Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2017 6:53 AM

Apr 2015
Hi guys,
I've got a question if you have watched and read 'Magi'. I've just finished the anime and I can't wait for more. I've heard the manga is really good. So:

1. Do you think the manga is worth reading?

2. If it is, should I start from the very beginning because there are many differences between m&a OR can I start reading from the point where the anime ended (if m&a were similar enough). The reason I'm asking this is bc I'm not really into that whole stuff about Alibaba. The events at the end of the anime were much more interesting for me.

Thank you very much in advance. I really appreciate your help.
Have a great day/night!
Mar 7, 2017 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
I haven't read Magi either. I loved the show, though! And lol, I thought I was the only one who wasn't interested in Alibaba. He just comes off as dull to me, I guess? He's more tolerable when he's with Aladdin or something.
Anyway, I'd like to know what readers of the manga think as well.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 8, 2017 6:11 PM

May 2014
I'm not up to date on the manga, but I've watched it and read most of it. If you really want, you can jump on the manga where the anime ends (Chapter 198) as the anime is pretty close to the source material, the anime and manga played out a bit differently up until the Balbadd arc, but plotwise have the same effect. From that point on they're pretty identical, with the only real change being Rukh are birds in the manga though the anime made them butterflies. I'd reccomend reading from the beginning, but it can be a slog, so feel free to jump on the manga at the end of the Magnostadt arc, and brace yourself because it's getting pretty nuts.
Mar 8, 2017 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
I'm up to date. And yes, it's worth reading.

I don't recall many changes from the anime. I'd say read it from the start, if you have time, as the art is quite nice :}

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Mar 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
@Zelev
exactly. Alibaba is just too saint ;p

Thank you guys very much. I think I'm gonna skip a part of the manga then. I really appreciate your help <3
Mar 9, 2017 2:09 PM

Mar 2016
Yeah it is.

But make sure you read Sinbad No Bouken too. I think it's better than the main series.
Mar 13, 2017 5:32 AM
Jan 2016
thanks for making this post lol i just started this series "anime" and im almost done with 4 more episodes left i might not watch sinbad's series and start the manga.. hopefully im not missing anything because school starts in 9 minutes for me
Mar 13, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2015
I decided to skip the manga and started reading from chap 198 (thanks @TheJaceX for telling me the exact chapter, it was really helpful). Aaand I'm already in the middle of 270 or sth. You were right that the manga goes nuts. ;p
I'm definitely gonna read SnB right away after I'm up to date with the main story.

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.