Forum Settings
Forums
Blood Lad
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2017 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So awesome :D

Feb 6, 2017 10:48 PM
Jul 2016
im so sad having to say goodbye to everyone
Aug 20, 2017 2:06 PM
Aug 2017
Can someone translate the last page of the chapter 85 thanks.
Aug 24, 2017 2:04 PM

Aug 2012
Well it wrapped up nicely I suppose. Staz going to the human world made sense from chapter 1, but now it holds so much more weight, it makes for a really nice/somewhat bittersweet end.

Implications of Wolf x Bell are there of course, and some nice words from Braz to put a wrap on things. I'm still pretty disappointed in the lack of resolution with a lot of characters, especially Akim, but overall I enjoyed the hell out of the manga, and I'll really miss binge reading the english volumes as they're released.

Also really glad I waited to watch that PV till after I read the volume. I wish more manga got promo vids like that.

Emerald-Senpai said:

The last line is Fuyumi saying "Nice to meet you too....Staz-san" which is important because the teacher introduced him as Staz-kun.
Aug 25, 2017 12:02 AM
Aug 2017
AlexTheRiot said:
Well it wrapped up nicely I suppose. Staz going to the human world made sense from chapter 1, but now it holds so much more weight, it makes for a really nice/somewhat bittersweet end.

Implications of Wolf x Bell are there of course, and some nice words from Braz to put a wrap on things. I'm still pretty disappointed in the lack of resolution with a lot of characters, especially Akim, but overall I enjoyed the hell out of the manga, and I'll really miss binge reading the english volumes as they're released.

Also really glad I waited to watch that PV till after I read the volume. I wish more manga got promo vids like that.

Emerald-Senpai said:

The last line is Fuyumi saying "Nice to meet you too....Staz-san" which is important because the teacher introduced him as Staz-kun.

I see thank you and then after this page there are a few pages that show fuyumi as a normal girl and then entering a curtain. This page is reminding us of how it all began right ?
Aug 25, 2017 3:50 AM

Apr 2012
I think that the door is just still there
Aug 25, 2017 9:25 AM
Aug 2017
kamijoan said:
I think that the door is just still there

So you translated the lines on that page ?
Aug 25, 2017 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
nope, just my overall understanding of the ending
Sep 15, 2017 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
aah, that was a nice ride :D I read all the volumes starting from 4 in one go and it was pretty fun.
Thank you Kodama-sensei!
Oct 10, 2017 6:37 AM
Jun 2014
pretty good end, I would have liked a more full happy end, but better not be greedy
ch.82 and 83 were sweet enough.
Oct 11, 2017 9:59 PM
Feb 2015
Does anyone knows what the panel says ? in the book bad fruit-kun
Oct 13, 2017 11:24 PM
Oct 2017
AlexTheRiot said:

Emerald-Senpai said:

So that means that Fuyumi goes back to The Demon world ? Did she and Staz are at the end together ? ( cos in the last panel her friends were talking about some guy that is in love with Fuyumi)
Oct 14, 2017 7:06 AM

Aug 2012
zaffremoon4 said:
AlexTheRiot said:

So that means that Fuyumi goes back to The Demon world ? Did she and Staz are at the end together ? ( cos in the last panel her friends were talking about some guy that is in love with Fuyumi)
Nope other way around, Staz went to the human world. It's implied they'll be together, even if they have to start over, so to speak.
Nov 12, 2017 8:04 PM

Jun 2012
So Staz is willing to discard all his fame and glory as a demon and stay by Fuyumi's standard of normal. It's a nice wrap of ending...

Nice pacing of the story overall.
Jan 5, 2018 3:12 PM

Dec 2011
i'm sorry for waking up this thread but has this been thoroughly scanlated? 'cause i can't find anything past 73rd chapter online.

just wondering how did you guys manage to finish the series?
thanks in advance.
Mar 12, 2018 11:34 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty satisfying ending.
Mar 23, 2018 7:29 AM
Jul 2008
This was a more satisfying ending than I thought we were gonna get. Also I love that little detail where the teacher calls them Yannagi and Staz-kun but they refer to each other as Fuyumi and Staz-san implying they remember each other. Such a good way to end the series and really wish this was more popular because it such a fun read isn't that what all manga should be, fun?
Apr 24, 2018 1:33 AM

Nov 2014
Sooo... what happened with Akim's heart?

Half of this manga was buildup for final battle. A bit too long for me.
Ending is nice, though I'd prefer if author didn't complicate it with memory loss. It's not like having perfectly happy end somehow lowers artistic quality of story (contrary to popular belief...).

Fun read, but it wasn't that great imo.
May 16, 2018 2:07 PM
Aug 2015
arnoldc64 said:
This was a more satisfying ending than I thought we were gonna get. Also I love that little detail where the teacher calls them Yannagi and Staz-kun but they refer to each other as Fuyumi and Staz-san implying they remember each other. Such a good way to end the series and really wish this was more popular because it such a fun read isn't that what all manga should be, fun?

Staz had no issue with his memories no? He just chose to live his new life as a "human" and believed that Fuyumi will remember him which she did.
Sep 25, 2018 9:53 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, so Staz does decide to come back to the human world in the end to meet Fuyumi. Here's to more adventures in the future! This turned out to be the final chapter but overall, I think it was a pretty sweet ride.

