Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 12, 2016 12:29 PM
Apr 2016
Matt_4072 said:
I'd rather have Natsu die in a blaze of glory than get with Lucy.. I know that lots of people ship thee two, but both characters don't have any signals for "loving" one another.

It would be like Luffy getting with Nami, which is totally their characters that have been developed.

While this chapter was decent in terms of fighting, I hope Hiro does not take this "Ill do anything to protect my friend" into a romantic bond between the two.

Natsu would be better suited to marry/ get with Lisana. This will always be the original ship that I believe Hiro intended for originally.

Just like another major Shonen manga (Naruto) I think the main character would work well with a minor character (Hinata/ Lisana) rather than the popular ship (Lucy)

Thoughts??? Hate?? Salt?

I totally AGREE

Nali >>>> Nalu

But Hiro WANTS Nalu to happen, which obviosuly makes ZERO sense while Lissana is alive in real life. I don't even know why Lissana is back, if he actually wanted Nalu to happen, Lissana should've STAYED DEAD

Also, if Nali happens, the 12 year olds, fangirls and shippers are gonna spread cancer in Hiro's twiiter, which he obviously doesn't want (cause he's a pussy and gets scared), so Nali won't happen lol
Sep 12, 2016 12:39 PM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

Well, to be fair, Lucy was using her star dresses to boost her physical stats and Brandish wasn't taking the fight seriously.

Yeah, stardress Lucy's phsyical stats >

Not saying she would win, of course Brandish negs with mass manipulation magic.

But this means that GOI or even someone like Jura could blitz and kill Brandish. She won't even get time to cast her spell

Fair enough.

Tbh, some of the Spriggans rely solely on their magical abilities/power and thus have terrible stats. Take Jacob, Brandish or Neinhart for example.
Sep 12, 2016 12:41 PM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Matt_4072 said:
I'd rather have Natsu die in a blaze of glory than get with Lucy.. I know that lots of people ship thee two, but both characters don't have any signals for "loving" one another.

It would be like Luffy getting with Nami, which is totally their characters that have been developed.

While this chapter was decent in terms of fighting, I hope Hiro does not take this "Ill do anything to protect my friend" into a romantic bond between the two.

Natsu would be better suited to marry/ get with Lisana. This will always be the original ship that I believe Hiro intended for originally.

Just like another major Shonen manga (Naruto) I think the main character would work well with a minor character (Hinata/ Lisana) rather than the popular ship (Lucy)

Thoughts??? Hate?? Salt?

I totally AGREE

Nali >>>> Nalu

But Hiro WANTS Nalu to happen, which obviosuly makes ZERO sense while Lissana is alive in real life. I don't even know why Lissana is back, if he actually wanted Nalu to happen, Lissana should've STAYED DEAD

Also, if Nali happens, the 12 year olds, fangirls and shippers are gonna spread cancer in Hiro's twiiter, which he obviously doesn't want (cause he's a pussy and gets scared), so Nali won't happen lol

IIRC, he never wanted Nali to happen. The moment when Lisanna proposed to Natsu in their childhoold was an anime-only scene and his editor wanted him to bring Lisanna back.
Sep 12, 2016 12:50 PM
Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Matt_4072 said:

Thoughts??? Hate?? Salt?

I totally AGREE

Nali >>>> Nalu

Tbh its Nali or nothing
Sep 12, 2016 1:22 PM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:
frostmourn said:

Yeah, stardress Lucy's phsyical stats >

Not saying she would win, of course Brandish negs with mass manipulation magic.

But this means that GOI or even someone like Jura could blitz and kill Brandish. She won't even get time to cast her spell

Fair enough.

Tbh, some of the Spriggans rely solely on their magical abilities/power and thus have terrible stats. Take Jacob, Brandish or Neinhart for example.

Jacob actually took on Lucy's strongest stardress (Loke) and base Natsu on his own without much worries, He's underrated.

