Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 26, 2017 9:57 PM

Nov 2012
Did Ufotable oversleep and miss the bidding session for the rights to anime? Not trying to bash A-1 but Ufotable made the fate series GREAT! Anyone know why A-1 is doing Apocrypha and not Ufotable?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2017 10:07 PM

Jan 2009
well ask Type-Moon they are the main source of funding for any anime of Fate franchise since they are the original rights owner and publisher of all Fate products anyway

my guess is that ufotable is busy working on Heaven's Feel trilogy movies and other anime adaptation they are hired with like the upcoming samurai action anime they are working

you have to remember that when it comes to anime adaptations the source material owners like light novel or game publishers have the authority and money to hire which anime studio they choose since usually source material rights owners are usually on the top of production committees
Mar 26, 2017 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
j0x said:
well ask Type-Moon they are the main source of funding for any anime of Fate franchise since they are the original rights owner and publisher of all Fate products anyway

my guess is that ufotable is busy working on Heaven's Feel trilogy movies and other anime adaptation they are hired with like the upcoming samurai action anime they are working

you have to remember that when it comes to anime adaptations the source material owners like light novel or game publishers have the authority and money to hire which anime studio they choose since usually source material rights owners are usually on the top of production committees

Wow and I call myself a fate fan... I totally forgot about Heavens Feel movies, that make sense. Thanks!
Mar 26, 2017 10:17 PM

Nov 2012
ufotable is already working on the HF movies and the touken ranbu adaptation so unless you want another scheduling disaster like god eater it's probably for the best they're not working on it
Apr 10, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
To add, A-1 animated FGO's OP and CMs, so the choice is not totally out of the blue.
Apr 10, 2017 8:52 PM

Apr 2015
c'mon A-1 it's not that bad, and also I don't think ufotable fits the theme of this Fate/Apocrypha. if I remember correctly it's more colorful tone than other fate/series.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Apr 11, 2017 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
Anime-is-King said:
Did Ufotable oversleep and miss the bidding session for the rights to anime? Not trying to bash A-1 but Ufotable made the fate series GREAT! Anyone know why A-1 is doing Apocrypha and not Ufotable?

A-1 Pictures makes high quality titles and I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with them taking on this project. On the contrary - handing the reins over to someone other than ufotable might be refreshing and give this anime a different feel.

The only thing that makes me slightly apprehensive is that the people handling this series aren't very experienced or highly regarded. The director for example held the helm only on one occasion - with "Charlotte". Still, I have high hopes for this one and can't wait to watch it :]
Apr 11, 2017 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
Current Ufotable is pretty much terrible, so you should be happy about this change. They already ruined God Eater and Tales of Zestiria. Also, their UBW adaptation was garbage.
Apr 11, 2017 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
[...]Also, their UBW adaptation was garbage.

Akurat jestem w trakcie oglądania :D
I think that maybe it was meant to be flawed - because they knew that they will be making "Heaven's Feel" which will for example flesh out other characters.
Apr 14, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2011
I don't really get all the Ufotable dick ridding. They haven't really been in top form since Fate/Zero Garden of Sinners days. A-1 is more than capable of handling this adaptation well. Will they do a good job or not we wont know till July. I don't particularly have high hopes for this since the source material is meh. Will watch for loli Jack and Mordred if nothing else.

Only Fate adaptation I'm hyped for is Heaven's Feel. Hopefully Ufotable will be in top form with those movies. It's been a while since they were announced.
Apr 16, 2017 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
Basically because of 2 things:

1 - Ufotable has it's hands full at the moment, and HF as it is will take them 3 years to finish. Type-Moon cannot wait for that long.

2 - They are not financially ok right now so they really have no more money to put into anime quality the likes of UBW and Fate/Zero. UBW sell not as well as they expected and because of that they are concentration only on HF for now.

I do hope they will animate Fate route before ending their deal with Type-Moon ( highly requested route in Japan btw ) but as far as things are going that is going to be given to some other studio as well.

