Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh man...that was kinda epic. I admit I was half afraid they were going to make Yuki angst too much like he seemed to be doing in all the other movies but luckily he wasn't too much. (In my opinion)

The fight with Nyx was also pretty awesome (and I can't help but laugh that Thanatos did the most damage in the 'Nyx fight').
I also give them big props for them showing Messiah even though it only glowed and didn't actually fight.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lie here with my mind blown and debating if I want to replay the game all over again for double the feels.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 5, 2016 11:13 PM
Feb 2013
Yeah this movie reminded me why i prefer Yuki over Yuu. That fight was pure epicness! And Yuki's ultimate sacrifice.... excuse me while i sob like a baby... Konomaru's howl at the end really hit home how tragic the situation was.
Aug 6, 2016 8:50 PM

Aug 2010
I... I just can't... Everything that i felt by the end of the game came rushing back in one full swoop.

This was amazing. Truly truly truly amazing.

The last chapter of the game was already one of the best things I've ever had the utmost pleasure of experiencing. How they managed to take that and elevate it even more with brilliant execution all around is just beyond me.

What's more, they took the last month and made use of it to develop the entire cast in a new way that's just plain better than the game.

The first rooftop scene gave me goosebumps and the second one had me in tears before realizing it. Makoto stumbling on his way to the roof, his expression while looking at Aegis and last fade to white almost killed me inside.

The staff clearly cared for the game and it really shows. Kudos to the entire staff and thank you. Thank you for making this adaptation this damn good.

This is one of the easiest 10/10 i've ever gave. If there ever was an 11/10, i'd have given it.

Now i just hope they do The Answer as well. The post-credit scene that

Maybe i'm overthinking about that scene, but i'll keep being hopeful.

Man, now i just want to go and replay the game again... again.
Aug 9, 2016 10:09 AM

Nov 2007
The friend is shadow and robot is lost. Main guy also related as it says something about "remembering". Everyone gathered and they cannot defeat him. Destruction is inevitable unless the main guy fight against him.

Very "dead" world as everyone is lifeless. Everyone's afraid.

Glad that the robot girl is still active.

Religion formed to worship Nix...

The lady from that mysterious space... a chance for relax, and gave him decision what he should do and that affects everyone. To live. Fight against Nyx also means destroy shadow time, too...

Those two enemies, as expected.

The shadow vs main guy's battle over multiple personas is very ... interesting.

Too late as that red eye inside huge machine like stuff came and absorbed the shadow.

Main guy gets in to fight the egg alone with everyone's feeling and the last power.

Wow @ the time skip. The main guy remembers after seeing robot girl and everyone else later.

That ED song reminds me of Kita-san's ver.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 11, 2016 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
Arcana shift quotes by Nyx included?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Aug 11, 2016 9:03 AM
Feb 2013
ernst said:
Arcana shift quotes by Nyx included?

Yep, the only problem with that scene is that they used 'burn my dread (final)' there instead of the last battle. But this is a tiny issue. The fight is amazing.
Aug 14, 2016 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
The interpersonal and personal struggles with the current events leading up to the decision to challenge Nyx was well done, and showed more than I think the game was able to properly convey.

I'm looking forward to see if they will adapt the Answer.

This is my favorite of the four films, glad to see this amazing game got a proper adaption that anyone can watch, enjoy and understand without prior game knowledge.
Aug 14, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
10/10.

I couldn't stand watching the youtube version but I needed the subtitles so I got a bit creative.
Had the Raw playing on top of the youtube version with the videos synced lol.

The after credits scene pretty much confirms Elizabeths motivations are to save Makoto. I mean, she's totally abandoning her duties! <3
Aug 14, 2016 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
Cellsplitter said:
10/10.

I couldn't stand watching the youtube version but I needed the subtitles so I got a bit creative.
Had the Raw playing on top of the youtube version with the videos synced lol.

The after credits scene pretty much confirms Elizabeths motivations are to save Makoto. I mean, she's totally abandoning her duties! <3

The YouTube version had subs.