Neinhart at least has very high magic power and decent attack power (managed to damage base Natsu in mere seconds) tho his durability is trash

Brandish is pure shit without mass manipulation
Sep 12, 2016 1:22 PM
Apr 2016
[quote=Geekwoglasses message=47739052

IIRC, he never wanted Nali to happen. The moment when Lisanna proposed to Natsu in their childhoold was an anime-only scene and his editor wanted him to bring Lisanna back.[/quote]

What's IIRC?

And really? Still >> Nalu

There has been instances of even NATSU showing romantic interests towards her
Sep 12, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
frostmourn said:

IIRC, he never wanted Nali to happen. The moment when Lisanna proposed to Natsu in their childhoold was an anime-only scene and his editor wanted him to bring Lisanna back.

What's IIRC?

There has been instances of even NATSU showing romantic interests towards her[/quote]

Natsu never shown romantic feelings towards anyone, but this is a shonen and we all know the MC will get together with someone.
Sep 12, 2016 1:30 PM
Apr 2016
metsujin said:
frostmourn said:

What's IIRC?

Natsu never shown romantic feelings towards anyone, but this is a shonen and we all know the MC will get together with someone.[/quote]

Natsu has blushed multiple times and gone Tsundre mode lol
Sep 12, 2016 3:29 PM
May 2015
Oh come on really?

Natsu/Lucy>>>>Natsu/Lisanna

One has chemistry growth and is believable the other does not/is not. It maybe be generic but as I stated earlier it's about believability. Natsu and Gray stands a better chance

The pairing is obvious. It doesn't take a shipper crazed person to see the bond between Lucy and Natsu. Not sure why people are in denial about this. Lisanna and Natsu have nothing to build on. Yea Natsu cares for Lisanna sure but that's it.. There's no depth in their relationship.. Lisanna's character was a plot device for Natsu and the Strauss Siblings

Also comparing this to Naruto is garbage considering Hinata and Naruto made very little sense and forced Kishi to make a movie to make it more believable..

I'll ask this question.. Without bias name the three people Natsu cares for the most.. It's not Lisanna for starters
Sep 12, 2016 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
Matt_4072 said:

Thoughts??? Hate?? Salt?

My god I never though people could be so in denial. It's very clear that Natsu and Lucy will get together whether you want it or not.. What signals do you need? The context? The interview for that underwhelming movie where Hiro stated Natsu's feelings? The overwhelming Natsu and Lucy pics and other stuff on Hiro's Twitter? The obvious Elie/Haru vibes? I don't pair anyone whatsoever but you NaLi fans are as bad as NaLu fans.. Natsu and Lisanna was never the original ship. She was to be killed off for story purposes. Having Lisanna get with Natsu would objectively suck considering they have yet to say a total of 30 words to each other since she was brought back

Sorry bro but my suspension of belief will go out the window and if there's anything I like about Mashima's writing is that he's pretty decent in the romance department and knows what he's doing for the most part. Max and Broom has more substance
Sep 12, 2016 3:47 PM

Mar 2014
Geekwoglasses said:
TheGrandSage23 said:
Dimaria is finally showing how beast she can be without bullshit in the way.. Starting to like her again

Lucy's Stardresses was badass.. Thank god she's ready to stop talking and throw down

Lol Brandish is the WORST character in Fairy Tail

Talk about taking L's

one shotted by Cana
almost killed by her own servant
saved by the person she wanted dead
Failed to kill said person
Aquarius's making Brandish more crap
does nothing for numerous chapters
has to be manipulated by Mest to push the plot
gets punked again this time by her lesbian friend
Contradicts her words and actions with no consequences(till now)

Inconsistent garbage character... Kill her off Hiro

Lol you basically copy-pasted your post right from Mangahelpers.

Anyways, good chapter, way better than last week's abysmal one. I really liked Lucy's growth both as a character and a fighter. And Dimaria sure is savage, I'm really loving her again.

