Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the president got herself a lesbian harem instead; truly the best ending.
Aug 31, 2016 7:21 PM
Jun 2011
Ah, I just read the entire last volume tonight, after putting it off for a few weeks, not wanting it to end.

I'm glad I saw Imai getting some love at the end there as well. After the conclusion, it felt like she was the only one being left out of happiness.

The end, either way would have been a great end, but I guess child hood friends just always win. I'm glad it wasn't a three-way end though, that would've seemed cheap to me. I'm glad there was a choice made between the two options.

I know this isn't strictly about the last chapter, but I just think the way the whole final volume is laid out is so perfect. First the ultimatum is set, then the one on one encounters between the main characters of the series, followed by a series of truly heartwarming confessions. With the art being even more wonderful than before, this last volume really made my heart swell. I'm just so glad everyone was happy in the end.

I really love Sugito Akira now. I read his blog post about the release of this volume and I can't wait to read his next work. I surely don't regret buying all 11 volumes either.

I do wonder how long it will be before they get scanlated. It seems they're only at 80 with little progress for a while now... I feel sad for those who have yet to read the rest.
Hi.
Dec 14, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
homo end eh..
i'm somewhat surprised
Jan 7, 2017 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
A very solid conclusion, glad that they would cover almost everyone in 18 pages, gonna miss so much this manga TTvTT

I believe that was like 2015 when I read it for the first time (less of two years since I remember the 100+ one was released the raw at Christmas) and I started to read it because of being a real love triangle and was a good one even if only that that feature lasted until Mizuki was transfered to the girls dorm. Very funny & enjoyable moments and the characters are well done, even I read alot of chapters twice (at english and spanish) while I was waiting for the troubled translation groups to release new chapters.

10/10 would re-read it again.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazJun 18, 2017 11:57 AM
Jan 27, 2017 9:40 PM
Oct 2016
i hope this manga still have a side story, which tell us how mizuki and takeru do after they were going out, well it is ends in 2016, so not hope much
Feb 28, 2017 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
So..... a sequel where Loki screw someone else gender again. XD

Was expecting that ending but tbh really want "10 years later or something" afterward. :)
Feb 28, 2017 7:20 AM
Aug 2014
this series will be great anime, even if it gets condensed into 12 episodes. I nominate small studio for it; Lerche, Kinema Citrus, TMS Entertainment, and Studio Gokumi.
Mar 2, 2017 5:45 AM

Mar 2015
okay-ish series... everythingjust barely entertaining... nice time pass i guess...

6/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 18, 2017 2:30 AM

Feb 2013
so he went female. It seems to have working out at least.

Would have liked the other way as female was the way everyone was leading him.
Mar 18, 2017 2:31 AM

Feb 2013
GuvanFrost said:
i hope this manga still have a side story, which tell us how mizuki and takeru do after they were going out, well it is ends in 2016, so not hope much

I like a side/alternate Story where he picks guy.
Apr 10, 2017 5:45 AM
Feb 2012
Well, the ending was garbage after all. 3/10 because of the hilarious facial expressions every now and then.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 26, 2017 5:53 AM
Apr 2017
The chapter was great. It satisfyingly concluded what I had wanted in the path Mizuki chose. Couldn't contain all the feels. Still shaking haha. Good read!
Jun 18, 2017 11:55 AM

Dec 2015
I'm so glad with the happy ending, very good manga overall, wish there was more.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 21, 2017 6:52 AM
May 2017
I needed many hours to think about the ending in Boku Girl because I was confused and had mixed feelings, I didnt liked this ending after reading! But this ending was in my opinion after a long time of thinking about this, the greatest alternative! (Im still confused and do not really have a firm opinion of that) (sry for my bad english)
ShendosJul 9, 2017 3:27 AM
Aug 21, 2017 8:49 AM
Jun 2016
Liked the manga, the ending was okay I guess. I really hate that Mizuki grew out her hair. I read this because of Loki and because of the tomboyish Mizuki (as a girl).
Still, it feels somewhat weird them ending up together.
But since my main focus was Loki, I don't care. XD
Dec 10, 2017 11:46 PM
Mar 2015
It was the expected ending and the one I wanted so I was really happy with it. Of course I would always be happy for more (which the .5 chapter after did add some), but I think it also ended with the intended and best ending. The characters end as who they wanted to be and should be.
Jan 12, 2018 7:47 PM
Jan 2018
And another good gender bender bites it before animation. Though the way things are going someone’s going to animate these forgotten gems especially with another FMP season out (in apr). Loved this ending, would have liked more gags from Loki, and instead of Mizuki swapping genders toward the end some antics like with the shrimps. It’s only downfall is that the series didn’t gain enough meat to keep it going until it caught on, came close to it.
Mar 18, 2018 5:49 AM
May 2016
This is my first gender bender and romance manga I've ever read. I like there is a conclusion. Mizuki chose that decision because of what his/her heart was speaking. But I got a feeling of uneasiness in the ending. I'm like..... I'm never ever going to read a manga that has gender bender and romance genre. I CAN'T PUT EVERYTHING INTO WORDS. IT TICKS ME OFF! Love is blind indeed. STILL TICKS ME OFF!
May 19, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2009
So, Boku Girl ends like _r___s Girl after all.

