Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2017 6:29 PM
Feb 2012
I was browsing my Facebook feed and my friends shared a video of this character playing a game.

Then i found out that the character by the name of Kizuna Ai is actually an AI and has her own Youtube page and a Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/aichan_nel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4YaOt1yT-ZeyB0OmxHgolA

2 months since her first video and her subs have shot up to 60K and 11k followers

She def a cute girl and i am sure her fame will continue to rise as more know about her.

Lots of her fan base comes from Korea
Feb 21, 2017 7:48 PM

Feb 2015
So, what do you want to do OP, make the BOT your waifu or something?
Feb 21, 2017 9:05 PM
Feb 2012
_Ako_ said:

i am just sharing and she needs more supporters
Feb 21, 2017 9:53 PM

Feb 2015
It's definitely interesting. First time ever seeing/hearing anything about this. Too bad I don't speak weebanese so idk whats going on
Feb 22, 2017 2:01 AM
Feb 2012
Lunarian said:
It's definitely interesting. First time ever seeing/hearing anything about this. Too bad I don't speak weebanese so idk whats going on

the AI system is pretty much like a high school girl

kinda a fresh take on youtubing instead of an actual person in front of the camera we have a virtual character and she into VR gaming.

She met Miku almost in person using VR as well
Feb 22, 2017 2:12 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Thread moved from Casual Discussion to Music & Entertainment.
Feb 22, 2017 2:14 AM

Sep 2014
God has truly abandoned us.
Feb 22, 2017 2:41 AM
Feb 2012
Elegade said:

Cute version of Skynet taking over youtube

Wont be surprised if she can surpass stinking PewDiePie in the next few years
Feb 22, 2017 2:53 AM

Sep 2014
dragoon20005 said:
Elegade said:

Cute version of Skynet taking over youtube

Wont be surprised if she can surpass stinking PewDiePie in the next few years

Content Cop Kizuna Ai.
Feb 22, 2017 3:44 AM

Feb 2015
How advanced is the A.I. of this thing? What can it do on its own, and what is just scripted by its creators?
Feb 22, 2017 5:22 AM
Feb 2012
Milennin said:
How advanced is the A.I. of this thing? What can it do on its own, and what is just scripted by its creators?

It behaves just like a 16 year old school girl. If you see her gameplay. She can make mistakes and has the scared reaction in one of the games. Voice is def pre recorded but it able to have a own conversation with a real person aka VR uncle. She can draw pretty well but she still need some time to grasp english like any japanese.
Feb 22, 2017 6:35 AM

Feb 2015
dragoon20005 said:
Milennin said:

It behaves just like a 16 year old school girl. If you see her gameplay. She can make mistakes and has the scared reaction in one of the games. Voice is def pre recorded but it able to have a own conversation with a real person aka VR uncle. She can draw pretty well but she still need some time to grasp english like any japanese.

Is it like a self-learning A.I. that can be put to play a game and she'll learn how to play it by trial and error?
MilenninFeb 22, 2017 6:41 AM
Feb 22, 2017 6:38 AM
Feb 2012
Milennin said:
dragoon20005 said:

Iis it like a self-learning A.I. that can be put to play a game and she'll learn how to play it by trial and error?

Pretty much yes. And on twitter she like any social media girl who will post status updates and like your post. As we speak she hitting 70k fans on youtube and 12k followers.
Feb 22, 2017 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
Just saw this on reddit and googled it to find some details about it, which turned out to be more difficult than expected. I'm really skeptical abot the "AI" stuff, because it seems way too sophisticated. I don't really care though because she's really cute.

No idea what company is behind this, what they are going for this with it and most importantly: who the seiyu is. Doesn't sound like vocaloid to me. Homepage doesn't offer a lot of insight either, maybe one would be able to learn more from some of her videos, but I'm not fluent enough in moon for this.
Feb 22, 2017 5:03 PM
Feb 2012
bNq said:
Just saw this on reddit and googled it to find some details about it, which turned out to be more difficult than expected. I'm really skeptical abot the "AI" stuff, because it seems way too sophisticated. I don't really care though because she's really cute.

