Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 6, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2011
Cabron said:
MasterHavik said:
He shouts lies and speaks like a 12 year old. His channel is small beans anyway,
Whether his channel is big or not is irrelevant.
It is because it can tell you how many is he really reaching.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 6, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2013
MasterHavik said:
Cabron said:
Whether his channel is big or not is irrelevant.
It is what it is yo, can't do much about it.

Zapredon said:
ItsFappingTime29 said:

Whoever listens to a 30 year old jobless bald guy making stupid videos that make him sound smart or critical is an idiot. I watch thatanimesnobs videos only for good laughs.

thatanimesnob is considered as second worst youtube anime reviewer.

http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-youtube-anime-reviewer-channels/
>he hates on all modern anime
It's not nice to tell lies you know.
CabronAug 6, 2016 9:44 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 6, 2016 9:44 PM

May 2016
Cabron said:
Anyway, the fact that you guys take Snob's persona seriously is something else.

I don't see how that matters, try putting on a persona of a cunt in real life and you would get your ass beaten in no time.
Aug 6, 2016 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Cabron said:

I don't see how that matters, try putting on a persona of a cunt in real life and you would get your ass beaten in no time.
But this isn't in real life, it's on YouTube.

Aug 6, 2016 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
Cabron said:
MasterHavik said:

Zapredon said:

Real talk man. I just feel we need more guys make in depth videos like Giccuk and Digibro. Too many people are basic when it comes to anime. It isn't about taste...but I feel no one can give you in depth reasons to why a show is good or bad.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 6, 2016 9:50 PM

Oct 2014
Honestly, the rate at which this show is going, its probably gonna stay up at it's score on here, if not, go up even higher, knowing whats coming up soon.

Either way, if people don't like what they watch, they should stop shitposting and just enjoy what they like instead.
Aug 6, 2016 9:52 PM

May 2016
Cabron said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

He doesn't just use that persona on youtube, he uses it everywhere he goes. It might as well be what defines him and not a persona at this point.
Aug 6, 2016 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Cabron said:

He doesn't just use that persona on youtube, he uses it everywhere he goes. It might as well be what defines him and not a persona at this point.
I have yet to see him use it outside of YouTube.
There were some podcasts that had him on where he didn't use his persona, he was a pretty chill guy. Sadly those podcasts got deleted, or I just can't find them...

Aug 6, 2016 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
MasterHavik said:
Cabron said:

Real talk man. I just feel we need more guys make in depth videos like Giccuk and Digibro. Too many people are basic when it comes to anime. It isn't about taste...but I feel no one can give you in depth reasons to why a show is good or bad.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1534726&show=50 Check this if you've not already.

-Abyss_Walker- said:
Zapredon said:

Not surprising in the least considering he is just a pretentious critic.

Uhh... I took a look at the list, and it didn't appear to be something to be taken seriously, eh. And the guy who made it is 16 years old in his profile...
( o_o)

Cabron said:

He appears to me as one who's little to find redeeming in himself, and thinks of his job as 'anime critic' as a way to. ... So there's a possibility of it being his persona, only? I'd hope it was the case, but he appears authentic... I wish I'm being fooled.
removed-userAug 6, 2016 10:30 PM
Aug 6, 2016 10:37 PM

Jan 2013
You're just being fooled. It's like I told Abyss, he's a pretty chill guy if you listened to the podcasts he's been on, but they seem to have been deleted...
I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't fooled the first time I heard about him.

Aug 6, 2016 10:42 PM
Jan 2015
Uhh... as for the pacing, I don't think so. I think Re:Zero acquits itself well in that department yet it looks like it is going to have a second season.

PS: Yeah yeah. I am kind of spamming but here's my blog. Thank you for paying a visit!
Aug 7, 2016 6:00 AM
Jun 2016
Well , Whitefox was the studio that created steins;gate and it also had the same kind of plot about timeloops and they've done a great job of ending the series so I think they won't screw this up that's my opinion
Aug 7, 2016 6:04 AM

Oct 2015
Cabron said:
he's a pretty chill guy if you listened to the podcasts he's been on, but they seem to have been deleted...

Yes he may be chill but that doesn't change the fact that he presents himself as a moron on his videos.

On-topic:
It does seem to be quite likely with the path Re:zero is taking, but I still think it's better than ERASED anyway because at least the first two arcs were good, whereas I thought ERASED was pretty meh throughout the whole show.
Aug 7, 2016 6:53 AM

Feb 2010
I don't give a shit as long as I enjoy it half as much as I did Erased. The salt about that shows is one of the most irrational things I ever saw on MAL so I refuse to acknowledge it had anything to do with the quality of the show. It had everything to do with people being salty and throwing around the word 'NTR' for no reason.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 7, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
Lobinde said:
Cabron said:
he's a pretty chill guy if you listened to the podcasts he's been on, but they seem to have been deleted...

