Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2016 8:31 AM
Apr 2016
As the title says, which are some good manga you can get in omnibus (if the omnibus version is bad, please mention this as well) I've been looking for some manga i could get in omnibus version :)

Thanks for helping me out, i really appreciate it ^^
Sep 22, 2016 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
Personal favorites of mine you can get in omnibus are All You Need Is Kill (complete two-volume series in one book), Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, Keroro Gunsou (known as Sgt. Frog in the West), Monster, and Orange.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 22, 2016 10:53 PM

May 2010
Rakudaikishi said:
As the title says, which are some good manga you can get in omnibus (if the omnibus version is bad, please mention this as well) I've been looking for some manga i could get in omnibus version :)

Thanks for helping me out, i really appreciate it ^^

English releases? Here's my long wall of text on it:

Viz's 3-in-1s are bad, paper-wise. Paper is so thin that you can see what's printed on the other side. The only reason to buy them is 1.) if you are broke and still want a series since it's cheaper and/or 2.) if you are a completionist (it's the only way to get the extra volumes of HanaKimi and Koukou debut in English).

Viz's best omnibus are the ones with the larger trim size like X or the VizBigs. Those are the one printed in better paper and have color pages. The VizBigs I've seen have the color chapters like in Rurouni Kenshin.

Darkhorse's omnibus rereleases of Clamp works are hit and miss for me. Chobits made me weep but Clover was absolutely fantastic.

Vertical's hardbound release of Gundam: The Origin still is the best of the best for me. The series is all color, plus it has extras from people like Clamp and Kio Shimoku. Kodansha's release to Vinland Saga pales in comparison to it even though a hardbound release is absolutely fantastic for thicker books.

Yen Press is loaded with 2-in-1s, since this is their favorite release format for longer series. Their 2-in-1s are usually two regular books together. I don't know about the regularity of the color pages because I have seen series that have it (Blood Lad, which has both the cover and the color insert of thw JP release) and series that don't (Karneval).

Hope that helps.
Sep 22, 2016 10:57 PM
Apr 2016
Thank you for the replies, this really helped (^∇^)

More topics from this board

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
1 hour ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

21 by nishant0 »»
1 hour ago

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1056 by Francis_0 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.