As far as A-1 goes they did SAO and GATE. I have faith in this studio.

And as already some have pointed - Apocrypha is much bigger story than FSN ever was and they doubt that Ufotable woudl be able to capture everything perfectly with tight schedule they already have.

Apr 19, 2017 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
BrotherCoa said:

As far as A-1 goes they did SAO and GATE.

Reason I'm worried.
Apr 19, 2017 6:05 PM

Apr 2013
DarkAngelWJ said:
BrotherCoa said:

As far as A-1 goes they did SAO and GATE.

Reason I'm worried.

I don't understand your problem. From a production standpoint, apart from the red dragon, "Gate" was good (I haven't seen "SAO") - even something like "Ao no Exorcist" stood out from other similar Shounen series. And then there's "Your Lie in April" and "Erased"...
MidgardsormApr 20, 2017 2:51 AM
May 13, 2017 12:10 PM

May 2016
I liked FZ but not FSN so I don't think a change is bad.
As long as they are not the ones who directed boku dake ga inai machi it will be fine.
May 13, 2017 4:00 PM

Feb 2015
I have faith in A-1 - they're behind a lot of my favourite shows so I have no qualms about this really. Honestly, I think we should just be glad we're not getting another Lay-duce disaster like with Grand Order.

May 18, 2017 7:28 PM
May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Current Ufotable is pretty much terrible, so you should be happy about this change. They already ruined God Eater and Tales of Zestiria. Also, their UBW adaptation was garbage.
Bruh, Tales of Zestiria was already shit to begin with..And by shit, I mean the source material is shit so the adaptation will suffer. ufotable tried to make it good but at the end, they tried everything and it was still shit. I swear to god, the dungeons in that game made me fucking fall asleep and made Bloodborne's dungeons not boring at all. Don't even get me started on the supposed "main heroine" of the game.

I sold that shit for Berseria and it was the best decision I ever made.

Jun 7, 2017 2:06 AM
May 2015
Wait
A-1 trying to do Fate after ufotable?
Uwudheifshdjfh :D
Lol
Ok we will see how they fail
Jun 11, 2017 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
Thats a pretty sad way of thinking:(

Simply selecting what anime should be done by certain production based on their past works is not encourage, of course it doesn't mean you can't do that also. But saying "disappointed" was a bit overkill(and rude also), A-1 is definately not a cheap production nor Ufotable can do the best fighting scene.

A-1 is suitable to do it or not, we can only wait and see. Then we will decide ourself.
Jun 11, 2017 1:30 PM
Jul 2015
At first I was very disappointed in the studio choice.
But then some people mentioned that Fate/Apocrypha is much more "lighthearted and colorful" than fate/zero. They also advised me not to expect a dark, gripping and tragic battle royale of epic scale, but rather except a standard battle anime with a useless/expendable Male MC surrounded with, you guessed it, beautiful waifus that are "strong" and "brave" but end up being saved by Male MC anyway.
A small glimmer of hope in me still holds on to the idea that apocrypha might be the IT anime of 2017 that'll blow my mind (In story, characters, music and animation), but I won't hold my breath.
Jun 12, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2013
Gyappu said:
At first I was very disappointed in the studio choice.
But then some people mentioned that Fate/Apocrypha is much more "lighthearted and colorful" than fate/zero. They also advised me not to expect a dark, gripping and tragic battle royale of epic scale, but rather except a standard battle anime with a useless/expendable Male MC surrounded with, you guessed it, beautiful waifus that are "strong" and "brave" but end up being saved by Male MC anyway.
A small glimmer of hope in me still holds on to the idea that apocrypha might be the IT anime of 2017 that'll blow my mind (In story, characters, music and animation), but I won't hold my breath.

