Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2010 12:24 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Vampire Hunt!
Doesn't seem to work out that well though..
I guess Akira will come to their defense or there won't be any humans left in that school.
Feb 11, 2010 2:33 AM

Jun 2009
So this was basically chapter 10 in the manga, it wasn't too bad. I still don't get candy girl's purpose/role in the series. Mina was very pissed. And lol @ GONDAM & Pikachu(?).
Feb 11, 2010 2:43 AM

May 2009
Still wondering how Meiren fits in all of this, or what she is (am starting to think she's a fellow werewolf, alongside Akira and not a vampire).

Judging by the current plot development, next episode should be very interesting.

lol @ the Vampire Mad bit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2010 3:21 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm..somehow it's different with these new characters..let see how they played the next episode
Feb 11, 2010 3:39 AM

Apr 2008
Something tells me Meiren is gonna end up facing off against Akira especially after he fixes things with Mina >_> overall ok episode. I don't know the whole grandson situation felt better played out in the manga >_>
Feb 11, 2010 3:43 AM

Oct 2009
That's it I am pissed off with over 1 billion power level! Mina did this=>
to Shinya? Unforgivable...I don't care what reason she had but biting him is the sign for me to buy for 1000$ illegal explosive bullets and kill all vampires except they don't exist in real life so I will instead have fun with the target practice.... Bet anything Hikosaka got bitten by President to be a vampire but Akira doing this to him=>
was +1. They should have never opened that door and Akira should have never left in the first place. Also Akira should just reveal his true form and explain to all that werewolves always fought vampires in the past. I do want to see that fight of Akira VS Mina it looks GIF epic to make. Mina is dead for me.....I smell trouble because of this=>
Obviously the best parts were these:Akira getting angry at Mina and Yuki x Akira..so cute :3

Overall let's kill all the vampires and get rid of them...any anime that's good at seeing this? Need to calm down my power level....
AO968 said:
Still wondering how Meiren fits in all of this, or what she is (am starting to think she's a fellow werewolf, alongside Akira and not a vampire).
No she is not a fellow werewolf she might be half but she has fangs and did not say she is there to protect the vampire lineage?
Darklight0303 said:
Something tells me Meiren is gonna end up facing off against Akira especially after he fixes things with Mina >_>
I would not mind Akira killing her and Mina...that would be nice.... :D
-Hei- said:
So this was basically chapter 10 in the manga, it wasn't too bad. I still don't get candy girl's purpose/role in the series.
She said it...to protect the vampire lineage and be like a bodyguard to Mina....right?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 11, 2010 3:54 AM

Apr 2008
Francis I advise you take a chill pill. you don't know everything that happened with the kid especially before he was returned so back off

also you're in for a very large dissapointment next episode or the one after that and frankly I CANNOT wait since you're starting to piss me off a bit with your little righteous crusade
Feb 11, 2010 4:09 AM

Dec 2008
The scene when they opened the door reminds me of those zombie films. Ive not read the manga but I can sort of predict this vampire hunting humans kind of thing happening happening... so typical :P

I hope the next episode will have some good action sequences...
Feb 11, 2010 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Unforgivable...I don't care what reason she had but biting him is the sign for me to buy for 1000$ illegal explosive bullets and kill all vampires except they don't exist in real life so I will instead have fun with the target practice.

You'd want to kill a whole race/species because of the actions of one?
That being said I bet there are humans who'd torture a child, kill it or whatever for using that as a "weak point" against someone.
So go buy bullets and shoot every human now, have fun.
Destiny~
Feb 11, 2010 4:20 AM

Jul 2009
Why the rage over one insignificant human child?
There are BILLIONS out there for Christ sake...

Anyway I would so have dropped this if it weren't for the manga, starting to get really pissed at the art of this show, it's hurtful just to watch it >.<
And what's up with SHAFTs fixation with badly drawn eyes? Honestly all together ~2min of this episode is composed of still pictures of eyes.. talk about a cheap and lazy way of doing things.

