Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 1, 2017 8:48 PM

Mar 2013
It's 2017, who even still watches anime? I mean, why bother, when Trump’s twitter is like 5 times more interesting and original, and with better animation to boot?

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

It’s a show about bureaucracy.

See, this is why everybody should just shut up and take it when they announce 3rd season of whatever milked to death franchise, because when you ask for originality, this is the kind of shit they deliver.

Akiba's Trip The Animation

It's a show based on a game where you run around weeaboo Mecca defeating these... vampire... things....

By stripping them naked in broad daylight.

This is either the best idea Japan's ever had, or the worst.

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen

First season aired like 5 years ago, meaning it’s not my job to explain to you what the fuck this is.

BanG Dream!

Give it a try if you like the character designs on the poster, I guess. Literally cannot think of another reason to watch this.

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari

Is there any kind of adaptation more likely to disappoint than a video game adaptation? No, there isn't, so why would you watch an adaptation of a completely un-noteworthy mobile game?

ChäoS;Child

Where will this fall on the semicolon scale of anime goodness? Occultic;Nine out of Steins;Gate? Tune in to find out. Or don't.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

The next stage in Japan’s grand experiment to test the limits of what can and cannot be moe-ified. We got ship bitches, we got monster bitches, now we got … whatever the fuck this is.

Is it already too late to ask if science has gone too far?

Fuuka

Yet another anime whose entire premise could have been totally avoided if these girls just wore regulation length skirts. But then again, most anime would be completely pointless if the girls wore regulation length skirts.

Gabriel DropOut

If god doesn't smite these fuckers who ripped off his characters and turned it into.... whatever the fuck this shit is, I think we can be pretty sure that the big man in the sky doesn't exist. Either that or he's just a weeaboo.

Gintama (2017)

Step aside, Kimi no Na wa. Hope you enjoyed your time at the top.

Hand Shakers

I have no idea what the fuck the plot description is going on about but it sounds like chuuni shit, and the highlights on the PV are so overdone it's basically like staring into a searchlight for two minutes, so I'm pretty sure only a true masochist would watch this shit.

Idol Jihen

C’mon Japan, keep pumping out pointless variations on the idol trend, fucking milk that shit dry as fast as possible so we can all finally be done with this shit.

Kemono Friends

Oh fuck no none of this furry shit please.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

You know the industry's fallen on hard times when KyoAni is reduced to making this shit about a dragon maid transforming… thing.

Clearly, One Punch Man failed to save anime.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2

Is it that time already?

Kuzu no Honkai

Probably the kind of romance your edgy pre-teen sister would be into.

Little Witch Academia (TV)

Either you've seen the shorts and already know you want to watch this, or your life to date has been a waste.

Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang

Apparently the idol shows market is just too over-saturated at the moment, so now they have to try and play the same card on the fujoshis. I mean, it is literally just the same shit, only genderswapped.

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Is this show going to be a deep and meaningful lesson on the pointlessness of vengeance and the value of forgiveness and compassion?

Hell naw dawg, everyone's just here for dat ass.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu

Apparently it's a thing now that we have to have at least one cycling show per season, and that show must be so generic as to be indistinguishable from all the others.

Onihei

Is there any anime genre the west cares about less than historical dramas?

Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku

Wait, how the fuck did a show based off a chinese web novel get a second season?

Rewrite: Moon and Terra

First season only managed a 6.7 so I just kinda assume that means if you care (read: are “intrigued” by the moe character designs) you should probably just read the VN.

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel

Apparently it's adapted from a smartphone "light novel-style RPG" app, cause, y'know, just adapting some random shitty light novel wasn't cancerous enough so they had to bastardize it a bit more.

Gotta stand out in this market somehow.

Seiren

“This campus romantic comedy, “SEIREN” (Seiren means honest in Japanese), depicts his pure relationship with three different heroines.”

Wut

Apparently harems are now considered “pure” in Japan, not that it seems to have done shit to help their flogging birthrate.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

A show about traditional Japanese comedic storytelling and made by studio DEEN.