OK, let's analyze this carefully. Those people certainly told the truth when they said Apocrypha is "lighthearted and colorful" when compared to Fate/Zero. The thing is, being light when compared to a product of Urobuchi’s despair syndrome hardly means much. For example, one could reasonably say that Fate and UBW are lighthearted stories when compared to the grittiness of Heaven’s Feel.

About the useless MC thing, I am not surprised they said this. Sieg always had lots of haters, and I really don’t want to start a discussion on whether he is a good MC or not before the anime even premiered. As for the Waifu part, WHAT? The only characters that “surround” the MC are the Female lead and a guy (a trap, but still!)
Jun 12, 2017 10:36 PM

Nov 2014
Fate is shit anyway. It doesn't matter which studio animates it as it will still be shit.
Jun 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Nov 2014
SabrinaKhuntia said:
@mizukasa RIP but you rated them all an 8/10

I'm baiting Fate fanboys.
Jun 16, 2017 7:41 PM

Nov 2012
mizukasa said:
SabrinaKhuntia said:
@mizukasa RIP but you rated them all an 8/10

Need to be more creative than that young padiwan
Jun 16, 2017 9:23 PM

Nov 2009
mizukasa said:
Fate is shit anyway.

I agree with that statement, except unironically.
Jun 16, 2017 10:51 PM

Nov 2014
Anime-is-King said:
mizukasa said:

By 'fanboys' I meant them childish/immature ones. But I guess Fate doesn't have many of those 'fanboys' I'm talking about. SAO has a lot though.
mizukasaJun 16, 2017 10:54 PM
Jun 17, 2017 5:06 AM

Apr 2016
It'll probably be better than that god awful Fate/Grand Order: First Order that was done by Lay-Duce half a year ago.
Jun 17, 2017 8:16 AM
Jul 2015
mizukasa said:
Anime-is-King said:

By 'fanboys' I meant them childish/immature ones. But I guess Fate doesn't have many of those 'fanboys' I'm talking about. SAO has a lot though.

Thank you. You are a wonderful person who deserves happiness.
You have reminded me of so many hilarious, unexpectedly entertaining "discussions" I have had the pleasure to witness in regards to the "SAO is shit" VS "SAO is our holy bible" wars.
Ahh the good old days. I really wish summer 2017 brings out a similar controversial anime. I miss the deliciously vicious bloodshed in the comments.
Jun 18, 2017 10:19 PM

Mar 2017
Oh wow, Anime-only Fate elitist fan really is cancerous

I don't see a problem here. The PVs looks pretty great so far.
Jun 19, 2017 7:33 AM

Nov 2015
I rather Ufotable adapt Fate/Strange Fake when they have time (and source material is finished) since it plays in the same canon universe (very likely an UBW sequel) and Apocrypha is another timeline so, let Ufotable do the canon, the main timeline stuff and let other studios do the alternative universe spin-offs.
Jun 19, 2017 7:52 AM

Feb 2016
A-1 has a history of their anime being uneven, SAO gets a pass because no matter how well you decorate shit it is still shit they did a great job with the OST and fight scenes. Erased was a 10/10 until the disastrous last few episodes, while AnoHana was a 10/10 (imo).

Sieg (the MC) will be a polarizing character to some, and some people will be annoyed at how lighthearted the anime is compared to how Fate/Zero was and how HF will be.

Zerofags will probably hate this, Fate fans will love it, and I feel like watchers new to the fate series should enjoy this anime as long as A-1 doesn't fuck it up (which shouldn't happen)
Jun 19, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
HumbertoZero said:
I rather Ufotable adapt Fate/Strange Fake when they have time (and source material is finished) since it plays in the same canon universe (very likely an UBW sequel) and Apocrypha is another timeline so, let Ufotable do the canon, the main timeline stuff and let other studios do the alternative universe spin-offs.

But Strange/Fake IS a spin-off. And pretty much all spin-offs have now been confirmed canon via GO, including Apo and Zero.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 19, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not that concerned about ufotable not doing this, but about how many episodes the anime will have, tbh.
Jun 19, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
SabrinaKhuntia said:
Illyricus said:
I'm not that concerned about ufotable not doing this, but about how many episodes the anime will have, tbh.

