Forum Settings
Forums

The 2010 of Anime is the year of decline and shots in the arm.

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 13, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2016
MasterHavik said:
Omni_slash95 said:
Well most anime are definitely shit (most of everything is garbage) and moe/ecchi/loli etc. cancer is indeed spreading.

Still we got Steins Gate, Fate/Zero, Shinsekai Yori, Death Parade & a few other good one's so I don't think all hope is lost.
yeah shows like that make me stay faithful. And pretty much whatever studio trigger does.

Thievery said:
Anime has been geting worse, but who I'm gonna convince, really. Everyone believes they are right.

There's nothing substantial we can do as westerners, OP. Become a nihilist, it has helped me to deal with the shit taste of the respective fraction of anime watchers, particularly those in japan, and enjoy the worthwhile shows.
Well here's the thing I don't think I am right. I just got an opinion. I just feel if you say this around the time period of a REALLY REALLY good show people will tell you shut up and shove this into your face and say," Anime is fine! See?!"

But I'm like," dude it is not a good thing to wait three months for a really good show." I found the winter season to be very boring and not interesting and filled to brim of just bad to mediocre shows.

Yep me too, I do share your sentiment though, most anime is really shitty. My biggest hope rests on 91 Days this season, looks fresh & unique.

I would also second @Tax suggestion to read manga. There are some really outstanding manga that would never get a good anime adaptation (See Berserk or the less known Vinland Saga or Vagabond)
Jul 13, 2016 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
Maz said:
If you want to know what the problem is, then you first need to answer the question of "Do you think anime is getting worse, or is there simply a trend in anime currently that you personally don't like?"

Because something lacking in quality and you disliking something are two completely different things. If you don't like "high school anime with shounen elements" that doesn't make them bad, that just means they aren't to your taste.

Next, ask yourself if the actual amount of anime you like is decreasing. Just as @-Stabbed- said, there are more anime coming out each season so it might look like everything is bad, but you could easily end up liking the same amount of anime. 30 could come out and you like 5; 50 could come out and you like 5. In this case, the quality isn't necessarily declining. It's just that there's a larger amount of average anime. Discounting the %, you're still enjoying the same amount though.

Furthermore, are you happy with watching average anime? If you only want to watch stuf that blows you away and leave an impact, then that's you having ridiculously high standards that can't realistically be met. Average will, as the term suggests, always be the most prolific quality. Simply switching from "anime that blows me away" to "anime I thought were alright" immediately opens up a vast amount of shows that suddenly you can enjoy.

If all else fails, switch to manga. Anime is naturally more restricted due to monetary concerns, but manga has far more freedom. If a particular season or year has a certain trend of premises that you don't like, start picking up new manga stories instead. The trends will be less noticeable in manga. Not to mention you'll be getting the full, unadulterated version rather than a half-baked or unfinished adaptation.
this was so fucking deep man.....

I'll fully consider this. I never thought about any of this even with manga. The only manga I have seriously read was HOTD, AOT, and one chapter of One Outs.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 13, 2016 4:51 PM
Aug 2015
What ya talking about I'm getting more of what I want (fujoshit) which means lifu is gon b gr8 again
I still can't judge bro, haven't seen enough anime yet.
Jul 13, 2016 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
black1blade said:
keragamming said:

*facepalm* The most obvious sarcasm ever! and you didn't even notice? smh Probably saw AoT and automatically got triggered by it.

It's confusing 'cus KLK is good...maybe that's what trigger(ayy)ed me.

Well, yes to you it is, but to him that may not be the case, you do know KLK isn't universal liked, the mal score says it all.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but it seems you needed a slap back into reality, we all have different opinion that is what makes us unique.
keragammingJul 13, 2016 5:16 PM
Jul 13, 2016 5:43 PM

Jul 2016
Because there was no bad anime in the 90s and 2000s, right? This thread is stupid.