(I don't know how to put a spoiler tag in but minor Answer spoilers)

I thought the movie was great. I just don't think the final scene was executed the way everyone else says it is. It was beautiful but I didn't get the impression that he died. The whole epilogue really doesn't work as a movie though. In the answer were told he stayed alive to fulfill the promise but that isn't in the movie.

It doesn't make sense to anime only viewers why he lived that long to just die when he remembered. If they catch on to him dying in the first place.

Aug 15, 2016 12:30 AM

Jan 2008
bestpsychosean said:

The YouTube version had subs.

Not sure if you read my post properly. I never said the youtube version didn't have subs. I said I couldn't stand it ('it' being the youtube quality of the video) so I played the Raw file on top of it so I could see the subs at the same time.
The compression during the fluid fight scenes especially got very crapy on the youtube version.
Aug 15, 2016 1:16 AM

Jan 2013
The ending was hopefully hinting at a movie for The Answer.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Aug 15, 2016 3:34 AM

Aug 2010
bestpsychosean said:

I thought the movie was great. I just don't think the final scene was executed the way everyone else says it is. It was beautiful but I didn't get the impression that he died. The whole epilogue really doesn't work as a movie though. In the answer were told he stayed alive to fulfill the promise but that isn't in the movie.

It doesn't make sense to anime only viewers why he lived that long to just die when he remembered. If they catch on to him dying in the first place.

But that's exactly what happened in the game, though. That part was really vague and open to interpretations until The Answer happened. A lot of people were really shocked back then to learn that the MC died as was revealed in the Answer.

Even if we ended up not getting an adaptation of the epilogue, the info in there just have no place in The Journey. You can't squeeze in exposition of how the "Great Seal" worked in the midst of this final extremely emotional scene. It would kill the mood and pacing that were perfectly conveyed in the entirety of the last day at the game.

Edit: Spell checking.
astroprogsAug 15, 2016 4:07 AM
Aug 15, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2007
Ending gets me every time. Only real gripe is that they didn't play "Because I Will Protect You" as the lead in to "Memories of You" for maximum feels. Seriously why didn't they do it!? Well that and not making the Aigis/Makoto moment the final one of the movie for that music choice to make sense. Bit of a letdown as this was literally the main thing I was waiting for ever since they announced the movies...oh well better than nothing I suppose.

Overall satisfactory presentation of P3 and we were lucky it was in movie format. Would it have benefited from a full 2cours rather than the abridged 18 episode equivalent we got? Perhaps but I highly doubt it would have been to the level of quality the series deserved.

I'd give the entire movie series a 7/10 as a P3 player with the final movie an 8/10. We got P3 without the fluff of the side stories the other arcana characters would have given us. Whether that's good or bad is up for debate, but they delivered on the core story of P3 adequately and that's what should count.

Also Aigis best girl.
Aug 15, 2016 7:21 AM
Sep 2014
As someone who doesn't have any clue what Persona is all about & simply watched Part "4" thinking it could be seen as a standalone... can anyone kindly explain why

I'm lost, please help!
Aug 15, 2016 8:14 AM

Apr 2015
karmenmeghan said:
As someone who doesn't have any clue what Persona is all about & simply watched Part "4" thinking it could be seen as a standalone... can anyone kindly explain why

I'm lost, please help!

Spoilers for P3FES

Aug 15, 2016 2:44 PM

Nov 2014
The animation was otherworldly!

Even though the general pacing and some decisions on the adaptatión were not from my liking i guess it was a decent movie, lot better than the previus one in both animation and pacing.

Unfortunately most of the anime-only viewers will surely not understand most of what happens in the movie.

Also loved the ending, quite faithful to the game.