Yeah. Hopefully, there's over 20 (since there were 5 LNs).
12-13 episodes would probably be way too rushed.
About 24/26 episodes like the Index adaptations would be the ideal, but I'm not opposed to a two separated cour anime like ufotable did either.

I hope they don't adapt everything in 12/13 episodes, but I have the feeling they will do that. I hope being wrong.
Jun 19, 2017 12:36 PM

Nov 2015
mira-pyon said:
HumbertoZero said:

But Strange/Fake IS a spin-off. And pretty much all spin-offs have now been confirmed canon via GO, including Apo and Zero.

Zero is a spinoff. Canon prequel of FSN.

And the rest of the spinoffs, they are based on other universes, timelines. They are not part of the canon of the maintimeline FSN sets.
I mean, it's basic multiverse. Everything is "canon" because...multiverse; there's another universe where it is possible. Hell, even fanfiction can be considered canon because of that same reason.
Jun 19, 2017 1:22 PM

Aug 2010
HumbertoZero said:
mira-pyon said:

And the rest of the spinoffs, they are based on other universes, timelines. They are not part of the canon of the maintimeline FSN sets.
I mean, it's basic multiverse. Everything is "canon" because...multiverse; there's another universe where it is possible. Hell, even fanfiction can be considered canon because of that same reason.

Fate/Zero doesn't happen in the same universe as Fate/Stay Night, though. It's canon, but it's not a direct prequel. This was confirmed by Nasu.

Also, only the things licensed by TM are canon, and, as far as Fate is concerned at least, that includes: Grand Order, Zero, Apocrypha, Strange Fake, Prisma Illya, Extra, CCC, Extella, Melty Blood: BAAN and a version of Prototype and its prequel. Also, well, F/GO, thanks to being the biggest haven for canon Nasuverse crossovers, is what constitutes what is canon now and what isn't.
astroprogsJun 19, 2017 2:31 PM
Jun 19, 2017 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
SabrinaKhuntia said:
Illyricus said:

Yeah. Hopefully, there's over 20 (since there were 5 LNs).
12-13 episodes would probably be way too rushed.

"Way too rushed"? I honestly have no idea how they would do that. Fate series are naturally dense, with many exposition moments between battles, and those are always important for both worldbuilding and character development. On top of that this one has 25 characters to manage. Adapting everything in one cour seems flat-out impossible to me. Hell, even with two cours it may still look rushed in a few parts.
Jun 19, 2017 2:24 PM

Aug 2010
SabrinaKhuntia said:
Out of curiosity, is there any reason why Zero doesn't qualify as a prequel? In general, doesn't it seem to fulfill most of the criteria for a series to be classified as one?

Zero is a prequel, just not a direct one. It's a prequel to a "slightly shifted timeline very similar to F/SN", according to Nasu. The reason it's not a direct prequel is the inconsistencies in some of the characters' history and characterization, mostly apparent with Saber.
F/SN doesn't really have direct prequels or sequels. F/Z is as much of a prequel as F/HA is a sequel.

As a side thing to note, the only spin-off that takes place on the same timeline as F/SN is Lord El-Melloi II Case Files according to Type-Moon Ace vol. 10.
Jun 19, 2017 2:50 PM

Aug 2010
SabrinaKhuntia said:
astroprogs said:

Zero is a prequel, just not a direct one. It's a prequel to a "slightly shifted timeline very similar to F/SN", according to Nasu. The reason it's not a direct prequel is the inconsistencies in some of the characters' history and characterization, mostly apparent with Saber.
F/SN doesn't really have direct prequels or sequels. F/Z is as much of a prequel as F/HA is a sequel.

As a side thing to note, the only spin-off that takes place on the same timeline as F/SN is Lord El-Melloi II Case Files according to Type-Moon Ace vol. 10.