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 13, 2016 5:58 PM

Apr 2016
I mean, every season has a couple anime that shine brighter than all of the others. I say focus on the diamonds of every season and you won't be disappointed. Overindulgence is unhealthy. :P
Jul 13, 2016 6:19 PM

Oct 2010
You seem to have a good amount of experience watching anime so my advice will probably be of no use, but... be picky. At this point you probably know your tastes well enough, meet people who are alike and see what kinds of shows they are into. Basically filter your viewings and sources of recommendation. And don't worry about trends, just watch the show you want at the moment you prefer, no matter if it's this season's hit or the first Gundam. Statistic evidence over which era of anime is better should be the least of your concerns. Every show is an entirely new experience that can go right or wrong.
Jul 13, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
Don't worry OP, it only gets worse from here. ;)
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 14, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2011
jal90 said:
You seem to have a good amount of experience watching anime so my advice will probably be of no use, but... be picky. At this point you probably know your tastes well enough, meet people who are alike and see what kinds of shows they are into. Basically filter your viewings and sources of recommendation. And don't worry about trends, just watch the show you want at the moment you prefer, no matter if it's this season's hit or the first Gundam. Statistic evidence over which era of anime is better should be the least of your concerns. Every show is an entirely new experience that can go right or wrong.
You may be right and yeah I have. I love Azumanga Daioh so much. If I recall that is the Osaka girl, right?

Cabron said:
Don't worry OP, it only gets worse from here. ;)
Well I had to endure three months of nothing to get Kiznavier, Phoenix Wright, and Space Portal. I hope anime doesn't decide to take off since the fall last year was really good actually it just seems winter and anime don't mix with me well.
Jul 14, 2016 2:42 AM

Oct 2010
MasterHavik said:
jal90 said:
You may be right and yeah I have. I love Azumanga Daioh so much. If I recall that is the Osaka girl, right?

Yep, that's Osaka in her «got an idea» pose xD
Jul 14, 2016 5:16 AM

Aug 2014
really ? lol.. i wanna say somthing.....but most people here.. already spoken FOR me.. the words

first finish updating your animelist...
cuz there are tons of good anime wourth watching.. that u prob HAVE'NT watched

Jul 14, 2016 5:21 AM

Jan 2011
TheDiabolicEsper said:
really ? lol.. i wanna say somthing.....but most people here.. already spoken FOR me.. the words

I have seen majority of the most talk about shows. I only ended up hating one of them.

I wouldn't say tons but moreso shows that are mediocre to good being bum up to amazing due to how much of a seasonal rot we suffer. I notice how this community gets when we got a true hit(One Punch) or Kill la kill people will start to say," Man we got so many good shows."
Jul 14, 2016 5:21 AM

Aug 2014
MasterHavik said:
TheDiabolicEsper said:

I have seen majority of the most talk about shows. I only ended up hating one of them.

I wouldn't say tons but moreso shows that are mediocre to good being bum up to amazing due to how much of a seasonal rot we suffer. I notice how this community gets when we got a true hit(One Punch) or Kill la kill people will start to say," Man we got so many good shows."

cool ....so your another mainstreamer...

SENPAI NOTICED ME ?

most of em people who are saying ''OPM IS AWESOME ''kill la kill IS AWESOME''

are avrage anime watchers.. who just got into anime... and screaming it everywhere
TheDiabolicEsperJul 14, 2016 5:25 AM

Jul 14, 2016 5:23 AM
Mar 2011
TheDiabolicEsper said:
MasterHavik said:

SENPAI NOTICED ME ?

lol people have no idea what meian stream is
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 14, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2011
TheDiabolicEsper said:
MasterHavik said:

SENPAI NOTICED ME ?

are avrage anime watchers.. who just got into anime... and screaming it everywhere
If I was mainstreamer.....Show by Rock and I wanna be the strongest in the world wouldn't be on my list as shows I like.:) Same with Maria the Virgin Witch.
Jul 14, 2016 5:27 AM

Aug 2014
MasterHavik said:
TheDiabolicEsper said:

SENPAI NOTICED ME ?

If I was mainstreamer.....Show by Rock and I wanna be the strongest in the world wouldn't be on my list as shows I like.:) Same with Maria the Virgin Witch.

am sorry but i cant take your list seriously.. when theres only 15.. on it.. while u talk like u seen everyanime available

in the end.. talking here about the anime industry... aint gonna change anything

DateYutaka said:
TheDiabolicEsper said:

SENPAI NOTICED ME ?

even i dont know what ''meian'' stream is :D? mind telling me?