AO968 said:

Yeah I'm very curious as to who she actually is too, and more importantly who she works for.
Werewolf? Maybe (you never know with SHAFT^^)
It would be the most plausible choice since presumably she have taste buds (why else the candy?) and she didn't have any visible fans.
Feb 11, 2010 4:28 AM

Jul 2009
Meiren said she is protecting the lineage..which in this case i think she will be in the way of Akira x Mina thing

She probably the underling of some people who tried to hinder the build of the bund, you know the guys who presumably giving money to the PM, but i don't know.. Tee Hee
Feb 11, 2010 4:43 AM
Jun 2008
If Mina is the queen of vampire then Yuki will become the queen of human(i think )....base on the vampire story that I watch in Japanese anime, both race will coexist no matter what in the end ^^ good is evil ;evil is good ....Lets wait the dark story of human to be foretold .....
Feb 11, 2010 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Francis I advise you take a chill pill. you don't know everything that happened with the kid especially before he was returned so back off

All I do know it was that he was bitten, sucked all his blood and crying....if that does not make you angry then I have news for you....I am and expressing it I am also.
Darklight0303 said:
also you're in for a very large dissapointment next episode or the one after that and frankly I CANNOT wait since you're starting to piss me off a bit with your little righteous crusade
righteous crusade? Would allow your kid to have the same fate? I certainly would not and start something like a righteous crusade with fellow people.....not many would oppose like in the vampire movies....they always go on that righteous crusade when something like that happens. Now where is a paladin when you need one?
Manatsu-chan said:
francismeunier said:
Unforgivable...I don't care what reason she had but biting him is the sign for me to buy for 1000$ illegal explosive bullets and kill all vampires except they don't exist in real life so I will instead have fun with the target practice.

You'd want to kill a whole race/species because of the actions of one?
That being said I bet there are humans who'd torture a child, kill it or whatever for using that as a "weak point" against someone.
So go buy bullets and shoot every human now, have fun.

I would not do that literally but I do like to vent off on the range to target practice when I get angry and if there some people like that....there is always a death penalty for them....another race is a different story....don't you think? Fact is...this is vampire hunt time.
EternalDreamer said:
What makes you think the billions would not be turned into vampires if one was set as example?
gloryfy said:
If Mina is the queen of vampire then Yuki will become the queen of human(i think )....base on the vampire story that I watch in Japanese anime, both race will coexist no matter what in the end ^^ good is evil ;evil is good ....Lets wait the dark story of human to be foretold .....
I like your thinking of Yuki and let's hope she mates with Akira to created lycanthropes to protect that human race.

Feb 11, 2010 5:43 AM

Apr 2008
................ why the hell do I even bother *facepalm*
*fights URGE to fREAKIN spoil you to the pits of despair*
Feb 11, 2010 5:45 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
................ why the hell do I even bother *facepalm*
Go ahead with the spoiler in PM or on my profile....I don't mind at all.

Feb 11, 2010 6:01 AM

Jun 2008
EternalDreamer said:
I hope that's irony.
francismeunier said:
I like your thinking of Yuki and let's hope she mates with Akira to created lycanthropes to protect that human race.
So creating vampires is a bad thing while creating werewolves is a good thing and benefits the human race? I see.
francismeunier said:
Darklight0303 said:
Go ahead with the spoiler in PM or on my profile....I don't mind at all.
Who would want that?!?

all logic has been abandoned..
Feb 11, 2010 6:08 AM

Apr 2008
LOL thing is it only takes ONE single manga page to kill his hopes but frankly I rather let the anime "Hopefully" do it >:D

Also did a quick scan of chapter 10. Now I know why I felt like hurling my lunch during the oh so sickening scene between Akira and Yuki this episode. IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Darklight0303Feb 11, 2010 6:14 AM
Feb 11, 2010 6:15 AM
Dec 2008
EternalDreamer said:

Oh man...