Hm alright, that makes sense. Has Nasu said anything about what timeline Strange Fake takes place on? It seems to be on the same one as F/Z - or at least similar? - given all the references and El Melloi's occasional flashbacks to the 4th HGW.

F/Z's status as a "slightly shifted timeline from F/SN" inherently puts it far away from Strange Fake.

The reason for that is that F/Z and F/SN are timelines where Humanity and human history are too dominant for "anti-humanity" creatures like the Dead Apostle Ancestors to exist in a Tsukihime-like capacity, which means that all Dead Apostles are severely weakened in all timelines "where the summoning of Heroic Spirits is possible".
This also means that Tsukihime, long believed to occur a few years before F/SN, is on a separate parallel timeline as well.
Strange Fake is a timeline where both DAAs are well and OP as ever and HS summoning is of course possible, so SF's timeline and Zero's can't be the same one.

Strange Fake is a really unique world where a lot of very special things take place in it, but it also means that it's separate from all the other timelines, which isn't saying much since all of them are separate from each other as well.
F/Z's events could've happened in SF's world like they did in SN's, but it's not the exact same F/Z we currently have.
astroprogsJun 19, 2017 3:15 PM
Jun 19, 2017 7:36 PM

Mar 2017
HumbertoZero said:
mira-pyon said:

But Fate/Apocrypha isn't Canon though...
It's Apocryphal.

I know... that was a lame pun.
Jun 20, 2017 5:46 AM

Nov 2015
astroprogs said:
HumbertoZero said:

Fate/Zero doesn't happen in the same universe as Fate/Stay Night, though. It's canon, but it's not a direct prequel. This was confirmed by Nasu.

Also, only the things licensed by TM are canon, and, as far as Fate is concerned at least, that includes: Grand Order, Zero, Apocrypha, Strange Fake, Prisma Illya, Extra, CCC, Extella, Melty Blood: BAAN and a version of Prototype and its prequel. Also, well, F/GO, thanks to being the biggest haven for canon Nasuverse crossovers, is what constitutes what is canon now and what isn't.

Nadie was just mad because he didn't like one thing in the FZ ending. It's the prequel. We even have the anime confirming the continuity. There's nothing to discuss there, yet, I still see people arguing about this over the internet.

Related to the spin-offs, name all you want, they are not part of the same timeline. That's it. Not really hard to get. Apocrypha doesn't happen in the same timeline as FZ and FSN as Prototype doesn't happen in any of those timelines, much less Extra, set in its own timeline. I won't even mention...ugh, Kalewd.

My point is, FSF is a strong candidate to UBW sequel, just because it makes sense and has enough references to be so.

Back to my initial statement, I prefer Ufotable to animate FSF rather than Apo, not that I didn't want them to animate Apo too but...this is what we get.
astroprogs said:
HumbertoZero said:

Jun 20, 2017 7:25 AM
Mar 2010
The most disappointing fact is this FATE has no Canna Nobutoshi! How could they just make a cast without this guy? There's no sense on making a FATE series w/o this dude!
Jun 20, 2017 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
nanyatimz said:
The most disappointing fact is this FATE has no Canna Nobutoshi! How could they just make a cast without this guy? There's no sense on making a FATE series w/o this dude!
I think he should have more roles. He is barely casted this days to do new roles (the last one I remember he performed not related with a character he voiced in the past was some random thertiary character I'm Sakamoto desu ga?), and that is a pity, since he is awesome.
Jun 20, 2017 8:59 AM

Sep 2014
HumbertoZero said:
astroprogs said:

Nadie was just mad because he didn't like one thing in the FZ ending. It's the prequel. We even have the anime confirming the continuity. There's nothing to discuss there, yet, I still see people arguing about this over the internet.

