Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mahoutsukai Precure! Episode 49 Discussion

Jan 21, 2017 6:11 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Finaleeeee~~

It is really romantic. It is like Gopri epilogue, but better and long. T_T
Atleast the ending is great, even I don't really enjoy the ride over the season.

Modified by megmica, Jan 21, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 21, 2017 9:50 PM

Not really end yet, there is one more episode but most like another epilogue.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 22, 2017 12:37 AM
I personally like to consider this episode the ending one, I think it was great and I enjoyed it a lot.

Jan 22, 2017 1:35 PM

Extremely disappointing boss fight

Jan 22, 2017 3:23 PM

Didn't expect a time skip of that magnitude. And we still have the finale left.

Jan 22, 2017 4:53 PM
I was really on board with Mahoutsukai at first. I still stand by my early praise of the show that Mirai, Riko and Kotoha are all great protagonists and that the growth of their relationships was extremely well done during the first part of the series. But man did the show start to drag, especially in the second half! It just kinda felt like they ran out of ideas after introducing the Rainbow Carriage and almost everything afterwards just felt like boring filler. The show didn't even have the gorgeous animation and fight scenes that usually carry the even the franchises weakest episodes, which just lead to many episodes feeling boring.

With all that said the ending was great at the very least - the main focus ended up being where it should have been; On Mirai and Riko's relationship and the ship sailed!!!(probably) I wish they would have cut one of the fillers to give us a longer final battle, but honestly considering the rest of the action being mediocre that's kind of a nitpick.

One episode left before KiraKira and I hope they pull off a good finale so I can solidify my opinion on the show. Currently I'd probably go around a 6 or a low 7, but I'm unsure.

Jan 22, 2017 6:16 PM

Blackbird said:
Not really end yet, there is one more episode but most like another epilogue.

Yeah but we see Mirai's side for this I still can't believe that they show the characters of this season grown up amazing can't wait see them on the last episode also their looks in precure form

Lobke said:
Extremely disappointing boss fight

Yeah I want the whole episode of action but it 7 minutes boss fight that sucks

Jan 23, 2017 2:57 AM

The next episode is like Kamen Rider epilogue that will feature/introduce new mc, in this case, ichika.

So, it was filler. And we could count this episode as finale.

Jan 23, 2017 3:08 AM
This is one of the best endings from all precure series. Really love how they met again after they already in college.

Kind of disappointed in the final attack though. Not very much impact and ends in 10 minutes or so only while they have not 'fight' hard enough.

Jan 23, 2017 3:30 AM

Lol this was the only good episode of this season.

Jan 27, 2017 9:55 AM

Extremely disappointing final antagonist fight. And we still never got a clear explanation why there were 2 sets of villains. I understand that the principal's friend was the origin of the first set and delved into dark magic but no explanation of the actual henchmen and the final sets of villains came out of like no where and did not connect well at all to me.

But, is anyone else crying over that amazingly emotional rest of the episode? There is no reason for another ep, this can be considered the finale.

Forum icon by Yandere

Jan 28, 2017 7:11 PM

So I finally managed to catch up and watch the entire season in a week and I have to say I haven't been able to marathon a season that quickly since 5, fresh and princess. but with those I gave myself a month to finish with this I messed up but still managed.

I honestly have to say that this has amazing if not the best character development of any of the precure seasons although I'm still bothered by riko/liko mainly because she looks so much like honoka from futari wa precure and I just couldn't get that out of my mind once I noticed it. I basically said this is honoka done right instead of being perfect she's trying to be perfect while showing other character traits. I hate that I'm going to say this but this is a yuri fans dream come true not going to say anymore just going to leave it at that.

Jan 31, 2017 1:44 PM

While the fight itself was pretty weak, everything after that was quite touching. This episode also had some great voice acting!

Feb 13, 2017 3:55 AM

i wonder what the last episode will be about, since this episode feels quite conclusive already.

Aug 13, 2017 5:25 AM

Took me some time to finish this season, but now it's all done.

The fight was a little disappointing and feel like they could have done a bit more for it, but still this was an enjoyable season. It kinda feel's like a better version of Max Heart at times. Not as much action, but great development.

Sep 19, 2018 6:09 AM

The ending was touching, but the boss fight was very, very weak. probably the weakest I've seen in Precure.
Deusmast, the unending chaos, the devourer of worlds so strong that he had to be sealed inside the sun... got beat in less than half an episode.
wow.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Sep 22, 2018 2:46 AM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

7 mins to beat the main antagonist holy shit was that a really underwhelming final fight.

The rest of the episode was was fine but I'm not too highly attached to the characters for it to have cause me to get emotional or anything really.