Vsegda7 said:

Spoilers for P3FES

Man, this completely ruined my day.
Aug 15, 2016 5:59 PM

Oct 2011
10/10

+1 for seeing Messiah persona and Elizabeth
Can such a dream truely exist?
Aug 15, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2015
Elizabeth moment was fun. Yes... memories of you had to fuckin wreck me.. pretty good adaptation overall.
Aug 16, 2016 7:00 PM

Aug 2012
Great movie!
However I found the last scene a bit lacking.
I think it was made not to be depressing but if I hadn't played the game I wouldn't have realized that Yuki just "died".
Anyway glad they finally put some Elizabeth scenes and that post ending ;)
Aug 16, 2016 7:38 PM
Aug 2016
yeah the ending is great
hope the will make the answer, that will tell us what really happen to mc (anyone that play P3FES already know obviously)
even though i already know the ending from the game, this movie ending still got me cry

good thing they finally adapt in this movie, the final form of other's personas

still hoping atlus gonna make continuation of P3FES game
Aug 16, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2014
Makoto sending out all those high level personas toward the end of the fight was cool to see each one being animated. Solid adaptation.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 19, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
---Phantom--- said:
Great movie!
I think it was made not to be depressing but if I hadn't played the game I wouldn't have realized that Yuki just "died".

well you aren't really supposed to know that. I was shocked af when I started the Answer.
Aug 19, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2014
God that was great but I'm still a little confused. I know this adapting the original P3 but why didn't they include the major stuff from FES like Metis and Erebus unless they are saving that for later? Also the ending was a tad confusing I bet for anime only watchers. The end was showing Yuki's final day up til the point where everyone remembered him then he "dies" going back to being trapped by the seal on Nyx right? If thats not right someone please clarify.

Additionally, I'm hype for whenever Atlus decides to launch the next part of Elizabeth's story towards saving Makoto. It was hinted in multiple games but nothing has happened as of yet. Maybe P5 will give some insight?
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Aug 19, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
That was a very good last movie, liked it a lot. Especially after previous one in which most of the time i didn't know what was happening. Surprised about the animation, some scenes looked really amazing.
While watching i thought that it's similar to Devil Survivor 2, prob because the theme is pretty much the same.
As most of the times nowadays the comedy is not the best thing enjoyed the segment with Elizabeth quite a lot (i consider it as the humor part, even if it's a small one).
For the ending, at first i thought that his death should be the right thing, like he sacrificed himself for the world, but he survived and the happy ending. After reading comments found out that in the game there is something after and his life was prolonged only until promise (i thought it was hinted in the movie but it wasn't clear at all). Therefore kinda mixed feelings.
Aug 19, 2016 7:38 PM
May 2013
This 4th movie is heads and shoulders above the other 3. 10/10 for this movie and 11/10 for that ending
Aug 20, 2016 5:42 AM

May 2014
this is how i summarize my whole experience of this movie

i cant stop feeling emotional for a whole day after i watched this T^T just like when i finished the original game P3FES

11/10

i wonder how it will turn up if they switch the bg music of yuki vs avatar nyx and the last battle like in the game... i think it will be more epic

also P3,P3FES,P3M,P3P >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P4, P4G, P4A, P4GA when it comes to every aspect
MiChocoFudgeAug 20, 2016 5:48 AM
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Aug 20, 2016 5:46 AM

May 2014
---Phantom--- said:
Great movie!

you have no heart, when i saw for the first time p3mc was struggling (yeah, it cant be seen in the game) i cant help but cry

also put a spoiler next time ;)
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Aug 22, 2016 6:15 AM

Nov 2014
Great adaptation :D

the event execution is pretty awesome

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Aug 22, 2016 7:45 AM

Sep 2007
Personally...I think the end scene of the movie doesn't hint Yuki "died" compared to how more strongly the game hinted it....but that was my impression....so I partly kinda doubt they will adapt "The Answer" into movie (which I wish they would cuz I was never able to beat/ finish "The answer")

Aka, imo the movie made it seem more like Yuki was tired/out of breath running to meet Aegis....the game had him follow Aegis from the start if I recall?....so there wasn't any other reason why he was getting tired and stuff

oh well idk, that was my impression....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 22, 2016 9:37 AM
Jul 2015
Ikano said:
Personally...I think the end scene of the movie doesn't hint Yuki "died" compared to how more strongly the game hinted it....but that was my impression....so I partly kinda doubt they will adapt "The Answer" into movie (which I wish they would cuz I was never able to beat/ finish "The answer")

Aka, imo the movie made it seem more like Yuki was tired/out of breath running to meet Aegis....the game had him follow Aegis from the start if I recall?....so there wasn't any other reason why he was getting tired and stuff

oh well idk, that was my impression....
this is the last persona 3 movies , so dont have adaption for the answer
Aug 22, 2016 4:43 PM
Aug 2015
That was a great ending! I like the animation.. The final fight vs Nyx was cool! And Yuki's sacrifice was so depressing ;-; It's really different compared to P4..