Yes he may be chill but that doesn't change the fact that he presents himself as a moron on his videos.
That's your own pejorative, can't help you with that.

Aug 7, 2016 8:19 AM

Jul 2014
Trust me if you worry about salty shippers ruin the show then there no reason to worry everyone will be satisfy , their others reasons why this show might get a back lash later
Aug 7, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2016
Don't even talk about that!! It may actually happen

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Aug 7, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
If I gave Erased a 4, then yes, It will likely suffer the same Fate/Stay Night.
Aug 7, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
Cabron said:
You're just being fooled. It's like I told Abyss, he's a pretty chill guy if you listened to the podcasts he's been on, but they seem to have been deleted...

Yeah like you said in podcasts and when he's on skype I believe he doesn't even use the snob persona. I don't agree with everything snob says but his anime truth videos tend to be spot on.
Aug 7, 2016 4:03 PM
Feb 2015
re zero started out strong strong from the first episode and has continued staying strong unlike erased
Aug 7, 2016 4:09 PM
Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Difference is that this season isn't a full adaptation since Re:Zero is still publishing, so it can't receive backlash for having a bad ending like Erased since it won't have an ending
re zero is just the darker konosuba
Aug 7, 2016 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
terminador_2397 said:
Cabron said:

Yeah like you said in podcasts and when he's on skype I believe he doesn't even use the snob persona. I don't agree with everything snob says but his anime truth videos tend to be spot on.
Yeah, I forgot to mention about Skype.
And same here, his anime truth videos are his strongest forte.

Aug 7, 2016 5:06 PM
Nov 2015
BlueAvatar said:
there was a huge hype back clash against this show when episode 13 aired..but the show kinda redeemed itself with the 15th episode..my question is..will something happen in the next few episodes that would make the anime comunity burn it to the ground and drop the shit out of its MAL score like what happened to ERASED..? I mean..there is already enough salt caused by the 18th episode..xD

I would laugh my ass off, then
Aug 7, 2016 5:34 PM

Apr 2016
After reading a lot of opinions in the forum I really have the feeling that the novel is better than the anime.

Someone here was pointing out that it could feel rushed toward the end. Actually it is already but it's still minor for many, I wonder if they even noticed. The point is many Novel readers don't care much because they know it all already, they might have got it with the right pace too and they know even the things the realisation of the anime forgot or couldn't insert.

My theory is novel readers won't downvote much the anime because they love already the story beyond the third arc and they could digest already the MC yelling and stupidity without having to experience it first hand right in the face (and in the ears) the way the no-readers did.

As far as I'm concerned, I liked the show a lot in the beginning, I hate it now and it looks always more like a trainwreck to me and I suppose the more people will come to this show without the novel, the more downvotes this show will get on the long run after the end of the season.

Furthermore, I don't like that but many people downvote any show that is not finished with nothing explained, so I suppose season two will get better scores than the first, the haters like me probably won't watch and downvote S2 (even though I like the re:zero world a lot and many side-characters). The good thing with the hate: I was concerned by all the spoilers everywhere in the MAL forum, now I don't bother, I even began to look for them.

"Funny story" : I loved Erased a lot because of the atmosphere in the first half, this "something bad's coming but we don't know from where", it's exactly the same feeling I found in Re:zero and why I liked this show in the beginning ... but while my enjoyment lasted until the end in erased (MC wasn't that stupid, was he?), with re:zero it is already over.
Aug 7, 2016 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
I must admit that I was really salty by the end of episode 18, but that doesn't mean it was a bad episode. on the contrary it was absolutely great as always xD
Any airing anime can turn into garbage, but Re:Zero won't cause I've heard people praising the next arcs of the source material, and everyone can see the amount of effort that the studio is putting into it, so yeah, pretty much out of the question xD
It doesn't mean that everyone will stick to it, but just because 1 guy in every 1000 decides that Re:Zero is garbage, it doesn't really mean anything, we just have to accept it as an opinion
Aug 7, 2016 6:40 PM

Apr 2015
I love how hard the 'critics' are trying to prove this anime is shit by finding even the smallest of inconveniences they find and become fixated on it. What's more is that they're clearly trying to fish out people so hard. Don't get me wrong, there are some real one's out there but I'm sure at this point, we can tell who're the 'wannabe attention' ones.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 7:11 PM