You'd think that would be a recipe for disaster but it must be doing something right if first season managed an 8.59 on MAL.

Super Lovers 2

Please god no, why is this even allowed to exist.

Tales of Zestiria the X (2017)

Second season of smug-ass Edna faces.

Urara Meirochou

It’s moeshit. Just moeshit. Pure moeshit. Nothing to see here but sickening amounts of moe.

Youjo Senki

It's actually quite convenient in that it doesn't matter what the show's about, or who's on the staff, or whatever; that fucking poster alone lets me know immediately that if I still want working eyes at the end of the season, I shouldn't watch this show.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation

If I had to choose, I'd bet on this one being the better cycling show this season.

ēlDLIVE

It’s a show about space cops, which, as far as I can tell, is the least generic aspect of the entire show.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 1, 2017 9:25 PM

Mar 2008
fst said:
Please god no, why is this even allowed to exist.

yo, I think you needa let Zerg "civilize" you
Jan 1, 2017 9:25 PM

Jul 2010
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Maybe will give a try or maybe not at all...

Akiba's Trip The Animation

I played the game but doesn't look like it's any of the characters from that but eh they were mostly trash anyways, might aswell give this a shot.

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen

Haven't even seen the first season *shrugs*

BanG Dream!

I like my idol/band stuff sometimes so maybe will give it a shot but might also just wait instead and watch it all at once.

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari

I don't give a fuck about some video game adaptation, pass.

ChäoS;Child

Not this shit again... why was this greenlit?

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Cute demons doing cute demon things? .....not sure.

Fuuka

No....I've heard enough shit about this one.

Gabriel DropOut

Cancerous KanaHana is in this so dropped already.

Gintama (2017)

More Gintama, more greatness.

Hand Shakers

Does it even involve hand shaking?

Idol Jihen

More idol shit....maybe?

Kemono Friends

Dafuq did I just read with that synopsis....

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

Fuck yes i'll watch this, liked the manga and doesn't look like KyoAni trash the artstyle too much but combine it with their own to a good mix.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2

Obviously

Kuzu no Honkai

Looks like a trashy romance show...no thanks....maybe

Little Witch Academia (TV)

Ofc I'll watch LWA, best shit Trigger made.

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Even more trashy romance? heard awful things about at a certain point so no? Romance shows looking really shit this season but then again I guess they haven't been good in a long time

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu

Long Rider 2.0? great, hopefully more decent animation quality...

Onihei

This will never come out.

Seiren

Actually this romance does look good since it has the Amagami SS vibes to it and same character designer? same omnibus format too so we know already there WILL be progress and not take a whole anime to just hold hands, 4 eps each for the different heroines.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

Will probably be more of the same which is a good thing. Going back to the present and see those characters will be nice.

Youjo Senki

The anime with the most hideous artstyle of 2017 already goes to... dear lord who approved this?

ēlDLIVE

Alright I'll give this a try...I love my space operas and I loved Hitman Reborn and her character designs.

I GUESS it's a decent start to 2017, atleast better than 2016 shitty start which mostly only had Rakugo going for it and again here is the second season for it but hey atleast some other noteworthy stuff with most of them being sequels.
TenthJan 2, 2017 8:53 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Spotlight] Top 5 Historical References in One Piece

Haridya - Mar 1, 2016

2 by ChibiTalha »»
Jul 8, 2021 11:01 AM

» Top 10 Short Anime Series of 2016

gedata - Jan 3, 2017

1 by Alcoholicide »»
Apr 8, 2017 10:44 PM

» [Contrarian Corner] The Anxiety of Relevance: A Theory of Modern Anime Adaptations

Moneta - Feb 25, 2016

6 by flannan »»
Jan 18, 2017 2:03 AM

» 5 Reasons Why Dragon Ball Super is Actually Worse Than GT

gedata - Dec 24, 2016

1 by LoneWolf »»
Dec 24, 2016 8:50 PM

» [Spotlight] A History of Shoujo Manga

masterofgo - Feb 9, 2016

6 by removed-user »»
Dec 15, 2016 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.