide would be even more a useless option for dying.
He wants to have a meaningful death, from what I speculate he is grooming his disciples so that they can kill him permanently(have seen this in other animes too). Don't worry, the reason must be in the manga since it's ending, so they will adapt it sooner or later.
You are right, the thingy about the crystals! What a big stupid mistake leaving that out of the anime. Here was I thinking that Kouka was never given a crystal...

yeah i see what you mean about him grooming his students to kill him and also that ties back into him telling gintoki that a sword of a monster cannot kill him, only a human. So he wants someone with a good heart to kill him and as you say give him a meaningful death.

That reasoning is also a throwback to the Yoshiwara in Flames arc, with Tsukuyo's sensei Jiraiya training and wanting to make her strong in order for him to die at her hand.
Sep 26, 2019 1:50 PM
Apr 2018
GarudaAiacos said:
another question...

Utsuro just doesn't make sense. He wants to die to end his suffering. He can run out of Altana, as shown by his fight with Umibozu. So literally all he had to do was throw himself into the sun or a black hole. And if he really wanted to destroy the earth, instead of committing genocide and starting a galactic war, he could've have just blown up the planet. We know technology capable of that exists due to the Beam Saber arc and it being mentioned that Altana allowed weapons capable of destroying planets to be created

More topics from this board

» Anyone could explain ep 12 i couldnt able to understand whats happening?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 15

6 by seelenfresser51 »»
Feb 17, 2:10 PM

» Katsura loves ikumatsu ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 16

4 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Feb 16, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 22, 2017

109 by otakuweek »»
Jan 11, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 26, 2017

187 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 19, 2017

67 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.