Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 28, 2022 2:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes Kumiko's sister as her drama time but now it's even worse since if they don't manage to have Asuka back in the fanfare they won't be able to participate to the contest
Nov 20, 2022 7:57 PM
Mar 2020
kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog kinda pog
Jan 11, 2023 4:39 PM
Jan 2021
It was so sad finally understanding Mamiko' feelings. Being persuaded on doing something you don't love for your own future is a horrible pain, especially if you have to leave your passions behind.

At the last scene, when Natsuki was pointed to play alongside the band during the nationals, I felt happy for her talent and effort finally being reconized, but at the same time I felt bad for Asuka. It's like they're getting ready to leave her behind...
Apr 21, 2023 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
Hoping that Kumiko's experience with her own family and sister here will be helpful to understanding Asuka's situation. On the one hand, the father was right about needing to show she was serious about a career that can easily fail, but on the other hand he was completely oblivious to the pressure and expectations he put on her as the older sibling (doubt they even took the time to hear her out properly until now) and she obviously fell in line due to her youth.
However, even now it doesn't give her an excuse to continue being a bitch to Kumiko. She's older now and understands what she went through. She should be helping Kumiko understand so that she doesn't have to go through the same thing eventually with no support.
Aug 26, 2023 6:19 AM

May 2020
Typical, "I wanted to pursue 'x', but you made me pursue 'y'.. without ever consulting with me", family problem right here!

I could understand Kumiko's sister problem, but it would've done her some good if she brought this up in early college years. Though guess her issues kind of got sorted by the end of this episode, but there is still Asuka.
Mar 23, 2:08 AM

May 2015
This anime is so human. It abords many problematics towards school life and family.
Mar 25, 9:18 AM
Mar 2018
I feel for Kumiko's sister. She's a complicated character; I think she lashes out because she's in pain. I do wish she'd be nicer to her sister, though, and it seems that she is headed that way. We'll see.

Also, random thing: I didn't realize Kumiko lived in a building, I thought it was a house this whole time. ^^'
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.