10/10 for this final movie
8.5/10 overall
Aug 23, 2016 4:35 AM

Mar 2010
Hello everyone. I've played the ps2 game back in 2012 as I can recall. Just wanna ask. Is this the final installment for the adaptation? (Haven't watch the first movie) and wow I can see a lot of people are satisfied with the adaptation, sounds an amazing movie all in all

Edit : I am actually posting this in shopping mall , while looking at the DVD(includes some interesting booklets) thinking should buy or not lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2016 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
Sebastian333 said:
Hello everyone. I've played the ps2 game back in 2012 as I can recall. Just wanna ask. Is this the final installment for the adaptation? (Haven't watch the first movie) and wow I can see a lot of people are satisfied with the adaptation, sounds an amazing movie all in all

Edit : I am actually posting this in shopping mall , while looking at the DVD(includes some interesting booklets) thinking should buy or not lol
I know it's late, but i'll answer anyway.

Yes, Movie #4 (Winter of Rebirth) is the final movie in the series. There's an epislogue, but that might not get adapted into a movie, and that's alright since the 4 movies end on a conclusive note.
Aug 24, 2016 12:19 AM

Mar 2010
astroprogs said:
Sebastian333 said:

Yes, Movie #4 (Winter of Rebirth) is the final movie in the series. There's an epislogue, but that might not get adapted into a movie, and that's alright since the 4 movies end on a conclusive note.

Nah its cool , and thanks so much for your info man!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2010
Sebastian333 said:
astroprogs said:

Nah its cool , and thanks so much for your info man!

Don't mention it :D
Aug 27, 2016 10:21 AM

Jun 2012
That was like a breath of fresh air.
Aug 27, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
That Nyx battle is truly epic!
They adapt it well~
Hopefully they will make Special episode of "The Answer"

Finally, this 2 years journey came to end...

For those who didn't get it, Makoto died in the end
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 31, 2016 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
Animation was breathtaking, but the ending could've been better IMO. Where's ze blue butterfly at? Did I miss it?

Also he did not fuck elizabeth so I rate this movie 1 out of 5.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 2, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, this movie was sooo much better than the last one (in terms of directing and animation), BUT there is something regards Aigis "identity" and the ending that the film hints at that bothers me alot (i played through every version of the game - basically my favourite game of all time):

SPOILER

Does Winter of Rebirth want us to believe Aigis is the reincarnation of Makotos mother???
Let me get into detail: We all know the unforgetable scene from the game where the MC dies in the lap of Aigis at the end. In the movie this scene gives us a strong impression of motherly love. In the game Makotos mother never had ANY screentime, thats why in P3 (vanilla/FES) and P3P doesn`t even let us think about that theory. I`ve always seen the relationship between the MC and Aigis as a romantic one or rather a soulmate esque relationship. But in Winter of Rebirth Makotos mother is even in the first scene and is the reason for his resolve before the ending part (with her final words: "live.") giving her much more importance.
In the final scene with Aigis (in the game she visits him at his room, here he tries desperately to reach the roof to meet her) it specifically hints at that theory:

Ahead of him, in the warm spring sunlight, Aigis waits.
She smiles softly, says reverently, “We were able to meet again.”
They approach each other from opposite sides of the roof with slow steps but large smiles… but as they are about to make it face-to-face, Makoto stumbles.
Aigis catches him as he collapses, kneeling down to kneel with him, and hugs him close.
“Welcome home, Makoto-san.”
Makoto rests his head on her shoulder.

(source of the transcript: http://theoneprecioustome.tumblr.com/winter%20of%20rebirth)

It seems to me that he sees his mother again after all those years instead of him remembering his promise to Aigis (and the others).