Nov 2013
I seriously doubt anyone is going to care about this anime a week after it's done.
Aug 7, 2016 7:16 PM

Jul 2015
kI4synVCfn7PMH4w said:
I seriously doubt anyone is going to care about this anime a week after it's done.
If it ends where we all think it's gonna end, it's gonna be rembered because of lot salty reasons and yelling out to the anime gods for more seasons
Sup...
Aug 7, 2016 7:29 PM

Nov 2013
CG-Silver said:
I love how hard the 'critics' are trying to prove this anime is shit by finding even the smallest of inconveniences they find and become fixated on it. What's more is that they're clearly trying to fish out people so hard. Don't get me wrong, there are some real one's out there but I'm sure at this point, we can tell who're the 'wannabe attention' ones.

I so agree, there's even people who supposedly hate it, but they keep watching it just so they can arm themselves with empty arguments going into every episode claiming how the anime is so shit, as a LN reader this really irks me to no end, knowing how much effort they've put into this anime and how faithful they're trying to be to the source material, this anime is an event, very few are of this quality, the narrative is great, the characters have an individuality that you rarely see in animes of this genre, honestly, the people hating on this anime haven't even given a solid argument as to what exactly makes this anime so shit.
Aug 7, 2016 11:52 PM

Aug 2013
So far there isn't any divorce because of a chocolate bar so it is still fine.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Aug 7, 2016 11:56 PM

Sep 2014
I'd be shocked if the series (Light novel) ends poorly.
Aug 8, 2016 12:42 AM

Apr 2014
Probably not but the salt levels will be off the charts soon.
Sep 18, 2016 10:52 AM
Aug 2016
looool
it actually ended even worse than expected xD
Sep 18, 2016 10:56 AM

Aug 2008
The last arc of the season wasn't filler-ish and didn't transform the canon material to whatever it turned out after 2nd half of episode 8 in ERASED, so nah.

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Sep 18, 2016 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
the novel isn't over yet, so there might a second season so I guess that you can't just say the whole anime is bad just because of the first season finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 6:36 PM

Apr 2016
Well, the ending wasn't bad, but it was really disapointing..just imagine the amount of salt if they include that scene in the end..XD
Sep 19, 2016 8:06 PM

May 2016
BlueAvatar said:
Well, the ending wasn't bad, but it was really disapointing..just imagine the amount of salt if they include that scene in the end..XD
Well they know better.

TeamDalaiLanaSep 19, 2016 8:19 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 20, 2016 5:30 AM
Aug 2015
Re:Zero is blander than Erased, which is why more people with low standards love it, and thus will not get forgotten as quickly.

The series can redeem itself with a season 2, with better characterization (doubt that is even possible), better story arcs, better direction (especially of the "suffering" scenes), actual world building, smart dialogue, and less yelling.
Sep 20, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 2016
Revert67 said:
Unlike Erased Re:Zero doesn't suffer from bland characters

Certain characters are certainly lacking in development. Other characters are developed, but nothing about their development is expounded upon.

plotholes

Fair enough, however there are several instances where the plot does shoot itself in the foot.

Case in point: Subaru using his cell phone to know when the white whale appears.

and powers as the plot demands.

>ignoring the fact that Subaru can attain strength far superior to that of any person with a similar build
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Sep 20, 2016 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
@Psyotic

Subaru still had a good notion of the time - the cell phone just served to give him the exact time.
Do you've other examples, btw?
Sep 20, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2016
Rehls said:
@Psyotic

Subaru still had a good notion of the time - the cell phone just served to give him the exact time.
Do you've other examples, btw?

Off the top of my head, there is a part from the first arc.

When Subaru and Emilia first arrive at the bar, Rom and Felt are both dead and Elsa quickly kills him. However, why were Felt and Rom killed? I get Elsa is an assassin, but she was just sent there for a simple trade (another issue is why was an assassin sent for a simple trade?). And why did Elsa stick around for so long after she had killed them (I assume she dispatched them quickly as she arrived earlier in the day in later timelines, she's a proficient fighter, and neither Subaru nor Emilia heard any fighting).
Sep 20, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
@Psyotic

Well in that episode Felt was not shown dead, so I suppose that Elsa might've been doing to her what she did to Subaru - which would've taken a while (those effects that appeared when Subaru died were for the passage of time - it actually took him quite some time to die... as Elsa wounded him in non-vital areas). She's a sadist, as we know.

