Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2017 9:30 PM

Oct 2015
Are you interested in serial killers? as in, do you find what they do, interesting?? Would you be friends with one?
What killers specifically spike your interest (e.g. Zodiac killer, Jeffrey Dahmer, The hillside stranglers, etc)?
Do you feel bad for them, do you hate them or do you just don't care & you're just lurking on this thread?

There are some murder mysteries that aren't solved yet, i find them interesting.
is this even appropriate in the CD forum XD?
Feb 17, 2017 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
My hand is a serial killer, it kills 1000000s of sperm cells every day.
Feb 17, 2017 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Ushi_Chan said:
Are you interested in serial killers? as in, do you find what they do, interesting?? Would you be friends with one?
What killers specifically spike your interest (e.g. Ted Cruz, Jeffrey Dahmer, The hillside stranglers, etc)?
Do you feel bad for them, do you hate them or do you just don't care & you're just lurking on this thread?

There are some murder mysteries that aren't solved yet, i find them interesting.
is this even appropriate in the CD forum XD?

Fixed that for you.

O/T Jack the ripper is overrated

Cool name though
Feb 17, 2017 9:38 PM

Mar 2013
serial killers are boring

cute girls doinf sol stuff is better
Feb 17, 2017 9:39 PM

Apr 2012
Their psychological profile is interesting i guess, but I don't go out of my way to research about them. I don't feel pity for them. I think they should be put down.

Feb 18, 2017 1:26 AM

May 2015
Anyone heard of that wacky truck driver?

They're interesting to me because of their senseless act. Why would someone put so much effort into killing people? I think they're important if you want to understand people's view on morality.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 18, 2017 1:32 AM

Jul 2012
I can't say I go out of my way to search for them but the more interesting ones I heard about recently were the Harpe Brothers. Just because the time period and the fact that I had never heard mention of them until recently especially considering the general brutality and scale of their crimes.
Feb 18, 2017 1:38 AM

Jul 2014
I'm interested in serial killers... in that I like hearing their story or watching their story on TV when its covered by different shows. I personally can't imagine myself living or even thinking the way they do but I find their cases intriguing and even fascinating to watch. I feel bad for their victims of course but still...

But no, I definitely don't feel sorry for them. When I reach the parts where their capture or deaths are revealed, I always feel a sense of immense satisfaction over it.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Feb 18, 2017 5:17 AM

Jul 2014
I've always been rather interested in them, even from a questionably young age. I read up on them and watched documentaries about them whenever they came on TV. I still find them intriguing to this day due to the often bizarre nature of the crimes and the motives which are often all the more bizarre.

The one who has continued to intrigue me to this day is Ed Gein due to his ridiculously puritan upbringing and the legacy it has had (his crimes have loosely inspired a number of books and films).
Take care of yourself

Feb 18, 2017 5:35 AM

Dec 2016
The sociological/psychological profile of killers are generally an interesting read and a lot of those files are out on the internet for everyone to enjoy.

If anything, I enjoy the profiles of the killers that never got caught. You start thinking "Wow, I wonder what they're doing nowadays? Do they have a different name? Do they live in another country? Do they have a family? Do they go by different aliases and ended up getting caught?". I'm talking Zodiac Killer and the Axeman of New Orleans type of deal.
Feb 18, 2017 5:47 AM

Mar 2008
I'm very into some of their psyche and life story that lead them there more than gruesome details of their kills. I grew up in a city that had a serial killer in it active during when i was around. His motive wasn't that interesting though so I don't care about the guy much .
Feb 18, 2017 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
Saediss said:
The sociological/psychological profile of killers are generally an interesting read and a lot of those files are out on the internet for everyone to enjoy.

If anything, I enjoy the profiles of the killers that never got caught. You start thinking "Wow, I wonder what they're doing nowadays? Do they have a different name? Do they live in another country? Do they have a family? Do they go by different aliases and ended up getting caught?". I'm talking Zodiac Killer and the Axeman of New Orleans type of deal.

