Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 5:28 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was certainly interesting, although the ending is so sad. I love the art style, and I really wish that the Manga was translated.

Nov 25, 2017 11:13 AM
Nov 2009
Man, this was certainly bad. The almost Korean drama level bs was hilarious.
Aug 9, 2018 8:54 PM

Jul 2017
Well, that was a thing. So many flaws with the animation, weird angles, and poor acting. The plot was confusing too, a big info dump. The title and intro are also misleading, as the story is not about the troubles of the dragon kid but about this clone soap opera. I don't think this story is hopeless, but it certainly needed better work than this.

The musick was great, despite the other issues.
Jan 23, 2019 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
'Go my son, go to Japan and withstand some of their world renowned bullshit levels of melancholy. If you can do that then and only then can you become Chief of our Dragon clan'

Wow was that bad. One for fans of the manga but nothing about this would sell me on wanting to ever read it even if I could. Like what the hell was this even meant to be about?

This Clone Soap Opera was ridiculous, I mean these are a bunch of highschool kids, surrounded by death apparently but they've all lived long enough to gain the knowledge to clone themselves or even enhance themselves?! I don't get the setting for this story at all. Like if you replace all the school kids with young alchemists and warriors, then move the setting to pure ancient Chinese or Japanese history then you might have something. It would certainly glue better with the whole Dragon Fist stuff. Even going full Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk might have been better. But just pure wholesome 'modern day' Japan just left me bewildered.

Another thing but what is the obsession in Anime with crappy wooden bridge over giant death chasm? Like I know Japan is a very Mountainous country but do these things really exist 5 minutes out of every city like all of Anime suggests? lol

Also the Animation was pretty garish throughout. What a truly weird thing this was.
BlaizeVJan 23, 2019 11:15 AM
Feb 16, 2020 3:42 PM

Nov 2016
I think OVA's like this were made to show people how bad truly bad is. But not gonna lie, was kinda hilarious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2017
This was pretty bad all around but definitely not boring
Oct 5, 2022 2:51 PM

Mar 2010
Hard to like this. The plot was pretty random and felt like we are placed in to the middle of the story.
Sep 20, 2023 12:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In general it is a bad OVA.
High school students who can create clones and can kill like marines, plus they can kill like they're in a video game.
The background story, that of the young Chinese man, who awakens his power, is hilarious.

Bad

3/10

kekeke
Mar 23, 11:28 AM

Jan 2017
He was told to go mingle with humans, but almost everyone that he interacts with (to my understanding, lol) is a clone, so depending on your definition and how advanced clones are here, it may or may not have counted.

(Yeah, the intention is likely for him to experience some loss, suffering, and emotion.)
Mar 31, 4:46 PM

Aug 2017
Well the story is interesting, but the execution is bad, the pace is random, the segment between the characters felt weird,
I'll give it a 6, too bad I've read the manga isn't translated.

More topics from this board

» Translate the manga please!

DragonKing93 - Jul 2, 2023

1 by Dekom »»
Mar 31, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.