I wonder how's the anime going to end, will it be an anime original or an open end? I'm not sure what's worse though. That been said, the anime it's getting pretty good right now that I wouldn't believe it's the same series as the first episode, so yeah, I like. It does need more badass Akira though, I hope that's fixed next week.
Feb 11, 2010 6:21 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
LOL thing is it only takes ONE single manga page to kill his hopes but frankly I rather let the anime "Hopefully" do it >:D

Also did a quick scan of chapter 10. Now I know why I felt like hurling my lunch during the oh so sickening scene between Akira and Yuki this episode. IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Ah too bad about that....wonder if I will win my hope of Yuki x Akira like I did in 11eyes.....hmmmmm >:D

Feb 11, 2010 6:21 AM
Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
sound like a movie called "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" ....Wow,i never thought of that.I thought Akira and Yuki will fight in the name of HUMAN race.....( cant't wait for the next episode ^^ )
Feb 11, 2010 6:28 AM

Apr 2008
francismeunier said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ah too bad about that....wonder if I will win my hope of Yuki x Akira like I did in 11eyes.....hmmmmm >:D

you keep praying for that.
Darklight0303Feb 11, 2010 6:51 AM
Feb 11, 2010 6:38 AM
Dec 2008
francismeunier said:

;__;

If only.
Feb 11, 2010 7:00 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
francismeunier said:
Darklight0303 said:

I like that smile....we will see about that and so the bet is on!

Feb 11, 2010 7:06 AM

Apr 2008
There's not even any bet since the outcome is known but sure whatever floats your boat
Feb 11, 2010 7:30 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was so cliche that it hurt to watch.
Feb 11, 2010 8:18 AM

Nov 2008
Doesn't anyone else feel this show is seriously lacking something? For some reason I really can't get into the story, it's almost, dare I say it, sleep-inducing. Have these red screens become the trademark of SHAFT already or is it still 'laziness' on their part?
desolatoFeb 11, 2010 8:24 AM
Feb 11, 2010 8:35 AM

May 2007
It wasn't enough that they sent Akira away, they had to go and open the door.

No limits to stupidity.

Feb 11, 2010 8:41 AM

Nov 2008
Darklight0303 said:

Right now I'm picturing a guy with the most cynical smirk ever. I love it.
Feb 11, 2010 8:53 AM

Jan 2009
Still, one of the very few lolis that I like ( ̄ー ̄)
But who the crap is that braided girl? She's just so damn random. ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Though since she says she's there to protect the lineage of the vampires...

See, Mina's plan worked just perfectly ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Uhm.. Except for Akira being suspicious of Mina, though it's supposed to be like this, so it's .. Not unexpected, maybe the gravity of his suspicion is a bit exaggerated, but.. Oh well~ ( ´-‿-)
Still, stupid stupid Hiko ┐(-。ー')┌
And Akira's too much francis-ish in this episode, too much of this righteousness, what's right to do this, what's wrong to do that, etc. (¬_¬)
Also,

Stupid people, they're just.. So damn stupid guys щ(゚Д゚щ)
Oh well, we'll get the godawesome church-scene, which.. Isn't really that awesome, but way better than most stuff so far : p
And.. GONDAM! (‐^▽^‐)

francismeunier said:
Darklight0303 said:
First, it's funny how that actually never happened, right? : > Second.. No francis, don't you dare drag 11eyes into this. (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
And.. Way to shatter your dream, but you won't ever get a Akira×Yuki ending, because Shaft won't make crap ( ゚ ー ゚)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 11, 2010 9:16 AM
Feb 2009
*lol at forum discussion* i didnt read the manga so i guess i shouldnt comment on it... ^_^"

*lol at those student opening the door* wasnt it obvious people that attacked by vampire will become vampire themselves?
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 11, 2010 9:18 AM

Apr 2008
desolato said:
Darklight0303 said:

Mission accomplished then. >:D

@Oosran: amen to that!
Feb 11, 2010 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
flame_tiong said:
*lol at those student opening the door* wasnt it obvious people that attacked by vampire will become vampire themselves?
Oh I think it was, but when they heard who was at the other side of the door, they just went "Oooh kaichou is back!" and simply lost all kind of reason. Stupid indeed

desolato said:
Darklight0303 said:

