Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2016 9:49 AM

Jun 2015
I've completed less than 100 anime so it's no surprise I remember all of them.

As in if you show me the series' cover then I'd be able to at least tell you the main plot and some of the character's names.
Sep 4, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2007
After hundreds of series I regularly have this problem. If you say the name of an anime to me it will sound familiar but I probably couldn't tell you much about it, if I see a couple screen shots from the series that normally jogs my memory for the general plots though.

This is often more of a problem with 12 episode animes as with the longer ones I have more time to take in character names and what is happening.
Sep 5, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2013
A few series come to mind where I don't have much memory on what happens, though I generally remember the gist of the shows I've watched.
Sep 5, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
I already have bad memory so yea, anime series are forgotten
Sep 5, 2016 1:51 PM
Jan 2016
I generally remember the gist of every anime I've watched ... or at least I think I do, it's possible there is some anime I've just completely forgotten that I've watched.
Sep 5, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
My memory sucks ass so it makes sense that wouldn't remember all that much from a lot of the shows and movies that I watch. That's another thing that is great about rating anime.
Sep 5, 2016 2:03 PM
Aug 2016
It happen to me too. Most of time is when I don't watch that determinate shpw for long time (atleast 5 years). So far the only I forgot are D-Gray man (watched only the anime when it first come out and rewatched recently for Hallow), HxH (watched only the original anime when it aired...Put on par a few years ago with the remake) , Berserk (read only the manga...still need to re read) and OP a long time ago (on TV they did all till the end of Skypea but than they abruptly end it and re-start after a few years with the Navarone base filler...Rewatched the replica on TV when theyre-did it and startedthe manga with Impel Down)
Sep 5, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2014
Big_Gammy said:
It happen to me too. Most of time is when I don't watch that determinate shpw for long time (atleast 5 years). So far the only I forgot are D-Gray man (watched only the anime when it first come out and rewatched recently for Hallow), HxH (watched only the original anime when it aired...Put on par a few years ago with the remake) , Berserk (read only the manga...still need to re read) and OP a long time ago (on TV they did all till the end of Skypea but than they abruptly end it and re-start after a few years with the Navarone base filler...Rewatched the replica on TV when theyre-did it and startedthe manga with Impel Down)

For one reason or another I remember 1piece really well even though I couldn't even tell you the last year I watched an episode. I generally stopped I think.. right where they meet the samurai dudes. I watched it for mannny years though all the way from the beginning starting 10 yrs ago. I don't even read the manga anymore, it's just too damn crazy for me. So much stuff covering every page I have 0 patience & interest to cover all that anymore LOL.
Sep 5, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2015
Happens all the time to me. Even for shows I really liked I can't remember all the details; rather I remember the biggest things that happened and the overall impression that the show left of me. But as @Pullman said, it's not necesarily a bad thing. It makes re-watching really enjoyable sometimes.

I noticed that whenever I marathon a show I have a harder time remembering details as opposed to when I take my time to watch it, too.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 5, 2016 6:32 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I wouldn't want to say that I have bad memory in general but I guess there are many shows I watched that I completely forgot what happened or what they're about.

I'd be disappointed if I forgot a lot of what happened in my favorite shows though.
Sep 5, 2016 7:50 PM

Dec 2013
I tend to forget shows that were kind of average. But I do remember a lot of what I watch but the exception to that is any slice of life show. Only a few weeks after I finish one and I begin to forget everything about it, even if I rated it pretty good.
Sep 5, 2016 7:57 PM

Feb 2015
Mhhh... The reason I create MAL in the first place. So I don't forget shitty things.

Though there's a lot of SoL anime that is pretty much so memorable to me, some series that really dug too deep to my heart.
Sep 5, 2016 9:57 PM

Feb 2010
RedaJaNai said:
Happens all the time to me. Even for shows I really liked I can't remember all the details; rather I remember the biggest things that happened and the overall impression that the show left of me. But as @Pullman said, it's not necesarily a bad thing. It makes re-watching really enjoyable sometimes.

I noticed that whenever I marathon a show I have a harder time remembering details as opposed to when I take my time to watch it, too.

Yeah I very much share the same impression. Marathoning is like cramming, you'll forget things quicker than if you spread it out over a longer period of time. It makes sense that when a show is on your mind for 2 days you'll remember less about it a few months later than if it's on your mind for say 3 months (as in a seasonal show you watch while it airs).
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 6, 2016 2:16 AM

Nov 2009
anonypc said:
Does this ever happen to you guys/girls? More than I'd like to admit, there are just several shows which I can't remember anything happening for the life of me (example: FLCL, Rahxephon, Mushishi, Z tempest, Eureka 7, etc. etc.).

Or do you generally remember the gist every show you watch?

People (including me) have trouble actually remembering what Shingu was about. Yet I rated it 10 (masterpiece), which doesn't happen every day for me.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1179/Gakuen_Senki_Muryou
I don't remember how did Fortune Arterial end.

Occasionally, I find anime on my list that I have no memory of ever watching. Maybe it's a database error, maybe I marked it wrong, maybe the name and picture aren't like the anime at all, and maybe they fell into a memory hole.

On the other hand, I can remember the main points of a lot most other anime I've watched, including the first one (Cardcaptor Sakura).
Many of them are forgotten enough that they have re-watch value.
Sep 6, 2016 2:20 AM

Sep 2009
"Remember the gist," certainly. The details though... Unfortunately, my memory isn't what it used to be. It's pretty normal to forget things though, unless you particularly cared about it.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 6, 2016 2:20 AM
Jun 2015
finished 700 series and i still can play the "guess the anime" game...
Sep 6, 2016 5:29 AM

Feb 2016
I don't remember a lot of shows off hand or might not recognize a title, but as soon as I see a picture I remember watching it and the general storyline/whether I enjoyed it or not.

Shows that I really liked I can remember without the visual prompt.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

60 by luisfunes99 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
14 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
15 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

67 by Gator »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.