Related to the spin-offs, name all you want, they are not part of the same timeline. That's it. Not really hard to get. Apocrypha doesn't happen in the same timeline as FZ and FSN as Prototype doesn't happen in any of those timelines, much less Extra, set in its own timeline. I won't even mention...ugh, Kalewd.

My point is, FSF is a strong candidate to UBW sequel, just because it makes sense and has enough references to be so.

Back to my initial statement, I prefer Ufotable to animate FSF rather than Apo, not that I didn't want them to animate Apo too but...this is what we get.

Okay, but name one place in Astro's quote wherein he says that all these spin-offs are part of the same timeline.

Also, did you just casually dismiss the words of the author of the Nasuverse? There goes all your credibility down the window. Moreover, Nasu didn't write Zero, but specifically put in things that he wanted, like the Banquet of Kings, so it's unlikely that he says it's not a direct prequel because he 'didn't like it'.
Though this is assuming that Nadie = Nasu

Next, FSF is not a UBW sequel. Simple as that. It's in a different timeline, like every other Fate work, including Ataraxia which, as close to being a sequel as it is, is still set in an alternate universe different from Fate/UBW/HF. If Ataraxia doesn't get direct sequel recognition, FSF, which isn't even written by Nasu, certainly won't. More importantly, the plot completely diverges right from the 3rd war, so it cannot be a sequel in any way.

Lastly, I'd assume they'd animate CCC to introduce the 'other' Gilgamesh to the viewers before going full-on SF. Well, that's at least the release order in terms or non-anime stuffs.
mira-pyonJun 20, 2017 9:04 AM
Jun 20, 2017 11:28 AM

Nov 2015
mira-pyon said:
HumbertoZero said:

Okay, but name one place in Astro's quote wherein he says that all these spin-offs are part of the same timeline.

Also, did you just casually dismiss the words of the author of the Nasuverse? There goes all your credibility down the window. Moreover, Nasu didn't write Zero, but specifically put in things that he wanted, like the Banquet of Kings, so it's unlikely that he says it's not a direct prequel because he 'didn't like it'.
Though this is assuming that Nadie = Nasu

Next, FSF is not a UBW sequel. Simple as that. It's in a different timeline, like every other Fate work, including Ataraxia which, as close to being a sequel as it is, is still set in an alternate universe different from Fate/UBW/HF. If Ataraxia doesn't get direct sequel recognition, FSF, which isn't even written by Nasu, certainly won't. More importantly, the plot completely diverges right from the 3rd war, so it cannot be a sequel in any way.

Lastly, I'd assume they'd animate CCC to introduce the 'other' Gilgamesh to the viewers before going full-on SF. Well, that's at least the release order in terms or non-anime stuffs.

1.Im not saying he did say those where I'm the same timeline, I SAID IT; me.

2. My credibility goes down the window? What credibility? I'm not trying to convince you or anyone to think anything. Chill. I'm not a fatefag.

3. Yeah, Nasu = nadie, autocorrect strikes again.

4. You say it's not a sequel to SAN but you don't give me a reason why. You just keep saying that it is not because it's not written by Nasu and it "diverges". I don't know you but for me, SF is sequel of SN as FZ is prequel.

5. Fine by me really. I wonder how Shaft will take the Fate adaptation. I don't expect a bad treatment, just lots of fanservice.

Why in the world any fate related topic deviates from the original topic?
People care too much about what others enjoy and think. Personally I only care about FZ, FSN and SF. I can see that nasu likes Narita's story as he included him for the Babylon chapter, and even spoiled a character before Narita but that's another story.

Again, the topic was Apocrypha, no need to argue with a random internet guy about a completely different subject. I may even add I don't care that much about nasuverse since, with all multiverses, anything is bloody possible. I just pick up what to care about. It makes things easier and stress-free. Now, if you give me info I don't know, well, I'll call it learning. Why not? Let's not argue guys, let's just talk about the shows we like and how Jeanne can fuck up :)
Jun 20, 2017 12:04 PM

Aug 2010
HumbertoZero said:

2. My credibility goes down the window? What credibility? I'm not trying to convince you or anyone to think anything. Chill. I'm not a fatefag.

