Forum Settings
Forums

President Trump Bars Refugees and Citizens of 7 Muslim Countries

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 30, 2017 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
RedInfinity said:
Why post this on an anime site?

Well this is one of the sub-forums which is about current events and this is one.

Just grab a popcorn and watch if you ask me.
Jan 30, 2017 10:52 AM

Oct 2014
sasalx said:
RedInfinity said:
Why post this on an anime site?

Well this is one of the sub-forums which is about current events and this is one.

Just grab a popcorn and watch if you ask me.

Ah thanks for the clarification, will do
Jan 31, 2017 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Yomiyuki said:
this isn't anywhere near the same thing as anything you're trying to compare it to

I just stated the possibilities; didn't say that is exactly what will happen. They do say what goes around comes around but I hope that you don't have to experience the same (discrimination) at the hands of other nation(s) just because of your religion or origin.

Can't america house, at least, innocent women and children, who are fleeing war and death, on humanitarian grounds? There are not hoards of them as few have the means to get to america yet they find themselves being turned away just because of their religion or origin?!! One really can't justify this sort of decision.

#makeyukichanthinkagain
Ari_the_Lioness said:
Don't compare all of us American to the select few people who did vote for him and agree with this. A LOT of people in this country are not happy or agree with this at all. Do you know how many protests are going on right now? A LOT, that's how many.

I know and I really respect these folks for upholding their moral values as an american and as a human. It is because of such people that hope is not completely lost for humanity. Hats off to you guys. :)
Jan 31, 2017 9:17 AM

Sep 2012
-Frank- said:
Yomiyuki said:
this isn't anywhere near the same thing as anything you're trying to compare it to

I just stated the possibilities; didn't say that is exactly what will happen. They do say what goes around comes around but I hope that you don't have to experience the same (discrimination) at the hands of other nation(s) just because of your religion or origin.

Can't america house, at least, innocent women and children, who are fleeing war and death, on humanitarian grounds? There are not hoards of them as few have the means to get to america yet they find themselves being turned away just because of their religion or origin?!! One really can't justify this sort of decision.

#makeyukichanthinkagain
Ari_the_Lioness said:
Don't compare all of us American to the select few people who did vote for him and agree with this. A LOT of people in this country are not happy or agree with this at all. Do you know how many protests are going on right now? A LOT, that's how many.

I know and I really respect these folks for upholding their moral values as an american and as a human. It is because of such people that hope is not completely lost for humanity. Hats off to you guys. :)

no, i wont, cause im not very religious. and anyone who would discriminate me cause of my origin, can fuck off cause i dont really care. the thinly veiled wishing unto others discrimination in your post is concerning though.
when you say house women and children, how many refugees do you think america should house, cause id really like to know.
and yeah, you kinda can justify it when you look at the transformation of countries like france and sweden into near second-world levels of awfulness in some cities, because of the refugee crisis and bleeding hearts of complete assholes like sweden's goverment

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jan 31, 2017 9:26 AM

Dec 2016
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3263593/Syrian-wives-mothers-left-condemn-men-fled-country-ask-free-protect-wrong-leave-country.html

"Another accuses Syrian men of abandoning women and children, leaving them to rely on 'outsiders' to help the population and fight the war."
Jan 31, 2017 11:01 AM

Jun 2015
Yomiyuki said:
no, i wont, cause im not very religious. and anyone who would discriminate me cause of my origin, can fuck off cause i dont really care. the thinly veiled wishing unto others discrimination in your post is concerning though.
when you say house women and children, how many refugees do you think america should house, cause id really like to know.
and yeah, you kinda can justify it when you look at the transformation of countries like france and sweden into near second-world levels of awfulness in some cities, because of the refugee crisis and bleeding hearts of complete assholes like sweden's goverment

Few are coming to your land as compared to the numbers in france, sweden, germany and you are still stingy about it. what can i say. :'/
Jan 31, 2017 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
I can't decide if this whole thing is funny or depressing.
What is depressing is that I took the time to read this whole thread.

Heddie said:

Interesting how Saudi Arabia (major human rights violator), is not on the list.
$$$

Jan 31, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
-Frank- said:
Yomiyuki said:

Few are coming to your land as compared to the numbers in france, sweden, germany and you are still stingy about it. what can i say. :'/

that's not the best solution here

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jan 31, 2017 11:53 AM

May 2009
The whole outrage over this is both hilarious and stupid. Muslims can still come to the US, just not the ones who come from the blacklisted countries, and only for 90 days.

Also, Obama pulled this stunt when he was still President, too, yet no one seems to be talking about that. I'd love to hear an explanation for this selective amnesia. Heck, many Muslim countries don't allow Jews in their countries, where's the moral outcry about that?

Oh, and why should the US be morally obliged to let these 'refugees' in anyway? The vast majority are economic migrants, and if Europe is anything to go by, there definitely are ISIS terrorists lurking among them, so this looks like a good idea to me. And yes, banning actual Islamic US citizens from entering is stupid, but this is probably a small oversight, not what Trump initially planned, and will probably be resolved soon (at least, I hope so, anyway, as it would be a big thing against Trump if that doesn't get rectified).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.