No idea what company is behind this, what they are going for this with it and most importantly: who the seiyu is. Doesn't sound like vocaloid to me. Homepage doesn't offer a lot of insight either, maybe one would be able to learn more from some of her videos, but I'm not fluent enough in moon for this.

AI is indeed advancing quite fast, just look at Watson.

Actually we are interacting with AI in some cases like Siri, Google Now and Cortana. And those online self help support are powered by some form of AI.

Many years back, AI wont be possible without huge processing power and huge chunks of data that need to be stored

Some of these AI tap on the power of the graphics processing unit because of its multi tread ability and combine with a good program code. Some AI can easily figure out the answer to difficult question or problems.

We already seen AI beating grand masters level in chess, Shogi and Go.

Ppl are afraid of a Skynet taking over, but i say it sooner than later.

Its now a matter of how prepared are we to accept AI.
Feb 22, 2017 5:55 PM

Sep 2013
You're kidding right? There no AI involved, and you'd recognize the software if you've seen anything of Live2D in the past so year.

I did some research yesterday, and the 20,000 boost in YT subs (the sub count was 40,000 two days ago) actually came from the IGON facebook page after he linked it, so an effective "third" or so of her followers are westerners who'll be relying on the group trying to sub her videos.
Feb 23, 2017 1:45 AM
Feb 2012
nep-nep said:
You're kidding right? There no AI involved, and you'd recognize the software if you've seen anything of Live2D in the past so year.

I did some research yesterday, and the 20,000 boost in YT subs (the sub count was 40,000 two days ago) actually came from the IGON facebook page after he linked it, so an effective "third" or so of her followers are westerners who'll be relying on the group trying to sub her videos.

i believed that was the gameplay video that was shared was her playing "Inside" game

I highly doubt it human controlling Kizuna. Sure the initial programing, modelling/motion control and voice over could be modeled after a real person and facerig. But AI natural language is getting better. Look at Siri, Google now and Cortana which we use. There is a form of AI behind them.
Feb 23, 2017 2:41 AM

Jan 2016
Lunarian said:

bNq said:

She has several videos with English captions

Ora ora
[url]http://m.imgur.com/gallery/eaMAb[/url]
YuriEmpireFeb 23, 2017 2:56 AM
Feb 23, 2017 11:11 AM
Feb 2017
Are you guys kidding me? She has never said she's an AI or anything.

And I thought it was pretty obvious enough.

Basically what she is, there is a person doing the actual stuffs she is doing, including talking. A device, I believe some sort of a camera like thingy (I initially thought of kinect, but kinect only detects 2D, not 3D so nope), is tracking that person's movements, and the motions are outputted into a model. Something like Live2D

So let's just say the inside gameplay for example. A person is indeed sitting on a table chair, holding on to a controller/keyboard playing the game and commenting on it, at the same time. Some external camera is capturing everything, and using a program to model that person out into what we know as kizuna ai.

The person might not even be a girl. Could be a guy with a voice changer. No one knows.

Kizuna Ai is definitely not an AI, she's not learning about the world, and definitely not playing games. You can already tell from the way she speaks. I speaks Japanese, and in NO WAY, an AI can speak like her. No matter how sophisticated or smart the AI is.
roihiyakeFeb 23, 2017 11:17 AM
Feb 23, 2017 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
roihiyake said:

And I thought it was pretty obvious enough.

Basically what she is, there is a person doing the actual stuffs she is doing, including talking. A device, I believe some sort of a camera like thingy (I initially thought of kinect, but kinect only detects 2D, not 3D so nope), is tracking that person's movements, and the motions are outputted into a model. Something like Live2D

So let's just say the inside gameplay for example. A person is indeed sitting on a table chair, holding on to a controller/keyboard playing the game and commenting on it, at the same time. Some external camera is capturing everything, and using a program to model that person out into what we know as kizuna ai.

The person might not even be a girl. Could be a guy with a voice changer. No one knows.