Mod edit: Combined double posts
ArdanazJul 14, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 14, 2016 5:35 AM

Jan 2011
TheDiabolicEsper said:
MasterHavik said:

am sorry but i cant take your list seriously.. when theres only 15.. on it.. while u talk like u seen everyanime available
If you have checked you would have notice my account was created in jan 2011. It shouldn't be hard to figure out that I didn't start using this account until now dude. I am just adding a bunch of shows I know I have seen and finished.

Also if I was a "mainstreamer". How would I know about Azumanga diaoh? Dude I know my anime just because my list doesn't have 100 shows.(don't worry it will get there). Doesn't mean I have not watched a lot of anime.
Jul 14, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2014
MasterHavik said:
TheDiabolicEsper said:

If you have checked you would have notice my account was created in jan 2011. It shouldn't be hard to figure out that I didn't start using this account until now dude. I am just adding a bunch of shows I know I have seen and finished.

Also if I was a "mainstreamer". How would I know about Azumanga diaoh? Dude I know my anime just because my list doesn't have 100 shows.(don't worry it will get there). Doesn't mean I have not watched a lot of anime.

i know.. that is WHY i said i CANT.. take YOUR ''alt'' accounts list seriously

cuz u obviously seem like u seen more anime

Jul 14, 2016 5:38 AM

Jan 2011
TheDiabolicEsper said:
MasterHavik said:

I got only one account dude. Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Jul 14, 2016 5:43 AM

Aug 2014
MasterHavik said:
TheDiabolicEsper said:

.. all am asking.. is.. for you to fill your list dude.

so what... u did'nt use this ''2011 account.. untill 2016.. then one day.. decided u wanted to rant.. remembered your old account... and came here and made this thread?

Jul 14, 2016 5:45 AM
Mar 2011
TheDiabolicEsper said:
MasterHavik said:

in the end.. talking here about the anime industry... aint gonna change anything

DateYutaka said:

most of the anime you call mainstream is not simple put
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 14, 2016 5:48 AM

Aug 2014
DateYutaka said:
TheDiabolicEsper said:

most of the anime you call mainstream is not simple put

. i did'nt even CALL OUT... any mainstream animes.. so how do u know ..what anime ? i call mainstream ?LOL
and that comment was a joke.. as he made a typo on ''''meian''' stream'' -_-

got ninja'ed by that mod D: damm.Sneeky! mod

Jul 14, 2016 5:52 AM

Aug 2014
this thread is a nightmare.

I'm not really sure what to say to you, OP, other than that you should really try broadening your tastes.
Jul 14, 2016 5:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
you're a straight up troll, i knew right when i saw the title you'd be one of those ppl with less than 100 completions, and low and behold is only 10....

its too funny to laugh at...

no.... anime is the same as it was back then.... stop whining... the reason you're seeing many similar shows nowdays is because most things have been done and when you're going to mass produce something, that is unavoidable...

anyway... this thread has been made 62534646262462626246246626 times and its always by ppl with super low completion numbers, go troll somewhere else

i know i sound like an ass or w/e and im not going to tell you im not being one..... but theres no way i can take this shit seriously lol
Jul 14, 2016 6:03 AM

Jan 2016
Half of my favorites are from the 2010 - 2014.

This thread looks like a grumpy old man claiming how it was much better before. in Italy we say: "qui una volta era tutta campagna", one time it was all countryside.
Jul 14, 2016 6:08 AM
Mar 2011
Johnnyd3rp said:

This thread looks like a grumpy old man claiming how it was much better before. in Italy we say: "qui una volta era tutta campagna", one time it was all countryside.

there as been one semi mainstrem hit made since 2010 anime is less and less mainstream in it home market

Jul 14, 2016 6:13 AM

Jan 2011
"This thread is bad"..."I'm not a troll"....you guys need to chill. I have gotten great responses to my concerns and if you read this thread you would have seen me agreeing with a lot of what people said guys. Maz I think his name was. Pretty much gave me some great advice.

Listen everyone here calling me a troll should just leave since it only seems you wanna be defensive and just argue with me and see me as some dumb troll who doesn't know animu.....when I just finished another new series.

I even gave a reason why this account was so dead until now. Thank Digibro for making me have an interest in this site.

