Forum Settings
Forums
New
will it get canceled?
Aug 16, 2016 2:14 AM

Apr 2016
This is quite dark themed for WSJ and alot of parents might complain that a huge magazine like WSJ that even there kids will probably read is not suitable therefore it will probably get axed. when comes to ranking, popularity and reviews it doing quite well from what I heard but its overall content that worries me. ofc I really do not hope for this development but I have much room for doubt. maybe the author should have chose another magazine to get serialised with like bessatsu shounen magazine or jump SQ where the content would be much more accepted than WSJ.

so what does anyone else think
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2016 8:56 AM

Jan 2016
It's not a bad manga, but I think it does not fit the WSJ.

Like you said, it would be better in another magazine.
But all they care about is how popular it will become, and if it's becoming popular, they will not cancel it.
Aug 16, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
It's getting a good reception so far and it doesn't look like a long running series either, so it can tell it's story in less than 200 chapters like assclass did.
Aug 16, 2016 10:27 PM

Oct 2013
If it's too dark for kiddy shounen jump, they could put it in the same magazine as snk, or better yet the same magazine as seven deadly sins, because I would rather it be weekly.

This is a fresh of breath air from all the generic series in shounen jump. Also most of onepiece fans are adult, so it being dark should not affect it.
keragammingAug 16, 2016 10:31 PM
Aug 17, 2016 4:33 AM

Jul 2014
keragamming said:
If it's too dark for kiddy shounen jump, they could put it in the same magazine as snk, or better yet the same magazine as seven deadly sins, because I would rather it be weekly.

This is a fresh of breath air from all the generic series in shounen jump. Also most of onepiece fans are adult, so it being dark should not affect it.

The magazines that 7ds and snk are in are published by Kodansha, not Shueisha (which does WSJ and Jump SQ) so they can't do that.
And even if OP has lots of adult fans, WSJ is still mainly targeted toward kids and early/mid-teens. OP isn't the only series in Jump.
toblynarutoAug 18, 2016 4:38 AM
Aug 17, 2016 5:36 AM

Mar 2016
I hope it doesn't get axed, I want to see where the story goes

Aug 17, 2016 6:45 AM
May 2015
I want it to be in the top 10 until it finishes
Aug 17, 2016 8:25 AM

Jul 2016
Has there been any case where a manga got axed because of complaints?

Anyway, even if it's not axed, I'm afraid the mangaka was forced to make it less darker. Would be such a shame.
Aug 17, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
It's healthy to just assume that any new series in WSJ will get axed. It will save you from extreme disappointment later on.
Aug 18, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
vikki7783 said:
keragamming said:

The magazines that 7ds and snk are in are published by Kodansha, not Square Enix (which does WSJ and Jump SQ) so they can't do that.
And even if OP has lots of adult fans, WSJ is still mainly targeted toward kids and early/mid-teens. OP isn't the only series in Jump.

Shueisha publishes WSJ and SQ, not Square-Enix.
Aug 18, 2016 4:37 AM

Jul 2014
Quintin_DM said:
vikki7783 said:

The magazines that 7ds and snk are in are published by Kodansha, not Square Enix (which does WSJ and Jump SQ) so they can't do that.

Shueisha publishes WSJ and SQ, not Square-Enix.

oh yeah, my mistake, sorry about that. I'll edit it.
Aug 18, 2016 7:37 PM
Mar 2013
I guess that JUMP are trying to avoid that attack on titan mistake they made but still as for the series well i don't think it would be axed so i say it will run for in about 3 or 4 years with a anime adaptation.
Sep 6, 2016 11:44 PM

Jan 2015
I think it'd be kinda stupid if they axed this manga just because it has a darker theme. I mean, Death Note was pretty dark for Jump and was one of their biggest hits. Neverland seems to have great potential for one day being in the same hall as Death Note, it would be very disappointing if that potential was wasted. Especially now, when Jump needs more than ever new big hits.
Sep 7, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2012
Just started reading it from the Jump Start on WSJ. Sure hope it doesn't get axed, you don't see too many series like this.
Sep 9, 2016 3:47 AM
Aug 2016
I don't want too, but probably it will be cancelled, because of the Horror genre.
Sep 9, 2016 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
how the fuck WSJ suddenly identical with kids? they just have kimetsu no yaiba, iron knight, devily man, illegal rare, the list still can goes on... it's just darker series rarely satisfy WSJ readers...

darker series is harder to make, mainly because need more line and ink... with WSJ HARSH pace, author usually focusing too much in their art, when the story usually felt half assed... it's understable and plenty weekly magazine series suffering the same...

i doubt this will be long run, but understable if this got axed... i hope not thou...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 9, 2016 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
Kuma said:
how the fuck WSJ suddenly identical with kids?

Mostly because they refused snk because it was not kid friendly enough, that means they were going into the safe no violence route until that happened and now everyone thinks they were always for kids.
Sep 9, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:
Kuma said:
how the fuck WSJ suddenly identical with kids?

