3It was OK
15.8%
2Disliked it
10.5%
1Hated it
5.3%
Average 3.8
19 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2008 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, dear... not another Love Triangle story >.<
Wonder how they were so open with that Jennifer Portman chick. There's always got to be a beautiful, drunk, strange lady in every anime right?
Uh-oh, another naked chick in the treetops. I don't think Takeru has enough rooms in the lodge he's at to fit anymore naked chicks.

Jun 12, 2008 1:58 PM

May 2008
love triangle aside its starting to get a little interesting
Aug 30, 2008 12:43 PM
Jul 2008
Another love triangle involving cousins, haha. It reminds me a little of Cardcaptor Sakura. Are the aunt and uncle also somewhat related yet distant relatives? It seems like they subtly mentioned it in this episode.

Anyway Jennifer Portman seems to be a hilarious drunk scientist person. It's kind of weird though they're just throwing all of these characters out there. But I'm liking it so far.
Dec 13, 2008 10:11 PM

Jun 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOO

"Ryou-sama"

if this anime ever reminds me of final approach again, I'll never forgive it
Jan 14, 2009 12:12 PM

Dec 2007
Man this episode was not that good. The story developed way too fast, suddenly the main guy charecter for no real reason is aware of all Hikari's problems, you know, the one's she told to a random person she met for the first time and for some reason showered with... Overall, way too fast, way too random, and way too illogical. Not to mention the fastly developed personal issues Hikari had, she has been on earth for a day, and suddenly she if full of emotional issues? Wow earth must make people crazy. I find it stupid that the anime tries to make me feel emotional towards the charecters this early on, the scenes that would had made me cry later on were kinda wasted so early.
Apr 30, 2009 9:13 AM

Feb 2008
rofl
Jennifer is awesome. xD
Also, yay, Another alien girl. :3
May 11, 2009 11:54 PM

May 2009
Korru said:
Man this episode was not that good. The story developed way too fast, suddenly the main guy charecter for no real reason is aware of all Hikari's problems, you know, the one's she told to a random person she met for the first time and for some reason showered with... Overall, way too fast, way too random, and way too illogical. Not to mention the fastly developed personal issues Hikari had, she has been on earth for a day, and suddenly she if full of emotional issues? Wow earth must make people crazy. I find it stupid that the anime tries to make me feel emotional towards the charecters this early on, the scenes that would had made me cry later on were kinda wasted so early.
i agree, damn emotional alien. and yea the shower was pretty weird too, but judging from anime that's how females greet each other in japan.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Nov 8, 2009 11:43 AM

Jun 2009
Something feels off in this anime, like the way they introduced and set this anime up, nothings hitting home for me, all the touching moments just arn't touching to me. Probably like Korru says, they haven't even properly developed and introduced the characters yet, and their trying to make us feel emotions for them. I wasn't exactly bored with these two episodes, but may drop this show, kinda unsure atm. Guess i'll watch a few more.
Nov 14, 2010 11:00 AM

Oct 2009
brinan said:
Something feels off in this anime, like the way they introduced and set this anime up, nothings hitting home for me, all the touching moments just arn't touching to me. Probably like Korru says, they haven't even properly developed and introduced the characters yet, and their trying to make us feel emotions for them. I wasn't exactly bored with these two episodes, but may drop this show, kinda unsure atm. Guess i'll watch a few more.

Exactly. The plot is full of holes atm, nothing really fell into place...

And the animation feels pretty cheap too, like one of those hentai I've watch...
Actually the whole thing feels stupid wavering between dropping and continuing >.<
Mar 13, 2011 5:29 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, this was shallow!
"We met a monster, fought it, and oh, this girl's an alien." - "Oh, okay!"
"Hey, girlie, let's go have a shower together! Oh, you're an alien? Cool. Nice body you have."
"Boohoo, Earth is scary, I'm so alone!"
"Hikari, I'm sorry for all you've gone through (in this single day)! I can understand your problems!"
"This blonde, sexy, drunk foreign chick saw right through me! I'm in love with my cousin! And this alien is my rival! Let the love triangle start!"

Plus introducing 2nd alien?
Meeeeeh!

Korru said:

Seconded.

Oct 16, 2011 6:03 AM

Sep 2009
I'm a seamstress and I've never gotten anyone naked to measure their bust.
CLEARLY, I am doing it wrong.

How does he pledge himself like that to her after a day? Good grief.

I thought maybe this show had a low score from being underappreciated.
But if it's gonna be THIS ridiculous, then fine.
Oct 6, 2016 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
wow, only the second episode and everything about it is feeling forced as hell...
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Dec 9, 2016 1:20 PM

May 2012
Lovely overall development and some more character introductions! Let's see what happens next and how this story develops!
Nov 16, 2017 12:42 PM

Aug 2008
That's some amazingly atrocious writing and directing. For a while I thought they are going for cryptic and nonsensical talk that normally you would expect from later episodes of NGE offshot but in the end it was just a terribly structured episode. Scenes feel disjointed, plot is rushed and all over the place and let's not start about how character's action hardly make any sense. I'm not sure how they managed to do it but "acting" was pretty wooden as well. And I don't mean voice acting, characters actually look like bad actors.

I was wondering why this show has such low score and why it was on my PTW. Now I'm wondering why it was on my PTW.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 7, 2019 2:05 PM

Nov 2016
Am I supposed to care about the drama? There was barely any build up and the little bit was poorly done.

Jennifer seems to be the best thing about this series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2021 2:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the cousin also loves him... well Hikari is the best one, and she seems to be similar to Takeru for his past and loneliness.
It's Ryou's turn to get an alien girl now...? nice

More topics from this board

Poll: » This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kanaka - Mar 8, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 17, 6:37 AM

Poll: » This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Episode 11 Discussion

xerickkingx - Feb 11, 2008

9 by iamKetranLang »»
Sep 16, 2022 9:07 PM

Poll: » This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Episode 10 Discussion

kanaka - Mar 8, 2008

6 by iamKetranLang »»
Sep 16, 2022 8:17 PM

Poll: » This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Episode 9 Discussion

kanaka - Mar 8, 2008

8 by iamKetranLang »»
Sep 15, 2022 9:47 PM

Poll: » This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Episode 4 Discussion

kanaka - Mar 7, 2008

13 by Sergio_26 »»
Sep 9, 2022 8:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.