DateYutaka said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

there as been one semi mainstrem hit made since 2010 anime is less and less mainstream in it home market
shhh don't tell them that. I don't think 2010 has but not really good.

btw...grumpy old man? I'm 23...I'm pretty young still.
Jul 14, 2016 6:22 AM
Sep 2013
I'll just post this here and fly away like the captain I am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iJhFroA-eo
Jul 14, 2016 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
The way I see it is every season release I find there to be 1 really good show. We all have that 1 really good show that is special to us each season (whether it be the same or different for each person). If you can't find 1 really good show suited towards yourself then you are probably overly picky.

Then we have a decent amount of "normal" anime (includes non-generic harem releases, SoL, shonen, psychological, and other genre). These are the ones from each genre that can be considered decent shows, nothing amazing, but generally good. I tend to like a lot of these shows, but there are always a few that just don't jive with me.

Then we have all the generic crap (lots of these are usually generic fantasy and harem) which some people will watch and enjoy these anyways. These ones are not for me unless I just want to turn my brain off and watch something. I tend to watch more generic fantasy ones just to explore their worldbuilding and setting. Sometimes I will watch a generic harem each season to see if I miss anything. For both the fantasy and harem I usually don't miss anything special, its usually just like every other release the previous seasons. However, some shows from this category have proven me wrong from time to time.

So it is kind of hard to find anime you don't like any season. I don't believe it when people say there is not a single anime that piques their interest during 1 season or they don't watch a new anime during a new season. It just seems like they are people trying to try-hard and brag that anime is dying yada yada yada, blah, blah, blah. Let me know what you guys think.
Jul 14, 2016 7:00 AM
Mar 2011
YayaChibi said:
MasterHavik said:

Show By Rock is mainstream.
The game, anime, and manga.

its not that is fact

sales of manga
tv ratings of the anime
sales of the game show different

its not gundam precure or even yokai watch big

Jul 14, 2016 7:57 AM
Mar 2011
YayaChibi said:
DateYutaka said:

its not that is fact

sales of manga
tv ratings of the anime
sales of the game show different

its not gundam precure or even yokai watch big

It isn't that big, but the sales were pretty high.

is it in the top 100 or 500 altime manga sales yet nope

Jul 14, 2016 9:33 AM

Feb 2010
Lmao the butthurt responses in this thread are hilarious. People are really unable to not make retarded generalizations. As soon as you have anything to say about recent anime that isn't just the purest of praises people will put you into one category and pretend everyone single person who ever had an issue with recent anime is literally the same person, with the same reasons and same agenda. Who cares about individually reading what someone has to say and then replying to them personally, when you can throw out quick oneliners like:

Go back to watching cartoons if you don't like anime...
Why do people force themselves to watch? If you don't like anime, you're free to leave.
Instead of ranting about which decade was better, just deal with it.

*yaaawn*

People like you ... get over it lol. Y'all been sayin' anime been shit since 20xx and something smh. Let alone 2010, even this season people be sayin' 'this season's animes suck' but probs the same guys that said 'next season anime line-ups will be great or at least better than this season' last season lolz.

You can't talk about anime with those people since they don't hear what you say, they hear what they think you think while you're saying something. You can probably fanboy with them about certain shows, but not talk about the medium as a whole, which is a shame.

Personally I lack the experience with western cartoons of the 2010s (aside from Bojack Horseman & Rick and Morty) so I can't really comment on whether I agree or disagree with those trends OP points out. What I can say is that a lot of the shows OP mentioned as being a light at the end of the tunnel for anime, are actually just fairly generic, modern anime that didn't really stand out to me as being particularly innovative or interesting. So I don't think the problem is that modern anime heads in a direction you don't get along with since you do seem to appreciate the most mainstream ones that come your way.

Either your general taste just happens to prefer a lot of these cartoons, some of which I (and probably others as well) find decidedly worse than most anime you mentioned because we probably have a different taste. Or the other option is you just care less about anime and give it less of a chance than your cartoons, or you're giving the wrong shows a chance.

At the end of the day I don't know why OP would expect anyone aside from himself to know what the answer to his preferences is. Figuring out your taste is hard work, but nobody else can do it for you unfortunately.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 14, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
YayaChibi said:

Thank you for jumping in. You literally fix every thread.