Mostly because they refused snk because it was not kid friendly enough, that means they were going into the safe no violence route until that happened and now everyone thinks they were always for kids.

rather than kid freindly enough, isn't it because the storytelling is not suitable for jump? well... jump has pretty strict cencorship anyways since they are already oftenly provoke them in the first place, so it's also possible.. jump is too often pushing their limit that make them got restriction the most since they are the most popular... LMAO...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 9, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
@kuma it was because it was too violent and eren wasn't a happy go lucky luffy clone.
They missed out on a mega blockbuster series but atleast they learned their lesson.
ichii_1Sep 9, 2016 10:22 AM
Sep 9, 2016 10:24 AM

Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:
@kuma it was because it was too violent and eren wasn't a happy go lucky luffy clone.
They missed out on a mega blockbuster series but atleast they learned their lesson.
they axed iron knight soon afterwards thou (which ironicaly similiar with AOT)... they (jump) prefer to care about their readers, people who guaranted to like their product and playing save rather than taking risk expanding their market...
Sep 9, 2016 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
Kuma said:
ichii_1 said:
they axed iron knight soon afterwards thou (which ironicaly similiar with AOT)... they (jump) prefer to care about their readers, people who guaranted to like their product and playing save rather than taking risk expanding their market...

Iron knight got changed for the worse too, the one shot is way better than the serialization I feel bad for the mangaka having to change his story cause of kiddy editors.
What risk? jump had way more violent series than snk so rejecting it makes no sense other than they were going the censored kiddy route, if neverland was submitted before snk was rejected it would not have been accepted.
Sep 9, 2016 11:39 AM

Jan 2015
If Death Note wasn't cancelled, then Yaskusoku no Neverland and kimetsu no Yaiba won't be as well
Sep 9, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:
Kuma said:

Iron knight got changed for the worse too, the one shot is way better than the serialization I feel bad for the mangaka having to change his story cause of kiddy editors.
What risk? jump had way more violent series than snk so rejecting it makes no sense other than they were going the censored kiddy route, if neverland was submitted before snk was rejected it would not have been accepted.
how do you know he got kiddy editors? not because himself? he back again to wsj now anyways... you can also ask for change editors if the author feel editor is not suitable...

this words is contradicting... if SNK can accepted visually cencorship, why they denied? then the problem is not in visual but content... Jump has some griity series in before, in between, and after SNK... i doubt the promises neverland is rejected if they are short of series like now (well also depent how tight competition in serialization, since jump currently has plenty slot, the competition should less thight)... seriously, SNK being famouse still not change a thing in wsj... gritty series still exist in wsj even thou rarely go long...
Sep 9, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2009
I didn't know the Wall Street Journal had manga lol
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 27, 2016 4:54 AM
Apr 2015
I'm getting some Hunter x Hunter vibes from this manga, so I have high hopes.
Sep 27, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2016
I hope the editor is good enough to not let the mangaka draw gritty/not-safe-for-children scenes. It'd be a shame if the serialization is cancelled. I'm starting to like the manga.
Sep 27, 2016 6:22 AM

Feb 2015
I don't think it's getting axed this early on since it ranked pretty good (above Haikyuu and Shokugeki no Souma lol)!!
https://yonkouprod.com/shonen-jump-43-toc/
Oct 3, 2016 3:45 PM

Oct 2011
I saw it on the list of new releases today after reading the new chapter of Fairy Tail. I just read the first chapter. It was predictable. I had a feeling that it was something along those lines of where the orphans were really going when they got "adopted" and heading to the outside world.

Seems decent, but it seems like it's along the lines of attack on titan and Owari no Seraph.
Oct 3, 2016 7:10 PM

Apr 2012
I don't see it getting axed, and even if it did another magazine would pick it up this manga looks real promising especially after chapter 9
Oct 3, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2013
Kuma said:
ichii_1 said:

how do you know he got kiddy editors? not because himself? he back again to wsj now anyways... you can also ask for change editors if the author feel editor is not suitable...

this words is contradicting... if SNK can accepted visually cencorship, why they denied? then the problem is not in visual but content... Jump has some griity series in before, in between, and after SNK... i doubt the promises neverland is rejected if they are short of series like now (well also depent how tight competition in serialization, since jump currently has plenty slot, the competition should less thight)... seriously, SNK being famouse still not change a thing in wsj... gritty series still exist in wsj even thou rarely go long...

The art was also part of the reason why snk got rejected, they didn't think it was up to their standard.

I swear if this gets axed jump will be label as the worst magazine in Japan, at least for me. I doubt it will though, its doing well, there is enough smart people in this world.
Oct 3, 2016 9:34 PM

Mar 2015
Symptomatic said:
I hope the editor is good enough to not let the mangaka draw gritty/not-safe-for-children scenes. It'd be a shame if the serialization is cancelled. I'm starting to like the manga.
wsj has long history of cencorship, and no, they still not axed them because they got some cencorship alert, usually they will cencor/change them in physical volume release.. (make me remember harenchi gakuen scandal, lOl.. it ova still labeled hentai in here, even it serialized in wsj).. if you want to blame about cencorship, blame thepeople who make cencorship, not wsj.. wsj has to do this becuase they instructed to do so.. they have much more freedom back then.. even comedy author aftenly blatantly refference this (to love ru and gintama ever doing this, blatantly and wsj let them so..)

keragamming said:
Kuma said:

The art was also part of the reason why snk got rejected, they didn't think it was up to their standard.

I swear if this gets axed jump will be label as the worst magazine in Japan, at least for me. I doubt it will though, its doing well, there is enough smart people in this world.

sorry, i forgot about aot "art", lol
also we must note that:
> japan taste and our taste is different
> how it development well received
> average sales and magazine rank

but as @LuckyHarm mentioned above, this series rank doing fine, even excelent for new series...
KumaOct 3, 2016 9:45 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

40 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 5, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.