Even more clear is following sentence from Aigis:

“You must be tired. Please, rest well… Because I will always be here. Because we will meet with everyone soon. Rest assured, because I will always be at your side to protect you.”

Now compare the movies ending (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9pHt7bEQeg) with the ending of the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhhUhzWCGz0)...

I hope you see what i mean. Agis is more selfcentered or rather self reflecting, whereas in the movie ending she appears "detached" from her old self or rather ambigous. Also check out the scene right before Makoto reaches the roofdoors: The light is shining through as if to symbolise his ascend towards heaven, where his mother resides, in that case Aigis, who welcomes him with a "motherly" smile, not that of a lover.

SPOILERS END

What do you think about this? I personally don`t like this "change" if it has any truth to it tbh.
MondblutSep 2, 2016 8:16 AM
Sep 2, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2010
Mondblut said:
Wow, this movie was sooo much better than the last one (in terms of directing and animation), BUT there is something regards Aigis "identity" and the ending that the film hints at that bothers me alot (i played through every version of the game - basically my favourite game of all time):

SPOILER

Does Winter of Rebirth want us to believe Aigis is the reincarnation of Makotos mother???
Let me get into detail: We all know the unforgetable scene from the game where the MC dies in the lap of Aigis at the end. In the movie this scene gives us a strong impression of motherly love. In the game Makotos mother never had ANY screentime, thats why in P3 (vanilla/FES) and P3P doesn`t even let us think about that theory. I`ve always seen the relationship between the MC and Aigis as a romantic one or rather a soulmate esque relationship. But in Winter of Rebirth Makotos mother is even in the first scene and is the reason for his resolve before the ending part (with her final words: "live.") giving her much more importance.
In the final scene with Aigis (in the game she visits him at his room, here he tries desperately to reach the roof to meet her) it specifically hints at that theory:

Ahead of him, in the warm spring sunlight, Aigis waits.
She smiles softly, says reverently, “We were able to meet again.”
They approach each other from opposite sides of the roof with slow steps but large smiles… but as they are about to make it face-to-face, Makoto stumbles.
Aigis catches him as he collapses, kneeling down to kneel with him, and hugs him close.
“Welcome home, Makoto-san.”
Makoto rests his head on her shoulder.

(source of the transcript: http://theoneprecioustome.tumblr.com/winter%20of%20rebirth)

It seems to me that he sees his mother again after all those years instead of him remembering his promise to Aigis (and the others).

Even more clear is following sentence from Aigis:

“You must be tired. Please, rest well… Because I will always be here. Because we will meet with everyone soon. Rest assured, because I will always be at your side to protect you.”

Now compare the movies ending (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9pHt7bEQeg) with the ending of the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhhUhzWCGz0)...

I hope you see what i mean. Agis is more selfcentered or rather self reflecting, whereas in the movie ending she appears "detached" from her old self or rather ambigous. Also check out the scene right before Makoto reaches the roofdoors: The light is shining through as if to symbolise his ascend towards heaven, where his mother resides, in that case Aigis, who welcomes him with a "motherly" smile, not that of a lover.

SPOILERS END

What do you think about this? I personally don`t like this "change" if it has any truth to it tbh.

You're reading WAY too much into what I think is a pretty straightforward plot device.

The whole thing with Makoto's mother was created to give Makoto his own character development arc. In the game, due to the MC being a complete blank slate for the player to insert himself/herself into, when all the characters were antagonizing over their own mortality and psychological packages, the MC was too busy getting toys from a crane machine. The movies introduced a new and intersting characterization for Makoto, suitable for the main theme being Apathy, and finally chose the mother plot device telling him to live, alongside the promise, which gives Makoto his own agency and motives on top of his relationship with the others.

Aigis being the person responsible for how Makoto turned out, the movie tried to connect the two by showing how Makoto is completely over what happened and that he doesn't see Aigis as responsible. The execution of the last scene is just an abridged one of the game with the addition of Makoto stumbling on his way, that's all. Aigis doesn't talk about herself as much in that scene in the movie literally because of the runtime.