4/5

Brandish irks me that bad. And it's the fact Hiro is trying to make a bad character a big player of the arc when she hasn't done a damn thing until Mest manipulated her
TheGrandSage23Sep 12, 2016 4:10 PM
Sep 12, 2016 5:43 PM
Apr 2016
A way better chapter than the last one, which was a huge letdown. Brandish was kind of holding back, but Lucy fought superbly. Natsu again with the anti-ethernano tumour or something like that, well, overall it was a good chapter. This time it was Mari and Randi, and they ended up versing each other. Next time it will Mavis and Zera, wonder what will happen!!!
Sep 12, 2016 6:48 PM

Nov 2014
I am not used to Lucy going up against the big rigs of an arc. Usually she takes on some henchmen and miraculously wins. I hope she gets her ass beat next chapter.
Sep 12, 2016 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
frostmourn said:
metsujin said:

What's IIRC?

Natsu never shown romantic feelings towards anyone, but this is a shonen and we all know the MC will get together with someone.

Natsu has blushed multiple times and gone Tsundre mode lol[/quote]

I don't remember, and if you're referring to the filler in the anime, I guess.
Sep 12, 2016 9:51 PM
Apr 2016
metsujin said:
frostmourn said:

Natsu has blushed multiple times and gone Tsundre mode lol

I don't remember, and if you're referring to the filler in the anime, I guess.[/quote]

I donno.

I've seen only anime till episode 15oish
Sep 13, 2016 1:32 AM
Jun 2016
Man, I hate this chapter no wonder fairy tail has such bad villains most of them are simply obstacles that have to be overcome by are good guys they are not treated as characters ( with the exception of zeref his a good villain) but the rest are just two dimensional and copy and paste who hurt their comrades such horrible villains. Morality is really black and white in this manga. 2/5
Sep 13, 2016 1:44 AM
Jun 2016
[quote=Furisuu message=47736356]Better than last week's chapter. The only thing that really bothered me was the amount of fanservice. This is supposed to be an emotional fight but the needless fanservice just ruins it. We did not have to see Brandish's crotch.

I agree completely I really can't take Lucy's fights seriously there is such much fan service it really does distract you from the tension same with brandish.
Sep 13, 2016 5:01 AM

Jan 2012
cloud8100 said:
Even if Brandish wasn't fighting seriously, Lucy was pretty cool this chapter.

agree never saw her fight like this b4

"Because im going to protect Natsu... No matter the cost!"

i ship lucy and natsu .

Santoryu_XBurner said:
Natsu's tumor taking effect. Out of this fight.

he is supposed to be end , strongest demon ever lol

Sep 13, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2014
Was better than last week's chapter. Nice to see some more of Lucy's abilities.
It feels like Hiro has no idea what to do with Brandish.
Sep 13, 2016 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
Brandish still have a good side, and the true battle start now
Sep 13, 2016 11:19 PM

Jun 2012
Gonna laugh my pants off if Lucy can hold DiMaria with something like Horologium (spelling?). I'm guessing he might save her once like he usually does but it would be cool if a stardress based on him could counter such an otherwise-op ability.

Remember that outside her time-BS DiMaria is at best a good swordswoman. Take that away and Erza or Kagura could stomp her easy.

In OnePiece an uber ability could be nullified by a seemingly-weak or unlikely ability, like the GomuGomu taking no damage from a Logia Thunder user or the Wax guy (Mr 3) holding his own agains the Poison-Poison user.

If something like this happens Cheria is gonna be pissed. Having lost her magic (permanently?) to defeat an opponent that even Lucy can handle.
Sep 14, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2014
prism2525 said:
Gonna laugh my pants off if Lucy can hold DiMaria with something like Horologium (spelling?). I'm guessing he might save her once like he usually does but it would be cool if a stardress based on him could counter such an otherwise-op ability.

Remember that outside her time-BS DiMaria is at best a good swordswoman. Take that away and Erza or Kagura could stomp her easy.

In OnePiece an uber ability could be nullified by a seemingly-weak or unlikely ability, like the GomuGomu taking no damage from a Logia Thunder user or the Wax guy (Mr 3) holding his own agains the Poison-Poison user.

