Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 16, 2023 8:49 AM
Feb 2020
I haven’t drop an animentil now and thats because I have a rule that if I haven’t watched more than three episodes I can drop it which hasn’t happened a lot so I just delete them, but in the future if I watched like half of the episodes of a certain anime I will drop it in the. list. I am still clean though!!
Apr 16, 2023 8:50 AM

Jan 2021
Crimson said:
Trying to trigger the AoT fans eh? jk lol

I have no problem with dropping an anime after 2-3 episodes, but 1 episode or less? that's just being impatient and not giving the anime any chance to show what it has in store for you.

Unless it is generally agreed that it's a shit anime, but in that case why are you even watching it?

I watched AOT season 1, Levi ova and season 2 and OP made the right decision to drop it.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Apr 16, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2022
Do you only add anime to your dropped list after you've seen a certain amount?

Anything that I've started and decided not to finish goes on my dropped list. The earliest I ever knew a show wasn't for me was about 10 minutes in, so I went ahead and said I had watched 1 episode before putting it on my dropped list.

Have you rated any anime in your dropped list that you've seen less than 1/5 of?

I rate every show that I'm finished with, so shows get a rating once they get either completed or dropped. This definitely includes shows of which I've seen less than 20%.

Have you ever dropped an anime more than halfway through?

Without looking at my list, I can think of 2 shows that I dropped past the 50% mark. I gave both of them a good faith effort since they had interesting premises and great reviews, but I just couldn't bring myself to watch the rest.

Do you even drop anime?

I recall an old commercial for some TV channel (think it was TV Land) where the tagline was "Life is too short to watch crap." I feel the same way about anime and will drop things that I'm not enjoying. Anime is entertainment, so I won't continue with something I don't find entertaining.

What do you think about people who drop anime movies or put popular anime in their dropped list that they haven't seen much of?

I don't really look at the lists of others, but I don't hold it against them. I find it much stranger when someone gives a 1/10 to something they watched for 100+ episodes. Did you not know you hated it before the 30-hour mark?
Apr 16, 2023 11:59 AM

Aug 2018
I usually try to adhere to the 3-episode rule but sometimes I don't. But whatever anime I dropped at episode 1 really isn't worth talking about, obviously. Unless of course I want to prove how special I am for dropping popular anime.
Apr 16, 2023 12:32 PM

May 2018
I dropped Date A Live after a few seconds. The only thing I've seen was close up image of panties of some stupid girl. 
Yes, I added that to my dropped list. Yes, I think I am knowledgeable about the show enough.

Apr 16, 2023 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
I don't count an anime as dropped unless I have seen at least one or two episodes. I just don't think it's worth adding to my Dropped list.

The only anime I recall dropping before I even finished was Madoka Magicka simply because I didn't like the art style. I did go back and actually give it a chance, and I liked it. I just never got around to finishing it.
Apr 16, 2023 1:08 PM
Jul 2021
I like to say I am rather 'putting the anime on hold' cuz it sounds better but I'm certainly never picking up Tokyo ghoul again lol
Apr 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Oct 2014
I don't think I ever dropped an anime before finishing the first episode. I'll probably do that someday though.
Apr 16, 2023 4:28 PM

Jan 2021
I watch at least two episodes before officially adding it to a drop list. If I just quit after one I don't even bother. In the last week alone I've "dropped" about 15 shows after turning them off after 5-10 minutes, but it's not even worth listing it.
Apr 16, 2023 4:33 PM

Oct 2019
I freakin noped out of ex-arm after like 6 minutes.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Apr 16, 2023 4:43 PM
Sep 2022
2 ep test usually for new anime, otherwise if I am in the middle of a season and something is just boring or not my preference I put it on hold and then try to watch it later. Very rarely do I just drop in the middle, so far its been Assassination class room ep 10 and Code Geass ep 12.
Apr 16, 2023 4:52 PM

Jul 2019
Panty and Stocking. Didn't add it to my dropped list as I never even added it to my watching list, but I dropped as soon as they got to the potty humor. Not a fan of shit jokes.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

26 by luckyrune »»
3 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

40 by MeltyGutz »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 49 minutes ago

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
19 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

54 by Luchipher-Zen »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

64 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.