Finally, while the movie didn't intend for an interpretation like yours, Aigis IS special to Makoto, evident by the fact that she's the one who inherited his wild card. In the process of adding more and more to Makoto's character in the movie series, scenes that demonstrate just that were needed. it's less like Aigis is supposed to resemble his mother, it's more that Mokoto likes her with the same level of affection. Aigis's look isn't motherly as much as the look of someone who was stripped of their closest person for a long long time and they're finally meeting each other again, evident by her "We meet again." with that longing smile.

In short, Every Aigis scene was exactly like in the game with few omissions for the runtime, so the only things they imply are the exact same from the game. Any additions to Makoto's development have absolutely nothing to do with Aigis.
astroprogsSep 2, 2016 5:07 PM
Sep 2, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2009
Them showing Elizabeth leaving to go "find" Minato at the very end is such a tease. I still hold hopes to this day for some kind of continuation lol.

Anyways, loved all of the movies, solid 9/10 from me. The ending always makes me sad.
Sep 4, 2016 1:27 AM
Dec 2012
Makoto soloing Nyx Avatar and tanking Nyx's Armageddon-like spell like a boss. Awesome!
Sep 4, 2016 2:35 PM

Mar 2011
the ending theme is called "memories of you". just think about that for a second if you're wondering what happened to Yuki. the song is from Aegis' pov
Sep 4, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
Wow. I didn't know this film series could reach a further low than movie 2, but I was proven wrong.
Sep 4, 2016 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
Well is was a good conclusion to the movies and it seems like the protagonist dies in the end. It would've been better if I had played the game to better understand the plot since a lot of questions arose while I was watching the series. The fight and all the different personas were pretty cool. But I still find the concept to be quite absurd.
Sep 5, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
FatalGaze said:
Well is was a good conclusion to the movies and it seems like the protagonist dies in the end. It would've been better if I had played the game to better understand the plot since a lot of questions arose while I was watching the series. The fight and all the different personas were pretty cool. But I still find the concept to be quite absurd.

Haha that's how it looks for most game adaptations. Since playing the game is a mixture of combat/gameplay and story you never think about its absurdity since you're not watching a movie and more in control. And I think it's a shame that you missed out on playing before watching. Since in the game fighting bosses requires tons of strategy using the whole group. I remember using aegis's amazing buff moves to boost the MC and rek using his various personas and each selected move. They also nailed the type of personas one would expect to have at the end so it feels awesome watching it and reliving the hell that was that final boss. Also the sacrifice death of the MC made it for me in this game.
Sep 5, 2016 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
That was just... amazing.

There were so many moments where I just wanted to pause and revel at the scene unfolding in the movie but couldn't bring myself to stop the moment xD

I actually only ever got halfway through P3 but now I'm determined to finish it all. Man that moment when everything just comes full circle is so good, this movie did it perfectly
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Sep 6, 2016 6:56 AM
Jul 2016
One thing the movie did well is explaining lots of stuff in the game that went unexplained. They did excellently at showing how the hell Messiah would actually be created, in which by having Makoto and Ryoji reach to an agreement. I like how they revamped the final battle. Awesome scenes for both Makoto vs Nyx Avatar (which retains its rape face) and Makoto vs the egg Nyx. The personal struggles are there. The fillers are fun as always. Even the way they made Makoto walk Elizabeth around town makes sense. The time skip is always an issue. They also seem to be baiting us for The Answer. I do hope enough people take the bait and adapt The Answer into an OVA at least, because the majority of it is full-on grinding (we don't see a lot of grinding in the movies so I assume a 100-minute adaptation would be too long for The Answer alone). 10/10 for this movie alone. 8/10 for all four.
Sep 6, 2016 1:13 PM

Oct 2009
Man... I love Persona.
Sep 7, 2016 2:42 PM

Mar 2014
>MFW when Memories of You started playing at the end

8/10 for this movie, 7/10 for the tetralogy overall

Why can't all video game adaptations be this good?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Key Visual & Preview

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2015

18 by SidVicious »»
Aug 5, 2016 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.