Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2011
So, I'm looking into a way to assist with slowing down and eventually eliminating my cigarette addiction. Right now I average a half-pack a day. Heard about the nicotine gum. But was wondering about the patches as well since I think the gum is a tad more expensive. Though if it's more effective I'll consider it.
Jul 2, 2016 7:28 AM
Aug 2014
I tried to quit with patches once, but they dont burn that well
Gums are the best way to go i think. They help to break habits as well by making your mouth busy with other stuff.
And i think the behavioural addiction is the real enemy while quitting. The physical addiction disappers much faster and wont come back alone. The habits can creep back every day until you die.
Jul 2, 2016 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
leNerd said:
I tried to quit with patches once, but they dont burn that well
Gums are the best way to go i think. They help to break habits as well by making your mouth busy with other stuff.
And i think the behavioural addiction is the real enemy while quitting. The physical addiction disappers much faster and wont come back alone. The habits can creep back every day until you die.
Matters made worse by the fact I'm not employed thus giving me more time to smoke. But, then again I started smoking at work initially.
Jul 2, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2010
Actually, your best bet is to combine the two. The patch will give your body a basal level of nicotine to lower the chance of cravings, while the gum can tackle them if they arise.

I would start off with the patch and see how it goes from there.
Jul 2, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
So, I'm looking into a way to assist with slowing down and eventually eliminating my cigarette addiction. Right now I average a half-pack a day. Heard about the nicotine gum. But was wondering about the patches as well since I think the gum is a tad more expensive. Though if it's more effective I'll consider it.

I bite the inside of my lip whenever i had the urge sometimes to the point were i bled. Worked pretty well. Also try exercising if you dont already
Jul 2, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
You know you could just ask for a doctor for what's best, or search for a scientific article ( try with "pubmed") on what's best between the two. Having statistics of the efficiency of the 2 methods is better than a personal opinion on that matter.

The easiest way to stop smoking is to die. Good Luck @OP :P
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
Jul 2, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
scruf4ls said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

I bite the inside of my lip whenever i had the urge sometimes to the point were i bled. Worked pretty well. Also try exercising if you dont already
Sifr said:
You know you could just ask for a doctor for what's best, or search for a scientific article ( try with "pubmed") on what's best between the two. Having statistics of the efficiency of the 2 methods is better than a personal opinion on that matter.

The easiest way to stop smoking is to die. Good Luck @OP :P

charlimitstuff. And here's some more useless text.

More topics from this board

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - May 3

28 by SynthwaveCrusade »»
9 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

723 by SynthwaveCrusade »»
20 minutes ago

» I got a girlfriend recently and she gets really emotional when i pay for things for her. Why do you think that is?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

22 by DigiCat »»
52 minutes ago

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice?

vasipi4946 - May 2

45 by Freshell »»
2 hours ago

» Have you ever really sit down and really think about the short term and long term effects of AI in your industry?

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

9 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.