Somehow.. I keep picturing myself when you say "a guy with the most cynical smirk ever" xD.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 11, 2010 9:38 AM

Apr 2008
Oosran said:
flame_tiong said:
Oh I think it was, but when they heard who was at the other side of the door, they just went "Oooh kaichou is back!" and simply lost all kind of reason. Stupid indeed

desolato said:
Darklight0303 said:

Somehow.. I keep picturing myself when you say "a guy with the most cynical smirk ever" xD.

Ah yes the mindless sheep syndrome >_> such a cliche method in most horrors involving any kind of monster >_>

LOL that makes two of us then XD
Feb 11, 2010 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
It is not my intention to criticize to start a flame, and let it be clear that I did not read the manga.

This is the situation so far: the story is slow and dumb, no action, no romance, no politics (come on, blackmailing the Prime Minister kidnapping his son and holding the stock market by the balls is NOT politics), no interesting characters, no suddent turns of events and no (more) delicious lolis. Oh, and stupid CG candy. Sure, direction is good, but I'm not hooked to anyone or anything

Maybe I expected something else and I misread the direction of the show, but the first couple of episodes were pretty clear: action, humor, parody (of Japan, of anime, of the show itself). All I see is an aimless puppet show.
DesirioFeb 11, 2010 10:03 AM
Feb 11, 2010 10:00 AM

Jan 2009
Then by all means, do read the manga : D
Feb 11, 2010 10:05 AM

Apr 2009
It was my intention, but anime should be able to stand on their own legs, otherwise it's borderline fanservice.
Unless it's a cross-media production to begin with, and I think this is not the case. :)
Feb 11, 2010 10:08 AM

Feb 2009
GONDAAAAM!!...wait wrong show...

Well it's not a bad episode...although those bite marks. What are they, airholes? With wounds that big, they should be bleeding somehow or is it that these vampires have special something in their fangs that prevent it from closing and bleeding? Minor details I know... Mina getting mad is cool. Oh and stupid student body for opening the door...
Feb 11, 2010 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
belatkuro said:
although those bite marks. What are they, airholes?

I don't know about the "original" folklore vampires, but (just like for zombies, wizards, etc...) there are several kind of vampires, depending from the book/movie/anime you take them from.

One kind has no blood flow in their body, so none could come out of it even with the holes, hence the need to drink blood from human beings.
Feb 11, 2010 10:46 AM

Mar 2009
If Mina didn't keep Akira in the dark so much, they wouldn't have to go through all this.

Feb 11, 2010 11:06 AM

Apr 2008
108s9001 said:
If Mina didn't keep Akira in the dark so much, they wouldn't have to go through all this.

Very true. Then again she was probably hoping for his trust in her to be greater than that. :(
Feb 11, 2010 11:09 AM

Oct 2007
One of the best episode yet. Akira found out about Mina's doing and Mina pissed off with Akira. And then Akira starting a war again Mina. Yeah!! this is the kind of show I want to see now, not some random loli going around talking about promise and end with love.

I am not really sure about why Meiren doing all this thing. She said that she is protecting the lineage but what she is doing right now is trying to tell Akira about what Mina is up to which seem to be go against her own role. As we have seen, Mina seems to have a lot of enemies around her but she stated in the past that she is building the bund to protect the good vampires.

I guess what we are missing right now is the real bad buy who seems to be the reason why Mina have to build the bund at all cost.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 11, 2010 12:13 PM

Sep 2007
What a shame... Akira's turned into a self righteous hypocritical tool. Yuki better have a real role in this other than being the generic useless third wheel romance.