Kizuna Ai is definitely not an AI, she's not learning about the world, and definitely not playing games. You can already tell from the way she speaks. I speaks Japanese, and in NO WAY, an AI can speak like her. No matter how sophisticated or smart the AI is.
No fucking way this guy actually believes his own thread, OP is trolling.

Would not be a guy, if you didn't need any voice acting experience or even females whatsoever to perform adequate VA roles then there would never be a reason to pick one seiyuu over another, or even pay anyone a decent sum.
Feb 23, 2017 11:19 PM
Apr 2016
She actually mentions she is an AI, but this is all meant to be satire, i actually got hooked to this channel since yesterday, and they seem to be putting up english subs for the content too, so good for us people who don't understand japanese fluently, this is definitely a real girl playing the games, AI is sophisticated but technology has not yet improved enough to this level yet, but i love the theme of the channel
Feb 24, 2017 8:34 AM
Aug 2014
Feels like shes using facerig with a bit more capture field but i haven't seen that been done yet since it only copies the hole head movement and facial expressions and lip sync but most of her vids looks exactly like it would have been recorded with facerig or something very similar since it is a real person using an animated avatar to copy her movements and expressions and such. I would like to see how she looks like irl if any1 has a video of her or did she start off with kizuna from the get-go? Cause such smooth voice and variation is just way to much work to be able to do without a screen capture of a real person let alone the voice being artificial that is impossible at this time
Feb 24, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2016
A friend of mine recommended her to me but I just brushed it off until watching a random video of her a few days later. I was surprised that she revealed her 3 sizes in the one I picked ;3

Technology is quite advanced nowadays so Kizuna being an actual A.I wouldn't be much of a stretch (it's Japan we're talkin' about lol).

Feb 24, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
ye i doubt this is fake AI considering AI is progressing so fast

there is just 2 kinds of AI, weak AI and strong AI so this one is still weak AI i think
Feb 24, 2017 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
I speculate this isn't AI, otherwise this would've blown up on alot of mainstream news outlets.
Feb 26, 2017 4:34 PM

Feb 2014
anyone know who might be the VA?
Feb 27, 2017 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not surprised about her popularity spike.

She was crafted to be incredibly appealing to men, including myself. She's so cute and does things that I enjoy (I.e. play video games, screw around on the internet, etc.). Her popularity will continue rising until some horrible scandal about her creators finally leaks.
Mar 3, 2017 5:49 AM

Jul 2012
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
A friend of mine recommended her to me but I just brushed it off until watching a random video of her a few days later. I was surprised that she revealed her 3 sizes in the one I picked ;3

Technology is quite advanced nowadays so Kizuna being an actual A.I wouldn't be much of a stretch (it's Japan we're talkin' about lol).

No, people would be surprised. She's definitely not an AI. She's a japanese girl sitting behind a motion-sensor camera which is turning her into a 2D anime character. There's no way a dubious small company located in japan would be able to make an AI that advanced when mega corps like google and apple are struggling to make a barely humane one with their immense amount of wealth and personnel. We're just not quite there yet. Give it another couple tens of years, and we'll see something similar coming.
よろしく!
Mar 3, 2017 5:52 AM

Jul 2012
roihiyake said:

She did say that she's an AI
Just watch the first few seconds of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO7n_qaQJUA
Though a fake one, probably meant to be an obvious clickbait for non tech-savvy people or a satire.
よろしく!
Mar 7, 2017 6:25 AM
Apr 2012
Can't you guys tell that she is supposed to be a character?
Mar 7, 2017 10:03 AM

Oct 2014

Well, whatever I just came.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 16, 2017 8:25 AM
Feb 2016
Theres almost no possibilites that she is a real Artifical Intelligent albeit she declare herself as an AI. I Think the technology for that is kinda expensive and why would someone use expensive technology just for making youtube videos and earn subscriber? hell no!. Her voice is really clear right? an Actual human voice and her gesture is not looks like A.I-ish its completely captured using facerig or maybe kinect or another technology out there..
Apr 17, 2017 2:54 AM

Nov 2015
She's kawaii, adorable, charming, has a nice personality and an attractive voice and all... but she surely doesn't sound like an AI despite her claiming to be so and having Ai in her name. That's the thing that's most unbelievable about her.

