Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2016 9:53 AM
Mar 2012
ridiculous bear stew & rush plot. Songs are great, old school vibe could be fun tho i dont watch wrestling.
Oct 5, 2016 1:34 PM
Jul 2012
I used to watch reruns of the old show when i was a kid in the late 90s and this brought back so much memories. its like i ate some member berries. Love it.
Oct 5, 2016 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
King of the Wild Wild wild wild 😎😎😎
Oct 5, 2016 6:29 PM
Jul 2010
its fun, seems like it has a good plot and is quite old school... but the animation quality just sucks... so, it was ok, i enjoyed it, but this season has so many better animes than this that i may even drop it if it fails to keep my interest
Oct 5, 2016 6:29 PM
Jul 2010
5shin said:
oh it's an adaptation of a super old manga.. no wonder it gave me an old school feel. I decided to watch this with no expectations but it surprisingly kept me well entertained. for some reason it gave me a nostalgic feeling?? probably because I watched pro (fake) wrestling growing up , hahah.

its actually not just an adaptation, but a sequel to a REALLY old anime XD
Oct 5, 2016 9:30 PM

Jan 2016
whole lot'a awesome in that first ep
Oct 6, 2016 12:06 AM

Nov 2014
Wrestling fan over here.

Between this and "Wanna Be The Strongest In The World"

...I'll take this over that fucking disgusting smut. 7/10
Oct 6, 2016 9:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the Wrestling arrive to the anime? no, it´s a prequel of the The Tiger Mask arround 70´s years .... interesting first episode, although very comun, the vengance.....6/10.
Oct 6, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2008
It's so lame, I'm even watching it!
I remember WWE the Asian amateurs "Kentai Evils" and then the word "INDEED" LOLZ!
3/5.
matias067Oct 6, 2016 4:41 PM

Oct 7, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2011
I was expecting someone to cut a promo at the very least :I
Oct 8, 2016 6:39 AM
Oct 2013
Incredibly corny but such a blast to watch, I thought I was stuck in the 80's for a moment there. On the downside, it's visually too plain for the kind of anime it is.

ps: The ending is fucking legendary.
Oct 8, 2016 6:32 PM

Jun 2009
Very enjoyable. The original Tiger Mask never came over to the US and there was no subs for the original show. So I never seen anything of Tiger Mask until now.
Oct 9, 2016 7:18 AM

Jun 2015
I am heavily disappointed. They threw some characters at me and explained nothing.
And then they have the audacity to not even show some wrestling. The main event was only two holds and a kick, wtf?
Also, if they tease us with Okada, they better show at least a Rainmaker.
Oct 12, 2016 2:14 PM
Jan 2016
as a wrestling fan it was a quite decent episode but the fucking names are cho hilarious
Oct 16, 2016 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
Odin reminds me of some dude from Queen the band
Oct 27, 2016 5:44 PM
Dec 2011
I don't remember how many times I rewatched Tiger Mask Nisei when I was a kid. This new Tiger Mask anime definitely made me happy. I'm glad the atmosphere of this new version is similar to the classic.
Oct 29, 2016 4:36 AM

Oct 2016
BGMaxie said:
Also I kinda found funny how some stuff was exaggerated like "You're gonna get the Tiger's Execution" and Odin shat on his pants. Like ok I get it, you're gonna get killed, but it sounded like he was gonna get murdered in the worst of the worst of the worst ways known to humankind and hell alike.

No, you don't get it. You don't get it at all. I'll tell you as someone who's seen both prequels you don't know absolutely anything.

It isn't just about the fact that Odin will be killed but in WHAT MANNER. If he's going to be lucky. Both Tigers' Den in the original and Space Fed. in Nisei are quite vicious when it comes to that. You can get thrown to the tigers - actual tigers - to get eaten alive. You can be tortured to death, including mental torture beforehand. Or you can earn a nice steel collar connected to a power source that can electrocute you at any time while you're sent off to do slave work. Two wrestlers who failed to defeat Tiger Mask have been seen facing this fate and others don't have it too cool either. For example one of Naoto's friends, Daigo Daimon, was forced to fight him in the ring by elaborate mental torture back at Tigers' Den.

Some of you are saying that it's unrealistic for the protagonist to kill a bear with wrestling moves. Well guess what. That's what Tiger's Den has you do in training. You fight bears, tigers, lions, what have you. You survive? Good, next stage. You die? Oh boo-hoo. Calculated risk. Next. People who end up surviving this training have no problem wrestling down a wild animal - they've been trained to do so. And not as adults - they've been trained since childhood, albeit naturally wild fowl enemies come very late. By then you're already hardened. This truly is a training from hell.
Oct 29, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
Embryo-sama said:
BGMaxie said:
Also I kinda found funny how some stuff was exaggerated like "You're gonna get the Tiger's Execution" and Odin shat on his pants. Like ok I get it, you're gonna get killed, but it sounded like he was gonna get murdered in the worst of the worst of the worst ways known to humankind and hell alike.

No, you don't get it. You don't get it at all. I'll tell you as someone who's seen both prequels you don't know absolutely anything.

It isn't just about the fact that Odin will be killed but in WHAT MANNER. If he's going to be lucky. Both Tigers' Den in the original and Space Fed. in Nisei are quite vicious when it comes to that. You can get thrown to the tigers - actual tigers - to get eaten alive. You can be tortured to death, including mental torture beforehand. Or you can earn a nice steel collar connected to a power source that can electrocute you at any time while you're sent off to do slave work. Two wrestlers who failed to defeat Tiger Mask have been seen facing this fate and others don't have it too cool either. For example one of Naoto's friends, Daigo Daimon, was forced to fight him in the ring by elaborate mental torture back at Tigers' Den.

Some of you are saying that it's unrealistic for the protagonist to kill a bear with wrestling moves. Well guess what. That's what Tiger's Den has you do in training. You fight bears, tigers, lions, what have you. You survive? Good, next stage. You die? Oh boo-hoo. Calculated risk. Next. People who end up surviving this training have no problem wrestling down a wild animal - they've been trained to do so. And not as adults - they've been trained since childhood, albeit naturally wild fowl enemies come very late. By then you're already hardened. This truly is a training from hell.

Well that's an interesting add to it. Although I did mention about the "way to die" more so than dying itself btw.
Nov 7, 2016 7:36 AM
Aug 2012
Very good. Why is the score so low??
Dec 13, 2016 9:23 AM

Jan 2015
Very good anime. I used to watch Wrestling 2-3 years ago. I haven't been thinking about wrestling anime before. One question; Do I have to watch the previous season first?
Dec 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
ErnaGhoul said:
Very good anime. I used to watch Wrestling 2-3 years ago. I haven't been thinking about wrestling anime before. One question; Do I have to watch the previous season first?

No. If I understood correctly, this ignores anything but the original anime.
Feb 20, 2023 4:01 PM
Nov 2021
Esse foi o episódio de anime mais satisfatoriamente demorado que eu já vi(junto com o primeiro de Fumetsu no anata e.
As lutas parecem ser interessantes e a proposta do anime também.
Parece ser um anime incrível e o seu início já foi top.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.