Forum Settings
Forums

End of an Era - The 3DS has outsold the PS2 in Japanese hardware sales

New
Dec 21, 2016 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
And yet we still don't have pic-related.

It sucks seeing how much support the 3DS is getting over at Japland when there's virtually none whatsoever here in the West. Ninty plz

http://nintendoeverything.com/3ds-hardware-sales-surpass-ps2-in-japan/
Dec 21, 2016 4:28 PM

Jun 2014
Oh, that's in Japan only though. The 3DS still can't hold a candle to the PS2 in worldwide sales.

The original DS came pretty damn close though.

Dec 21, 2016 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
The PS2 has DoDonPachi DaiOuJou, Gunbird 1 and 2, Gradius 3, 4 and 5, Shikigami no Shiro 2 (to be honest I only care about DaiOuJou). What does the 3DS have?
Oh, and the DaiOuJou port for PS2 has Death Label mode, which might as well be the hardest shit in a video game. Does the 3DS have the hardest shit in a video game?
Dec 21, 2016 6:28 PM

Feb 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
The PS2 has DoDonPachi DaiOuJou, Gunbird 1 and 2, Gradius 3, 4 and 5, Shikigami no Shiro 2 (to be honest I only care about DaiOuJou). What does the 3DS have?
Oh, and the DaiOuJou port for PS2 has Death Label mode, which might as well be the hardest shit in a video game. Does the 3DS have the hardest shit in a video game?

Legend of Zelda OoT remake insta winner.
PSN:ShadowStrike002

2x national and 2x all-American wrestler

Dec 21, 2016 6:31 PM
Mar 2011
Seiya said:
Oh, that's in Japan only though. The 3DS still can't hold a candle to the PS2 in worldwide sales.

The original DS came pretty damn close though.

the whole ds line is the biggest selling line of system ever
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 21, 2016 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Shadowtheking said:
Lord_Sithis said:

With Majora's Mask I can consider, OoT is insanely overrated (though still a good game), Majora is great. But DoDonPachi DaiOuJou is like... awesome, it's a fantastic game.
Dec 21, 2016 6:41 PM

Feb 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
Shadowtheking said:

With Majora's Mask I can consider, OoT is insanely overrated (though still a good game), Majora is great. But DoDonPachi DaiOuJou is like... awesome, it's a fantastic game.

Fair enough. Wish console got some good shumps playing some danmaku unlimited 2 and bug princess on ipad but it would do wonders on a controller.

Dec 21, 2016 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
Shadowtheking said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Fair enough. Wish console got some good shumps playing some danmaku unlimited 2 and bug princess on ipad but it would do wonders on a controller.
Console has great shmups! WAY more than PC. Just on XBox 360 you have DoDonPachi DaiOuJou, DaiFukkatsu and SaiDaiOuJou, Ikaruga, Ketsui, Radiant Silvergun, Mushihimesama and Futari, Guwange, Deathsmiles, ESCHATOS, Espgaluda II and many more.
Dec 21, 2016 7:02 PM

Feb 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
Shadowtheking said:

Console has great shmups! WAY more than PC. Just on XBox 360 you have DoDonPachi DaiOuJou, DaiFukkatsu and SaiDaiOuJou, Ikaruga, Ketsui, Radiant Silvergun, Mushihimesama and Futari, Guwange, Deathsmiles, ESCHATOS, Espgaluda II and many more.

I will have to check these out didn't realize 360 had those thank you.

Dec 21, 2016 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
Shadowtheking said:
Lord_Sithis said:

I will have to check these out didn't realize 360 had those thank you.
The DaiOuJou port for XBox 360 is kind of bad. Sucks because it's one of my favorite games, but meh... However, SaiDaiOuJou, Ikaruga, Ketsui, Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda II work 10/10 and are awesome games, check them out if possible :)
For some you need a Japanese XBox 360 so that might be a problem.
removed-userDec 21, 2016 7:09 PM
Dec 21, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Lord_Sithis said:
I mean you could at least use games that people have heard of...no offense but this won't convince anyone that the PS2>3DS. 3DS has a very solid library of its own coming out with great games every year.
Dec 21, 2016 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Major123 said:
Lord_Sithis said:
I mean you could at least use games that people have heard of...no offense but this won't convince anyone that the PS2>3DS. 3DS has a very solid library of its own coming out with great games every year.
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm just saying I prefer the PS2 and I explained why. If I try to convince someone, the last thing I would do is mention shmups, since no one plays that.
And if no one has heard of Gradius, I'm truly out of here.
removed-userDec 21, 2016 8:41 PM
Dec 21, 2016 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
Too bad the switch might not sell even 10 million units with it being very underpowered.

Dec 21, 2016 10:23 PM

Jan 2013
Lord_Sithis said:
WE GET IT YOU PLAY SHMUPS.
Dec 21, 2016 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
Syrup- said:
Lord_Sithis said:
WE GET IT YOU PLAY SHMUPS.
I thought that was already pretty clear. I mentioned shmups here because my reason for preferring the PS2 is because it has great shmups.
Dec 22, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2011
PS2 is still better game-wise. Even with CFW there isn't much I want to play on my 3DS.
Dec 22, 2016 6:58 AM

Jan 2013
Lord_Sithis said:
Major123 said:
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm just saying I prefer the PS2 and I explained why. If I try to convince someone, the last thing I would do is mention shmups, since no one plays that.
And if no one has heard of Gradius, I'm truly out of here.
Gradius is still undergroundish for more of the mainstream players most of us have probably heard of it though.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

77 by GrimAtrament »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Mario & Luigi: Brothership announced

wildhood - Jun 18

6 by Eliserss »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

168 by AdamBirch »»
Yesterday, 8:57 AM

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3595 by lucjan »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» Do you play games in which you have to actually work to make it playable?

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

13 by lucjan »»
Yesterday, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.