Happy to help xD But thanks for the kind words ^^
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 14, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
YayaChibi said:
MasterHavik said:

This is most likely a troll now. You literally had this account for YEARS and didn't use it until you thought that you should rant about something and decided to do it here?
Okay. Still not triggered. Throw more shit at me guys.
I came here because I was bored and hoping to get triggered so it can give me something to do.
I wasn't trying to trigger nobody...once again why are you and others looking for a fight?

YayaChibi said:
Lisbon said:
Yeah, anime was only good before 2008 or 2010 or x year within the past 10 years

This is such a new and refreshing thread

Nowadays it's all just cute girls doing cute things, what happened to my super intellectual and gripping narratives with cool manly dialogue that was never over-the-top and cheesy and ridiculously easy to make fun of, nowadays people look down on anime because of these weebs, it was never like this before

It's all just otaku bait, smh, I wish people would be as smart as me and you and realize that
smh

But the OP only has cute girls doing cute things and sexy girls doing sexy things on his list.
Uh......let's take a look at my list currently shall we?

Hajme no ippo Rising...not cute girls doing cute things.

Kiznavier...not cute girls doing cute things.
Maria the virgin witch...not cute doing cute things. Just because I have haruhi, show by rock, and lucky star there doesn't mean that is all I like.

Also you are really ruining this thread with your quad posting dude. You need to chill out and like I told the other guy Digibro made me want to use this account and I wanted to start getting organize as I have a lot of shows that I like. I really don't get why you are so rude.

@Maz you have been awesome dude.

YayaChibi said:
I think you should just watch more anime. 16 entries isn't convincing. And the 2010 cartoons are good in your opinion? Cartoons turned downhill in 2010, and not just cartoons for younger audiences, but for adult swim to(And most people think so to). Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, and Gravity Falls I feel are the only 2010 generation cartoons that have value of some sort. My Little Pony, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gumball, Uncle Grandpa, Teen Titans Go, Loud House, Harvey Beaks, hell even Star vs the forces of evil are terribly done cartoons were some had a chance in the beginning and blew it.
At least in anime it has a story, even if it is terribly delivered.
All I can tell you is to watch more anime, and please, no dub. I feel dub makes a lot if animes loose value.
From what I see on your anime list, you stick to one kind of anime almost. Try expanding, and even if the summary doesn't interest you, watch it anyway. The kind of anime you have on your list is either adult or moe themed.
Cartoons don't tend to have any of those aspects, especially the ones you listed. The closest cartoons you can get to an anime is Rick and Morty and Over The Garden Wall, which you haven't listed.
All I can say is just watch more anime because for once in my life I will say this:
I think this is shit taste
And I hardly say opinions are shit taste, even if most people can agree it is terrible.
I have seen plenty of anime dude...but can you just please close your mouth you are shouting so much incorrect nonsense. Ricky and morty is the closet thing to anime? Right....Also those two shows slip my mind. I have seen both Over the garden wall and ricky and morty. Also if you have done research everything from animated movies and cartoons they are in a boom period and everyone is making good money. MLP G4 for example has made more money than all the past gens combined. All the major cartoons on CN have merch for them too. People who think the 2010s for cartoons is declining has just seem clips of TTG, UG, and nothing else. They haven't set down to watch the evergoing library of amazing cartoons.

Pullman said:
Lmao the butthurt responses in this thread are hilarious. People are really unable to not make retarded generalizations. As soon as you have anything to say about recent anime that isn't just the purest of praises people will put you into one category and pretend everyone single person who ever had an issue with recent anime is literally the same person, with the same reasons and same agenda. Who cares about individually reading what someone has to say and then replying to them personally, when you can throw out quick oneliners like:

Go back to watching cartoons if you don't like anime...
Why do people force themselves to watch? If you don't like anime, you're free to leave.
Instead of ranting about which decade was better, just deal with it.

*yaaawn*

People like you ... get over it lol. Y'all been sayin' anime been shit since 20xx and something smh. Let alone 2010, even this season people be sayin' 'this season's animes suck' but probs the same guys that said 'next season anime line-ups will be great or at least better than this season' last season lolz.