Lol at francisnerdrage. The hypocrisy is astounding.
Feb 11, 2010 12:21 PM

May 2008
Ah fuck. And after all the trouble Akira went through to tell them how sly vampires were, and the idiots STILL opened the damn door. ://

Feb 11, 2010 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like Shaft hit their threshold. This was as stagnant as it was badly directed. I honestly can't think of a single good development in this episode. I was bored out of my mind.
Feb 11, 2010 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
Ugh... honestly, my head hurts after watching this episode. How can a series that, on paper, does so many things right, still do so many things wrong?

I mean, this is what i've been waiting for. The moment the show stops its dreary, boring pace and actually does something. And whilst the excitement of stuff actually happening is the first time I can say i've really enjoyed the series, this is the first time it has become a true Wall Banger as opposed to just an incredibly boring show.

For one, I can't say I ever liked Mina as a character before, although I didn't really dislike her that much, which is a shame since it's obvious she's the only character the writers give a shit about. But now? She crossed the line. She's now a pretty much irredeemable character. How the hell can we be expected to sympathize with that?

But wait, now they seem to be playing her as the villain... while that's better than the alternative, it still seems ridiculously inconsistent. I mean, it may have been tolerable if they had actually focused on Akira as the protagonist instead before now... but no, as I said before, the writers care about Mina and ONLY MINA.

What pisses me off the most, though, is the ending. This show, on paper, is a fantastic deconstruction of the horribly overused and now unoriginal vampire genre. So why the hell are they succumbing to stupid horror clichés like this? This, by far, is the biggest Wall Banger in the series so far.

All in all, I give the episode a 4/10.
Feb 11, 2010 1:31 PM

Jun 2009
Hey, just noticing this now, but does anyone think the of Modern Warfare 2 map in the OP? (When Mina is dancing)

And it looks like the "rebels" are in some deep trouble...

Why is Akira going against Mina? i mean she DOES have to support a nation.
Feb 11, 2010 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
Idiots how can the president be safe? I'm pretty sure once a vampire gets you, they will immediately bite you on the neck.
Feb 11, 2010 1:55 PM

Jan 2010
lol! i'm loving this forum so far! this episode was good for me because the fight is going to start soon... aka, when all secrets are reveled and people who hate Mina will hit thereselves in the face saying "Why did I think that she was pure evil?"
Anyways, I love Mina. She is fighting for her nation SO that vampires don't have to live in the human world where they can kill humans (so Mina's practically fighting for the good of everyone!).
Oh, and I loved her calm reaction when Akira was questioning her... she's all like "If you believe that, then I can't change your mind." He will probably be smacking his face, too *refers to my first paragraph.* But then the calm ended and she threw a desk xD

Oh, all that bugged me about this episode was how Akira told Yuki that he didn't give away her ring... but in the manga, he barely cares about Yuki and

Oh, well. In all, I believe that this episode is heading in the direction of the manga, which is good for AkiraxMina fans!
Feb 11, 2010 1:59 PM

Sep 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
lol! i'm loving this forum so far! this episode was good for me because the fight is going to start soon... aka, when all secrets are reveled and people who hate Mina will hit thereselves in the face saying "Why did I think that she was pure evil?"
Anyways, I love Mina. She is fighting for her nation SO that vampires don't have to live in the human world where they can kill humans (so Mina's practically fighting for the good of everyone!).
Oh, and I loved her calm reaction when Akira was questioning her... she's all like "If you believe that, then I can't change your mind." He will probably be smacking his face, too *refers to my first paragraph.* But then the calm ended and she threw a desk xD

Oh, all that bugged me about this episode was how Akira told Yuki that he didn't give away her ring... but in the manga, he barely cares about Yuki and

Oh, well. In all, I believe that this episode is heading in the direction of the manga, which is good for AkiraxMina fans!

After reading this, I am of the distinct opinion that if the writers bring Mina back from the depths of "evil bitch", then her character will be badly written and clearly indecisive.

And the supposed spoiler there is a massive Wall Banger... that just shows how badly written a character Akira is too. Honestly, this is really going i nthe wrong direction at 500mph.
Feb 11, 2010 2:25 PM

Apr 2008
Akira is a badly written character IN THE ANIME due to the fucked up start of the series
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.