4. You say it's not a sequel to SAN but you don't give me a reason why. You just keep saying that it is not because it's not written by Nasu and it "diverges". I don't know you but for me, SF is sequel of SN as FZ is prequel.

5. Fine by me really. I wonder how Shaft will take the Fate adaptation. I don't expect a bad treatment, just lots of fanservice.

People care too much about what others enjoy and think. Personally I only care about FZ, FSN and SF. I can see that nasu likes Narita's story as he included him for the Babylon chapter, and even spoiled a character before Narita but that's another story.

Again, the topic was Apocrypha, no need to argue with a random internet guy about a completely different subject. I may even add I don't care that much about nasuverse since, with all multiverses, anything is bloody possible. I just pick up what to care about. It makes things easier and stress-free. Now, if you give me info I don't know, well, I'll call it learning. Why not? Let's not argue guys, let's just talk about the shows we like and how Jeanne can fuck up :)

I'm starting to think you've only skimmed over what I and Mira said. We countered your unchanging point more than once with facts and quotes. Please read the posts again.

Did you miss the part where i said "Nasu said Fate/Zero is NOT a direct prequel to Fate/Stay Night"? It's not our subjective opinion based on interpretation, it's what the author HIMSELF said.
Similar events happen in all parallel universes, it doesn't make these works sequels to each other. Like Mira said, for example, HA isn't a direct F/SN sequel to any of its routes, despite being the work that references F/SN the most, even more than F/Z.

It's fine if you like certain shows more than others, but liking a show doesn't make it what it isn't. People don't care what you enjoy more, as that's your thing and no one but you has a say in that, people, however, care when you post baseless misinformation like SF being in any kind a sequel to F/Z.
astroprogsJun 20, 2017 12:41 PM
Jun 20, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2014
HumbertoZero said:

Okay, I get you're probably on a phone, but please try to check your posts before sending because they're barely understandable. Next,

You said:

This suggests that you believe Astro said somewhere that all these spin-offs happen in the same timeline. If you didn't want to get that point across, again, check posts. Or, like, type on a computer or something.

Yes, your credibility goes down the window, because trying to argue about a series when going against the author is like trying to argue about the laws of a universe when the 'god' has specifically told you what is and what isn't. Not to be rude, but it frankly makes you seem like an idiot. If you're not going to listen to the author, then why are you even here? Is the type of question that will appear on everyone's mind.

I HAVE given you a reason why. But first, let's see the definition of the word prequel

Prequel:
1) A published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.
2) Something that takes place after or as a result of an earlier event.

Now, does SF continue UBW's story? Nope. Not. At. All. It's literally in a different universe, with slightly different lore that wouldn't fit in UBW. And the themes are completely different.
Does SF take place as a result of UBW? Nope. Not at all. Does it take place after UBW? Again, no, not at all.

Meaning that, even by normal literature standards, SF is not a sequel. That's just how it is. And, in Fate, a 'sequel' being in a different universe means it's not a 'sequel'. If you can't deal with it, you can jump out of the Nasuverse train, or, like, don't argue about things you don't know.

Well, we weren't going to have Fate without fanservice. And I'm not complaining either( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Welcome to the Nasuverse.

Again, the topic was Apocrypha, no need to argue with a random internet guy about a completely different subject. I may even add I don't care that much about nasuverse since, with all multiverses, anything is bloody possible.

Well, yes. But SF still isn't a sequel of UBW, partly because it's a multiverse. :^)

I just pick up what to care about.

It makes things easier and stress-free. Now, if you give me info I don't know, well, I'll call it learning. Why not? Let's not argue guys, let's just talk about the shows we like and how Jeanne can fuck up :)

Well, I'm fine with this, but I just don't suggest starting arguments with mix-matched knowledge. The Nasuverse is particularly a very confusing place and having holes in your understanding of lore and authors won't help in anyway.