You can't talk about anime with those people since they don't hear what you say, they hear what they think you think while you're saying something. You can probably fanboy with them about certain shows, but not talk about the medium as a whole, which is a shame.

Personally I lack the experience with western cartoons of the 2010s (aside from Bojack Horseman & Rick and Morty) so I can't really comment on whether I agree or disagree with those trends OP points out. What I can say is that a lot of the shows OP mentioned as being a light at the end of the tunnel for anime, are actually just fairly generic, modern anime that didn't really stand out to me as being particularly innovative or interesting. So I don't think the problem is that modern anime heads in a direction you don't get along with since you do seem to appreciate the most mainstream ones that come your way.

Either your general taste just happens to prefer a lot of these cartoons, some of which I (and probably others as well) find decidedly worse than most anime you mentioned because we probably have a different taste. Or the other option is you just care less about anime and give it less of a chance than your cartoons, or you're giving the wrong shows a chance.

At the end of the day I don't know why OP would expect anyone aside from himself to know what the answer to his preferences is. Figuring out your taste is hard work, but nobody else can do it for you unfortunately.
Thank you for another minded response sir. Yayachbi may be running award with the reward for butthurt responses. Anyway I just wanted to voice my concerns. I don't think my issue is with taste but more picking good shows to invest in. I mention cutting the fat in my OP for example. For example I think I will avoid anything Wit Studio after suffering through Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. On the flip side I pretty will watch anything made by Ginax or Studio Trigger since they are usually on point. So maybe do more research into a show and see who is doing it before jumping in.

Btw guys...I watch both sub and dub....sigh I hate when dub is used as a strawman to think it somehow makes an anime bad when it doesn't. If I like a show enough I'll watch it both sub and dub. (KLK and PSG for example). Also if I still like a show with a hated dub does it really matter?(Prison School and Samurai Camploo.).
MasterHavikJul 14, 2016 12:39 PM
Jul 14, 2016 12:54 PM

Feb 2010
@MasterHavik

Didn't you say you liked Attack on Titan? That's the same Wit Studio as Kabaneri so unless you plan on skipping season 2 of AoT I don't think you can just go ahead and avoid all their shows :P.

In general studios are mostly unreliable when it comes to figuring out quality and if they are it's often not because of the studio but because of specific names (directors, writers, animators, producers) attached to that studio. But not every studio has those names, a lot of them work almost entirely freelance based and any kind of patter people think they're seeing from their shows is mostly not real.

Gainax and Trigger have always been among the more charismatic studios with a set staff to some degree so in terms of giving you reasonable expectations for what kind of shows they will make and liking or disliking their 'style' is definitely relevant when looking for shows to watch, but I don't think Wit Studio is one of those cases as well so don't just judge their shows by the studio, look at the source material (or writers when it's original) and director instead.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 14, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2011
Pullman said:
@MasterHavik

Didn't you say you liked Attack on Titan? That's the same Wit Studio as Kabaneri so unless you plan on skipping season 2 of AoT I don't think you can just go ahead and avoid all their shows :P.

In general studios are mostly unreliable when it comes to figuring out quality and if they are it's often not because of the studio but because of specific names (directors, writers, animators, producers) attached to that studio. But not every studio has those names, a lot of them work almost entirely freelance based and any kind of patter people think they're seeing from their shows is mostly not real.

Gainax and Trigger have always been among the more charismatic studios with a set staff to some degree so in terms of giving you reasonable expectations for what kind of shows they will make and liking or disliking their 'style' is definitely relevant when looking for shows to watch, but I don't think Wit Studio is one of those cases as well so don't just judge their shows by the studio, look at the source material (or writers when it's original) and director instead.
Well AOT came before Kabaneri so it gets a pass, but I may avoid anything not named AOT from them.

But yeah you make a good point once again it's such a dice roll. Btw if you follow me I am updating my list by the minute with stuff I watched.
Jul 14, 2016 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think anime got worse, I think it just got different. There are definitely less interesting shows in certain genres (mecha, psychological, etc.) but in other ones... boy, oh boy!