7/10.
Mar 4, 2019 11:03 PM
Apr 2014
Any thoughts on Akim? His heart was still separated right? Surprised his fate wasn't addressed considering some wanted to save him?
May 26, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2017
^ agree I came here to find out about Akim tho, they went through so much to get his heart and then just nothing happens. That was kinda disappointing otherwise ending was pretty decent.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Jun 9, 2019 2:25 PM
Jun 2019
So...does she remember everything?
Jun 27, 2019 8:22 AM
Jan 2019
ZELYNER said:
So...does she remember everything?

seems like she does
Oct 29, 2019 2:13 AM

Apr 2018
Perfect ending 9/10 in my opinion
Mar 5, 2020 3:55 PM
Feb 2020
Sadly, no, she doesn't remember anything - you can tell because when she found the picture of herself and Staz she didn't know who he was and when that picture was even taken. Which is a shitty ending in my opinion. Why do authors avoid happy endings that much?
I guess she has some subconscious memories / feelings for him, that's why she's calling him Staz-san - after all she said she feels like something is missing from her.
Apr 10, 2020 7:52 AM

Apr 2016
DocArgon said:
Sadly, no, she doesn't remember anything - you can tell because when she found the picture of herself and Staz she didn't know who he was and when that picture was even taken. Which is a shitty ending in my opinion. Why do authors avoid happy endings that much?
I guess she has some subconscious memories / feelings for him, that's why she's calling him Staz-san - after all she said she feels like something is missing from her.

No you didnt get it at all stop talking like you did. It went way over your head.

The meaning of the exploding apple is that humans retain their memory of the demon world even through reincarnation. That's why Staz believes in it, at the end of the series he calls out to her by her first name and she replies to him as she normally would because she remembers him. (She uses his first name)
Aug 17, 2020 6:54 AM
May 2020
My first manga!! Pretty good experience!
Sep 3, 2020 8:16 AM

Feb 2011
It was a very good manga. Picked it up where the anime left off. I loved Liz's transformation from quiet and timid character to snarky and cool.

The ending was great.. little sad, would've been nice to see more...

I wouldn't mind a SoL manga of them just living in the human world and maybe Fuyumi starts getting her memories back somehow.

Seeing him refer to her as "Fuyumi" at the end with no honorific was something i didnt catch till just now thanks to this thread, after he's introduced as Staz-Kun and referred to as staz-san

Watching them fall for eachother for so long just to have her lose all memories was almost too bittersweet.

Good read.

Dec 8, 2020 7:58 PM

Aug 2013
I thought the series overall was enjoyable with the strongest parts being the world building, Braz, and Staz’s family’s dynamics. Weakest part to me was the ecchi.
Jan 1, 2021 2:47 AM

Nov 2018
Back to human world, the story was decent read now that it is finished. Reading it while it was still released really dampened the fun.
Feb 2, 2021 1:12 AM
Aug 2020
Mywifesson said:
DocArgon said:

No you didnt get it at all stop talking like you did. It went way over your head.

The meaning of the exploding apple is that humans retain their memory of the demon world even through reincarnation. That's why Staz believes in it, at the end of the series he calls out to her by her first name and she replies to him as she normally would because she remembers him. (She uses his first name)
is this some type of japanese tale? where can i read more about the meaning of the exploding apple.
Apr 23, 2022 7:14 PM

May 2021
Quite satisfying way for the ending. I am sad that Fuyumi will lose all of her memories in the times of her being a demon but glad she actually remembered :)

TheFoldGod said:
Mywifesson said:

is this some type of japanese tale? where can i read more about the meaning of the exploding apple.

I don't think it's in any tale.

They have mentioned about the daibolic apple previously in chapter 47 page 20-ish. If you remember (or you could just check on the chapter again), the apple was found in one of Staz's manga when they are trying to find a hint to defeat Akim by searching through Staz's library.

In that manga of his, the scenario stated that the apple's shelf life is forever (meaning that it will never get rotten) and if someone try to eat it, the apple will explode. In reality, Staz possesses that very apple stated in the manga, which means that the whole thing about the apple isn't completely a fiction because he has it in his room. He even tried to eat the apple and turns out the apple really did explode, except it was rotten inside so the "shelf life is forever" part is a lie and a fiction. As the chapter said, basically it means half of what's in the manga can be their reality.

Something related to the could-be-mangaka's previous demon life, and how the demon world and human world work in a cycle, the memories of someone in either of these 2 world can be retained I guess? Because if this is not possible, in no way can the mangaka or author convey the fiction in manga that's supposed to be the demon world's reality from the author's memory of previous life. This is what Staz believes in.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Mar 6, 2023 5:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So while being revived and somewhat losing her memories, Staz is following her in the human world this time! That was a lovely ending actually, I liked this manga more than I thought I'll miss it!
Jan 9, 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to TJCanterbury
Any thoughts on Akim? His heart was still separated right? Surprised his fate wasn't addressed considering some wanted to save him?
@TJCanterbury
I came here just to see if anyone else remembered this plot line!

Overall, the ending was very satisfying and I couldn’t have pictured it in a better way. A small extra as to what the (unnecessarily large) cast are doing now would have been better though. Does Yoshida continue to mimic Staz whilst he’s in the human world? Who is watching Wolf’s territory? How is Liz? Did Shamkid ever melt Kelly’s heart? Did Patty and Burgundy ever kiss? And, of course, did Akim get redirected – perhaps in a less power hungry state?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood Lad Chapter 10 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jun 26, 2011

11 by OnigirisBasket »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:06 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Chapter 5 Discussion

sayami - Jun 21, 2011

3 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Chapter 2 Discussion

sayami - Jun 20, 2011

5 by ababbbb9 »»
Jul 25, 2023 10:44 PM

» Did the manga get a satisfying end?

TheExile285 - Feb 17, 2017

6 by alanzoka »»
Jul 21, 2023 4:52 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Chapter 62 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

9 by michaelchristmas »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.