^ Exactly this. There's something really interesting in reading up on killers out of a pure observatory nature, or speculating the lives of those who haven't been caught. I'm not really the type to sympathise with them though, and I don't believe that I would purposefully become involved with a serial killer.
Feb 18, 2017 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
Sure, I find serial killers interesting. I've always been one to watch a lot of real life murder mystery shows and documentaries.
Feb 18, 2017 12:39 PM

Jun 2016
Not so much lately, although a few years back I did read a lot about them. Of course the famous ones like Bundy, Dahmer, etc. are interesting but I also enjoyed reading about some of the lesser known ones like Ed Gein, John List, and if you really want to read fucked up, check out the autobiography of Carl Panzram.

One of my friends also wrote a letter to Ian Brady , although he never got a response.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Feb 18, 2017 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
The few documentaries I've seen were intriguing. Their final interviews especially. It's remarkable how apathetic and emotionless they appear. How they relate their deeds is a particular treat. Very entertaining stuff.
Feb 18, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2016
They're lame tbh.

Like where're the killers that wear their victims faces?
Where're the killers that toss kids into meat separators?
Where're the killers that decorate their basement with flesh?

They're all a bunch of basic weirdos with guns and the element of surprise. Not interested in that.
Feb 18, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2015
used to be, used to watch a lot of criminal minds too.
Feb 18, 2017 9:06 PM

Jun 2016
They're interesting, although I haven't read extensively on them for awhile. So far, Albert Fish was the most screwed-up killer I've looked into.

"Out of the night that conquers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul."

Feb 19, 2017 1:04 AM

Feb 2017
I'm really a don't judge kind of person, nobody becomes a serial killer just to have fun (even if they say so, something must've happened to them to make them like that). If one of my friends suddenly told me they killed someone, obviously i'd be concerned but I wouldn't hate them or be scared. For one, I'm not scared of dying, and they'd have to be Really messed up to kill their friend.
Feb 19, 2017 1:25 AM

May 2015
razortongue said:
I've always been rather interested in them, even from a questionably young age. I read up on them and watched documentaries about them whenever they came on TV. I still find them intriguing to this day due to the often bizarre nature of the crimes and the motives which are often all the more bizarre.

The one who has continued to intrigue me to this day is Ed Gein due to his ridiculously puritan upbringing and the legacy it has had (his crimes have loosely inspired a number of books and films).

I just read about him exhuming corpses and taking body parts.

That's just weird. Forget the sadistic nature of it. What's the point?
Feb 19, 2017 1:46 AM

Jul 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
razortongue said:

He wanted to create a "woman suit" (kinda like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs) in order to, in his mind, become his late mother. His mother had been the only person he had contact with as a kid and thus it's understandable that he'd have an abnormal attachment to her.
Take care of yourself

Feb 19, 2017 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
There is a good show called Most Evil that gives a short biography dramatic re-enactment of various killers lives and interviews them then gives a psychological analysis and a ranking of how evil they are. I dont trust how the replacement host analysed them though. He fucked up bad about one woman because he had no real knowledge of Wicca and thought her having an athame means she planned to kill someone totally ignoring it's just a pointer for rituals not a dagger for killing so he assumed shes a liar.
Feb 19, 2017 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
well for my US History final, i wrote entirely about the main American mafias (Irish, Jewish, Italian)
but the serial killer that was most interesting was the Iceman
Feb 19, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2015
i find the ones that don't get caught the most interesting, there's that element of mystery
Feb 19, 2017 12:41 PM

Aug 2013
I's really like to talk to one, to see how good at manipulation they really are, and do they really feel no sympathy for the victims.
Feb 19, 2017 10:13 PM
Jul 2016
I used to read about them, now I'm more into unidentified serial killers...

Feb 19, 2017 10:35 PM

Feb 2016
I'm somewhat interested in them, although I haven't researched too much beyond what my psych courses have presented.

Do I feel bad for them? I feel bad for those who are unable to feel emotion and empathy, but there is no excuse for killing innocent people.

Do I hate them? Not really. I find it hard to hate someone who's either dead or just an abstract entity. Sure, I hate what they did, but they're gone, so there's not much point in harbouring any emotions.

Maybe a lesser known serial killer nicknamed "The Butcher of Rostov" is quite interesting. Killed something like 50 women and children during the 1980s. Dude also cut out people's eyes because he believed something about the image of the murderer being imprinted on the victim's eyes. Apparently partially cannibalized people and swallowed nipples.

