Forum Settings
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kazuma's devotion to Bishamon is unparalleled. The self doubt though...I wonder why Bishamon is rejecting him at the end there?

From deep down, I think she values her comrades like a family.
Sep 5, 2016 7:55 PM

Sep 2015
Yay!!! I'm so happy this is back.

I got a kick out of Yato and Takemikazuchi's interactions here while Yukki and Kuin talked things out. I also enjoyed Take and Kuin's interaction after Kuin stood up for him.

Oh Kazuma, you poor babe. I think Bisha is just trying to protect him by pushing him away, but I don't know that that will be enough to protect him anymore. I'm also interested in finding out if that last god that summoned that shinki at the end is up to something, which was that all one or lots?

Looking forward to next months.
Sep 6, 2016 1:01 AM
Aug 2016
Kazuma's devotion to bishamon really is unparalled, he will go to any extent to protect or save her; which is precisely why, it hurt so much when she pushed him away- not only physically but in essence also emotionally. On the surface it made her seem kinda contrite- like she got a powerful hafuri, so she is abandoning the previous toy, even though we know that she is trying to protect him.

If that is so, why did she just push kazuma away and not kuraha as well.

Also, I loved the flashbacks- kazuma in full husband mode towards bishamon, with the hand holding and all.

I just wish, kazuma would come out of this alive.
Sep 6, 2016 4:21 AM

Jul 2008
Stark700 said:
Kazuma's devotion to Bishamon is unparalleled. The self doubt though...I wonder why Bishamon is rejecting him at the end there?

Because of Nora's ability (which would turn him into a monster if it struck him) and because he'd become the enemy of all the gods (Bishamon already accepted that she would die here).
Sep 6, 2016 8:26 AM
Dec 2014
But if Bishamon dies, won't Kazuma die as well because he's a blessed vessel and his fate is tied to her?

So isn't she protecting him for nothing?

I am so stressed about this series.
Sep 6, 2016 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
COTAnerd said:
But if Bishamon dies, won't Kazuma die as well because he's a blessed vessel and his fate is tied to her?

You got a point @_@

Then Yato, hurry up, that Bishamon is dying~
Sep 7, 2016 7:49 PM
Jul 2016
Noragami is a pretty good manga, but I have some issues with pacing. It's seemed like the plot has been at a complete standstill while this massive battle has gone on, so I was happy to see it start to come to an end. That being said, I think we're going to have a whole bunch more chapters of it before it all gets cleared up.
Sep 7, 2016 8:40 PM
Apr 2016
YingZhe said:
That being said, I think we're going to have a whole bunch more chapters of it before it all gets cleared up.

Honestly, the fall-out from this huge battle and the mess Bishamon and Kazuma have gotten themselves into is going to be really hard to fix. It's probably gonna be a while before this arc is resolved. That said I really want the resolution but I have this itching feeling that it's not going to end well for Kazuma...
Sep 7, 2016 8:51 PM
Jul 2016
jleety said:
YingZhe said:
That being said, I think we're going to have a whole bunch more chapters of it before it all gets cleared up.

Honestly, the fall-out from this huge battle and the mess Bishamon and Kazuma have gotten themselves into is going to be really hard to fix. It's probably gonna be a while before this arc is resolved. That said I really want the resolution but I have this itching feeling that it's not going to end well for Kazuma...

True, I think that the end of this chapter signalled a turning point of some kind, likely for both Bishamon and Kazuma (with minor ones for both Kiun and Takemikazuchi). I suspect that the next arc isn't really going to be all that separate, more of a "part two" if anything. I suspect that's why this battle has gone on so long, because it's intended as the climatic moment of the arc.

I could be wrong about all of this, but that's what I'm getting from the narrative progressions.
Sep 7, 2016 9:11 PM

Mar 2014
I'll be super heartbroken if they kill Kazuma...and if Bishamon dies then he's going to die anyways. It looks like there's no way to win so far, unless they can initiate a ceasefire before any of that can happen.
Sep 9, 2016 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
COTAnerd said:

Maybe he wouldn't die as well. It's just me thinking but doesn't god's death equal him being reborn? Like, in order to be reBORN, it's necessary for him( for his previous incarnation) to DIE at some point. Assuming that, isn't it possible for shinki to live after their master's death? ( eg. Ebisu's case).
Btw do you think that Bishamon would abandon her shinki whom she thinks of as a family? Take the example from when she thought Yato killed her shinki. She was angry as hell and swore to protect them. I don't think she'd go to fight while knowing they would die.
I think it's just their name that'd disappear. But correct me if I'm wrong, I might not remember everything that was said about it.
eisanSep 9, 2016 11:00 AM
Sep 9, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
I think Bisha is trying to protect Kazuma. If it was for her to use him, she wouldn't have called that shinki...
Sep 10, 2016 5:51 AM

May 2016
COTAnerd said:

Yes, but that conversation happened between Kiun and Kazuma, and Hafuri are still a mystery, so it's possible that Bishamon doesn't know that information. That would mean that Kazuma will die regardless of whether she protects him or not, because Bishamon's reincarnation would automatically mean his death too.

eisan said:

Maybe he wouldn't die as well. It's just me thinking but doesn't god's death equal him being reborn? Like, in order to be reBORN, it's necessary for him( for his previous incarnation) to DIE at some point. Assuming that, isn't it possible for shinki to live after their master's death? ( eg. Ebisu's case).