Slice-of-Life is freaking booming right now.
Jul 14, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2009
I don't know why you seem entitled to watch 'better' shows. Those studios don't give shits about petitions it's all about total revenue and if you're so hell bent just go look for pre-2000 shows. There're many overlooked ones out there that deliver. Complaining doesn't get you anywhere, rather being constructive and pragmatic will do you some good one way or another.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jul 14, 2016 1:32 PM

Jul 2016
Pft...elitist.................
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2016 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
black1blade said:

It's confusing 'cus KLK is good...maybe that's what trigger(ayy)ed me.

Well, yes to you it is, but to him that may not be the case, you do know KLK isn't universal liked, the mal score says it all.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but it seems you needed a slap back into reality, we all have different opinion that is what makes us unique.

Man I'm wasn't being serious m'kay.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 14, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 2011
Just got back from watching the Show by rock shorts.....let's just say that was a decent way to kill 6 mins. Anyway I'm not an etlist...if I wouldn't like anything from the 2010s. I'm not demanding a return to the 90s and 200s.....that is something a 90s kid for cartoons would demand. I am demanding for shows to be different and take risks. It is kind of funny all the new shows I like make fun of how stable things have come in anime.
Jul 14, 2016 3:43 PM

Sep 2014
Good shit post bro, should write a shit post blog
Jul 14, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
davinci12 said:
Good shit post bro, should write a shit post blog
lol shit posts would be all troll posts...but I actually gotten good advice and responses. I also don't do that either. I do write reviews if you're interested.
Jul 14, 2016 11:12 PM
Jul 2016
I don't know what your talking about, I think the new anime, especially 2014-2016 has been astounding. But this is all opinion based. Of course most animes are school based or related to children, take death note-high schooler, code geass- high schooler, full metal achelmist-15 years old, watch ones that are related to adult content like prison school, psycho pass, Tokyo ghoul then move to the manga because the manga is really good. Take the new relife anime which is about a 27 year old man getting a second chance to redo his life sort of, though its based in high school it has a good moral to the story and relatable values. But you have to understand not to many anime don't revolve around high schoolers, you just have to accept and move on. Plus to say cartoons on cartoon network is better than anime is plain stupid( opinion based) You mustn't be that old to say cartoons are better. Ill give you a list to watch that I think are good and based after 2010. Say Hunter x hunter 2011, prison school, pyscho pass, one punch man, erased, God eater( based off Japanese video games), Food Wars( echi food making show that's hilarious but definitely for adults) Seven deadly sins, Magi, Kabaneri of the iron fotress, Terraformers, Darker than Black, Parasyte and Durarara which has now like 51 episodes and completed.
Jul 14, 2016 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
bobby19933 said:
I don't know what your talking about, I think the new anime, especially 2014-2016 has been astounding. But this is all opinion based. Of course most animes are school based or related to children, take death note-high schooler, code geass- high schooler, full metal achelmist-15 years old, watch ones that are related to adult content like prison school, psycho pass, Tokyo ghoul then move to the manga because the manga is really good. Take the new relife anime which is about a 27 year old man getting a second chance to redo his life sort of, though its based in high school it has a good moral to the story and relatable values. But you have to understand not to many anime don't revolve around high schoolers, you just have to accept and move on. Plus to say cartoons on cartoon network is better than anime is plain stupid( opinion based) You mustn't be that old to say cartoons are better. Ill give you a list to watch that I think are good and based after 2010. Say Hunter x hunter 2011, prison school, pyscho pass, one punch man, erased, God eater( based off Japanese video games), Food Wars( echi food making show that's hilarious but definitely for adults) Seven deadly sins, Magi, Kabaneri of the iron fotress, Terraformers, Darker than Black, Parasyte and Durarara which has now like 51 episodes and completed.
I have seen most of those shows you are talking about. I just started watching Relife today actually. I'm 23 dude and no it isn't plain stupid to say that cartoons are doing better than anime. I mean there are fight scenes in SU. tmnt 2012, and mlp that shit all over any fight a typical shouen anime of the 2010s do...since they do one simple thing? What's that not make everything still images and actually have fluid movement through a scene.

I think people overhype the 2010s....you see the second part says shots in the arm. Notice how every show you listed didn't all within the same season or timeframe. We have to wait months to get anything remotely worth a damn. Also the anime aimed at kids barely involve high school most of the time. Most anime high schools are aimed at pre-teens to teens dude.

