Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 4:05 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL Tsukkomi skill. She was fated to have her work cut out for her...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 5, 2016 6:03 PM

Jun 2015
wtf tsukkomi ex lol
Dec 6, 2016 4:09 PM

Nov 2007
How does Aria being a Tsukkomi Ex a reason for Greed to like her? I really didn't get the reason why he would fall in love with her. Was that supposed to be a joke that I missed?

I completely missed it. It went over my head.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 6, 2016 7:22 PM

Sep 2009
shanimebib said:
How does Aria being a Tsukkomi Ex a reason for Greed to like her? I really didn't get the reason why he would fall in love with her. Was that supposed to be a joke that I missed?

I don't think it's a reason for greed to like her. The tsukkomi in some traditional Japanese comedy routine is the "straight man," who basically just reacts to the stupid crap the boke (the "funny man") does. Think of the only sane person in a room of crazy people, and how the audience can laugh at said sane person's expense.
In anime, the tsukkomi tends to be exhausted by the antics of multiple boke (everyone's trolling them with their ridiculousness), so yeah. If she's has "tsukkomi ex," that means she's a super-tsukkomi, and that there WILL be bokes coming around to bother her.

Actually, because of this chapter, "tsukkomi" and "tsukkomi ex" is getting a lot more search activity on google.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 6, 2016 7:49 PM

Nov 2007
MortalMelancholy said:
shanimebib said:

I don't think it's a reason for greed to like her. The tsukkomi in some traditional Japanese comedy routine is the "straight man," who basically just reacts to the stupid crap the boke (the "funny man") does. Think of the only sane person in a room of crazy people, and how the audience can laugh at said sane person's expense.
In anime, the tsukkomi tends to be exhausted by the antics of multiple boke (everyone's trolling them with their ridiculousness), so yeah. If she's has "tsukkomi ex," that means she's a super-tsukkomi, and that there WILL be bokes coming around to bother her.

Actually, because of this chapter, "tsukkomi" and "tsukkomi ex" is getting a lot more search activity on google.

I already knew the term Tsukkomi (through Gintama, nichijou, danshi koukou) but thanks for explaining the 'ex' part. I thought it meant "formerly a tsukkomi".

But it didn't change the fact that I failed to understand what made Greed fall for Aria. Was it because she wasn't after him but genuinely wanted his help to rescue the princess? I dunno. That would kinda feel a bit shallow for a reason but I guess it's okay since the story itself doesn't want us to take it seriously. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 2, 2017 7:04 PM
Mar 2016
Well, if you recall the previous discussion that Aria had with Greed's childhood friend, she said that it was a miracle by the Goddess that Greed fell in love with Aria. This chapter is from Greed's POV and it doesn't show a solid reason why he suddenly fell in love at first sight. It just happened so maybe his friend (I forgot her name) is right and it's just Cupid's arrow or the Goddess of Love's will.
Jan 8, 2018 1:44 AM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:

it had nothing to do with his tsukkomis EX (unluke melan, i tough EX mean extraordinary, which mean unique skill, refference to old J-RPG) skill... it more have to do maid is the first one to be frowned to be relied upon and asking him, as greed is feared rather than hoped, it is strange feelings for him which givie him purpose of live.... as you can see in previous page, not even his close friend trust him that much, and it given him misunderstood that his closest friend also expecting demon king to stay a live because he think his friends also has aimless life like him....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

More topics from this board

» This series is on hiatus

saoki - Jan 29, 2018

1 by Boav_Rum »»
May 17, 2020 9:04 PM

Poll: » Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon sareta no desu ga Chapter 12 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 8, 2018

0 by Kuma »»
Jan 8, 2018 6:25 AM

Poll: » Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon sareta no desu ga Chapter 11 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 8, 2018

1 by Kuma »»
Jan 8, 2018 6:08 AM

Poll: » Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon sareta no desu ga Chapter 9 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 8, 2018

0 by Kuma »»
Jan 8, 2018 5:10 AM

Poll: » Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon sareta no desu ga Chapter 8 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 8, 2018

0 by Kuma »»
Jan 8, 2018 4:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.