Well, my ship just sank the chapter before... but this is fine too. Yumeko was happy at the end so there's nothing to complain about for me. Anime when

All in all, this was a very fun ride. I actually re-read everything up to chapter 92 since I forgot some key stuff after halting and putting this off for too long - I don't regret having to read through all of those again, it was good and the characters are just lovable. On a side note, I read through it all while listening to Lon's version of Double Lariat on repeat. A rather fitting song for this manga, if I may say so.
Aug 17, 2018 1:22 AM
Jul 2011
FromAnotherWorld said:
This is my first gender bender and romance manga I've ever read. I like there is a conclusion. Mizuki chose that decision because of what his/her heart was speaking. But I got a feeling of uneasiness in the ending. I'm like..... I'm never ever going to read a manga that has gender bender and romance genre. I CAN'T PUT EVERYTHING INTO WORDS. IT TICKS ME OFF! Love is blind indeed. STILL TICKS ME OFF!
Give Ranma 1/2 a try :) the OG romance/genderbender manga. It is more comedy and less drama, but there is a good amount of romance tucked away :) Maybe Im just feeling nostalgic because I broke my manga cherry with it but I highly recommend it still!!
Sep 14, 2018 6:24 AM
Sep 2018
Why does all the good anime/manga I read have to be so old to the point that there could be nothing more of them.
Jan 29, 2019 11:33 PM

Jun 2015
I liked it more when they were focusing on comedy but it was a nice ending anyways.
:)
Apr 29, 2019 6:32 AM
Feb 2019
I wish this manga get anime adaptation 😆
Jun 5, 2019 11:13 AM

Nov 2017
This one was really frustrating for me, personally. I absolutely loved Takeru (and Mizuki), but the manga often wasted so much time on pointless sidestories and gags that I just find myself wanting a little more, even if I admittedly expected a bit too much. That said though, I'm sad that it's over.
Jan 28, 2020 12:44 AM

Jan 2009
This was a disappointing cliche ending.
Its alway like this with these kind of storys sadly. And he/she didn't even grow bigger breasts even tough they kept "they have grown" teasing the whole time.

This volume felt dragged on/filler as we basically already had this result in an early volume.
Id rather have seen him/her going with one of the girls.. even if he chose to stay a girl.
Feb 11, 2021 1:24 AM
Dec 2019
No hate but the ending was really predictable and disappointing.
I wanted to see mizuki get with either of the girls tbh👤
But the manga isn’t that bad in my opinion,I enjoyed it.
Mar 27, 2021 10:38 PM
Dec 2020
Ohhh i hated the ending !! i felt like he lead her on the whole time!!!! i got second hand embarrassment when she confessed and he didn’t like her back....WHAT WAS THE POINT....ELECTRIC CHAIR!!!

but anyways i can’t deny it was a good manga after all... too many useless side stories tho but hey...what can you do.....
wazbolsMar 27, 2021 10:43 PM
May 3, 2021 2:54 PM
Mar 2018
i thought i was getting a your name manga but instead got actual gay shit
May 3, 2021 10:08 PM

Jan 2020
meh, it was fine. I can't say I'm surprised by it but the two of them together are cute.

May 19, 2021 7:05 AM

May 2013
I want more! She really became the best girl in her series in that timeskip 🤣
I want more intimate scenes between her and Takeru

Gigguk was right: Sometimes it takes a man to become best girl 😂
Jan 26, 2022 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
really happy that this had a happy conclusion, pretty good ending and glad she made the right choice. overall was quite enjoyable, although if there was one part in particular i wasn't too fond of it'd probably be that last arc where she was switching and stuff. nevertheless, was still very cool.

too bad it didn't end in yuri, that would've made it even more perfect but oh well, can't always have it all..
Apr 17, 2022 5:29 PM
Aug 2019
I'm not totally thrilled with the ending. I'm sure there's plenty of people simply happy to have a homosexual ending but it didn't have a proper lead up to me. I wish more time was spent on the ending. The confessions were so rushed that it feels like Mizuki almost flipped a coin to decide his/her lifelong gender, when in reality it should have been based more on what kind of person he truly sees himself. A much more balanced ending should have included him either staying a boy and learning to be comfortable with his own definition of being a healthy male which includes appreciating cute stuffed animals or he should have chosen to be a girl for reasons much more complex than "I wanna date my bro that just confessed to me". Relationships fail frequently and what's gonna happen to Mizuki if they break up or something? He's choosing an entire gender reassignment based on the fickle feelings of youth which he literally struggled with right up until the last moment.

I have absolutely no issue with the "gay" ending on the merits of it being gay, but only on the issues of the main character being rushed into this decision to be more exciting for the reader.

I truly think that his confession to Fujiwara should have been wrapped up at least ten chapters ago so that the romance could have been built up more with his bro. As it stands, the ending concludes with him basically deciding "which one of my friends do I wanna fuck more" rather than a deep contemplation on gender reassignment
Mar 16, 12:37 AM
Nov 2020
les go, yaoi ending. Also, Mizuki with long hair is cute asf

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku Girl Chapter 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

10 by _elvira_ »»
Mar 9, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Boku Girl Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

13 by _elvira_ »»
Mar 4, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Boku Girl Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

9 by _elvira_ »»
Mar 3, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Boku Girl Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

12 by _elvira_ »»
Mar 3, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Boku Girl Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2015

3 by fanitear »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.