If something like this happens Cheria is gonna be pissed. Having lost her magic (permanently?) to defeat an opponent that even Lucy can handle.

I thought Horologium could only do that once per day and he already used that to protect her from Jacob.
Sep 14, 2016 8:09 AM
Feb 2015
AllenNoah said:
prism2525 said:

I thought Horologium could only do that once per day and he already used that to protect her from Jacob.

Well it's already past a day, they took a night to rest.
Sep 14, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2012
Please Hiro make my idea come true. (But make the battle interesting, not a one-hit-KO)
Sep 15, 2016 7:12 AM

Jun 2013
prism2525 said:
Please Hiro make my idea come true. (But make the battle interesting, not a one-hit-KO)

A silver key stardress would be interesting, and it would probably be the only thing that made sense in a fight this whole arc.
metsujinSep 16, 2016 11:41 PM
Sep 16, 2016 3:05 AM

May 2015
Heck I sense some Lucy x Natsu ship hereee. I dunno why I ship these two. It just came out naturally lol
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Sep 16, 2016 6:11 AM
Feb 2015
nisevoucher said:
Heck I sense some Lucy x Natsu ship hereee. I dunno why I ship these two. It just came out naturally lol

I ship one thing only: Natsu x getting his ass handed by Erza/Laxus. XD
Sep 30, 2016 1:08 AM

Jan 2016
Natsu's tumor taking effect again, by Brandish, and his out of this fight... Kuso
Means Lucy vs Brandish... Love her Scorpio Dress.Soo Fab :P
Soon after Dimaria show up, an... slash Brandish... and Now is taking out all her anger onto Lucy... Poor Brandish o.o who will Stop Dimaria!!?? o.o

Who will save Natsu tho,, Mavis And Zera next time!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 11, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2015
About time that Brandish girl got killed off. How will Natsu recover from his tumor, though, if no known cure for it exists on the continent of Ishgar?
Oct 27, 2016 2:11 AM

Jun 2008
TheGrandSage23 said:
Matt_4072 said:

Thoughts??? Hate?? Salt?

My god I never though people could be so in denial. It's very clear that Natsu and Lucy will get together whether you want it or not.. What signals do you need? The context? The interview for that underwhelming movie where Hiro stated Natsu's feelings? The overwhelming Natsu and Lucy pics and other stuff on Hiro's Twitter? The obvious Elie/Haru vibes? I don't pair anyone whatsoever but you NaLi fans are as bad as NaLu fans.. Natsu and Lisanna was never the original ship. She was to be killed off for story purposes. Having Lisanna get with Natsu would objectively suck considering they have yet to say a total of 30 words to each other since she was brought back

Sorry bro but my suspension of belief will go out the window and if there's anything I like about Mashima's writing is that he's pretty decent in the romance department and knows what he's doing for the most part. Max and Broom has more substance

To be fair though what Mashima made no sense(not surprising considering his story writing skills).
The only thing Lisanna's character had was that she was Natsu's little waifu when they were little. Literally that was what her whole character was about.
The only other thing her character had, was her death because it was a person close to the main character and that helped him grow and affected another two known characters(her brother and sister).

Without her death she had only her relationship with Natsu. Yet the author made a whole arc to bring her back and then forgot about her. What was the point?
It was completely stupid writing. If you are gonna bother so much to bring her back, then ether explore and develop what you started with her(her relationship with the main character) or don't bring her back.
Now she is more dead as a character than when she was actually dead.
May 11, 2017 7:07 AM

Dec 2014
okyrandi was killed brutally
Aug 17, 2018 2:46 AM

Feb 2013
I hate that Mari, she needs to die!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 298 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Azokrad - Sep 7, 2012

242 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 297 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

azeriraz - Aug 31, 2012

284 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 296 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kyon5 - Aug 24, 2012

324 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 295 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Aug 17, 2012

95 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 294 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Aug 3, 2012

121 by aoo-kun »»
May 11, 8:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.