Now why did she kill them? Perhaps it was really up to her to decide whether or not. The money might've been for in case she couldn't/didn't want to kill them; so she'd have to pay them. And the person that hired her for the job might actually be related to her - it might've been then a favor (it was quite important, so yeah - someone like her was given the job). (Btw, I heard that she won't appear until arc 6.)
removed-userSep 20, 2016 10:47 AM
Sep 20, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2016
Rehls said:
@Psyotic

Well in that episode Felt was not shown dead, so I suppose that Elsa might've been doing to her what she did to Subaru - which would've taken a while (those effects that appeared when Subaru died were for the passage of time - it actually took him quite some time to die... as Elsa wounded him in non-vital areas). She's a sadist, as we know.

What effects? And the stomach is a non-vital area? With a wound of that size? It seemed to kill Emilia pretty quickly.

Now why did she kill them? Perhaps it was really up to her to decide whether or not. The money might've been for in case she couldn't/didn't want to kill them; so she'd have to pay them. And the person that hired her for the job might actually be related to her - it might've been then a favor (it was quite important, so yeah - someone like her was given the job). (Btw, I heard that she won't appear until arc 6.)

So, in one timeline she decides to kill them on a whim, despite completing her mission, but in another she would have otherwise walked away and fail her mission rather than killing anyone?
Sep 20, 2016 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
@Psyotic

The effects when Subaru's on the ground, agonizing in pain; when he held Emilia's hand, and when Elsa was talking to him - in the latter, the conversation was accelerated, too. ... And I was sure that I saw Emilia bringing her hand close to Subaru's... But I rewatched and didn't see it; but still, she was of back to him - it's possible then that she was alive, but agonizing too much to move.
And Elsa's called The Bowel Hunter - we're not specialists, but we can presume that it takes some time to die from having intestines cut.

No, she'd have not walked away - she just gave them that impression, so they'd lower their guard for her to attack them by surprise (she multiple times attacked by surprise).
removed-userSep 20, 2016 11:21 AM
Sep 20, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2016
Rehls said:
@Psyotic

The effects when Subaru's on the ground, agonizing in pain; when he held Emilia's hand, and when Elsa was talking to him - in the latter, the conversation was accelerated, too. ... And I was sure that I saw Emilia bringing her hand close to Subaru's... But I rewatched and didn't see it; but still, she was of back to him - it's possible then that she was alive, but agonizing too much to move.
And Elsa's called The Bowel Hunter - we're not specialists, but we can presume that it takes some time to die from having intestines cut.

Was there any indication at all that time was spead up? If not, then this is purely baseless speculation.

And even then, a person with that type of wound would die with in minutes, and pass out fairly quickly as well. Not several hour however.

No, she'd have not walked away - she just gave them that impression, so they'd lower their guard for her to attack them by surprise (she multiple times attacked by surprise).

If that were true, she still would have walked away when Subaru told her that she wanted to return the trinket to Emilia. Instead, she attacked him outright. If she were already planning a surprise attack, she would not have done this.
Sep 20, 2016 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
@Psyotic

The effects and the voices in 1B, 22:20, didn't give you such impression? Oh well, then... But to me they gave the impression that much was said in a short period of time... Elsa repeats "Slowly, slowly, slowly..." while Subaru "I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!".

What makes you think that she'd have given up on it, really? She has more reasons not to. ... I'm confused.
Sep 20, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2016
Rehls said:
@Psyotic

The effects and the voices in 1B, 22:20, didn't give you such impression? Oh well, then... But to me they gave the impression that much was said in a short period of time... Elsa repeats "Slowly, slowly, slowly..." while Subaru "I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!".

Fair enough. Again, I'd be willing to buy that it would take a few minutes, but not the hour or two it would demand for Elsa to remain at the bar when Subaru and Emilia first arive.

What makes you think that she'd have given up on it, really? She has more reasons not to. ... I'm confused.

She obviously wasn't afraid of attacking outright, as displayed when she attacked Subaru during the second timeline. If she really was planning a sneak attack, she would have just left and then finished Subaru off.
Sep 20, 2016 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
@Psyotic

Yeah, dude. But what I mean is that she can still, while there with them, give them the impression that she'd leave, just so they then lower their guards- making it easier for her to successfully attack them by surprise. The impression she gave of being satisfied with how the negotiation went was false--for this purpose.
Sep 20, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2016
Rehls said:
@Psyotic

Yeah, dude. But what I mean is that she can still, while there with them, give them the impression that she'd leave, just so they then lower their guards- making it easier for her to successfully attack them by surprise. The impression she gave of being satisfied with how the negotiation went was false--for this purpose.

If that were the case, why did she attack Subaru outright instead of using her surprise attack?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
Today, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.