I can only imagine at least there's a real girl behind this (especially the voice) and she uses this character as her online avatar.

Either way.... f*** it, I'm in!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2017 3:21 PM
Jun 2016
Ai is actually a MMD rig. You can even download her assets on her website. I highly doubt she is an actual AI, although she has told us time and time again about her being a super intellegent ai etc. btw, does anyone think she sounds like Toyosaki Aki aka Yui from K-on?
Apr 23, 2017 3:50 PM

Apr 2017
dragoon20005 said:

She def a cute girl and i am sure her fame will continue to rise as more know about her.

Em, yeah i'm just going to leave this here.

Apr 24, 2017 1:42 PM
Sep 2016
even the ai is made with a cliche personality.
still waiting for a kuudere who don't give a crap about the world
Apr 25, 2017 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
Watch it when you are depressed , Her optimism will always bring a stupid smile on your face .. Whoever made the channel , Gratitude <3 ..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Apr 27, 2017 8:41 AM

Jan 2017
i discovered today that she can sing to

Jun 19, 2017 8:23 AM
Jun 2017
I dont care what the heck is she made off!
just let me know the CV
Jun 25, 2017 4:06 AM
Jun 2017
she has now a live wallpaper and it is hilarious
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
Jun 25, 2017 6:52 AM

Jun 2016
D'aww she's a freaking kawaii! Will definitely check her channel. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 25, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, been subscribed to her channel for a while. She's cute, entertaining and funny~ <3
Nov 29, 2017 3:54 AM
Oct 2017
Well is I don't think she is an AI...machine learning(ML)or artificial neural networks(ANN) have not reached those heights...well anyone gets this???
I was really surprised when I saw her video...it seems way too natural, and for being that natural it needs a heavy amount of computing power...(titens with CUDA cores..anyone got that?? 🤔😶)
So I think someone is playing her...she is not an AI....if she is then.....well skynet is coming....
I hope some can get it....not everyone gets me......lol
Nov 29, 2017 4:00 AM
Oct 2017
Well still there's no denying that ....
SHE'S DAMN CUTE!! 大かわいいな💞

the cutest CGI model I've ever seen
Nov 29, 2017 7:04 AM

Jan 2012
She is cute, I might watch some clips someday.
As for A.I., it doesn't exist and probably never will. A program/machine can't think on it's own. The best we can get is for them to learn all the knowledge on earth but it they will still follow steps and parameters.

Jan 7, 2018 3:45 AM

Nov 2016
I recently follow her up
On youtube, how i discovered about her was seeing her video of saying fuck you and stuuf, funny as hell. I would like to know who the voice actress behind her is, i need to search up more about that in the future.
Feb 27, 2018 11:36 AM

Jan 2017
She's definitely been blowing up since then

https://twitter.com/aichan_nel/status/968321979311902720
Mar 8, 2018 3:12 AM

Jun 2017
_Ako_ said:

Is it possible to learn this power?
Mar 8, 2018 3:15 AM

Jun 2017
KanaAoi said:
She is cute, I might watch some clips someday.
As for A.I., it doesn't exist and probably never will. A program/machine can't think on it's own. The best we can get is for them to learn all the knowledge on earth but it they will still follow steps and parameters.

Isn't that basically how kids learn stuff? Absorb knowledge & try to act out the steps until they get it right? We're at least a century away from a Cortana or a Hal-9000, but we've already got primitive VI in SIRI and those amazon pringle cans.
Mar 8, 2018 3:26 AM

Dec 2013
Nah, Kizuna Ai isn't an actual AI. It's just somebody acting behind a software that turns their movement into character movement, similar to how the new emojis work in phones. The current AI is not advanced enough to create a whole character like this. In the first place it would be hard to find suitable data to train her with. The closest thing to a whole AI character I can think of is the twitter bot by Google that got taken down after it got trolled.

As someone who studies AI I wish we would be able to achieve something like this in the future, but it is not possible with the current technology.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
2 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
2 hours ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 5 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
5 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
7 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.