Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2016 5:05 AM
May 2016
The story feels like they're breezing through it... and I seriously dislike the pacing. What happened to the old D. Gray Man?
Jul 25, 2016 5:39 AM

Dec 2015
Well since they're just doing 1 cour, they're rushing.

The anime is probably for the manga-sake. They do the anime, and all the promo to get DGM on people's minds again, along with new fans, and drive them toward the manga, since Hoshino is finally off hiatus.

Though I have heard that most new anime adaptations have been this way. From 1 extreme to the other. They are either ruined with dragged out filler. Or, they're rushed to hell. This is what I am hearing. I think someone mentioned Berserk being an example. With DGM, imo, the previous anime had too much filler. And Hallow is rushed.

I am just sticking to the manga. I didn't watch all of the old anime, an wasn't planning on it. Though I am curious to hear the dub when it comes out.
Jul 25, 2016 6:12 AM
Jul 2016
Wrefs said:
The story feels like they're breezing through it... and I seriously dislike the pacing. What happened to the old D. Gray Man?

The old was filled with unnecessary fillers, the new skips here and there to get space for the main point.
Even though I think they're gonna skip a lot in episode 4 too.
Jul 25, 2016 6:12 AM

Nov 2014
i've watched all of the old dgm...repeatedly...an insane amount of time actually and to be honest i like this pacing. i'm actually quite glad they didn't include unnecessary things into the story, it makes it simpler and easier to get into if you're just starting dgm.
Jul 25, 2016 6:58 AM

Dec 2014
There are a couple of panels skipped in the anime (for Hallow), and though there are some dialogues I wish to have been added, I for one don't mind the pacing since the relevant scenes are there. XD
Jul 25, 2016 8:05 AM
Jun 2014
Wrefs said:

It depends on preferences. I didn't really like the pacing of the first season. The recap were too long and alot of repeated animations to dragg on the battle(just like DBZ). I like this pacing. It's straight to the point. All the important stuffs are mentioned. Only relevant/important stuffs gets a decent amount of scr.time, while the irrelevant stuffs gets skipped sometimes(for example, glorifying Kanda being handsome, while we all know people in D-Gray Man thinks Kanda is a handsome guy).

Is this better than old D-Gray Man overall?? I don't know. The pacing is definitely better, but I prefer the old animation, color palette(but this one is because they want to stick with the recent color palette of the manga(alot of bright colors)) for example.

In the end, I rate this anime currently a 7 out of 10 while the old 1 got a 6(mainly because of the pacing and the unnecesairy fillers). They shouldn't slow nor increase the pacing, I honestly prefer this pacing at the moment.
Jul 25, 2016 12:12 PM

Sep 2011
Some of the panels are skipped and there is some changes, but in all honesty, I like it better this way (At least for the past arc).
Jul 25, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2015
I think the pace is good, not slow nor rushed
Jul 25, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
I feel this is way too rushed and it's greatly disappointing me so far. I rather prefer something fleshed out than having something with only "the important parts". I feel like there's no point if the whole thing just breeze through the story like this.
I really didn't mind the "fillers" in the 1st season and I actually liked them. At least those fillers make more sense than Naruto's fillers.
Jul 25, 2016 1:03 PM

Dec 2015
A bit honestly but for 1 cour it's pretty understandable. I feel like this came out solely to give a quick boost to the manga, still enjoying it.
Jul 25, 2016 10:47 PM
Jun 2013
I think this season is too rushed. Some of the fight scenes felt too "fast" that when it ended Im like "What? Its already over??" (Timothy fight cough cough)

And also too much dialogue has been cut out leaving just the bare bones of the story for the audience to grasp onto. If the plot pace would slow down to around the pace they used for the Edo arc in the old series(which was perfect btw) , I think that many of the viewers would enjoy the series alot more.

My only wish is for the producers not to screw up the Alma arc. The alma arc is dialogue heavy so giving it the same bare bones treatment like what they are doing now is a no-no
AllenWalker876Jul 25, 2016 10:55 PM
Don't give up. There is no shame in falling down! True shame is to not stand up again!

~Midorima Shintaro, Kuroko no Basket
Jul 25, 2016 11:49 PM
Apr 2014
Yeh its definitely rushed the third exorcist arc is already over in 1 episode
Jul 26, 2016 11:12 AM
Jun 2014
ChocoholicXOXO said:
I think this season is too rushed. Some of the fight scenes felt too "fast" that when it ended Im like "What? Its already over??" (Timothy fight cough cough)

And also too much dialogue has been cut out leaving just the bare bones of the story for the audience to grasp onto. If the plot pace would slow down to around the pace they used for the Edo arc in the old series(which was perfect btw) , I think that many of the viewers would enjoy the series alot more.

My only wish is for the producers not to screw up the Alma arc. The alma arc is dialogue heavy so giving it the same bare bones treatment like what they are doing now is a no-no

Naah, the edo arc was terrible paced. It had a great moment, but the pacing was terrible. For example, we saw Lenallee fighting the lvl 3 Akuma in one episode. The next episode used the same scenes of Lenallee fighting the lvl 3 Akuma. The only difference is some scenes of Lenallee vs Eshi weren't shown but replaced with what happend on the ship. So one whole episode was wasted, because the episode after was almost identicall with extra scenes of events on the ship.

"Too much dialogue being cut" is something I disagree with. Tell me, what dialogue did we need to know during the Timothy Arc?? Did u honestly think those dialogue makes none manga readers care???

For as far as I can tell. The mayority who thinks the story is rushed is because they are manga readers. The mayority of u guys won't complain most likely if u haven't read the manga at all.
Jul 26, 2016 11:42 AM
Jun 2014
franky3121 said:
Yeh its definitely rushed the third exorcist arc is already over in 1 episode

Because it was also short in the manga. For as far as I know, the only thing which may have been relevant for comedic purposes was when Bookman(Panda) took the hair tie of Kanda(Demon) and challenged him to a battle(we only saw them challenging each other in the 4th episode).

But I do agree though. The episode itself was rushed. THe transisition is bad between the Noah's and sudden attack on the exorcist during their mission(I thought this was the manga's fault, since the transition was similiar). So I assumed they would've changing it a bit to make the transition better, which they didn't.
TKMikeJul 26, 2016 11:49 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

131 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

64 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

359 by iamnameers »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.