Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2016 11:47 PM
Mar 2016
Nostalgia definitely affects my enjoyment of an anime, usually positively.
Sep 26, 2016 12:22 AM

May 2015
merryfistmas said:
I still enjoy Pokemon, so at least a little. I rewatched it recently and it held up pretty well despite a few dead spots. I legi motley think both the Pokemon movies I've seen are good though, especially te first one.

I'm probably going to have Kill la Kill nostalgia in the future, that was te first anime that gave me the GOAT feeling. FMA:B is a bit like that too since it was the first show I watched and I remember binging it until 3am. Maybe those fond memories effect my judgement. Who knows, the show's good either way and I don't really care to separate the nostalgia.

I can confirm KLK is as good as you it is. No need to worry about it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 8, 2021 9:19 AM

Aug 2020
I haven't got any childhood anime on my list so like basically no nostalgia influence

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Oct 9, 2021 2:10 PM

Aug 2017
One of my childhood anime is overrated and their fanbase is annoying.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 9, 2021 3:07 PM

Jul 2017
If we’re talking about evaluating and giving scores, then zero. I never score/rate anime based on its nostalgia.

But, if we’re talking about finishing an older anime series that I partially watched as a kid, then yeah nostalgia and curiosity are quite the influence for me. I finished the first half of Digimon Adventure’s first arc way back when I was a kid, but I never came close to finishing the entire series. I was always really curious as to what happens in the later arcs, and here I am today nearly finished with the series thanks to the nostalgia and curiosity lol. There’s something very satisfying about finally finding out the journey and conclusion to an anime series that you never finished as a kid.

As for how much one should be influenced by nostalgia, it’s really all up to you at the end of the day.
kusairoOct 9, 2021 4:38 PM
Oct 9, 2021 4:26 PM
Kira

Nov 2016
A lot. No matter how flawed the original Fullmetal Alchemist is, it'll always have a special place in my heart. I also grew up with the Canadian Nelvana dub of Cardcaptor Sakura (which they called Cardcaptors) and no matter how bad it is compared to other dubs or original Japanese, that's the version I always prefer to watch.

"you can't hope for a horror story
with a happy ending."

pokémon go ID: 3114 1422 1367 genshin impact (na) ID: 626034773
Oct 9, 2021 4:34 PM

Dec 2015
Nothing, if I were I would love Bleach Anime, but I don't.

It's second or thrid Anime I watched back in the days, and I watch it miljon of times.
But the nostalic can't save it for it's horrible pacing.

Dec 19, 2021 12:37 AM

Nov 2019
not really driven by nostalgia; Although I do not question my older ratings.
Dec 19, 2021 12:46 AM

Apr 2018
so much to the point that all my favorites except aot are because of the nostalgia factor.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

21 by bucciest »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

40 by traed »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

131 by APolygons2 »»
22 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

1 by Serafos »»
37 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

33 by AverageRiceFan »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.