Oh and those who are interested, check out Dexter. It's a decent show and has a somewhat controversial philosophy on killing people.

Feb 20, 2017 12:42 AM

May 2015
razortongue said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

He wanted to create a "woman suit" (kinda like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs) in order to, in his mind, become his late mother. His mother had been the only person he had contact with as a kid and thus it's understandable that he'd have an abnormal attachment to her.

This is straight out of a wacky anime about serial killers. How did the psychological evaluation go?
Feb 20, 2017 1:45 AM

Mar 2008
Saucy said:
I'm somewhat interested in them, although I haven't researched too much beyond what my psych courses have presented.

Do I feel bad for them? I feel bad for those who are unable to feel emotion and empathy, but there is no excuse for killing innocent people.

Do I hate them? Not really. I find it hard to hate someone who's either dead or just an abstract entity. Sure, I hate what they did, but they're gone, so there's not much point in harbouring any emotions.

Maybe a lesser known serial killer nicknamed "The Butcher of Rostov" is quite interesting. Killed something like 50 women and children during the 1980s. Dude also cut out people's eyes because he believed something about the image of the murderer being imprinted on the victim's eyes. Apparently partially cannibalized people and swallowed nipples.

Oh and those who are interested, check out Dexter. It's a decent show and has a somewhat controversial philosophy on killing people.

They feel emotion and empathy. They just have master control over empathy and love and have a more limited capacity. Anger, pridefulness, and lust are usually their dominant emotions.
Feb 20, 2017 7:00 AM

Jul 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
razortongue said:

This is straight out of a wacky anime about serial killers. How did the psychological evaluation go?

Admittedly I'm not sure. I'll have to read up some more. I do know that he got the electric chair though.
Take care of yourself

Feb 20, 2017 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
wow an interesting thread lol
Yes I'm interested!!!

But seems like.. I'm more interested on why they do it. They background story which influence them to be a killer.
And also the little thrills like the first victim of Dahmer was actually about to be saved but dumb policemen believed the victim was Dahmer's boyfriend. etc etc.
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Feb 20, 2017 7:45 AM

Nov 2016
Their mind is messed up but it's so interesting how they come to think like this or that and do such things and why.
Feb 20, 2017 8:52 AM

Sep 2016
The way their mind works is very interesting compared to other normal people
Feb 21, 2017 12:35 AM

May 2015
razortongue said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Admittedly I'm not sure. I'll have to read up some more. I do know that he got the electric chair though.

I read more about him. The guy lead a shitty life and was fucked in the head. Eventually he died in a mental health prison.

Apparently he didn't do much but exhume already dead people. What's freaky isn't the killing themselves - he killed only two or so. It's that the police went into his house and saw all the memorabilia made out of real body parts.

I feel sorry for him.
Feb 21, 2017 12:45 AM

Jun 2015
Yes, omg. I so relate to dexter and his dark passenger. I hope they never catch him xoxo

Feb 21, 2017 7:56 PM

Apr 2015
Funny...I thought for sure I already answered this thread.

Yeah, I find them interesting, but I'm not typically interested in motive or personalities. Those are usually pretty shallow anyways. I'm always interested in the how. How did they choose their victims, how did they get away with it, and how do we prevent it now...if we even try to?

This kind of ties into my budding interest in missing persons. How did these people so suddenly and cleanly vanish, especially in a world where more and more things are being monitored?

Also:
Eye on the TV, 'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor it happens to be

Like: "Killed by the husband" ...
"Drowned by the ocean" ...
"Shot by his own son" ...
"She used a poison in his tea, Then (she) kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies.

Cause I need to watch things die from a distance
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies
You all need it too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'
Neither the brave nor bold
Nor brightest of stories told
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Feb 22, 2017 12:53 AM

May 2015
I've been doing some readings on famous ones, like Gein and Dahmer and Bundy

These guys are so far from what we see in the movies. In the movies they're always sex bombs who know the Right Way, how to be free, and overall really cool.

IRL they're a sorry lot of losers with no direction in life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
4 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

64 by LoveYourEyes »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 2 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
36 minutes ago

» What's the most illegal thing you've ever done? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 15

51 by DesuMaiden »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.