We don't know what Kiun meant by "being lost entirely", but it's probably death. Hafuri or not, Shinki cannot be reincarnated, so if Kazuma dies, that's it for him. And Ebisu doesn't count because he didn't have any Hafuri (in fact, most of his Shinki were strays). It's only Hafuri who die (or "get lost") if their God dies. Maybe it's some sort of Heaven punishment because Hafuri are supposed to protect their master more than the regular Shinki.
Sep 11, 2016 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
Denied once again smh.
Sep 12, 2016 11:37 AM
Sep 2015
I don't get it.... how Kazuma got an eye on his nape. What he did wrong? And why Bishamon didn't get hurt by it?

And I will be highly upset if Father gets away one more time. If Nora gets arested, then the sacrifice of Bishamon was worthy. That shiiki is way too powerful. And there is no reason presented until today to make her having that power.
Sep 18, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2016
Joe_Zorah said:
I don't get it.... how Kazuma got an eye on his nape. What he did wrong? And why Bishamon didn't get hurt by it?

And I will be highly upset if Father gets away one more time. If Nora gets arested, then the sacrifice of Bishamon was worthy. That shiiki is way too powerful. And there is no reason presented until today to make her having that power.

Kazuma got the eye on his nape when he talked to Hiyori a chapter or two ago. He stung her purposely so that she gets weak and drops out from fighting and calms down. His main reason was this, I guess.

I just want this long war to finish... Fujisaki and Nora to get arrested or given a death sentence and Bishamon to calm F down!! Lol! I'm just tired of the war. >_<
Sep 18, 2016 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
Yuki_Kana said:
Joe_Zorah said:

Kazuma got the eye on his nape when he talked to Hiyori a chapter or two ago. He stung her purposely so that she gets weak and drops out from fighting and calms down. His main reason was this, I guess.

I just want this long war to finish... Fujisaki and Nora to get arrested or given a death sentence and Bishamon to calm F down!! Lol! I'm just tired of the war. >_<

I'm tired too ~_~ is too long
Jan 10, 2017 4:25 PM
Jan 2017
I know it's like really late for me to be saying this, but am I the only one that thinks Kiun turned into a blessed vessel in this chapter? When he was telling Sekiun to stop telling off Takemikazuchi all the time, I think that was a really big chracater developement on his part, and that it couldn't have just been left like that, could it? Also, this is likely just for a more dramatic effect, but on page 9, you can see that Kiun has a bright light around him. Of course, this might just be a symbolic light from Takemikazuchi's view point, or just the Sun getting in the way (lol). At any rate, if Kiun did turn into a blessed vessel at that moment, I feel really good for Take! Lots of people don't like him, and I can see why, but I just really like the guy! But everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so everyone has a different viewpoint of him.
Apr 15, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2016
moustache_ said:
I know it's like really late for me to be saying this, but am I the only one that thinks Kiun turned into a blessed vessel in this chapter? When he was telling Sekiun to stop telling off Takemikazuchi all the time, I think that was a really big chracater developement on his part, and that it couldn't have just been left like that, could it? Also, this is likely just for a more dramatic effect, but on page 9, you can see that Kiun has a bright light around him. Of course, this might just be a symbolic light from Takemikazuchi's view point, or just the Sun getting in the way (lol). At any rate, if Kiun did turn into a blessed vessel at that moment, I feel really good for Take! Lots of people don't like him, and I can see why, but I just really like the guy! But everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so everyone has a different viewpoint of him.

I don't think he turned into a hafuri tbh.., I think it was just a dramatic effect like you say. If he had turned, I think it would have been more noticeable. (I mean, Take has been talking about kiun turning into a hafuri like, the whole time lol) But I agree with you, I really like Take as well! such an interesting character (seems that people don't really like him so much tho). I feel kinda sad for him some times. Even though he's a jerk to his shinki and all, he's had a rough life and some things in his behaviour are kind of understandable, I mean, his shinki practically manipulated him since he reincarnated, so I'm happy how things turned out between him and Kiun. And it seems he always questioned himself about who he was or what he was supposed to do if he couldn't really "be himself", so sad.
And yeah a little late to be posting this here, but whatever.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 69 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

18 by Kevin_Forero »»
Apr 19, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joel77 - Jan 5

63 by sweetofmilk »»
Apr 7, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Did the ending meet expectations?

Spider-Man94 - Jan 15

14 by gswelcome »»
Mar 13, 1:45 PM

» About Father

robal15 - Jan 25

2 by robal15 »»
Jan 25, 4:19 AM

» Chapter count

Veck8699 - Jan 20

2 by TheColdMayor »»
Jan 21, 1:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.