While yes I could just deal with it, but when this makes up majority of the seasons that is not a good thing and there is no balance. Why must I dig to find a show like Kiznavier? Why must I dig to find a show like Maria The Virgin witch? I shouldn't have to dig. Overall as many people who didn't just sit up and attack me understood this: we know you are an anime fan and you seem to really care. You have to trim the fat and not try to watch everything you see.

Btw Darker than black season 1 was awesome. I need to see season 2. Never fully watched Parasyte. I also watched Seven Deadly Sins...and that was just okay to good.

Also Hunter x hunter 2011 is a remake of an older series...remakes of older shows do not count. And before you say," but you mention tmnt 2012!!" You should know every tmnt has its own tone, lore, and direction. None of them are reboots of the other. God eater....I played the game. I like it. Kabaneri of the iron frotess......just go check my animelsit for that show if you wanna see what I think about it. But yeah I could be here for hours. Let me wrap this up.

It isn't I want sex, drugs, murder, and swearing. I want shows that look and feel different that take risks and don't feed me the same tropes again and again. A show like Relife is doing that right now. Take that as an example.
Jul 15, 2016 4:13 AM

Feb 2016
Have you watched Kyousogiga? It's my favorite show so far and it was made in 2013. It's a very simple and original story, has a Kill la Kill vibe, but doesn't have any fanservice or waifu wars last time I checked, yet managed to convey a deep meaning in 10 episodes, it made me want to watch and find more anime when I was about to quit. If you lost hope for anime, there are still some manga that are really worth read, though reading and watching is not the same.
I dislike otaku, moe and waifu crap, but look at me, I'm stuck watching 2005-2014 anime and I'm currently watching Log Horizon. I know the quality shows are becoming less and less, but these few shows that come out are really worth watching.
Jul 15, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2015
Rolfe said:
Because there was no bad anime in the 90s and 2000s, right? This thread is stupid.

You can't really say anime itself is bad, just "most anime right now" or not even that, "more than it's been in the oughties" is even less sweeping. Because quality phrasing is a big part of not making sweeping statements too sweeping. Decline is just that, decline. Although you must of had to watch a whole lot of anime from both decades to realize a trend!

Whether or not it's actually in decline is anyone's to judge, though. Anyone else to judge, since I uh, don't watch much anime. I'm just gonna...go.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jul 15, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2015
Your taste in anime is almost as shitty as this thread
Jul 16, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2011
Quadrillion said:
Have you watched Kyousogiga? It's my favorite show so far and it was made in 2013. It's a very simple and original story, has a Kill la Kill vibe, but doesn't have any fanservice or waifu wars last time I checked, yet managed to convey a deep meaning in 10 episodes, it made me want to watch and find more anime when I was about to quit. If you lost hope for anime, there are still some manga that are really worth read, though reading and watching is not the same.
I dislike otaku, moe and waifu crap, but look at me, I'm stuck watching 2005-2014 anime and I'm currently watching Log Horizon. I know the quality shows are becoming less and less, but these few shows that come out are really worth watching.
Oh no there are few shows still worth watching. I am liking Relife and Re:Zero right now....wanna know why? Because they look and feel different.

Here-Hear said:
Your taste in anime is almost as shitty as this thread
Sorry I don't like what you. It is hard to tack what genre I like since I am down for anything.
Jul 18, 2016 4:43 AM

Feb 2016
MasterHavik said:
Quadrillion said:
Oh no there are few shows still worth watching. I am liking Relife and Re:Zero right now....wanna know why? Because they look and feel different.

Heard pretty much they're still... otaku pandering crap.
I often watch anime only after they're been completed or when they lose all the hype. By the way, apparently judging by the looks of your list, you've watched plenty of HENTAI, other than fanservice shows like highschool of the dead and prison school, hence I can't take you seriously anymore.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» How would you describe modern mainstream anime?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

23 by SwordBreaker36 »»
50 seconds ago

» When is an anime too long or too short for you?

Spunkert - 4 hours ago

14 by Rhae »»
7 minutes ago

» What exactly are the perks of having waifu?

SgtBateMan - 4 hours ago

17 by Rhae »»
10 minutes ago

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - 4 hours ago

15 by Rhae »»
13 minutes ago

» How much anime is too much

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

20 by Tirinchas »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.