Also, Zero/FSN/SF is an interesting combi to have; you'd expect Extra or Ataraxia, but not SF.
mira-pyonJun 20, 2017 12:15 PM
Jun 20, 2017 1:14 PM

Nov 2015
astroprogs said:
HumbertoZero said:

I'm starting to think you've only skimmed over what I and Mira said. We countered your unchanging point more than once with facts and quotes. Please read the posts again.

Did you miss the part where i said "Nasu said Fate/Zero is NOT a direct prequel to Fate/Stay Night"? It's not our subjective opinion based on interpretation, it's what the author HIMSELF said.
Similar events happen in all parallel universes, it doesn't make these works sequels to each other. Like Mira said, for example, HA isn't a direct F/SN sequel to any of its routes, despite being the work that references F/SN the most, even more than F/Z.

It's fine if you like certain shows more than others, but liking a show doesn't make it what it isn't. People don't care what you enjoy more, as that's your thing and no one but you has a say in that, people, however, care when you post baseless misinformation like SF being in any kind a sequel to F/Z.
Dude, chill. I just said what I think. It's ok if you don't share my opinion. To me SF is sequel to UBW.
And yes, I skimmed over, why? I'm at work and browsing on my phone. I really don't have the time to discuss anything. I don't have base? Well ok. Certainly there's a lot of stuff I don't know about TM works and I won't even try to understand it. I mean, as the knowledge comes I'll retain it.

Once again, I don't care of there's a slight shift, the anime already set it as FZ > FSN an I'm fine with it. There's continuity. I don't ask for more. HA is another thing. A loop.
Jun 20, 2017 1:21 PM

Nov 2015
mira-pyon said:

Now, does SF continue UBW's story? Nope. Not. At. All. It's literally in a different universe, with slightly different lore that wouldn't fit in UBW. And the themes are completely different.
Does SF take place as a result of UBW? Nope. Not at all. Does it take place after UBW? Again, no, not at all.

Meaning that, even by normal literature standards, SF is not a sequel. That's just how it is. And, in Fate, a 'sequel' being in a different universe means it's not a 'sequel'. If you can't deal with it, you can jump out of the Nasuverse train, or, like, don't argue about things you don't know.

I'm interested in your response. WHY is not a sequel? You just keep saying no no no but you don't give me a reason why.

Strange Fake sets in 2008, it's said that "someone capable of making unlimited copies of swords" is in the clock tower, and UBW is the only route in which shirou goes to the clock tower. El-Melloi II Case files events are present in SF and in one comment I was told case files is in the same universe as FSN.

Just not wanting it to be a sequel won't make it so.
Unless you give me a real reason I consider SF as much of a sequel as FZ is prequel. Even if the slight shift in timeline concept is applied.

I won't comment on the rest of your comment because I find it reasonable.

PD: typing on a phone is a pain, sorry.
Jun 20, 2017 1:50 PM

Nov 2015
You know what, forget it. I had a chat with a friend that knows a lot of nasuverse lore and explained your reasoning. I understand it and while I don't share it, I respect it. It's interesting. I like continuity and that's why I consider them 3 a whole timeline.

I didn't know DAA had an effect on humanity or that DAA didn't exist in FZ and FSN as they do in FSF. Interesting.
Now I'll keep my eye open of yet another thing.
Jun 20, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
HumbertoZero said:
You know what, forget it. I had a chat with a friend that knows a lot of nasuverse lore and explained your reasoning. I understand it and while I don't share it, I respect it. It's interesting. I like continuity and that's why I consider them 3 a whole timeline.

I didn't know DAA had an effect on humanity or that DAA didn't exist in FZ and FSN as they do in FSF. Interesting.
Now I'll keep my eye open of yet another thing.

Well, at least you somewhat understand. Glad there's nothing more to discuss here. >.>
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.