Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 17, 2018 10:39 AM

May 2016
I first saw this manga back when only 6 chapters were out and now it's almost a hundred when I first came across the first two volumes two months ago. The children's lives at the orphanage was initially quite ideal and fun save for the really intimidating daily tests and numbers on their necks.

I was expecting that it would get very dark soon from what I've heard about the manga but I never expected it being shown full out right off in the first chapter. I was as shocked as Emma and Norman seeing those horrifying demons carry Conny's dead body to ship as food. The perfect maternal image Mom had for them all those years just crumbled on the spot. I just hope that she won't find out who exactly left that bunny...

Just the sight of those monstrosities and the idea of edible children farms makes me think that the outside wouldn't be any better than the inside frankly speaking.

Aug 29, 2018 7:48 PM

Apr 2018
I was expecting them to be training to be super soldiers or something, but holy hell that was dark...
Do you remember… the flower we saw that day?
Sep 13, 2018 12:45 AM

Jul 2017
Oh man, I can't believe Conny is fucking dead...
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me knuckles, unlike sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles
I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent
It's my first breath, first test
Feel the right then the worst's left
Sep 14, 2018 6:32 PM
Mar 2015
Jesus!
I haven't been this horrified since 7 Seeds.
Sep 21, 2018 7:27 AM

Feb 2018
THis was a pretty great first chapter but I think it would have been scarier if the ones taking away the child had been humans instead of monsters.
Sep 22, 2018 9:51 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I waited a good long while to tackle this but since it's nearing it's end I want to catch up.

And yep as morbid and peculiarly intriguing as I heard. The art looks great and love the style, I'm always fascinated by two person collaboration for manga. It gives it a good stamp of quality a lot of the time. I'm sure I'll reread this I bet but good start.
Nov 29, 2018 10:13 AM

May 2008
crocodileman94 said:
Jesus!
Oh! Finally someone who mentions 7Seeds. This reminded me so much of THAT arc. I already like this. :D
Dec 31, 2018 2:11 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
There is alot of hype surrounding this manga... gotta say, not impressived be the supposed first shocking episode, BUT it has gathered my interest, AND I m writting this after reading the first 5 chapters, and I m really enjoying the current build ups, so it should be quite fun.
Jan 17, 2019 11:35 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great turn in the plot with the Conny death!!! kekeke
Humans/kids farm how food! But here the interrogation is not this small kids world, is the big world, in this place is a small ubication in the Earth on another planet, and if it´s the Earth what happened? more questions, more questions!!!!
Mar 13, 2019 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
Holy SHIT! I knew this series was going to be dark but this is...DAMN. In all seriousness, I'm already really liking this series. The plot is very interesting. It raises good questions:

-What state is the outside world in?
-How will the kids escape?
-How, if they even can, will they fight the demons?

sayami said:
crocodileman94 said:
Jesus!
Oh! Finally someone who mentions 7Seeds. This reminded me so much of THAT arc. I already like this. :D

Eh, I think I'd agree with you guys, but I think I've become numb from dark series, that this hasn't shocked me too much. Still, this manga is VERY interesting.

xShinigami3125 said:
THis was a pretty great first chapter but I think it would have been scarier if the ones taking away the child had been humans instead of monsters.

Ikr? I think it would've been a lot more horrifying if it turned out that it was humans eating the children, instead of monsters: cannibalism is definitely more terrifying.
Apr 7, 2019 2:47 PM

Jun 2017
I did not expect that twist! I knew something was up in the beginning, but not something that big. I was going to watch the anime, but I wanted to read a little of the manga first.
Sep 1, 2022 9:21 AM
Oct 2021
fajne nawet świetnie się czyta
Aug 27, 2023 5:36 AM
Jul 2017
masterpiece of a 1st chapter
the running away, i will eat you, monsters, and everything was in plain site for those who paid attention

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

40 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 5, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.