Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
DAYS
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 20, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2009
The pink spots on the MC's cheeks annoy the hell out of me for some reason... Other than that, I agree with a few posters above who pointed out how no reason or motivation for any of the actions was provided. It felt plain weird why Kazama invited some random guy who was a complete stranger to him to futsal, all because the anime didn't even bother to give any reason, just going through the motions.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 21, 2016 7:33 AM
Oct 2013
bruh that was too cheesy and cliche , this feels like it's for kids.

The hero is so weak and his friend looks like a girl.

also it feels like yaoi which was very awkward to watch (when he blushed).

+1 for being about futsal and not regular soccer though.
Jul 25, 2016 10:29 AM
Mar 2016
Good first episode. For a sports anime Days got it down. I was a little unimpressed with Tsukushi, but I guess he won me over with his determination.. And I love the fact that sports anime always make fall in love with their MC- for 1. Their bubbly attitude 2.) Their determinations. I guess with Days it's almost no surprise that we'll have an underdog. But it's this type of anime that studios have been producing for many generations, that never fails to make you smile or laugh.. I mean sure MC's in shounen manga/animes are so easy to read nowadays that it's almost not hard to want to root for them... With Days, I think it's possible to enjoy, and I don't often watch sports anime or shounen animes- to be exact. Kanata was pretty cool as a character and looks like Tsukushi will join the soccer team?
Aug 5, 2016 6:38 PM

Aug 2011
so much gay vibes i love
Aug 7, 2016 6:35 PM

Jun 2015
There's a lot of sports anime this season and I didn't like the others so much but this one is decent and good for a yaoi ship for the fujoshis. Wonder how he's gonna take care of those blisters though gosh..
Oct 3, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2008
Wow!! If you look up the word 'determination' in the dictionary, I am more than sure that there's a picture of Tsukushi right next to it.

Can't wait for Kazama and Tsukushi to share their first kiss! I hope there's tongue involved.
Oct 8, 2016 4:50 PM
Jul 2016
I've been meaning to try out more sports anime and when I saw this was ongoing I decided to try it out. I'm really liking it so far!
(Mostly because of the Kazama x Tsukushi vibes I'm getting, but that's besides the point ;) )
Has a nice amount of comedy by making use of the underdog portrayal!
Nov 1, 2016 5:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a stupid or a ace, will be to watit!!!
Nov 26, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2016
super cliche and rushed, some of the comedy fell flat and the drama was too forced + the mc was annoying and didn't have clear motivations. also gay. very gay. it wasn't completely terrible and unenjoyable though, so I'll give it a few more episodes.
Dec 24, 2016 1:15 AM

Jul 2014
For the first episode, everything seems to happen so fast?!

Also, I already dislike Tsukushi. lol I don't mind leads who start off badly at first (understandable) but IDK... something about him rubs me the wrong way from his looks to his personality. Seeing him struggle and how he's handling/reacting to it makes me cringe and want to look away. But as far as the story goes it seems to have promise, so I'm still looking forward to what happens next.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 25, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2016
It's strange because I don't usually like sports anime all that much but I LOVED this episode.
I found something in life, is just that I'm still trying to figure out what is it.
Jan 19, 2017 2:49 PM

Jun 2011
There's a difference between gutsy and stupidity, being ambitious and being ignorant of oneself's limitation. They overplayed the idiotic part of Tsukushi and tried too hard to make him appear to be "hardworking" even though he seems to be that type. His reaction when the ace told him to leave gave me ptsd flashback of Onoda, have a feeling this will be a painful ride until Tsukushi finally got past the basics, and become somewhat of a badass.

I also find it unrelatable when he's being so obsessed with football AND Kazama when they've only known each other for 1+ days. His passion for football came out of nowhere and was not given focus after the futsal game.

Anyway, this is not a very positive first impression to me, aside from the animation which was amazing, everything else could use some work. I hope our boy Tsukushi will go through proper training procedure to get up to everyone's level, I hate when sports anime make people do some crazy training as if they don't risk injury.

Oh yeah I also have to wonder if the nail that came off did affect Tsukushi, it would hurt a lot if your toe nail came off, but they're treating it like it has healed since the futsal game.. which was held like a day ago.

One more thing, why is Tsukushi so damn feminine? Look at the way he rub his tears off his face, and look at how he run in the beginning of ep 2.. Damn.. and for his type of character, couldn't they have found a better voice actor for him? This voice will be grating my ears for the next few episodes, probably more..
ToG25thBaamJan 19, 2017 2:54 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 19, 2017 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
Great start, typical newbie who has nothing that turns into the team's ace as we saw in the very first scene.

Also I'm totally biased because I love the hell out of football as a sport
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 31, 2018 4:28 PM

Jan 2016
I seriously love the opening. It's so motivating and I just feel like, I have to work hard RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
Oct 14, 2019 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
Woah Tsukamoto is pretty impressive, getting hurt like that without any care for his own safety, the type of character who hasn't been blessed with talent but puts in hard work as replace

Man, I can relate to Tsukamoto in the fact I'm clumsy as hell, too bad I am not as persistent as he is
UnkrownedOct 14, 2019 4:37 AM

Nov 25, 2019 4:34 PM

Feb 2008
I love the reason that he got into the sport, though I'm not sure why. I do wish he wasn't a striker though. I'd have preferred if he was a goalie or someone from the mid or back lines that specialized in defense or assists. It just feels like the protagonist is always a striker, so its gotten a bit boring.

Wow. That's a first pass you'll never forget lol. Though, I have to wonder how he's managed to never play the game before. Its like the most popular sport in the world. You'd think his school would have forced him to play it at some point.

They shouldn't have let him play the second half. I absolutely hate series that use this trope. It's just encouraging kids to play injured, which is absolutely not a good idea. Though, I do appreciate that he didn't use his injured foot to kick the winning goal or something.

Yeah, practicing to that degree isn't a good idea either. Its absolutely not something to be encouraged.

That aside, I'm starting to wonder if this is BL...
Dec 21, 2020 10:26 PM

Jul 2016
What a way to force the bromance from the get go, uh?

Average start overall. Not really a fan of the super wimpy kind of MC tho.
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 PM
Aug 2019
excited to see where this goes!
Nov 10, 2023 7:58 PM

Dec 2019
This... uh... I uh... I smell a lot of homosexuality here.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

67 by vclouted »»
Apr 2, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 16, 2023 12:34 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

39 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

75 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.